Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - July Elite DLC out now, Terminal free for everyone

[quote name='Trakan']I would love for Respawn to win, especially if they got the Modern Warfare IP back.[/QUOTE]

I'm an attorney, but I've only got a passing knowledge of IP law. However, I assume that Activision has a very good legal team, and I don't think there is any possible way they could have accidentally put West and Zampella in a position to claim the Modern Warfare IP is theirs. Their claim is a total shot in the dark.

I have problem i could use advice on. I bought standard MW3 and via xbox live, paid the 4k points for the elite. My wife then comes home with a hardened edition for me. Can i use the code in the hardened edition to "stack" and give me 2 years of elite? If so should I redeem it now or wait until next year to do it?

If they bring back crash again I will so happy. Best map ever.

I don't really care if they recycle old maps, but only if they come out with new maps also (the MW2 map packs that had 2 recycle's each was pretty sad)

I wouldn't be surprised if those maps were just in there for testing.

I played MP for a while last night for the first time. I really enjoyed it. The only really annoying thing to me is the quick scoping snipers. They really need to make those things horribly inaccurate until you're fully scoped in. Snipers running all over the place quick scoping and then using the perk to switch to pistols instantly when they miss is not only irritating but it's just stupid.

[quote name='tukai']I have problem i could use advice on. I bought standard MW3 and via xbox live, paid the 4k points for the elite. My wife then comes home with a hardened edition for me. Can i use the code in the hardened edition to "stack" and give me 2 years of elite? If so should I redeem it now or wait until next year to do it?[/QUOTE]

you dont want/need two years of elite. it doesnt help you. they're only releasing maps for 9 months, not 18. 1 year is all you need

[quote name='yahoosale14']you dont want/need two years of elite. it doesnt help you. they're only releasing maps for 9 months, not 18. 1 year is all you need[/QUOTE]

I would assume it would be for the next years service following that for the next COD

[quote name='Trakan']
MW2-and-CoD-4-Maps-in-MW31.jpg

Maps from COD4/MW2 found in MW3's files.

http://mp1st.com/2011/11/10/cod-4-and-mw2-map-files-found-in-modern-warfare-3/

Might not mean anything though, they found weapon files in MW2 that were from COD4 that never made it to the game. Plus some of these maps would be coming back for the third time.[/QUOTE]

cant say im surprised, but get the cod4 maps out of here. would gladly pay for a mw2 map pack. Hoping to see afghan, derail, sub base, high rise, rundown, terminal, and skidrow in a map pack eventually. :drool:

[quote name='tukai']I would assume it would be for the next years service following that for the next COD[/QUOTE]

no it doesn't work that way. its not like an xbox live membership. just sell the hardened edition.

[quote name='yahoosale14']no it doesn't work that way. its not like an xbox live membership. just sell the hardened edition.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is. Elite will be associated with all CoD games from here on out. You will have a yearly fee to keep your Elite membership (or hopefully they'll keep sticking 1 year memberships in the Hardened Editions).

The remote turret is awful in kill confirmed, at least in Mercenary with no intelligent teammates. Racked up a good 15 kills with it (ended 25/3) with all the dog tags piling up in pretty much the same area, I had hoped teammates would see them on the map and a lot of them passed by, but it's like they purposefully ignored them. We lost like 34/65 :/

[quote name='hustletron']How fucking gay is your town? From the kid with the seniors 2012 shirt to the douche in the women's jacket.[/QUOTE]

Says the guy from Jacksonville... ;)

Ok, stupid question here but I just added some xp from Mtn Dew so does it give regular double xp or double xp for my gun and how would I tell that the double xp is even working? I checked at the end of one game and the points didn't really seemed doubled.

[quote name='yahoosale14']cant say im surprised, but get the cod4 maps out of here. would gladly pay for a mw2 map pack. Hoping to see afghan, derail, sub base, high rise, rundown, terminal, and skidrow in a map pack eventually. :drool:[/QUOTE]
Finally, someone else that likes Derail. I know it got a ton of hate, but it was my absolute favorite map in MW2. Maybe it's just because I made it a point to avoid going inside of the center building at all cost. You guys can have Crash, I'll gladly take any of the other maps listed above. :)

I played 2 hours of MP, seemed like i got the same 5 maps. Also there is no diving! and when i run and jump my guy leaps into a huge pile of quicksand, because it takes 2 seconds to start running again. Im going back to gears for tonight at least.

Haven't dived into the single player yet, but I'm already starting to feel a little burnt out on the multiplayer. I would put more time into Spec-Ops if people didn't quit or run out and get downed immediately.

i was having a major problem with spotty hit detection and 'lag" (where the killcam doesnt show me fire when i fired half a clip, or when i make it around a corner, and the kill cam shows me die before i get to cover) just like i do in black ops. my brother told me i should disable theater recording in the options because he read it made it better (i dont know if he read that on here or somewhere else) but i tried it, and it made it a lot better. so for people having that problem, id recommend turning off the theater recording, if you dont care about saving clips

It's crazy how shitty this game is. Played for a bit with a buddy, the farthest I could get in kill streaks was 6 kills, then I had an enemy lined up, it's like the game knew I needed one more kill for a chopper and I got like 12 hit markers but no kill and the enemy shoots me twice through a wall and I die.

