Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

Nazi Zombie mode is certainly cool and well worth playing the whole single player all the way through.

I thought the single player was a little weak, but you get the Zombie reward for doing it and it's also a great way to see some of the advanced weapons for later use in multiplayer.

0 - point achievements related to Prestige level. First one at Prestige 1, second one at Prestige 10 or something

So, I couldn't play CoD:WaW at my house considering the 360 I bought on eBay has unplayable disc error, but I ended up temporary fixing it with a video on Youtube. First thing I did was play online. Oh my god, I fucking tore up shit my very last game on the Map Dome in the Boot Camp TD mode.

37 Kills
5 Deaths
3 Dogs
3 Airstrikes
3 Recon Planes

Best game ever for me, my last dog I pulled when we were at 740, so it didn't really mean much. But damn, woo!

Congrats Chrono! I find that I love Dome but always get crazy killed due to the helter skelterness of the level!! Did you have a "technique" to this win or did you just run around or camp and snipe the run arounds? ;)

And zombie mode rocks!! The green shooting 'ray gun' (not kidding, a REAL ray gun!) was AMAZING! I think I spent 3 or 4 rounds non-stop opening the mystery box trying to get it!! :D Besides the ray gun, I thought the shotgun was a necessity for this version of game ... and if I could have ever gotten it, I really wanted the flame thrower! :D

Played Nazi Zombie Mode last night. It was amazing. We lasted for 27 waves. Once we hit 28 we got really Messed up cause we just didn't have enough money for a Ray gun and a Browning. I think it last for about 2 hours. Our plan was fool proof, until it takes ten shots with a ray gun to the zombies to kill them. :(

I just went around in a circle killing. Can't wait to play campaign! I like the Boot Camp idea where it's limited to level 1-8, but there isn't anything inbetween that and Veteran. Did anyone confirm if Zombie Mode is 4 player offline co-op?

Yeah, zombie mode was pretty fun. The ray gun seems out of place, but maybe that's an easter egg kind of hint toward the next COD game being future combat?

And yes Chrono you can really put a hurting on people in the boot camp. They don't kick you out once you hit level 8, so I just kind of hung around until like 13 or so and just mopped the floor with everyone.

So I finally got to play Resistance 2 with my bro, and to our surprise there is no split screen campaign mode like the first game. I'm gonna return it.

This is what I'm looking for. The game Resistance 1 had 2-player split screen offline campaign mode. Does Call of Duty:WaW have that?

I got the chance to play Campaign on Insane. I'm at the part where you have the flamethrower and you have to burn the mortar pits and bunkers (the mission is Burn Em Out) -- I think I'm at least 2-3 hours in. I think I'm pretty much officially stuck. At the very last mortar pit/bunker, there's these whole row of guys that are above the trench and shooting at you (not snipers, they're just behind this log). The guy tells you to pop a smoke, but I already used it at the last checkpoint. You can't flamethrower the guys on top of the trench because the flamethrower doesn't reach that far. You can't shoot them because they just respawn. I played that checkpoint part at least 15 times. One time I got close, I was in the middle flamethrowering them but then got shot down.

Tips anyone who got to Burn Em' Out?

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I just went around in a circle killing. Can't wait to play campaign! I like the Boot Camp idea where it's limited to level 1-8, but there isn't anything inbetween that and Veteran. Did anyone confirm if Zombie Mode is 4 player offline co-op?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what the deal is with "Boot Camp". I played multiplayer the night after the game was released and saw people who were level 17, even one level 20-something, in boot camp. But I was automatically booted from the playlist from the postgame lobby immediately following the game in which I leveled up to 8. Maybe they just have to fill in some slots with solo Team Deathmatch players at times since there is only a small selection of players eligible for the BC playlist.

As for zombie mode, I believe it is only available for 2 player co-op split screen, as is the campaign itself. For 3 or 4players, you must play on Live.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm not sure what the deal is with "Boot Camp". I played multiplayer the night after the game was released and saw people who were level 17, even one level 20-something, in boot camp. But I was automatically booted from the playlist from the postgame lobby immediately following the game in which I leveled up to 8. Maybe they just have to fill in some slots with solo Team Deathmatch players at times since there is only a small selection of players eligible for the BC playlist.

As for zombie mode, I believe it is only available for 2 player co-op split screen, as is the campaign itself. For 3 or 4players, you must play on Live.[/quote]

