Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I've seen so many different thrread that the forum is getting messy. Since we have an official trading thread, maybe we can have an official one for questions too, because after all, this is the Canadian HOT DEALS forum! It's not right when we have more questions than deals. You can ask any question you wan there, ranging from the cheapest 360, HDTVGame delays, Canadian game rental sites all the way to where the cheapest copy of Burnout is. I can assure you that you will get the same amout of replies here, if not more!

POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

This might be out of nowhere but I'm looking to get a new TV....

I am not sure what contrasts ratio is. Meaning, I know what contrast is but which ratio is better... Higher:1 or lower:1. IE: is 1000:1 or 10000:1 better?

Also, I plan to use a Coax cable for my TV cable input and I heard a specific tuner is good.
What is an ATSC tuner compeaed to NTSC.

Any help would be great thanks.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']my dad sent away for the same deal and still hasn't received his, either. i don't know if there's much else that can be done except wait, unless there's some contact info on the blraysavings.com site.

my guess is that it's still severely backed up from the glut of people who bought PS3's for the holidays, and likely will continue to be that way for a while.[/quote]

Oddly enough, both a friend and I got ours yesterday afternoon. We live in the same city, but I sent the promo in a few weeks earlier. They were out of stock of one of his movies, so he got a replacement, I had two out of stock, and ended up with The Devil's Rejects and The Last Waltz. I'm definitely not impressed with the replacements.

Thanks.

[quote name='Zeitgeist']This might be out of nowhere but I'm looking to get a new TV....

I am not sure what contrasts ratio is. Meaning, I know what contrast is but which ratio is better... Higher:1 or lower:1. IE: is 1000:1 or 10000:1 better?

Also, I plan to use a Coax cable for my TV cable input and I heard a specific tuner is good.
What is an ATSC tuner compeaed to NTSC.

Any help would be great thanks.[/quote]

Higher:1 is better, can't remember exactly why. I don't know about the tuner thing.

Aaron.

[quote name='Zeitgeist']I know what contrast is but which ratio is better...

What is an ATSC tuner compeaed to NTSC.[/QUOTE]

All things being equal, higher is better, but don't buy based only on that. Manufacturers have a way of making it sound higher than it really is. Don't base too much of your purchase on contrast ratio.
NTSC is a dead standard, and neither is important unless you plan to use an antenna for over the air channels.

Just over a month and a half ago I bought Halo 3 from blockbuster PPV. I haven't bothered to try it until now and I found out that it is the bonus disc for the limited edition not the game itself. I thought I would check here to see if anyone had any suggestions on what I could do?
Thanks

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']Just over a month and a half ago I bought Halo 3 from blockbuster PPV. I haven't bothered to try it until now and I found out that it is the bonus disc for the limited edition not the game itself. I thought I would check here to see if anyone had any suggestions on what I could do?
Thanks[/quote]

This is obvious. Go back and ask them to do a stock count. They'll see that the have an extra disk...and believe what u say.

Can anyone recommend me a good brand of rechargeable battery for the Wiimotes? I was wondering if it was worth it to just buy something made by a 3rd party company like Intec, or if it were better to just buy good Ni-MH batteries.

Thanks.

[quote name='gamer602']This is obvious. Go back and ask them to do a stock count. They'll see that the have an extra disk...and believe what u say.[/QUOTE]
My thought on my happened is someone trading in this disc and they accepted it because you can't really tell it's the bonus disc unless you know what to look for so the stock would be correct.

[quote name='bullets898']Can anyone recommend me a good brand of rechargeable battery for the Wiimotes? I was wondering if it was worth it to just buy something made by a 3rd party company like Intec, or if it were better to just buy good Ni-MH batteries.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'd go with the Ni-MHs... more versatile and probably cheaper and better. Eneloops are good: Dell.ca has sales on them sometimes.

[quote name='bullets898']Can anyone recommend me a good brand of rechargeable battery for the Wiimotes? I was wondering if it was worth it to just buy something made by a 3rd party company like Intec, or if it were better to just buy good Ni-MH batteries.

Thanks.[/quote]

I have a 15 minute Energizer recharger and use it for my wireless Mac keyboard and mouse, Wiimotes, and stock GBA for playing on the GBplayer. It has since replayed my 3 year old Rayovac recharger and batteries and it performs much better.

But to answer your question, it'll be preferable to get a good brand of Ni-MH battery and recharger, whether it be Duracell, Rayovac (a newer one than my old gold batteries) or Energizer than rechargable battery packs where you don't know what kind of batteries are in them. I would suggest a 15 minute charger cause they can be found on sale and they are worth it. That way, you can use them for your Wiimotes, 360 controllers and other AA contraptions.

While a 4 pack of Energizer 2500whatever charged batteries can cost you 20 bucks, that's considering the life they have in them (so as long as you don't lose them).

Though if you want Eneloops, which from what I heard gets nothing but praise, The Source had them on sale some time ago, though this is useless information since that sale is long passed. "/

The Source has a sale on Eneloops right now:

- 4 pack AA rechargeable batteries for $11.99
- 4 pack AAA rechargeable batteries for $11.99

Picked up a pack each for myself.

