[Canel Your Membership Soon] Gamefly 2 Games out for $1 60 DAYS! Holiday Special

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
Saw this on Slickdeals:

Gamefly Holiday Special: 2 Games Out for $1 for a month

I just tried it out and it still works. Make sure you cancel after the month is up otherwise you will be charged the regular $22.

https://www.gamefly.com/react/offer/backfor1dollar

Great opportunity for those of you looking to try out games before buying them.

EDIT: You have the chance to get a total of 60 days from this deal. First go the link i posted above and then go to cancel my membership at "My account." There will be a banner to get an extra month for free. My membership will now not expire until February.

https://www.gamefly.com/react/offer/backfor1dollar

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a free month when I went to cancel so I ended up paying $1.06 for two months for 2 games out plan. Sucks they don't have any games though. I have 17 games on my list and most of them say low availability.

Hey, how long do you guys think this deal will last for? People have claimed it has lasted for a while already on SD.
I want to use it but I have a couple games I am right in the middle of that I own and I want to finish.
Do you guys think if I wait on this, it may still be available in like 3 weeks?
Thanks

[quote name='mikepeluso']Hey, how long do you guys think this deal will for? People have claimed it has lasted for a while already on SD.
I want to use it but I have a couple games I am right in the middle of that I own and I want to finish.
Do you guys think if I wait on this, it may still be available in like 3 weeks?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

3 weeks i seriously doubt that. i think this will last till december 31st. its $1.19 put sign up it will take you atleast 2-3 days to get your games from gamefly in between play what you are playing now when these games come play them and send them back and while you wait for another delivery finish what you were playing before. because for $1.19 its a steal

[quote name='supraazn']I was a past member. Reactivated my account using the OP's link. Got a month for $1.08 (CA tax) And went account/cancel membership. Near the middle is a banner for get your next month free with a small tiny link in the middle of it that said "Or continue cancellation" Instead I clicked on the get the month free button. And got an additional month for $0.00. I'm good until 2/17/12 now. Thanks SpartenOmega![/QUOTE]

Got this to work. It will come in handy while I am taking a little time off over the holidays. Thanks guys.

wow I got in on this deal ASAP thanks OP!! Now I can play games that without stopping at a blockbuster. This is made up for the crappy games they had during the nightly deal.

Thanks SpartenOmaga117! Got my 2 months for $1.

Since most of the newer games that I don't have availability are very low I'll probably just use this to get a bunch of easy/fast 1000G games.

[quote name='Gertle627']Also, I signed up last night & they still aren't showing any games sent to me. Something to be concerned about or is that normal?[/QUOTE]

Gamefly does drag their feet at times or at least they did when I was last a member. It is why I quit them twice before. I would try again if I didn't think they do the same practices.

[quote name='lordopus99']Gamefly does drag their feet at times or at least they did when I was last a member. It is why I quit them twice before. I would try again if I didn't think they do the same practices.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. They kept sending me games that were lower in my Q, instead of the top 1-3 that were 'Available Now'. That was pretty aggravating. On top of that, they were also fairly slow shipping out the next game(s). I'm kind of in-between shipping centers, though, which might be why.

Albeit I can't complain about $1 here, it'd have to be a complete 180 to get me to actually renew. That, and their commercials annoy the hell out of me. :whistle2:#

"If you're a gamer, you've got to have Gamefly."

"I love the classics."

"I LOVE GAMEFLY."

When I click the link I get "To reactivate your membership, please log in first."

I just want to make sure the moment I sign in I'm not immediately signed up for anything. Can anyone confirm if there's more steps that have to be processed before I'm a member again? Don't want to risk it if for some reason it doesn't work.

[quote name='CatEyes']When I click the link I get "To reactivate your membership, please log in first."

