Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I've seen so many different thrread that the forum is getting messy. Since we have an official trading thread, maybe we can have an official one for questions too, because after all, this is the Canadian HOT DEALS forum! It's not right when we have more questions than deals. You can ask any question you wan there, ranging from the cheapest 360, HDTVGame delays, Canadian game rental sites all the way to where the cheapest copy of Burnout is. I can assure you that you will get the same amout of replies here, if not more!

POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

[quote name='chrisryans']Does anyone know if Persona 3 FES is in the system at EB? I need to preorder this game ASAP.[/quote]

Release date is April, there's lots of time.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Anybody know if FS/BB/Anywhere is going to have a clearance on HD DVD this coming week?[/quote]

Nothing on RFD, so probably no.

Is it hard to come by used copies of Tales of Symphonia in EBgames or somewhere? I've only been periodically checking at the EBgames near my house.

I'm trying to avoid the over the top prices (plus the ridiculous shipping price people seem to charge) on Ebay.

[quote name='frozzted']Is it hard to come by used copies of Tales of Symphonia in EBgames or somewhere? I've only been periodically checking at the EBgames near my house.

I'm trying to avoid the over the top prices (plus the ridiculous shipping price people seem to charge) on Ebay.[/quote]

It's rare but not that rare: a lot of people just dump their entire Gamecube collection there, so if you get lucky you can find a bunch of mint games for sale. It's not Pikmin 2/Skies of Arcadia/Ikaruga/RE2 rare, mostly due to the fact that it's a Player's Choice title.

Try craigslist/kijiji: EB sells it for $17.99+tax (less with Edge), so $20 isn't that unreasonable.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Anybody know if FS/BB/Anywhere is going to have a clearance on HD DVD this coming week?[/quote]

Deepdiscount DVD is clearing out HDDVDs if all else fails. It's on the front page as well. :p

[quote name='frozzted']Is it hard to come by used copies of Tales of Symphonia in EBgames or somewhere? I've only been periodically checking at the EBgames near my house.

I'm trying to avoid the over the top prices (plus the ridiculous shipping price people seem to charge) on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

Did you have a Microplay near you? They usually have older games sitting on their shelves.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Did you have a Microplay near you? They usually have older games sitting on their shelves.[/quote]

Strangely enough, there are no Microplay locations in Calgary or even in Alberta. The closest one is in Prince Albert, SK. Which is 610 km away. :lol:

I think my best bet is to just call various EB's, or keep watch on craigslist/kijiji or Ebay and see if I can get lucky on a decent price with a decent shipping price.

Thanks for the suggestions Lone Prodigy and Princecess Zelda. :)

Hi, just curious if anyone had an up to date list for Ebgames trade in 3 promotion
and could help me out. I would appreciate it greatly, ;)

I have a question...I seem to remember reading somewhere that EB was supposed to have $10 PS2 games this past week ending this Sunday, but I honestly don't know where I read that. Did my mind make this up (wouldn't be the first time lol), or did this actually happen? Everytime I called EB no one picked up, so I couldn't ask them.

I was wondering if anyone in the Scarborough - Downtown Toronto area (Scarborough would be best) has seen the game Romance of the Three Kingdoms X or XI.

Its a PS2 title and Im pretty sure its a bit hard to find now. I would really love it if I can find this game, so any help would be awesome.

Anyone know where I can get a cheap wireless Gamecube controller? I need one for my Wii since it's not close to where I sit when I play games, and I have some Gamecube games that need playing.

I could go to Wal-Mart and get the Platinum Gamecube system with Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door bundled for $70 and use that controller, but I don't need a GC.

[quote name='eday_2010']Anyone know where I can get a cheap wireless Gamecube controller? I need one for my Wii since it's not close to where I sit when I play games, and I have some Gamecube games that need playing.

I could go to Wal-Mart and get the Platinum Gamecube system with Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door bundled for $70 and use that controller, but I don't need a GC.[/quote]

I have one used Wavebird that I don't use anymore. Do you want it?

Anyone know when I can start preordering shin megami tensei persona 3 fes (expansion of the original) at eb games?

