[Canel Your Membership Soon] Gamefly 2 Games out for $1 60 DAYS! Holiday Special

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
Saw this on Slickdeals:

Gamefly Holiday Special: 2 Games Out for $1 for a month

I just tried it out and it still works. Make sure you cancel after the month is up otherwise you will be charged the regular $22.

https://www.gamefly.com/react/offer/backfor1dollar

Great opportunity for those of you looking to try out games before buying them.

EDIT: You have the chance to get a total of 60 days from this deal. First go the link i posted above and then go to cancel my membership at "My account." There will be a banner to get an extra month for free. My membership will now not expire until February.

https://www.gamefly.com/react/offer/backfor1dollar

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone who's never had an account get in on this by
signing up for free trial (10-day),
immediately canceling the trial,
reactivating account through OPs link, paying the $1, (cancel), then get 2nd month free
?

[quote name='Mason202']I'm a previous gamefly member and when i click the link it says 22.00 for the first month. am i supposed to ignore that and click continue and it will say 1 dollar in my billing history?[/QUOTE]

No. It's supposed to say $1 on the page. I was able to get it for $1.

I get this when I'm going to cancel and not an extra 30

• Your cancellation will be effective as of today.
  • If you cancel, you'll give up your current GameFly Rewards level. You'll keep any GameFly Dollars coupons you've earned until they expire, but you'll lose your GameFly Rewards discount on used games, if applicable. If you restart your account, your Rewards level will be reset to the beginning.
  • You will not receive a refund or credit for unused rentals, partial billing periods, a pre-paid membership, or a gift certificate applied to your account, per GameFly's Terms of Use.
  • All rented games must be received by GameFly within 7 days of cancellation or you will be charged the current retail price or replacement price (whichever is higher).
  • After canceling, you will not be eligible for another free trial or offer.
  • We'll send you an e-mail confirming your cancellation.

[quote name='PlayLives']Can someone who's never had an account get in on this by
signing up for free trial (10-day),
immediately canceling the trial,
reactivating account through OPs link, paying the $1, (cancel), then get 2nd month free
?[/QUOTE]

I just did this and it seems to have worked so far... but remember do not hit the continue cancel button

I think the reason I'm not getting the extra month offer when going to cancel is because I've used one of their cancellation offers before. I believe they'll only give you a cancellation offer once per account.

If anyone else is having the same problem, have you done the same?

[quote name='Vyrtigo']I think the reason I'm not getting the extra month offer when going to cancel is because I've used one of their cancellation offers before. I believe they'll only give you a cancellation offer once per account.

If anyone else is having the same problem, have you done the same?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I've used the free month when I tried to cancel before you may be right.

Wow couldn't pass it up at this price funny thing is I was planning on getting a month at normal price since I am on winter break awesome thanks op.

Though a word of caution regarding gamefly, so the last month i used it I checked out like 6 games within a month. They all received 5 the last one I mailed out 1 day before I canceled my membership, and they sent me an email saying they never received it and that I was going to get charged for it.

Wow. Couldn't beleve the deal until I actually got in on it; confirmed, it worked for me..........Great find. $1 for two months is a STEAL

[quote name='ThunderChunky62']worked for me. Did 10 day free trial, cancelled that. Clicked OP's link renewed for $1 and got extra month free[/QUOTE]

Did the exact same thing! No billing date till Feb 18! Thanks OP

Jumped on the first month for a buck. Will wait to see when I cancel the current month what kind of deal they'll throw at me. Don't recall getting the free month offer previously, but who knows?

can I do this while making an a new account? I tried to use my old one and it is a partial account. I don't know if I qualify for the offer I just want to able to get it cheap.

Edit: are there any offers for new accounts?

I went too far. It canceled my membership without offering me a second month. The screen where you see the bullet points with the check box about canceling is the last screen before it actually does cancel.

So I just kind of gave them a dollar for nothing.

Ah well, still a good deal if you don't fail at abusing it like me. ;)

Has anyone checked their account recently a couple of minutes after doing this deal? My 2nd free month just disappeared from account information. WTF

[quote name='Namerson']Has anyone checked their account recently a couple of minutes after doing this deal? My 2nd free month just disappeared from account information. WTF[/QUOTE]

Still works for me. If you click "Cancel my Membership" at " My Account" it should tell you on that page "You'd miss out on your remaining 61 days of your membership."

[quote name='Namerson']Has anyone checked their account recently a couple of minutes after doing this deal? My 2nd free month just disappeared from account information. WTF[/QUOTE]

I believe your first month disappeared because once you fill up your que it activates that first prepaid month 12/17 - 1/17 (which you paid $1 for) and then only your second prepaid month remains listed with the starting date being 1/17 - 2-17. Thats what it did on mine.

Underneath that it should say something like this:

Membership start date: 12/17/2011.

Next billing period begins: 2/17/2012.

If not then yes something is wrong.

Did anyone that have Gamefly before get Gamefly Dollars deposited in their account? I haven't had the account since mid September and I was just sent one for "being a member three months in a row." o_O

What the hell...