I just want to make sure the moment I sign in I'm not immediately signed up for anything. Can anyone confirm if there's more steps that have to be processed before I'm a member again? Don't want to risk it if for some reason it doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

Here's my experience: When I clicked on the link, it brought me to the sign in page. I entered my username and password. The first page, I had to verify name and address. The next page was to enter payment information. After that, it gave me a confirmation for the 2 games out plan for $1.xx. Then I clicked on Account, selected the Cancel option, and clicked on the link in the middle of the banner to add a free month. Finally, I got another confirmation that the free month was added.

Isn't working for me. After I log in, that link just takes me to the normal reactivation page with the plan options. All plans are showing full price. If I don't log in, that link just takes me to the login page (after which logging in takes me to the same normal react page)

is this "deal" now void? I can't get to the page where it offers $1 (after i click OPs Link. It just says Page can not be displayed at this time).

When i do it manually, it offers me an extra month for $11.

Signed up for one month renewal at $1. Not getting any offer for the extra 30 days when I hit cancel. I tried it about 10 times so i'm guessing i wont be getting that. Maybe its because i've had too many trials, reactivations, etc?

On a side note, I just saw their free PC games section and that alone might convince me to keep the service, pretty awesome!

If you have ever went to cancel in the past and received the free one month offer than you will not be able to get the free month when canceling now. Everyone else should be able to get the free month when canceling.

Thanks a lot OP for the details! I finally got it to work:
Signed up for 10 day free trial,
Cancelled it.
Followed Link and signed up for a month for $1.
Attempted to cancel,
Then signed up for an extra month free of charge.

Well done!

are you guys getting email notifications telling you the games shipped, or did you check the website? I signed up yesterday and still no shipments.

[quote name='Namerson']are you guys getting email notifications telling you the games shipped, or did you check the website? I signed up yesterday and still no shipments.[/QUOTE]

they used to email you, but today at least, nothing, check website/download iphone app and ull see

[quote name='Namerson']are you guys getting email notifications telling you the games shipped, or did you check the website? I signed up yesterday and still no shipments.[/QUOTE]
Same here signed up yesterday night and still nothing shipped. It might be because the top 3 games in my Que are all either Low or Medium Availability.

You better add some other games to that list. I went a whole month with medium/low games in my Q and they never shipped any, it's the main reason I cancelled Gamefly in the first place.

Signed up for 2 months, thanks op! Quick question: Will games with online passes (as in a 10 dollar fee to play online) have a free code in the game case? Or will I be required to pay the $10 if I want to play online? Thanks.

[quote name='GarrettKapman']Signed up for 2 months, thanks op! Quick question: Will games with online passes (as in a 10 dollar fee to play online) have a free code in the game case? Or will I be required to pay the $10 if I want to play online? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You'll have to pay.

One of the things that pissed me off about gamefly during my free trial a few months ago was the wasted days where nothing happens and you are left wondering wtf is going on. I have games in My GameQ that say available and yet nothing is shipped. I signed up on the Dec 17 and i understand they dont ship on sundays but cmon you have to ship those games out first thing monday if they are available. I complained last time and they pull the whole "when did u receive the game?" and inevitably its within the 3-4 days they say it should be...but what about the other 2 days of limbo where it seems like they are sitting on their hands?

I just dont get how they can justify this time period of inactivity. I'm sure glad it only cost me $1.05 for 2 months because i'm already pissed enough lol. Just because they ship the game and you receive it within 4 days doesnt mean shit if 2 days are lost with nothing happening. Damn you gamefly for duping me again!

2-Game Plan:

2 games out at a time
$22.95/month
(plus any applicable taxes)

2-Game Plan Pre-Paid Membership:

2 games out at a time
Effective Date:
1/19/2012 - 2/19/2012

Did I do something wrong? It's not showing the month I got for the buck but only the free month I get for cancelling the account?

My deal was even sweeter..........

I got 1 month for $1.00 then I elected to cancel my membership and it told me I could get a next month for FREE...... So I only paid $1.00 for 2 months..... :applause:

Awesome Deal!!

