Call of Duty Black OPS

[quote name='intoxicated662']Zombie maps got achievements last time, so why not this time around? Also, there was a 0 gamerscore achievement point for prestiging but that's not in black ops either. They should focus on doing updates and fix the game a bit before even releasing a map pack.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I'm really trying to still enjoy Black Ops. This is pulling a Reach on me, where I play it for a month and a half and it slooowly turns more and more bullshitty until I have no interest in it anymore. I really wish this $15 map pack shit would stop.

I've been playing Wager Matches 3x as much as I've been playing regular modes. Even those are starting to wear a bit. Granted, I still don't have reliable internet so I haven't been able to play as much, but it's still happening.

Might have to fire up the BC2 paddles or get into another game like Hot Pursuit.

I try to not complain about games, I usually take everything lightly, but some games just push my limit.

Also, I'm starting to notice that camping's spreading a WHOLE shitload into Wager Matches now. We're all aware that I despise camping, but I can understand camping in One In The Chamber, I guess. Camping in Gun Game is a bit stupid, but I see why people do it. But camping in Sticks and Stones? Really? And not just the stay-in-one-spot-while-he-reloads camping, but having the same person be in the same spot the entire match, aiming at the doorway with his crossbow. Come on. The last few matches I played of SnS, there was always at least 1 person camping by a doorway. In one match there were actually 3 at once.

I say again, how is that fun?[/QUOTE]

What is this? Opinions that differ from my own? STOP WHINING! :lol:

[quote name='The 7th Number']Has there been something going wrong in COD:BO the past week or two im not aware of? Ive been taking a break from it. What makes people say they are going to BC2 and their 15 dollar map pack over BO and their 15 dollar map pack? Just for a few weapons? Because they expect something more from a map pack? I think BO is great, love most of the maps, and sure you get campers but that can be said in any MP game.

Well for one i dont think they can add achievements unless they bring out DLC. Each game gets 1,000 gamerscore, DLC can add 250? i think to that. But i really dont see how adding 0 point achievements fixes the game? Sure adding more achievements would be cool, but i dont see how not including them hurts the DLC.

You are getting exactly what they describe, maps. And i have to say, getting 4 MP maps and 1 zombie map for $15 seems like a good deal. Halo Reach only got 2 maps and 1 forge map for the same price.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, I think its very simple. Some people are just getting tired of the game, thats not to say that the game is somehow worse all of a sudden. The game is still solid but I think after 4 games people have a shorter attention span for it than previous games.

I think the BF thing just stems from the fact that they added the Vietnam thing, which on paper sounds a hell of a lot more interesting than 4 new maps 2 of which were proved to be scrapped before release.

TL;DR

Maps not sexy, game play content is?

Map packs in general are a shitty deal, at least for those of us used to getting free maps and mods in the PC world. I'd consider paying at most a quarter for a new "sanctioned" map. $3 a map? I can get good XBL Indie games for less.

Perks on the DLCs= not a good idea... what if i didnt wanted to buy the DLC?, you would have a advantage over me, thats not fair. This is only good if you only can use it with other people having the DLC.. well pretty much like the maps :p

I just wish they'd sell the Zombie map separate. I have zero interest in MP so paying $15 for one map is a joke. I [begrudgingly] paid for it in WaW, but am considering sitting this one out. On the flip side I'm sure there are a ton of people that would rather not pay for the Zombie map.

Just make the zombie map $5 and sell the MP pack a little cheaper. Win-Win.

[quote name='The 7th Number'] Halo Reach only got 2 maps and 1 forge map for the same price.[/QUOTE]

Quality of the maps aside, they also gave us two free forge maps prior to the Noble Map Pack.

I don't really care about seeing new weapons, killstreaks, etc in the map pack but I would like to see more layers and stamps added to the emblems and new camos, playercards etc.. added as well the maps.

I'm not saying that new guns and killstreaks wouldn't be nice, just that I don't need them to continue enjoying the game.

[quote name='Corvin']Quality of the maps aside, they also gave us two free forge maps prior to the Noble Map Pack.[/QUOTE]

yeah because cliffhanger was garbage, and the other was decent at best.

IDK, im at prestige 3 and am still like the MP. This is the most fun i had in a COD game since MW1.

As with MW2, if this was 800pts I wouldn't question it, but at 1200pts...I'll have to think about it.

Also I wonder if Gamestop will have some sort of "pre-order" bonus like they did with the Halo: Reach Noble map pack.

I prob won't buy the map packs right away but I will end up getting them. I just hope they are decent maps. Wasnt a fan of some of MW2 extra maps like Carnival and Trailer park.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Isn't the Noble map pack only 800 points?[/QUOTE]

Yes. But it also has 3 maps. This has 4 MP maps plus a zombie map. Not saying it's worth 1200 pts, but that's the reason for the extra $5.