Aw, shucks. That'd be pretty sweet if it was 4-player offline. I also forgot to say something and it slipped my mind on my earlier post. I was playing campaign, and I was using the bazooka. There was this enemy that rushed me, so I fired, point blank, and it cut off his legs. So, he's on the ground with no legs, and he's still moving, he was crawling! Best mini-animation ever. I know Treyarch did some cheap developer moves like throw in the random nades (they don't bother me that much actually), but the COD4 engine helps pull the game through. As another example, whenever you first start out and 5 minutes in when you have to save *******, the heat from the flames in the burning hut intereferes with your vision. I thought that was pretty cool. Really, the COD4 engine makes this game shine so much. I'm really loving the campaign. Granted, I have to re-play the level 5000 times because enemies shoot me from nowhere because it's total bullshit, but the scenes are awesome. It's kind of unoriginal how every character that gets introduced is like a torture scene, but it's still pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chronotrigga']I got the chance to play Campaign on Insane. I'm at the part where you have the flamethrower and you have to burn the mortar pits and bunkers (the mission is Burn Em Out) -- I think I'm at least 2-3 hours in. I think I'm pretty much officially stuck. At the very last mortar pit/bunker, there's these whole row of guys that are above the trench and shooting at you (not snipers, they're just behind this log). The guy tells you to pop a smoke, but I already used it at the last checkpoint. You can't flamethrower the guys on top of the trench because the flamethrower doesn't reach that far. You can't shoot them because they just respawn. I played that checkpoint part at least 15 times. One time I got close, I was in the middle flamethrowering them but then got shot down.

Tips anyone who got to Burn Em' Out?[/quote]

Smoke grenades, thats the only way I could get through it. You have to throw smokes and then run up to force your team up, then run back so that you aren't killed immediately.

I linked my account. But at the top it says, Print, Email to friend, Stat FAQ, and RSS Feed. But for whatever reason i cant click on them. Damn i cant believe my accuracy is 16%....good lord that is horrible.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I linked my account. But at the top it says, Print, Email to friend, Stat FAQ, and RSS Feed. But for whatever reason i cant click on them. Damn i cant believe my accuracy is 16%....good lord that is horrible.[/quote]

That's average. Nobody on my friend's list in COD4 was above 22%.

[quote name='Trakan']That's average. Nobody on my friend's list in COD4 was above 22%.[/QUOTE]

well then the majority of the people on your friends list had some bad aim. i had about 5 people around 25%, 2 of them being my accounts. i also use every weapon, so it isn't like i limit myself to non-spray weapons.

i haven't linked my account on this game yet, but i have a feeling my accuracy will not be as good as CoD 4 since i tend to hip fire more often due to enemies respawning behind me.

edit: just linked my account and my accuracy is much higher than i thought it would be. i don't think 23% is too bad considering how little i use sights in comparison to the amount i did on CoD 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zewone']Who cares about accuracy, get some kills, niccccccccccccca.[/QUOTE]

i easily had plenty of kills on CoD 4, i am not as thrilled with this game as that one since it feels the same as that. the thing that kept me playing that game was that it was something new and fresh for a shooter, this game is not, so i won't have a ton of kills since i play online maybe 2-3 times a week for this game. between my 2 accounts i had 120,000+ kills with both of my account having over 2 k/d ratios.

[quote name='mike.m']Smoke grenades, thats the only way I could get through it. You have to throw smokes and then run up to force your team up, then run back so that you aren't killed immediately.[/quote]

Alright. I think I have to restart the level again, I'm pretty sure I only spawned with like 1 or 2. Doh. Can you pick up any smoke grenades?

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Alright. I think I have to restart the level again, I'm pretty sure I only spawned with like 1 or 2. Doh. Can you pick up any smoke grenades?[/quote]

Yes. I don't know exactly where other than if you get to the last part where you have to clear a tunnel of death, there's a side tunnel on the left that has 3 guys in it. There's ammo and some smokes in there. Its a checkpoint. Just make sure to check each side tunnel at each mortar pit. This level is VERY frustrating. It goes okay for the next few levels. Especially the tank which is a nice breather from the difficulty.

Im really missing some of the COD4 guns and maps. The maps in CODwaw are good, but too crowded for some. Especially with the maps filled with houses. In COD4 maps i had my little spots i loved to get to. Seems like CODwaw there are less nice spots to get to, its more about random moving and shooting. Im not sure there are any maps i look forward to playing in like i did in COD4. Most maps seem either too big or too small.

I miss the reward to put a pattern on your gun. I know why its not in CODwaw, but it was something to look forward to unlocking. I still havent unlocked flame thrower or tree climber perk. I havent seen anyone using them either. I hope they are worth working your way up to, and many people havent used it because they didnt reach level 65 yet.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Im really missing some of the COD4 guns and maps. The maps in CODwaw are good, but too crowded for some. Especially with the maps filled with houses. In COD4 maps i had my little spots i loved to get to. Seems like CODwaw there are less nice spots to get to, its more about random moving and shooting. Im not sure there are any maps i look forward to playing in like i did in COD4. Most maps seem either too big or too small.

I miss the reward to put a pattern on your gun. I know why its not in CODwaw, but it was something to look forward to unlocking. I still havent unlocked flame thrower or tree climber perk. I havent seen anyone using them either. I hope they are worth working your way up to, and many people havent used it because they didnt reach level 65 yet.[/quote]

Tree climbing perk? Was that on that list of leaked perks or something? That's not in the game.

Hmmmm, yeah i heard Tree Climber, Walk faster in water, Pretend you are dead perks were in the game. Maybe they took them out, or you unlock them at a certain prestige? I was really looking forward to climbing trees in this game.