I wish I could help, but I don't even know what that is :)

But I'm wondering if anyone has seen deals on Warhammer 40K: Squad Command for the PSP...

Time for a strange q.

Anyone have a scan of the PSP Disgaea box and inside of box. (not the manual thats too much work)

I bought it used (disc only) then bought a HMV cheap horror movie tossed it out would like to print off the Sleeve and throw it in.

[quote name='Lockescythe']Time for a strange q.

Anyone have a scan of the PSP Disgaea box and inside of box. (not the manual thats too much work)

I bought it used (disc only) then bought a HMV cheap horror movie tossed it out would like to print off the Sleeve and throw it in.[/quote]

Does this help?

[quote name='Ramman77']The Source has a sale on Eneloops right now:

- 4 pack AA rechargeable batteries for $11.99
- 4 pack AAA rechargeable batteries for $11.99

Picked up a pack each for myself.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the charger with 2 AA and the 2pack for $7.50.

Do these last longer than the xbox 360 play&charge kit?

The big deal with eneloops is that they don't drain. NiMH, and NiCad batteries will lose 70% of their power just sitting without use over about a month. Lithium does not drain, but has trouble putting out the amps that NiMH and NiCad can, though it does drain much slower than NiMH, and is much lighter. Eneloops take almost a year to lose 70% of power while idle. Eneloops don't currently have the capacity of NiMH batteries either, though they are close enough most people still prefer them.

I would home that MS was smart enough to use Lithium in the P&CK. Chances are you are using your controller enough that eneloops wouldn't make a difference. When they are nice, is in a camera. Ever put fresh rechargeables in your camera, take two pics. Then a month later go to use it, and it is almost dead? Eneloops solve this. But with new batts, and continuos shooting, good NiMH's will outlast Eneloops.

I can't remember the generic name for the tech Eneloops use, but there are non-sanyo brands out now that use the same tech, but they are $$$ too, and I can't recall their names right now.

TIP: Investing in a good smart charger, will with most types of batteries. My rechargables last twice as long now since I stopped using the free junk chargers that come with batteries. Free chargers usually charge until a timer goes off. Good chargers can do refresh (drain/charge) cycles, and charge until a certain voltage is reached (this prevents burning out battery). They can also do 'top-up' charge cycles to keep batteries full while they sit in charger.

~S

Can anyone recommend a place to buy Wii component cables? I checked monoprice, dealextreme, and ledshoppe, and they all have ones for under $10.00. Thanks.

[quote name='Zowsky']Where's the cheapest place to find Transformers on HD DVD?[/quote]

It's rumoured that Futureshop/Best Buy will clear out HD-DVDs at 75% off at the end of this month.

Anyone know of any deals copy for Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen & The Tower Of Mirrors or Dragon Ball Z: Bugokai Tenkaichi (both for the wii)?

I don't have a block buster membership so doing that trade 4 games for any new games is out of the question (don't want to start a membership and no idea how the system works...), and eb game's trade 3 for 1 new game only applies to certain games... ._. I wonder if it depends on the sale associate for the trade 3 promo at eb games, if so I can always try my luck...

[quote name='mrelusive']Best price on Sins of a Solar Empire?[/quote]

I have a question for you.. the sig... how'd you do it? :D

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could find Guitar Hero 2 bundle for Xbox 360 or a standalone Xplorer guitar. Like 3 weeks ago at Best Buy they had piles of both now i can't find either anywhere.
btw I'm in Calgary.

[quote name='121212']Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could find Guitar Hero 2 bundle for Xbox 360 or a standalone Xplorer guitar. Like 3 weeks ago at Best Buy they had piles of both now i can't find either anywhere.
btw I'm in Calgary.[/quote]

Try BBV, RV, HMV.

[quote name='Winnopeg']Microsoft is officially unloading the Xbox 360 HD DVD add-on for $50 in the US, are there any Canadian retailers that have adapted the new price yet?[/QUOTE]
Not that I've found as of yet. I can't wait to pick one of these up at dirt cheap prices though.

[quote name='GuardianFlash']Transformers is only on HD DVD for HD. It's amazing, worth owning.[/quote]am i the only one who thought the transformers movie was disappointing (as a transformers movie at least, good action flick though)

[quote name='maigoyume']am i the only one who thought the transformers movie was disappointing (as a transformers movie at least, good action flick though)[/quote]Nope, you're certainly not alone. Good action flick (even if I have no clue WTF is going on most of the time due to the camera angles), but a terrible Transformers movie.

[quote name='mrelusive']Nope, you're certainly not alone. Good action flick (even if I have no clue WTF is going on most of the time due to the camera angles), but a terrible Transformers movie.[/quote]the "black" autobot died first too ;) i think his name was Jazz

[quote name='maigoyume']am i the only one who thought the transformers movie was disappointing (as a transformers movie at least, good action flick though)[/quote]

I decided to go see it in theatres after hearing everyone praising the hell out of it, and I was really disappointed. I know that it's a pretty good action movie...but I just didn't like it at all.

During BB preferred customers sale, they're on sale with microsoft points too.

Any1 got any idea if Ebgames will ever do some trade-ins deal for console anytime soon? Got a bunch of games lying around that i would like to get rid of for a Wii or Ps3.

bread's done
Back