Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - July Elite DLC out now, Terminal free for everyone

[quote name='Pck21']The "after-holiday-noobs-who-don't-know-how-to-play-the-game-yet" is getting beyond annoying.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind, it seems like it's helping my abysmal K/D ratio. :lol:

[quote name='BingoBrown']I don't mind, it seems like it's helping my abysmal K/D ratio. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I hear ya... They are making up for all the times I have used the riot shield to piss teams/campers off.

I absolutely love the shield, but it just destroys your k/d if you use it trying to help your team.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I don't mind, it seems like it's helping my abysmal K/D ratio. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha maybe! I play team based games (domination, team defender, etc) and it's the equivalent of playing with a team of fish. Dead fish, really. Forget the objective, just go and kill, kill, kill! Then they wonder, aloud no doubt, why they didn't get the high score. Then they get butt hurt when people tell them they suck. But they were 24-10! How could they have the lowest score?!?!? The world doesn't make sense...

It's brutal lol. Most of the noobs run AWAY from the flag in domination. Honestly...what in the bloody fucking hell are you doing exactly? I sat and knifed a guy who was camping on team defender when the flag was on the other side of the map. I just kept doing it until he moved, then I waited for him to lay down once more, and I did it again. He got it after a while, but good lord man.

I understand that new people won't understand the game at first, I really do. But don't play team objective games! Play TDM! Better yet, play the campaign to get used to everything, then hop into a game with friends who can be a shoulder to cry on when my team obliterates your team.

So my family celebrated Christmas a few days late and I received MW3 yesterday from my Niece and Nephew. I managed to beat the Campaign on Veteran in a little over eight hours. Kind of a let down, it had to be the easiest Veteran Campaign of any Call of Duty game that I've played.

So I played Spec Ops survival with a buddy of mine this afternoon. We were having some connection issues, as we'd been booted out of our game to a lost connection several times.

Anyway, at one point after we'd been booted, I complained to my buddy how terrible he was playing, as I'd had to revive him several times and we had only gotten to Wave 9 at the time. He then told me that he wasn't downed at any point, and he'd had to revive me several times, even though I was never down either. Then, as we were discussing more what happened before we were booted due to a lost connection, we determined that we each were at opposite points on the map from where we each thought the other person was.

In short, this is absolutely insane. I've never had anything like this happen in any online game. We were playing survival co-op together, but yet it was like we were playing two different games, neither of us actually in the other person's version of the game.

I don't know if this is just some weird isolated incident, or if anyone else has ever experienced anything like this, but I'm just completely baffled by what I experienced.

[quote name='BingoBrown']So I played Spec Ops survival with a buddy of mine this afternoon. We were having some connection issues, as we'd been booted out of our game to a lost connection several times.

Anyway, at one point after we'd been booted, I complained to my buddy how terrible he was playing, as I'd had to revive him several times and we had only gotten to Wave 9 at the time. He then told me that he wasn't downed at any point, and he'd had to revive me several times, even though I was never down either. Then, as we were discussing more what happened before we were booted due to a lost connection, we determined that we each were at opposite points on the map from where we each thought the other person was.

In short, this is absolutely insane. I've never had anything like this happen in any online game. We were playing survival co-op together, but yet it was like we were playing two different games, neither of us actually in the other person's version of the game.

I don't know if this is just some weird isolated incident, or if anyone else has ever experienced anything like this, but I'm just completely baffled by what I experienced.[/QUOTE]

this exact thing happened to me and a friend. i first noticed something was off when the juggernaut wave hit and it showed he was down on my end but when i said ill be right there to revive you, he said what are you talking about? im not down. this continued for the rest of the match and it was exactly how you described, like playing two different matches. it was insane

[quote name='masterchief2291']this exact thing happened to me and a friend. i first noticed something was off when the juggernaut wave hit and it showed he was down on my end but when i said ill be right there to revive you, he said what are you talking about? im not down. this continued for the rest of the match and it was exactly how you described, like playing two different matches. it was insane[/QUOTE]

So I'm not totally crazy! Thanks, you're the only person who replied (I also posted the same comment on GAF, got no response).

At least we know it isn't an isolated incident. Were you experiencing any other connection problems when this happened? For instance, I had been disconnected from my friend several times before we noticed this problem. I'm wondering if it is a lag problem, and maybe if your Xbox loses connection with your friend's Xbox, the game simply assumes he's been downed or something? I don't know.

[quote name='BingoBrown']So I'm not totally crazy! Thanks, you're the only person who replied (I also posted the same comment on GAF, got no response).