Then a few maps later, a whole team is using sniper rifles and quick scoping my team on DOME!!!!!!! Sniping on DOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Sitting in the back corner of the map, hiding, and shooting people one time and getting kills, body shots, not headshots. I try to rush the snipers, the rest of the team is camping, hiding in corners, for us to go after the snipers. Then if they're not sitting in one spot, they're running around quickscoping. The last kill of the game was from a quickscope and it showed the person not even look down the scope and aim and get a one hit kill.

I remember going through the office part of the map, some guy was running around with akimbo revolvers, hits me one time and I die. This game's multiplayer is such an embarrassment to the COD name and that's saying a lot.

[quote name='hustletron']It's crazy how shitty this game is. Played for a bit with a buddy, the farthest I could get in kill streaks was 6 kills, then I had an enemy lined up, it's like the game knew I needed one more kill for a chopper and I got like 12 hit markers but no kill and the enemy shoots me twice through a wall and I die.

Then a few maps later, a whole team is using sniper rifles and quick scoping my team on DOME!!!!!!! Sniping on DOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Sitting in the back corner of the map, hiding, and shooting people one time and getting kills, body shots, not headshots. I try to rush the snipers, the rest of the team is camping, hiding in corners, for us to go after the snipers. Then if they're not sitting in one spot, they're running around quickscoping. The last kill of the game was from a quickscope and it showed the person not even look down the scope and aim and get a one hit kill.

I remember going through the office part of the map, some guy was running around with akimbo revolvers, hits me one time and I die. This game's multiplayer is such an embarrassment to the COD name and that's saying a lot.[/QUOTE]

Either:

A) You suck horribly and feel the need to rage about your failures all the time (you did the same thing when talking about Black Ops unfortunately).

B) You have a horribly slow Thailand connection that doesn't let you do well in matches ever.

Solution is either:

1) Practice more and get better, if you do indeed suck

2) Sell the game and be rage free for a little while, if you don't feel like practicing but you suck

3) Get a better connection somehow (going from wireless to wired, etc.)

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Ok, stupid question here but I just added some xp from Mtn Dew so does it give regular double xp or double xp for my gun and how would I tell that the double xp is even working? I checked at the end of one game and the points didn't really seemed doubled.[/QUOTE]

double xp for you not your gun, it can take some time for your 2xp to make it from site to your xbox

443732159.jpg

443732134.jpg

that's what it'll look like, at first 19 of my 24 hours transfered over, but today the last 5 hours went to my account

[quote name='yahoosale14']cant say im surprised, but get the cod4 maps out of here. would gladly pay for a mw2 map pack. Hoping to see afghan, derail, sub base, high rise, rundown, terminal, and skidrow in a map pack eventually. :drool:[/QUOTE]

COD4 has the best maps of the series, though I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a pack with Afghan and Favela.

Man, I am very frustrated with the maps in this game. Too small with terrible spawn points. I feel like I need to buy an HDMI capture card so the world can witness the shitty hands I have been delt ove the last few days.

[quote name='menikmati']Haven't dived into the single player yet, but I'm already starting to feel a little burnt out on the multiplayer. I would put more time into Spec-Ops if people didn't quit or run out and get downed immediately.[/QUOTE]

ill run through them to get the stars with you again.message me.

Finally going positive or 1:1 in some games and not having my ass handed to me.

Scar-L
2 attachements (silencer/heartbeat monitor)
Slight of Hand
Assassin
Steady Aim

Got a group of 6 of my buddies from back home to play a couple hours, so much fun, way better than playing with randoms the whole time.

Prestiged last night and used a token to unlock the type 95 throughout prestige, beast gun... with rapid fire I've found it to be the best. The FAD was a let down, didn't really find it that effective.

This game is just not up to par with the previous COD MP's. I do like kill confirm mode though esp with a good team. Maps are small, spawns are poor on some maps and the like hustletron says the hit boxes seem to be off. I literally walked up almost point blank to a prone guy last night, empty half a clip into him, he jumps up, fires and kills me. WTF. I may have some lag but not that much (10megs usually actual of 8, ping upper 80s to 120s) . Oh and I am more of MW fanboy than a BF guy.

I would love to join some cags for spec ops. That mode seems more fun with a talking team mate that knows what he/she is doing

As a sign that the maps are too small, has anyone played TDM where the time runs out before either team reaches hits the score limit? I've played for about 4 hours and have yet to play one full, 10-minute match where the score limit wasn't reached before time expired. Maybe it's just the levels I'm playing but I doubt it.

[quote name='theredworm']double xp for you not your gun, it can take some time for your 2xp to make it from site to your xbox

443732159.jpg

443732134.jpg

that's what it'll look like, at first 19 of my 24 hours transfered over, but today the last 5 hours went to my account[/QUOTE]

I registered my Dew XP points on Wednesday, and they still haven't posted to my account?