Also, why are you still in this thread? All you've been doing every time you post in here is talk about how much better either Halo or BFBC2 is. That's great. Go play those games and quit wasting your time in here posting the same repetitive shit.

My flamethrower attachment isnt showing up when having the rpg as a secondary for some reason. Can someone test that out and see if its the same on yours?

I was ridiculously streaky tonight. I had a 38-0 round, a 32-0 round, a 27-0 round, a 24-2 round and a lot of 2.0ish rounds. But between all of those I had a few .8, .9, and 1.0 KDR rounds.

I was feeling it so much that I switched my killstreaks to Dogs, Chopper Gunner, and Blackbird. I got it 3 times I think, but I got maybe 10 blackbirds and 6 or 7 chopper gunners on the night.

@tokitoki50 Do you play with a group of people or do you play alone? I am looking for a few more people to play with since a lot of the time when I get home from work the group I usually play with is full and I end up playing against them a lot. I personally have above a 2.5 k/d I think and tend to get the same things you did with your streak. I will get a bunch of high kill/low death games in a night, but in laggy rooms or something I will have a few pretty bad games too. I play pretty much anything myself, but the group I usually play with has been sticking to HC HQ or HC CTF.

add ragtaggaming to your friends list... we usually have on average 6 guys playing every night. just look at that gamertag's friends list and send someone a message.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Went 40 and 0 today on Nuketown. Holla.[/QUOTE]

Very nice.

Played this game for the first time in two weeks yesterday. It seemed a lot more improved since the patch but the hit detection/latency is still not up to par yet. Hoping for another patch soon.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']@tokitoki50 Do you play with a group of people or do you play alone? I am looking for a few more people to play with since a lot of the time when I get home from work the group I usually play with is full and I end up playing against them a lot. I personally have above a 2.5 k/d I think and tend to get the same things you did with your streak. I will get a bunch of high kill/low death games in a night, but in laggy rooms or something I will have a few pretty bad games too. I play pretty much anything myself, but the group I usually play with has been sticking to HC HQ or HC CTF.[/QUOTE]

I play with a group of people but we're only full every once and a while. We usually play TDM but sometimes do Domination or Ground War. Feel free to send me an FR and maybe we can play together sometime.

Besides the usual raging the people I play with are pretty cool.

[quote name='tokitoki50']I play with a group of people but we're only full every once and a while. We usually play TDM but sometimes do Domination or Ground War. Feel free to send me an FR and maybe we can play together sometime.

Besides the usual raging the people I play with are pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

I try to avoid Ground War, but I used to only play core modes such as TDM, Domination, or Sabotage. I have my little rage fits every once in a while, but I think everyone gets them in games like this if they are any good at all.

What are yall playing that you manage to get 40 kills in 1 game? I think my only perfection has been 18 and 0 in TDM which is all I play. I typically get anywhere from 20 to 30 kills in a single game of TDM, deaths varying from 0 all the way to 15.

I probably make up a good percentage of the 40 in those 40-0 scores. Hell, I'm happy any time my KDR is 1.0 or higher. Basically, what I'm saying is, do not get me on your team.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']I probably make up a good percentage of the 40 in those 40-0 scores. Hell, I'm happy any time my KDR is 1.0 or higher. Basically, what I'm saying is, do not get me on your team.[/QUOTE]

I was in teh same boat as you. the more you play the more you learn on what not to do.

As for instance, no need to case the whole map. Just stick to a side and control the map. The other team will eventually get to your side and just start to pick them off. Its not camping where you sit in one spot the whole but its Map Control.

other tips i found usefull TO ME AT LEAST
- dont run out like baby buffalo, you will pay for it.
- flank as much as you can. You want the full advantage in a gun fight.
- Make yourself the smallest target
- find a route on a map that feels the most comfortable to you. usually, the outside parts a nice becuase you dont have to worry about your back being exposed.
- also find the right load out set up and gun set up that feels the best to you. Dont worry what everyone else likes. Choose what you like. I love the AUG but you may hate it. So find a gun and/or attachments that best suits your style of play.

I brought my K/D from a low .6 all the way back to 1.15 lifetime. Its not great of course but the improvement is there. I too am not no where near the level of the rest of the good CAG players here but i can hold my own and if your running on a great team, there is no pressure to press for the win so you can play your game , get your kills, and help the team win the objective.

[quote name='hustletron']What are yall playing that you manage to get 40 kills in 1 game? I think my only perfection has been 18 and 0 in TDM which is all I play. I typically get anywhere from 20 to 30 kills in a single game of TDM, deaths varying from 0 all the way to 15.[/QUOTE]

I've never hit 40-0 but my 37-0 round was in TDM on Nuketown. I got to 10 or 11-0 by camping the upstairs yellow building with a motion sensor, shooting people as they ran up to kill me with the Galil and quickly sent out the blackbird when I hit 7-0, and then eventually picking up a spas and finishing them there. Then I ran up and laid down behind the bed, used dogs and chopper gunner at the same time. At that point it was all over, even with the small nerf chopper gunner got I was spawn killing the shit out of them.