Tree climbing perk?

What...en.....da....hell....are you talking about?

Anyway I agree with you a little, I cant get into this game at all. I will agree that this game has excellent weapon balancing....so much so that I find 90% of the weapons boring as hell and distinguishable from one and other. Other than slight bullet rate increases and reload times all of them feel the exact same.

Now that I have all the cheesemints for single player I will really focus on the MP and see if my opinion changes.

i heard about the tree climbing perk too, but i havent seen it. although in the beta i played against a few guys who would get into trees but i dont know if they used a perk.

there is no tree climbing perk or play dead perk or frogman perk. These all must have been fake perks becuase they are nowhere to be found in the game. I do miss the camo guns as well. This game has some things working for it and is missing some things cod4 had, but overall its fun and I will be playing it a lot!

Damn the Thompson is the most inaccurate POS I have ever used. After the first 5 shots the thing is up by the skyline.

[quote name='crave132']there is no tree climbing perk or play dead perk or frogman perk. These all must have been fake perks becuase they are nowhere to be found in the game. I do miss the camo guns as well. This game has some things working for it and is missing some things cod4 had, but overall its fun and I will be playing it a lot![/quote]

I dunno if that sucks, or thats good. I was really looking forward the using them, but they might have been too cheap for MP.

Today was such a good day. All I need now is to pre-order L4D later today as well as trade in some left over HWV games.

If I get my girl to ____ ___ put in ___ to the right of ____ ___ I would be all set.

Headquarters if you want to level up fast, but that's just me. S&D is pretty good too, but obviously you have to get kills. The only game mode I've been playing was Free For All. Buffing up my killrate before I go play some other stuff.

By the way, I found out on the Burn Em' Out level, that there are smoke grenades in the bunkers. Wow. So I completed that level by throwing mad smoke :D.

Why does shooting someone in the neck have a the same damage .X as hitting someone in the hip? Thats lame as hell.

I am surprised by some how of the damges though.

Figured out the web stats. Worked the first time too. Make sure you're using capital letters and type the dashes.

It's actually pretty detailed. Not Halo detailed, but still more than I was expecting. I was completely surprised to see I have a 24% overall accuracy. I think I was around 18% in COD4, so that's a big improvement. I mostly use the rifles and have been dabbling in the bolt actions, so I guess that makes sense.

I really really dislike how many tanks are in this game. Some maps you cant go 4 ft without tripping over a tank.

1-2 per level is fine but 4 or 5? That just to much.

lol, 0% accuracy on my 9 frag kills. I haven't played any maps on multiplayer that have Tanks, even Roundhouse. My playtime is 2 hours and 47 minutes, and apparently I always get the same ones like Asylum, Dome, Courtyard, and Castle. It's always those four. :S

[quote name='Soodmeg']I really really dislike how many tanks are in this game. Some maps you cant go 4 ft without tripping over a tank.

1-2 per level is fine but 4 or 5? That just to much.[/quote]

Especially when the same team ganks them all. :bomb:

Sometimes i wish the game would allow double KO. I swear sometimes i shoot a guy with a sniper or shotty right when he shoots, if im a split second late he ends up fine and dandy. Even though i was pointing right at him and shot before i died.

I am playing offline 2-player split screen campaign mode, how do you save it? I'm on the third mission. If I quit when I play again I have to play through the first levels again.

Any help.

[quote name='D_Icon']I am playing offline 2-player split screen campaign mode, how do you save it? I'm on the third mission. If I quit when I play again I have to play through the first levels again.

Any help.[/quote]

If you can't save & quit I'm assuming you can't save?

[quote name='Chronotrigga']lol, 0% accuracy on my 9 frag kills. I haven't played any maps on multiplayer that have Tanks, even Roundhouse. My playtime is 2 hours and 47 minutes, and apparently I always get the same ones like Asylum, Dome, Courtyard, and Castle. It's always those four. :S[/quote]

What type of games are you playing, it does depend on that

I got 1000 on this last night, Veteran is probably the worst I've played out of all of them. Jesus Treyarch blew that one. Dumb as bricks AI and horrific grenade spamming, worse than COD4 even. I don't know why I subject myself to this torture. I will do the next COD no doubt. It is like a test to see if I still have the patience (no skill involved with Veteran) for gaming, yet.

[quote name='nnthomas']I got 1000 on this last night, Veteran is probably the worst I've played out of all of them. Jesus Treyarch blew that one. Dumb as bricks AI and horrific grenade spamming, worse than COD4 even. I don't know why I subject myself to this torture. I will do the next COD no doubt. It is like a test to see if I still have the patience (no skill involved with Veteran) for gaming, yet.[/quote]

There is no way you could have gotten 1000 on this. You would have had to prestige 10 times within a week to get all the cheesemints.

Yeah I beat vet about 3 days ago and it is one of the worst I have seen. I have a new found hatred for grenades.

bread's done
Back