[quote name='TheBigAndy']Man, I am very frustrated with the maps in this game. Too small with terrible spawn points. I feel like I need to buy an HDMI capture card so the world can witness the shitty hands I have been delt ove the last few days.[/QUOTE]

I hear you. I finally had one really good level (21/5) and then followed it with a match where I was 2/12 and got killed within seconds of spawning every time.

These maps are too small and are designed so that the action is much too frantic for my liking. I also HATE how I'm shooting right at some guy, dump several hits on him, then he shoots me ONCE and I'm dead. It happens constantly and my connection is pretty strong too.

I have so very little motivation to play the MP on this which is crazy. I was never a huge fan of COD but I put many hours into all of them. This one...I just cant get excited to play it.

I am about half way the SpecOps on vet (maybe a little farther) after that I will tackle the survival (although I hate modes like that) and after that I think it will sit on my table for a while collecting dust.

A note for SpecOps, the mode really highlights some of the worst characteristics of the entire series. How do we make this challenging? Oh easy, just make every person take about 20 bullets to kill even if they are only wearing a t-shirt, add infinite respawns, instant deaths and limitless sight for all so that even if you are on the roof of a skyscraper a guy with a ak can hit hit you easily.

There are very few "coop" maps though, most only require the 2nd person because there are 4 thousand red dots to account for. Although, when they do break from those there are some really cool coop maps in there.

played 2 hours of MP, seemed like i got the same 5 maps.

I just played Downturn for the first time this morning. Seems like every-other-match I've gotten is Resistance, and I know there are a couple I've still yet to see in 4+ hours of playing.

[quote name='screwkick']I registered my Dew XP points on Wednesday, and they still haven't posted to my account?[/QUOTE]

I did mine tuesday morning and 19 hours went through then, then the last 5 hours were added in when I signed on yesterday.

[quote name='Soodmeg']A note for SpecOps, the mode really highlights some of the worst characteristics of the entire series. How do we make this challenging? Oh easy, just make every person take about 20 bullets to kill even if they are only wearing a t-shirt, add infinite respawns, instant deaths and limitless sight for all so that even if you are on the roof of a skyscraper a guy with a ak can hit hit you easily.[/QUOTE]
I can completely agree with you about the infinite respawns being annoying. Sure, the AI could use a drastic overhaul, there's no denying that. It looks like they just jacked up a few variables up in the gameplay and labeled it as a higher difficulty setting, but I don't know what they could have done beyond the AI issue to increase the sense of challenge.

On a different note, I really wish they'd allow you to disable aim assist in multiplayer. It drives me crazy when I'm firing at someone off in the distance and another enemy runs between us and my gun automatically gets pulled away from the guy I was originally aiming at.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']i was having a major problem with spotty hit detection and 'lag" (where the killcam doesnt show me fire when i fired half a clip, or when i make it around a corner, and the kill cam shows me die before i get to cover) just like i do in black ops. my brother told me i should disable theater recording in the options because he read it made it better (i dont know if he read that on here or somewhere else) but i tried it, and it made it a lot better. so for people having that problem, id recommend turning off the theater recording, if you dont care about saving clips[/QUOTE]The only confirmation I can find on this statement is through the Gamefaqs forums. Not sure if I'd call it a reputable source, but I'll give it a try and see if it actually does anything. Thanks.

[quote name='DestroVega']Elite site is STILL down, lol[/QUOTE]

I've been able to access it with some success, but it kicks me out from time to time. It is ridiculous that Activision didn't have Elite ready to go on day 1. This is the best selling game in the universe, for cryin' out loud. Elite looks like a good service, its just unfortunate it isn't totally working yet.

[quote name='Doomtime']I switched from regular to hardcore and I'm enjoying it alot more.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it helped me out a bit too. And Kill Confirmed helps out with campers a bit too.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']Yeah it helped me out a bit too. And Kill Confirmed helps out with campers a bit too.[/QUOTE]

so how quickly do you die in hardcore? one pistol shot to the foot?

[quote name='yahoosale14']so how quickly do you die in hardcore? one pistol shot to the foot?[/QUOTE]

:lol: There are still instances where stuff like that happens.

I used to play regular TDM or Domination all the time in previous CoDs, but I agree that something does feel a bit off when you empty a clip into someone on regular in this game. It reminds me of Halo.

I'm having a fair amount of fun with the MP but I seem to be having a brutally difficult amount of time learning the maps, and I really don't want to roam around in a private match discovering the maps. WIth all of the other CoD games it just came to me over the first few hours, but it feels like theres two maps I play eighty percent of the time and the rest are literally impossible to fully comprehend the tunnels and buildings and whatnot. It also feels like levelling up is really really slow in the MP compared to the last few games.

[quote name='Ma12kez']The only confirmation I can find on this statement is through the Gamefaqs forums. Not sure if I'd call it a reputable source, but I'll give it a try and see if it actually does anything. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

i asked my bro, he found out from people on reddit.

bread's done
Back