EDIT: The round is actually in my file share if you want to take a look.

[quote name='tokitoki50']I've never hit 40-0 but my 37-0 round was in TDM on Nuketown. I got to 10 or 11-0 by camping the upstairs yellow building with a motion sensor, shooting people as they ran up to kill me with the Galil and quickly sent out the blackbird when I hit 7-0, and then eventually picking up a spas and finishing them there. Then I ran up and laid down behind the bed, used dogs and chopper gunner at the same time. At that point it was all over, even with the small nerf chopper gunner got I was spawn killing the shit out of them.

EDIT: The round is actually in my file share if you want to take a look.[/QUOTE]

Ahh that makes more sense I didn't factor in Kill streaks, I've really only been using the RC, Napalm and Rolling Thunder, 1 kill usually with the car, 2 is the most I've had, and typically 2 to 5 kills each with Napalm and Thunder.

I would switch to blackbird for the high killstreak, it helps the team more and I feel like you're guaranteed more kills. I usually roll care package, blackbird, chopper gunner but only if I'm playing with a team of people. Otherwise I go spy plane, napalm, blackbird.

Here is something I never got about COD.

Why does adding a silencer take away damage? I know in the stat line it doesnt but clearly thats a lie. The FN Fal is a 2 hit kill until you add a silencer when all of a sudden it could take up to 4 hits to down someone.

Even that sniper rifle L946 (or something cant remember) take two after adding one. I hope they dont make the mistake of thinking that balances something.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Here is something I never got about COD.

Why does adding a silencer take away damage? I know in the stat line it doesnt but clearly thats a lie. The FN Fal is a 2 hit kill until you add a silencer when all of a sudden it could take up to 4 hits to down someone.

Even that sniper rifle L946 (or something cant remember) take two after adding one. I hope they dont make the mistake of thinking that balances something.[/QUOTE]

All guns in COD aside from the LMGs have drop off damage. While it takes 3 shots to kill up close with a 74u it will take 5 at a distance. With a silencer the damage drops off closer than it normally would. Yes, for balance. You get to stay off the radar.

http://denkirson.xanga.com/735016527/black-ops/

This topic is another reason I play hardcore where the FAL is a single shot weapon even with a silencer except for very long distance. Even then it's just two shots.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Anyone else starting to get bored with Black Ops?[/QUOTE]

To fucking tears man. Quicker than any other COD but I am sure its because its pretty much the exact same as the others.

For me it just lacks structure so I dont have motivation to do anything in it. COD is about killing and thats about it. I dont have it in me to pick the one class that dominates and run it for 20 hours straight killing noobs as they run by. The "objective" modes are simply TDM with a secondary option. K/D isnt really my thing and even though I am very capable of going 40-2 or 35-0 I usually wind up running around with a RPG for kicks.

Hell I am rocking the FN FAL, RPG, Nova Gas and C4 because I cant bring myself to run the Famas, Ak74, PG63 setup anymore.

For me, Homefront cant come soon enough.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Anyone else starting to get bored with Black Ops?[/QUOTE]
For me personally I dont get this question, I mean if anyone played a game straight from when it came out until now, sure they would be bored.

I played Black Ops a lot then when I decided to buy Fallout New Vegas I stopped playing Black Ops to play that. You can get bored of anything if you play it long enough. It seems people find the idea of alternating games scary or something.:wall:

and to answer your question, no I'm not bored yet.:D

One thing I really hate that they changed is the COD $ to buy EVERYTHING. Using it for somethings seems ok, maybe. I really liked the old COD games having to use different weapons to get their unlocks. Spiced it up a bit more.

I personally enjoyed it a lot more when camos actually meant something.

Earning Red Tiger, Blue Tiger, all of that. Was a lot cooler. Now it's just "Siberia? Meh. 250 points, mine."

Question -
when i am searching for a match in lobby it always takes me to an empty room without any body and i have to wait until someone join and it takes a while , why that shit keep happen to me ?

Ok, did I miss something. Did black ops take away all the custom playercards?

Nm, was playing split screen and they werent showing up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nir']Question -
when i am searching for a match in lobby it always takes me to an empty room without any body and i have to wait until someone join and it takes a while , why that shit keep happen to me ?[/QUOTE]

Is your NAT open?

Either way, when it puts you in your own lobby you become host, which is always nice.

It doesn't always make you host when that happens. When I play without friends, that happens to me most of the time. But my connection isn't the best, so I'm rarely host. It just makes your own lobby until more people join. Then it picks the host.

Not really, probably because I've only played multiplayer once for about 3 hours (local tournament hosted by the military, which we won :)).

Have yet to play all the maps even. :x

bread's done
Back