[Canel Your Membership Soon] Gamefly 2 Games out for $1 60 DAYS! Holiday Special

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
Saw this on Slickdeals:

Gamefly Holiday Special: 2 Games Out for $1 for a month

I just tried it out and it still works. Make sure you cancel after the month is up otherwise you will be charged the regular $22.

https://www.gamefly.com/react/offer/backfor1dollar

Great opportunity for those of you looking to try out games before buying them.

EDIT: You have the chance to get a total of 60 days from this deal. First go the link i posted above and then go to cancel my membership at "My account." There will be a banner to get an extra month for free. My membership will now not expire until February.

https://www.gamefly.com/react/offer/backfor1dollar

Last edited by a moderator:
How long does it take for the games to come? Is it like Netflix where you receive the confirmation email and it's there the day after?

[quote name='Namerson']How long does it take for the games to come? Is it like Netflix where you receive the confirmation email and it's there the day after?[/QUOTE]
depends where you live

Austin center sent out my games this morning.

They skipped my number one pick (Persona 4), even though it said it was "available now." I really wanted that game first because it will probably take me the entire 2 months to beat. Hopefully I can run through Shadows of the Damned in a couple days and send it back. Now I remember why I don't have a GF sub, but thanks OP.

I joined on dec 17 and still no games sent from pittsburgh, games say available but nothing is being sent. You guys that get games in 1 or 2 days are lucky mofo's, we need a gamefly distribution center in chicago dammit.

Thanks OP. Just signed up for 2 months for $1 total. Spent all of 3 minutes doing this. I thought the instructions were clear enough. We have some pretty dumb members on this board.

eh, I can't get that extra month for free. When I go to cancel, the banner offers me to stay for $11.95. I wish I could get that extra month like all you guys did, but I'm happy with this one month for a dollar. Thanks OP!

It says the page cannot be accessed at this time after I logged in.

I was a member before, but the time it takes from after I sent the game I just got done with to when I get the next game in the queue is 1 week, seriously.

Is there a reason why I should try the cancel thing right now or do you think they'll still offer the free month at the end of the $1 month? If it's something you can only do once, I was thinking it might be worth it to save it when I know that I'll want to use it. I'm not really planning on joining gamefly later on, but I'm always willing to jump on a good deal. There's not a whole lot that I want to rent right now, so I was thinking about waiting on using my free month if it's something that they always offer.

Why I wait so long I'll never know. The link says the page is currently unavailable.

Nevermind, wasn't logged in on my phone right. Thanks OP.

Did anyone else get charged twice? I got charged $1 for the first month, then $13.01 for an addition month since the $1 deal didn't work. But then they charged me another $13.01 under Gamefly support. WTF is up with that?

how are you guys getting this deal? I have tried two different emails i had under gamefly over the years. One says cannot access my account or something , and the other prompts me to join for send on one game 15.95 for one and 22.95 for two. I am confused how anyone is taking advantage of this.

[quote name='Slixshot']has anyone else had problems getting games shipped...? They haven't sent me anything yet.[/QUOTE]

All my games in my top 5 were available now all weekend, then Monday half of them switched to low and Gamefly decided not to ship me anything until Monday night :(

[quote name='Slixshot']has anyone else had problems getting games shipped...? They haven't sent me anything yet.[/QUOTE]

They sent me two games out the same day I signed up. I am a former member though, and only signed up for one month instead of two.

Is it common to get games on different days? I got Cavestory 3D today but have not received Modern Warfare 3 even though I got an email saying both shipped.

They sent one game the day (20th) I signed up, But I haven't gotten a 2nd game yet. I have 5 low/medium games on my list, and 3 'available now' (but they are at the bottom, so I am betting Gamefly is waiting to get me one of the top games).

They did send me NFS: The Run though, so that makes me happy as I cannot get it with my blockbuster account yet.

[quote name='Namerson']Is it common to get games on different days? I got Cavestory 3D today but have not received Modern Warfare 3 even though I got an email saying both shipped.[/QUOTE]
Same things happened to me. They sent me two games on the same day but only 1 has arrived. Still waiting for the second one.

Thanks for this, was a previous member and got the 2 games out for 1 month / $1...They sent the games out yesterday.

