Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Wet Ninja']I second that, and I'd add Deep Impact as Perk 3. It's a good all-around combination.[/quote]

That's what I used to typically use. So, it goes to show even bad players (me) have something in common with the better players (you).

Yea I think the AK74u is the most slept on weapon in the game. It feels the most accurate out of any SMG but has a good firerate and does nice damage. Just finished my 150 headshots with it tonight using a silencer so it might of been mine lol

[quote name='-BigC-']Yea I think the AK74u is the most slept on weapon in the game. It feels the most accurate out of any SMG but has a good firerate and does nice damage. Just finished my 150 headshots with it tonight using a silencer so it might of been mine lol[/quote]

Couldn't agree more... It is by far one of my Top 5 guns of choice.

[quote name='xcoax']I picked up a silenced AK-74u in a game today and absolutely fell in love. It has now been added to my list of classes.[/quote]

Where have you been?

[quote name='-BigC-']Yea I think the AK74u is the most slept on weapon in the game. It feels the most accurate out of any SMG but has a good firerate and does nice damage. Just finished my 150 headshots with it tonight using a silencer so it might of been mine lol[/QUOTE]
The AK-47 isn't an SMG.

I like the stuns as well. I blind myself too often with flashbangs, and have never found smokes very useful. Ok for domination I guess in that you can smoke the flag your capturing--but that doesn't help much since people just chuck grenades in there and kill you anyway.

[quote name='yukine']What is the specialty 'nade of choice? I've been using stuns myself.[/QUOTE]
Following a stun with a frag is cash money.

I throw a flash/stun right after I throw my random frags, helps get more kills and less of the nades that hit someone but no kill

Stuns are awesome.

I'm also a big fan of the 74-u w/ dot scope. Haven't tried it with the silencer though. I'm not sure how much I would like it, because wouldn't the range be nerfed?

Anywho, I'm home now cleaning out my room for when I move back in, but I'll definitely be up for some games later tonight.

The range is a bit less but I am a big fan of silenced weapons. If you can stand the stock sites then I prefer silenced. All of my rifles I have silencers on and the only SMG I dont use a silencer on is the Scorpion because the range is only 3 feet with it.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']When people are using Last Stand, the stun grenade is my 'nade of choice. Hitting a downed man in the face with a dud grenade puts hair on my chest.[/quote]

Hmmm... You just gave me a new way to humiliate those Juggernaut/Shotgun/Last Stand assholes. Never even thought about it before.

[quote name='mvp828']Hmmm... You just gave me a new way to humiliate those Juggernaut/Shotgun/Last Stand assholes. Never even thought about it before.[/quote]

It's why one of my classes include three stun grenades. :D

Yeah, Stun x3 is like my poor man's UAV when there isn't one up. Just chuck one around a corner and if you hit something you'll know theres someone there. Thats when I bank a grenade around the corner and take them out. I used to piss the hell out of DCriminal during our big private matches doing that.

[quote name='xcoax']Yeah, Stun x3 is like my poor man's UAV when there isn't one up. Just chuck one around a corner and if you hit something you'll know theres someone there. Thats when I bank a grenade around the corner and take them out. I used to piss the hell out of DCriminal during our big private matches doing that.[/QUOTE]

This strat is especially useful in S&D so you can save yer UAV till next round.

I typically rock Stun x3 till I get the later levels of Nades x3. But even then I only rock Nades x3 on certain maps (wetworks, shipment, bog). Stuns work just as good as nades sometimes. Occasionally yer gonna get killed with a lucky blind shot from yer enemy but most of the time they work just fine.

One thing I've always wondered is... do you blind your teammates when you use flashes and whatnot? I'm used to play Counter-Strike so I'm always careful when I chuck one.

[quote name='yukine']One thing I've always wondered is... do you blind your teammates when you use flashes and whatnot? I'm used to play Counter-Strike so I'm always careful when I chuck one.[/quote]
You can only blind yourself and the enemy.