I've seen people preorder it on gamefaq but the two eb games I've been to don't seem to have it in their system yet :S I want to spend my trade in credits and avoid the shipping cost, but if they don't list it I'll probably just preorder it on net :S

The game comes out april.22, anyone know when eb generally have these games in their system for preorder?

Thanks
Faytz

It might be under a weird name.
Persona 3
Shin Megami Tensei
Fes

Yeah. I couldn't pre-order Apollo Justice because the name in the system was different and got screwed for a week.

[quote name='Firestorm']It might be under a weird name.
Persona 3
Shin Megami Tensei
Fes

Yeah. I couldn't pre-order Apollo Justice because the name in the system was different and got screwed for a week.[/quote]

I should probably just give them a paper with the name written down or show them on the laptop.... the store employee's didn't even know they are releasing the expansion telling me persona 3 is already released....

the people on the net are saying tell them to enter shin megami tensei...

the first time I told them to enter persona 3 fes, nothing, then I think they enter smt but didn't work, today at richmond the girl played the game so I told her to enter the full name and she told me it's not in their database :S

It sucks standing in front of the counter not knowing what they're typing into their computers to check.... but it is a little bit odd since I already mentioned the release date (hoping they can look it up through that).....

Right now I'm kind of desperate :p I want the game preordered ._.

I was walking along Dundas St W in Toronto, probably just a little past Dufferin, and I came across this really, REALLY awesome game store. Prices were a little outrageous but they had so much stuff in there. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I want to see if they have a website with maybe some of their inventory, but I'm having a hard time finding the name.

[quote name='DMPugh']I was walking along Dundas St W in Toronto, probably just a little past Dufferin, and I came across this really, REALLY awesome game store. Prices were a little outrageous but they had so much stuff in there. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I want to see if they have a website with maybe some of their inventory, but I'm having a hard time finding the name.[/quote]
I think this is the place: Xtreme Games Interactive, at 1545 Dundas St. W. Phone number's 416.534.8885. I can't find a Web site, but maybe someone else will have luck with that. Anyhow, I think I'll check this place out... Reminds me of A&C games at 706 Spadina Ave, which has a lot of hard-to-find titles, but knows what they're worth, unfortunately.

EDIT: Beat you to it, EvilMario!

[quote name='DMPugh']I was walking along Dundas St W in Toronto, probably just a little past Dufferin, and I came across this really, REALLY awesome game store. Prices were a little outrageous but they had so much stuff in there. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I want to see if they have a website with maybe some of their inventory, but I'm having a hard time finding the name.[/quote]

I know the store you're talking about, it's very clean, but very over priced. I did a little research and came up with, Xtreme Games 1545 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON
It has nothing on Game Centre's Yonge/Charles location, but in a city where the used game shops are few and far between, we can't be complaining. ;)

Thanks for the info guys. I don't think I've been to the Game Centre on Yonge yet. I'll have to check it out some day.

I asked about Persona 3 FES as well, no dice at EB. I just said screw it and ordered it from eStarland. 31.95 shipped and I don't have to worry about the ridiculous bilingual packaging.

ive gotten a broken GBA game from that place near dufferin before. However these people you can haggle with. Bring cash haggle and you'll get a discount (usually no tax or something alone those lines)

Does anyone know if there's a preorder gift for Smash Bros Brawl at EB? I've had mine preordered since about December/January and haven't heard of one, but just want to be sure.

Smash Brawl itself is its preorder bonus. It is a life long Nintendo fan's dream come true.

I mean, YOU CAN BEAT UP SONIC! :D

I have a silver DS with Metroid demo, complete in box, and I want to get rid of it. What are these things worth nowadays, and which store offers the best trade-in value?
I'm thinking of getting a PSP, or maybe just some PC games.

[quote name='kedawa']I have a silver DS with Metroid demo, complete in box, and I want to get rid of it. What are these things worth nowadays, and which store offers the best trade-in value?
I'm thinking of getting a PSP, or maybe just some PC games.[/quote]

DS Phats are relics now since DS Lites are superior in every way and everywhere as well. EB gives you $40 for it, but that was a while ago: call and ask. Just like the original GBA, no one really wants the old models.