It took 4 days, but they finally shipped my 2 games...should get them by saturday. Skyrim and Prince of Persia Trilogy for $1.05 and I'll probably just keep them the entire 2 months :)

For those who don't get the free month offer immediately, try canceling on a different day. Signed up on Sunday for a $1 and when I tried to cancel it offered me the $11.95 offer. Tried today and was offered free month.

how far along the cancellation do we have to go? do we have to state a reason we are cancelling and everything or what?

[quote name='element676']how are you guys getting this deal? I have tried two different emails i had under gamefly over the years. One says cannot access my account or something , and the other prompts me to join for send on one game 15.95 for one and 22.95 for two. I am confused how anyone is taking advantage of this.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I'm getting those prices to reactivate. I'm guessing the deal is dead?

Did not get to post until now, but on Tuesday 12/20 it worked for me.

I am a returning member. I have only ever had the trial membership.

I got 30 days for $1. I did not attempt to acquire the extra month as things typically go sideways when I get greedy so I let it go.

[quote name='Namerson']Is it common to get games on different days? I got Cavestory 3D today but have not received Modern Warfare 3 even though I got an email saying both shipped.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering this too. Not because this happened to me, but i'd like to know the answer. If anyone can shed some light on this situation, that would be great.

Bump.

[quote name='Snuggelz']I'm wondering this too. Not because this happened to me, but i'd like to know the answer. If anyone can shed some light on this situation, that would be great.

Bump.[/QUOTE]
It depends if they sent it from the same warehouse , when they sent you an email it will say if its coming from a different warehouse then your normal one

I'm guessing this is dead? This is what I get when I click that link:

Restart Your Membership

2 Games Out
$22.95 first month ($22.95/month after)

The only mention of a $1 is in the url. I go to the next step, and it says restart my membership. I'm not doing that for $23 bucks.

Dwam, I couldn't get my card to work yesterday so I tried it today and I think I was charged $23. Will they cancel me and refund the money? Didn't know it was dead

Told yall Gamefly sucked ass, signed up when this was posted and my first game shipped this afternoon even though the 3 games in my queue have been available since day one. From past experience it'll say shipped and arrive 3 days later.

Ah well it'll let me beat Gears 3 and I can sell my sealed black friday copy.

[quote name='SiMMENS']Dwam, I couldn't get my card to work yesterday so I tried it today and I think I was charged $23. Will they cancel me and refund the money? Didn't know it was dead[/QUOTE]

Next time READ before you click accept/confirm/etc. :baby:

[quote name='SiMMENS']Dwam, I couldn't get my card to work yesterday so I tried it today and I think I was charged $23. Will they cancel me and refund the money? Didn't know it was dead[/QUOTE]
Nope you're out 23 its not like netflix where they refund you if you cancel on the same day.

You can cancel it the day before and you'll still have 7 days to get their games back to them.
I got screwed and only got 1 month, but I guess I cant complain too much.

[quote name='drawingboard']You can cancel it the day before and you'll still have 7 days to get their games back to them.
I got screwed and only got 1 month, but I guess I cant complain too much.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up. i'm cancelling my free membership. it took forever to get MGS: HD in the mail from them.

This worked out well for me. In the 2 months I got the following games:
-X-Men Destiny (1000/1000)
-Spider-Man Edge of Time (beat)
-Rayman Origins (beat)
-BF3 (returned, not my thing, just not feeling military shooters right now)
-Sonic Generations (returned, still can't get into Sonic...)
-Halo CE HD (see BF)
-Darkness 2 (beat)

So for $1 I got to try 7 games, of those 7 I beat 4, of those 4 I completed one of them. Not bad at all if you ask me.

Yeah I got 6 platinums out of this deal. 7 if my next game gets here early next week. I'm pretty damn happy. Thanks again for the heads up on this deal.

If you enjoyed Gamefly and still want to continue your service, you can probably get another month for $5-10:

1. Refer a friend and pay for half his subscription - you get a free month and if he's new, I think he only pays $7.98.
2. Gamefly gives you $5 for being subscribed for three consecutive months; the previous deal gave you two months already, and your third will be from referring a friend.

I cancelled mine two days ago after they got my last item back. Moving this week so no point in keeping them because we know nothing good will come in those days before deadline.

i'm not a gamefly member and was thinking of starting the 10 day free trial when syndicate comes out, after those 10 days would this "deal" work for me?

bread's done
Back