[quote name='tears2040']My deal was even sweeter..........

I got 1 month for $1.00 then I elected to cancel my membership and it told me I could get a next month for FREE...... So I only paid $1.00 for 2 months..... :applause:

Awesome Deal!![/QUOTE]

Thats pretty much the deal everyone is getting except those that have gotten a free month for cancelling in the past.

So, are people still getting this to work today? I mean, the first month for $1. I've tried a few times over the past 6 hours, and the link always just takes me to the normal reactivation page with every plan at full price. Maybe it's due to past reactivation specials I might have done.

[quote name='madcatz1999']So, are people still getting this to work today? I mean, the first month for $1. I've tried a few times over the past 6 hours, and the link always just takes me to the normal reactivation page with every plan at full price. Maybe it's due to past reactivation specials I might have done.[/QUOTE]

you should create a free trial account, cancel the trial, and then click on the link.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']you should create a free trial account, cancel the trial, and then click on the link.[/QUOTE]
Nah, not trying to cheat the system, was hoping to get this offer legitimately. But if other people are still able to get the offer and I can't, I suppose it's something that I've participated in the past that's keeping me from getting it -- I think I've done some sort of reactivation special that they've emailed me before, but if so, it's been quite a while.

[quote name='madcatz1999']So, are people still getting this to work today? I mean, the first month for $1. I've tried a few times over the past 6 hours, and the link always just takes me to the normal reactivation page with every plan at full price. Maybe it's due to past reactivation specials I might have done.[/QUOTE]

Yea it still works. I just signed up a couple hours ago and they shipped my first game. Are you sure you're following the steps correctly? I wasn't ever a Gamefly subscriber.

So what I did was, Signed up for the 10 day free trial. Cancelled it. Then followed OP's link then reactivated it for $1 (this gave me one month). Then, tried to cancel it, then the banner for 1 free month shows up. Click Sign up for next month. DO NOT CLICK CONTINUE CANCELLATION.

I know i'm repeating a lot of the stuff other people said, but I hope you got something out of it. Maybe you redeemed some special promotion in the past that makes you ineligible?

[quote name='Snuggelz']Yea it still works. I just signed up a couple hours ago and they shipped my first game. Are you sure you're following the steps correctly? I wasn't ever a Gamefly subscriber.

So what I did was, Signed up for the 10 day free trial. Cancelled it. Then followed OP's link then reactivated it for $1 (this gave me one month). Then, tried to cancel it, then the banner for 1 free month shows up. Click Sign up for next month. DO NOT CLICK CONTINUE CANCELLATION.

I know i'm repeating a lot of the stuff other people said, but I hope you got something out of it. Maybe you redeemed some special promotion in the past that makes you ineligible?[/QUOTE]
I can't even get one month for $1. I have an account, don't currently have a subscription (haven't for about 9 months), but have had several of varying lengths over the past 6 years. Clicking on the link in the OP just takes me to a page with a list of plans, all of which are full price. Don't really want to activate another free trial on a new account, even though I'd have a new address and credit card from last time, since it's against their rules to do so. I'm thinking some past reactivation special I've done is preventing me from doing this one.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']geez the austin, TX center must be slow... none of my games have shipped out yet.[/QUOTE]
most likely the LA center sent my games out already.

Thanks OP!

I just confirmed my membership for $1. Does the extra 30 days thing still work? When I go to "My Account" and then go to "Cancel my Membership" it doesn't give me any kind of offer for extending my membership, it simply says "Continue Cancellation" or "Account Summary". Not that it really matters though, I don't even know what I'm going to rent since I already own all the games I wanted. Still have to beat Skyrim, UC3, Arkham City, and thats not including all the GF deals I got this year.

Edit: Whoops, just finished reading a few pages back. Seems that I've probably used a "cancellation" offer in the past. I do know I've never gotten an extra month for free, but I have re-enabled my account when I get the $14.95 deal in my mailbox.

bread's done
Back