Just hit rank 98 in kills at about 121000 kills. Been a goal of mine for the last month, I can now sleep and catchup on my homework

congrats -BigC-, i was trying to get to the top 1,000, but i just haven't been having as much fun with this game lately. the new maps are a huge disappointment for me, the camping was bad enough on the other maps, the were pretty much designed for campers to me.

i haven't been in the message board for this lately, but i just had a hilarious thing happen to me and my clan. these guys we were playing had the spawn on creek with the house and were camping it. so i pushed in there 4 times before finally getting them out of it and then we held it and won. after that game they called us "camping bitch*s." i simply responded by saying how i ran in their spawn 4 times without them moving out and that we had to force them out for them to move and muted them right after. so the next game we beat them on chinatown with them camping in the back corner with the lmg and they started talking trash about one of our players accents. the next game we destroyed them on crash by 450 points and they say have fun getting banned and leave. we all then get a message from one of those players saying "enjoy getting banned you cheating sacks of sh*t."

i do so enjoy how people threaten this just because they got beat. we all had deaths, none of us glitched and yet we are "cheaters" just because we won. anyone else have problems like this?

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']

i do so enjoy how people threaten this just because they got beat. we all had deaths, none of us glitched and yet we are "cheaters" just because we won. anyone else have problems like this?[/quote]

Only every time i'm connected to Xbox LIVE :cool:

I've decided that Misery Loves Company is by far my most favorite humilating thing to do. I mean, how much of an idiot must that other guy feel like when he realized I was able to stand behind him long enough to cook a grenade to my death taking him with me without him even noticing?

I used to just do it when I would sneak up behind snipers camping in windows who didn't notice me, but now I've taken to running behind people in the hallways of Vacant and getting them. Its just too funny.

Oh, and the silenced AK-47 with Double Tap is my new guilty pleasure. I don't get as good of a K/D ratio as with the M16 Red Dot, but it is too much fun not to use.

Well you can do misery loves company by rushing a room with a nade 1 second before its gonna blow up. But ya I did that challenge by clearing out a pack of snipers 3 times in a game lmao

[quote name='-BigC-']Well you can do misery loves company by rushing a room with a nade 1 second before its gonna blow up. But ya I did that challenge by clearing out a pack of snipers 3 times in a game lmao[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats a totally legit method, I just prefer crouching down behind the guy for five seconds and letting it cook to running in like a suicide bomber for the humiliation factor. I think eventually I'm going to try to work out the timing to where I can cook it long enough to throw it into the back of their head, and then blow up before they know what happened but not take myself with it.

[quote name='janglypangly']Just got this from gamefly two days ago, and I love it :). What can you summon after the helicopter? Or do you stop getting toys after a 7-kill streak?[/QUOTE]

The chopper's it. After that you just go for the best streak you can.

[quote name='janglypangly']Just got this from gamefly two days ago, and I love it :). What can you summon after the helicopter? Or do you stop getting toys after a 7-kill streak?[/quote]

Well i think there was suppose to be a Nuke option after the copper but that was already done by world of conflict so it was removed.

[quote name='-BigC-']Just hit rank 98 in kills at about 121000 kills. Been a goal of mine for the last month, I can now sleep and catchup on my homework[/quote]
Wow, congrats! That's a big deal.

[quote name='-BigC-']Just hit rank 98 in kills at about 121000 kills. Been a goal of mine for the last month, I can now sleep and catchup on my homework[/QUOTE]

Whats your Play Time in the game? I'm guessing over 40 days?

The first time I ever did Misery Loves company I did all 3 levels in one match on Downpour.

The first guy came through the fox hole to me jumping on his head from the side while cooking a nade.

The next two I just got while rushing around the corner of the wall and smoking the two campers.wuth one nade,

Heres my personal favorite challenge story.
I loved the cruelty one where you kill a guy, pick up his gun, and kill him again with his own gun.
It sounded like an impossible challenge at first.
But i was on a level, overgrown of all maps, where a last prestige rank guy with a golden Shotgun (yes on overgrown) kept running over the bridge side into and around the buildings and getting quite a lot of kills, he was good.
Anyways since into half the match i figured out his routine so i manage to kill him and pick up his obviously golden shotty and waited for him to return.
But either he kills me or i die from someone else for the first 3-4 times i tired until finally i was able to get him with his own gun.
It was kinda a pain and kinda exciting running around killing him, then looking for his gun then, trying to survive to locate him, and go Shotty vs Shotty with him the more experienced one with the gun.