At least we know it isn't an isolated incident. Were you experiencing any other connection problems when this happened? For instance, I had been disconnected from my friend several times before we noticed this problem. I'm wondering if it is a lag problem, and maybe if your Xbox loses connection with your friend's Xbox, the game simply assumes he's been downed or something? I don't know.[/QUOTE]

that sounds like a reasonable hypothesis. as far as connection problems go, i dont usually get any in mw3 but my friend says he gets some lag from time to time when we play but nothing like what happened in spec ops

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']I was also wondering about this. Hate playing with cannon-fodder randoms.[/QUOTE]

All right I am making one tonight, I left mine but it keeps saying that I am already in a clan, looks like it is just a little slow to catch up.

add me to whatever clan list you guys create. i hate playing objective with the k/d camper whores. i am the run and gunner type of player, but i go straight for the objective and keep on that shit!

Anyone have that "noob tuber" callsign? I've been using one of the assault rifles w/ the grenade launcher and got sever impact kills but have yet to recieve a callsign...any help?

[quote name='dennisb407']Anyone have that "noob tuber" callsign? I've been using one of the assault rifles w/ the grenade launcher and got sever impact kills but have yet to recieve a callsign...any help?[/QUOTE]

"Kill an enemy with a rifle-mounted grenade launcher without detonation. (Direct impact)"

Link here. #127 on the list.

UPDATE: Just did it with a Scar-L w/Grenade Launcher & focus. It's the Ouch Challenge and you get the longhaired alien w/bandana emblem and Noobtuber callsign.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ronzilla']"Kill an enemy with a rifle-mounted grenade launcher without detonation. (Direct impact)"

Link here. #127 on the list.[/QUOTE]

Yea, you posted what I said.

[quote name='dennisb407']Yea, you posted what I said.[/QUOTE]

What rifle did you use? I'll try using it tonight and see if I can get it. It might be a particular rifle. Have you tried different one to see if that works?

[quote name='ronzilla']what rifle did you use? I'll try using it tonight and see if i can get it. It might be a particular rifle. Have you tried different one to see if that works?[/quote]
cm901

[quote name='dennisb407']Anyone have that "noob tuber" callsign? I've been using one of the assault rifles w/ the grenade launcher and got sever impact kills but have yet to recieve a callsign...any help?[/QUOTE]

The noob tube callsign and emblem unlocks from completing the Humiliation Challenge to get a direct impact noob tube kill, not JUST getting a direct impact kill with a noob tube. The challenge is unlocked after level 50, so i think you need to be at least level 50 to unlock that callsign. This would explain why the XM25 guy in the video got it, since it's unlocked at lvl 52.

[quote name='MrPiggles']The noob tube callsign and emblem unlocks from completing the Humiliation Challenge to get a direct impact noob tube kill, not JUST getting a direct impact kill with a noob tube. The challenge is unlocked after level 50, so i think you need to be at least level 50 to unlock that callsign. This would explain why the XM25 guy in the video got it, since it's unlocked at lvl 52.[/QUOTE]

Good call. I just got it but I'm at Level 80 Prestige 1.:applause:

It's weird how there's a few challenges you can complete before they're unlocked but most you can't.

I'm missing a few game winning killcam titles/emblems because of this.

I keep telling myself not to prestige right away to get some of the high level ones. Then I roll it over as soon as it opens up. I'll get them when I hit 10th prestige. 4 down, 7 to go.

Been using support tier streaks lately over assault streaks because Recon Drone is basically double XP in this game.

[In TDM anyways,] 350 XP for calling it in, 100 XP for each enemy marked (which is equivalent to a kill), 20 XP for an assist when a teammate kills the marked enemy.

Depending on how good my teammates are, I get anywhere from 8-12+ marks each time I use it, plus the assist XP; which is more XP than I usually get from using the Assault killstreaks.

TL;DR: As for as the Recon Drone goes, you'll eventually get more XP for tagging an enemy than actually killing them through other means.

[quote name='MrPiggles']The noob tube callsign and emblem unlocks from completing the Humiliation Challenge to get a direct impact noob tube kill, not JUST getting a direct impact kill with a noob tube. The challenge is unlocked after level 50, so i think you need to be at least level 50 to unlock that callsign. This would explain why the XM25 guy in the video got it, since it's unlocked at lvl 52.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ronzilla']Good call. I just got it but I'm at Level 80 Prestige 1.:applause:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help, Im lvl 48 prest. 3 so I'll try it soon

[quote name='Ziv']It's weird how there's a few challenges you can complete before they're unlocked but most you can't.

I'm missing a few game winning killcam titles/emblems because of this.

I keep telling myself not to prestige right away to get some of the high level ones. Then I roll it over as soon as it opens up. I'll get them when I hit 10th prestige. 4 down, 7 to go.[/QUOTE]

Before I went into my 3rd prestige I took care of my smoke grenade challenges...it was hard as hell to get the kills, but finally ended up doing it after some time.