"Hello,

We have reviewed the shipping problems with your account and those in your local zip code and determined that we are temporarily unable to uphold our service commitment to you. Until we can guarantee the successful delivery of your games, regretfully, we are forced to close your account.

If any of the games that are currently marked with a shipping problem are recovered, please contact us immediately at [email protected]. At that time, we will review to determine if we can reactivate your account.

GameFly has issued a refund in the amount of $1.09. Please allow 3-5 business days for the credit to post to your account.

We are in business to serve our members and it is with great reluctance that we reach this conclusion.

Sincerely,

Margaret G.
The GameFly Team
Email: [email protected]
Online help: http://www.gamefly.com/help"

I've used Gamefly before... I've never encountered any shipping problems. Also, instead of just NOT offering me the 1 month of Gamefly service, they canceled my account altogether!! I've recently ordered a few games from them as well.. both of which did NOT work. I've been waiting about 2 weeks for a refund after contacting their customer service via e-mail. I'm about done dealing with Gamefly. This is ridiculous.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I've used Gamefly before... I've never encountered any shipping problems. Also, instead of just NOT offering me the 1 month of Gamefly service, they canceled my account altogether!![/QUOTE]

More than likely, there have been a rash of mail-related thefts in your area recently. This is especially prevalent during the holidays, when you get temp workers floating around. GF reserves the right not to ship to an area where loses are likely to occur, seeing as they accept responsibility and don't make you pay for lost games.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']More than likely, there have been a rash of mail-related thefts in your area recently. This is especially prevalent during the holidays, when you get temp workers floating around. GF reserves the right not to ship to an area where loses are likely to occur, seeing as they accept responsibility and don't make you pay for lost games.[/QUOTE]

So.. that's worthy of just canceling my account altogether? I've been receiving/sending out packages through all sorts of websites (eBay, Amazon, Buy.com, etc) without a single problem whatsoever.

Also, this "shipping problem" has nothing to do with their failure to answer my e-mail regarding a few games I've purchased from them that won't work. It's been approximately two weeks without a response.

Something is fishy...

[quote name='drawingboard']Where on our account info can we check to make sure we're getting 2 months for $1 each?[/QUOTE]

Just go to 'my account' or 'your account' whichever and look at your billing dates.

[quote name='drawingboard']Where on our account info can we check to make sure we're getting 2 months for $1 each?[/QUOTE]

Well first, it isn't $1 each, it's 2 months for $1 total. To see if you get it check your account info and it will tell you your next billing date. It should be two months away. As far as the price goes the only way I know is to check the confirmation email they sent you along with your card/bank statement.

Click "My account" on the top right corner and then, somewhere on the screen it takes you to, should say "Billing History."

Thanks for the post I signed up for $1, prepared to be disappointed Gamefly sucks from my past experiences and now they are getting a wave of new customers on the cheap. Don't know if i'll get the second month as I tried them again a couple months ago and was offered the free month when I went to cancel.

Looks like Uncharted 3 and Gears 3 are available now so we shall see...

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']So.. that's worthy of just canceling my account altogether? I've been receiving/sending out packages through all sorts of websites (eBay, Amazon, Buy.com, etc) without a single problem whatsoever.

Also, this "shipping problem" has nothing to do with their failure to answer my e-mail regarding a few games I've purchased from them that won't work. It's been approximately two weeks without a response.

Something is fishy...[/QUOTE]

Well, again, GF reserves the right not to ship to what they consider to be a high risk area. If they aren't going to ship to you, why wouldn't they cancel your account? I'm not really sure what other resolution you'd expect in such a situation.

As far as other packages coming without a problem, the majority (if not all) of them have some sort of tracking. It makes it a little easier for the postal inspectors to look into it and track down exactly where the package went missing and potentially find the thief. Something like GF and Netflix envelopes are a little easier to steal, because it's harder for them to pinpoint exactly where and when it went missing.

Them not answering your e-mails about faulty games is not excusable, but it is the holidays, so it happens. I've never had a problem getting intouch with their customer service.

[quote name='$hady']Signed up for $1, prepared to be disappointed Gamefly sucks from my past experiences and now they are getting a wave of new customers on the cheap.

Looks like Uncharted 3 and Gears 3 are available now so we shall see...[/QUOTE]
It helps when you have a distributing center in your state, sucks for you.

[quote name='Vyrtigo']I think the reason I'm not getting the extra month offer when going to cancel is because I've used one of their cancellation offers before. I believe they'll only give you a cancellation offer once per account.

If anyone else is having the same problem, have you done the same?[/QUOTE]

Same here. not getting a offer for 1 month free. Got one a while back for canceling though.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Well first, it isn't $1 each, it's 2 months for $1 total. To see if you get it check your account info and it will tell you your next billing date. It should be two months away. As far as the price goes the only way I know is to check the confirmation email they sent you along with your card/bank statement.[/QUOTE]

I only got 1 month for $1, which was confusing me. I guess other people here are having the same problem. I'll just cancel it before then.

bread's done
Back