By FAR the most satisfyingly challenge for me.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Whats your Play Time in the game? I'm guessing over 40 days?[/QUOTE]

Last I looked it was 21 which was a day or two ago. So probably around 21 6-10

[quote name='-BigC-']Last I looked it was 21 which was a day or two ago. So probably around 21 6-10[/QUOTE]

Wow you play a lot. I'm at almost 6 days. I thought I played this game way too much :D

21 days is nothing... i have seen people with 35-45 days, now that is way too much. i just hit 17.5, i have been slowing down with the amount of time i play now though. i used to play 6-7 hours a night, now it is 2-3 tops. of course i have had this game since day one and it was the only game i played for at least 4 months.

Yea normally I would play about 4 hours a night before I went to sleep, combine that went maybe a few hours a day after I get home from school and it adds up. It isnt the only thing I do but I like playing games to take breaks from studying, cant hit the books for more then a hour without being sleepy so I go 1hour study 1 hour gaming most days of the week

I'm at nine and a half days right now, and I thought I was bad... haha

While we're talking about completing challenges, I finally got Extreme Cruelty (Kill everyone on the other team without dying) last night. It was on Chinatown and everyone was gathered around the turret area where the B bomb is in Search and Destroy. I cooked a grenade and tossed it out of the second story of the DVD shop car bombing two, and then jumped out the window and got the other three with my silenced AK47. Games like that make playing through the horrible ones worth it.

[quote name='xcoax']I'm at nine and a half days right now, and I thought I was bad... haha

While we're talking about completing challenges, I finally got Extreme Cruelty (Kill everyone on the other team without dying) last night. It was on Chinatown and everyone was gathered around the turret area where the B bomb is in Search and Destroy. I cooked a grenade and tossed it out of the second story of the DVD shop car bombing two, and then jumped out the window and got the other three with my silenced AK47. Games like that make playing through the horrible ones worth it.[/quote]

I managed to get this one on wet works where I took out 3 of them on the ground then ran up the sniping spot/plane area and knifed the 2 snipers up there. I got it before I hit my first lvl 55...and I have so many challenges/gun attachments and stuff that I don't really see any point in going for prestige... I'm at about 1.5 days or so and...wow how anyong can play past 15 days and not be at least somewhat bored is beyond me....actually it's not...I probably played that much in CoD2 or more now that I think of it lol. (But then again that was over a year and it was the only game I played pretty much...)

[quote name='TahoeMax']I feel much better. I was at around 2 when I sold it and I felt like an addict :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm a bit over 2 days and feeling that I've played too much. With that and the single player combined this has to be in my top 5 longest played games every.

Of course, it's the first real online gaming I've done as the 360 is the first console I've did any real online gaming with (dicked around with the dreamcast once or twice). So before it was mainly just beat the single player once and move on with games.

Also explains why I suck!

i am getting bored of the game a little which is why i have slowed down on playing a lot. i was trying to get into the top 1,000 on the kill leaderboards, but i can't stand playing for more than 2-3 hours a night anymore and where i am at on the leaderboards, these people still play quite a bit. i think i would enjoy it more if i had things to work towards still, the only challenges i dont have complete are ones i dont care to complete and since i can't prestige again, all i can really go for is stats and golden weapons (which most of them are weapons i wont use).

lol ya I dont like any of the golden weapons at all, but so far I have 2 and almost done with 2 others. Nothing else to do and I still have fun

Just made a Shotgun/Grip/Juggernaut/Extreme Conditioning class, have to say I pissed off more people in 1 night then maybe the last few months I have been playing lol

[quote name='HighlightShow']Currently at 11 even, about to enter the 10th prestige.[/quote]
Speaking of 10th prestige. Are there any special things you unlock when you get to 10th prestige?

[quote name='Littlefields']Speaking of 10th prestige. Are there any special things you unlock when you get to 10th prestige?[/quote]

Nope.

[quote name='Littlefields']Speaking of 10th prestige. Are there any special things you unlock when you get to 10th prestige?[/QUOTE]

You get the "No Life" Achievement, because everyone in the room will tell you that.

bread's done
Back