I was doing my jack in the box challenge but forgot I was doing it before I prestiged lol

Yeah I am not going to worry about getting specific Titles and Emblems until I am 10th Prestige. I am forth now, but I do want to get some people into this CAG clan I made so that we can all get the Clan Titles and such together. Plus, when your clan gets to level 50, you get 12 hours of double XP.

[quote name='moojuice']Been using support tier streaks lately over assault streaks because Recon Drone is basically double XP in this game.[/QUOTE]I've been taking the exact same approach. When I first used the drone I thought there was a glitch or something... there was no way that it should be giving out so much experience. Plus you only have to target an enemy for a fraction of a second to get a lock-on. 50XP per tag seems a lot more reasonable. There was a game on Dome yesterday where I ended up getting 29 assists from it.

I was thinking that the drone + Hardline pro would offer up an almost infinite loop, but when I tried it the assists from it didn't seem to count towards the following killstreaks.

[quote name='Thrinn']
I was thinking that the drone + Hardline pro would offer up an almost infinite loop, but when I tried it the assists from it didn't seem to count towards the following killstreaks.[/QUOTE]

that would be WAAAAAAY too OP

[quote name='theredworm']that would be WAAAAAAY too OP[/QUOTE]

Agree with you on that on. As it is now, it's already way too overpowered.

[quote name='MrPiggles']Finally, only like 2 months late. Does anybody know if a premium ELITE membership gets you anything extra on the app?[/QUOTE]

I don't see anything yet, hopefully they'll put elite tv on there soon.

...And its not compatible with older iphones/ipod touches. Stupid. It doesn't need to have any fancy effects. Just make it work simply.

Looks like I'll be waiting for the Android version.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']My dear god why does Elite suck so bad. I still want my Android app. Or just the ability to invite people to my clan without getting error messages.[/QUOTE]

droid app is next week

So, that glowing "XP" symbol . . . I just realized that I have Double XP (for about one hour and forty minutes). I still have my Prestige tokens and haven't inputted any codes. Perhaps it's related to the iOS app? Weird.

[quote name='Chase']So, that glowing "XP" symbol . . . I just realized that I have Double XP (for about one hour and forty minutes). I still have my Prestige tokens and haven't inputted any codes. Perhaps it's related to the iOS app? Weird.[/QUOTE]

It is. I downloaded the app and got 2 hours of Double XP.

That's weird. I downloaded the app & did not get Double XP. I even updated my classes through the app.

Just waiting on the iPad version now...

[quote name='Chase']So, that glowing "XP" symbol . . . I just realized that I have Double XP (for about one hour and forty minutes). I still have my Prestige tokens and haven't inputted any codes. Perhaps it's related to the iOS app? Weird.[/QUOTE]

are you sure it's from the app? I use the app often and haven't seen 2xp show up lately, last 2xp I had was when they gave 2 hours of 2xp and a prestige token from christmas for paid elite users

So there's a new "gamebreaking" glitch out right now. Lets you choose any proficiency for any primary gun. A lot of people are running Type 95 or ACR with Damage and its just ridiculous (had to go back to MW and WAW cause I couldnt take it anymore). Unlike the prestige token glitch, I'm guessing this one might get people permabanned.

[quote name='TheRock88']So there's a new "gamebreaking" glitch out right now. Lets you choose any proficiency for any primary gun. A lot of people are running Type 95 or ACR with Damage and its just ridiculous (had to go back to MW and WAW cause I couldnt take it anymore). Unlike the prestige token glitch, I'm guessing this one might get people permabanned.[/QUOTE]

Have yet to notice it yet. I hope I don't run into it. Is there any way to tell if people are using it?

[quote name='TheRock88']In Killcam, look for the proficiency and see if its weird (like damage on an ACR or Type 95, speed on a SMG, etc).[/QUOTE]

Cool I will watch out for it and report people. Thanks for the heads up.

So what clan are all the cags joining? There was a CAG Unite clan but only 2 people joined. Are you having better luck with your clan Bigandy? Or are people just not joining clans?

[quote name='kklems']So what clan are all the cags joining? There was a CAG Unite clan but only 2 people joined. Are you having better luck with your clan Bigandy? Or are people just not joining clans?[/QUOTE]

it is still just me last time I looked. It gives me an error code every few invites I try to send. I will try again tonight.

on another note, has anyone seen the android app releasedate yet?

[quote name='Trakan']He had Final Stand invulnerability. It sucks, but it makes sense.[/QUOTE]
I got a hitmarker, thought final stand invincibility doesn't give off hitmarkers?

[quote name='moojuice']I got a hitmarker, thought final stand invincibility doesn't give off hitmarkers?[/QUOTE]

It does, as far as I know. That's why it feels like you shoot someone and get ten hitmarkers, yet he doesn't die.

bread's done
Back