If not EB, then Microplay, local game stores, etc.

[quote name='kedawa']I have a silver DS with Metroid demo, complete in box, and I want to get rid of it. What are these things worth nowadays, and which store offers the best trade-in value?
I'm thinking of getting a PSP, or maybe just some PC games.[/quote]

Or do what I did with my two old DSes; give them to younger relatives who can't afford the DS for some reason. Sure they're screwed for life when it comes to having a life, but at least you did something nice and you can collect on the karma points. :D

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']DS Phats are relics now since DS Lites are superior in every way and everywhere as well. EB gives you $40 for it, but that was a while ago: call and ask. Just like the original GBA, no one really wants the old models.

If not EB, then Microplay, local game stores, etc.[/quote]

If the original DS had the bright screen of the DS Lite, I would prefer the phatty. It's far more comfortable.

[quote name='maigoyume']definitely feels sturdier, i gotta cradle my zelda ds like a baby[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't be cradling it at all! It should be in a hermetically-sealed triple-paned glass case with laser sensors and sentry guns. And you call yourself a collector. ;)

Any signs of Brawl early in the GTA? I'm heading out in an hour for my trip around the usual spots (Dufferin Mall, Yonge and Bloor). I'll let you guys know what/if I find anything, just want to know the spots people have already hit.

[quote name='EvilMario']Any signs of Brawl early in the GTA? I'm heading out in an hour for my trip around the usual spots (Dufferin Mall, Yonge and Bloor). I'll let you guys know what/if I find anything, just want to know the spots people have already hit.[/QUOTE]

Well, Gamerama on Yonge and Eglinton is having a midnight release instead of the early one they did for the Pokemon games unfortunately. Other then that, can't think of any other place that might have an early one.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']You shouldn't be cradling it at all! It should be in a hermetically-sealed triple-paned glass case with laser sensors and sentry guns. And you call yourself a collector. ;)[/quote]i'm only ONE man, and i've only got TWO :cry: anyways I should've encased myself in a dust free bubble before even applying the full set of hori protectors, and i still can't find a place that sells the clear shell for cheap though, anyone know where i can grab one?

If not i think i'm just gonna suck it up and order it for $10.90 off play-asia

pa.92593.2.jpg

WalMart (Dufferin Mall) is such a tease. They're the only store I found with their stock on display (in the case), but they're not selling until the 9th, per usual.

Well, looking at the websites for Best Buy and Future Shop has Brawl in stock now. A shiny penny to anyone who can figure out a way to get those early.

[quote name='JGonspy']Well, looking at the websites for Best Buy and Future Shop has Brawl in stock now. A shiny penny to anyone who can figure out a way to get those early.[/quote]

I see the Sherway Gardens Best Buy has them listed as In Stock. So, if I buy online and choose in-store pickup, they HAVE to give it to me, right? ;)

[quote name='EvilMario']I see the Sherway Gardens Best Buy has them listed as In Stock. So, if I buy online and choose in-store pickup, they HAVE to give it to me, right? ;)[/QUOTE]

Except it ain't available for pick up on the website unfortunately.

However, anyone near Brampton might be in luck. Apparently a store called We Got Games at Shoppers World in Brampton gets their shipment on Friday and they aren't waiting till Sunday. If any awesome person wants to go on a long drive there, I'd accept a lift as thanks for the info...

[quote name='Median']Son of a bitch...guess where I'm going tomorrow afternoon, thanks for the heads up :D[/QUOTE]

For the record, this is hearsay from a semi-reliable source. Shipment is supposed to arrive at 1 PM.

Don't forget to snatch an extra for your buddy in TO ;)

[quote name='JGonspy']For the record, this is hearsay from a semi-reliable source. Shipment is supposed to arrive at 1 PM.

Don't forget to snatch an extra for your buddy in TO ;)[/quote]

It sounds about right, I do remember them selling the DS Pokemon games early. If only I was in Toronto again this weekend, sadly I'm not at school again until Monday which is quite past the release date ;)

bread's done
Back