[Canel Your Membership Soon] Gamefly 2 Games out for $1 60 DAYS! Holiday Special

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
Saw this on Slickdeals:

Gamefly Holiday Special: 2 Games Out for $1 for a month

I just tried it out and it still works. Make sure you cancel after the month is up otherwise you will be charged the regular $22.

https://www.gamefly.com/react/offer/backfor1dollar

Great opportunity for those of you looking to try out games before buying them.

EDIT: You have the chance to get a total of 60 days from this deal. First go the link i posted above and then go to cancel my membership at "My account." There will be a banner to get an extra month for free. My membership will now not expire until February.

https://www.gamefly.com/react/offer/backfor1dollar

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Well, again, GF reserves the right not to ship to what they consider to be a high risk area. If they aren't going to ship to you, why wouldn't they cancel your account? I'm not really sure what other resolution you'd expect in such a situation.

As far as other packages coming without a problem, the majority (if not all) of them have some sort of tracking. It makes it a little easier for the postal inspectors to look into it and track down exactly where the package went missing and potentially find the thief. Something like GF and Netflix envelopes are a little easier to steal, because it's harder for them to pinpoint exactly where and when it went missing.

Them not answering your e-mails about faulty games is not excusable, but it is the holidays, so it happens. I've never had a problem getting intouch with their customer service.[/QUOTE]

My account (before being closed) still had me listed as a Gamefly member, I just didn't have any current subscriptions active. This allowed me to still purchase games from them. Without an account, I can no longer do this. Also, I won't be able to take advantage of "ex member" deals they have floating around every now and then.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']My account (before being closed) still had me listed as a Gamefly member, I just didn't have any current subscriptions active. This allowed me to still purchase games from them. Without an account, I can no longer do this. Also, I won't be able to take advantage of "ex member" deals they have floating around every now and then.[/QUOTE]
check your rental history to see if you have any games missing

[quote name='supraazn']I was a past member. Reactivated my account using the OP's link. Got a month for $1.08 (CA tax) And went account/cancel membership. Near the middle is a banner for get your next month free with a small tiny link in the middle of it that said "Or continue cancellation" Instead I clicked on the get the month free button. And got an additional month for $0.00. I'm good until 2/17/12 now. Thanks SpartenOmega![/QUOTE]
I did this and it worked for me. Thanks!!!

People who aren't getting the free month probably have already used the offer. I think it's a one time one account offer for anyone who wanted to cancel before.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Why is that?[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I have no idea. I had Gamefly for six months before I ended it on Sunday and always noticed that trend. I'm guessing since mail doesn't get delivered on Sunday, they are able to have a more accurate number of the games they have in their inventory.

[quote name='209chromatic']when I try to log in it gives me error "Sorry, this page cannot be accessed at this time." Any idea why?[/QUOTE]

I'm already subscribed so i just went to cancel and i got offered a free month. Thanks OP!

[quote name='herpderp118']i just got charged $25 sigh[/QUOTE]

herpderp indeed.

[quote name='Daring']Same here. not getting a offer for 1 month free. Got one a while back for canceling though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think you can only get 1 cancellation offer per account. I cancelled at the beginning of this year and was offered a discount so I took it. Now I'm not getting any additional cancellation offers.

i was a subscriber before then stopped, but still buy discounted used games.

got in the offer for a dollar = 1 month. strange, the promo page says 2 months though.

[quote name='hecaitomix']i was a subscriber before then stopped, but still buy discounted used games.

got in the offer for a dollar = 1 month. strange, the promo page says 2 months though.[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat.. then they canceled my account. Be wary of their shenanigans... lol

Sweet..... Thanks just used this for a 15 day trial I had lol. I cancelled it then used the OP's link and my next billing period will be the 18th of next month. Haha..

Hopefully they ship out soon. My winter break is starting on wednesday. Then again the distribution center is about 3 hours away from me so it should be overnight shipping anyways.

Cancelled that free month and they offered me the free month. lol.. Now I can play all those older PS3 titles that have no trophies and keep my amazon credit alone lol

[quote name='Luxuria']Note: Most, if not all, games will show as being Available Now or with a high availability on Sundays.[/QUOTE]

Most games do during the day anyway, but they also go OUT the same day, so it goes right back down, sometimes too fast to notice (seen it happen here).
On Sundays, they receive games in, but none go out, so they sit until Monday morning. That's why.

[quote name='boosted02gt']Worked perfect. thanks OP. came up as my bill date being 2/18/12[/QUOTE]

Same here. I have only been a trial member in the past, so that one-time membership offer was still available.

[quote name='PlayLives']Can someone who's never had an account get in on this by
signing up for free trial (10-day),
immediately canceling the trial,
reactivating account through OPs link, paying the $1, (cancel), then get 2nd month free
?[/QUOTE]

For anyone using this method, were you charged 20 and then refunded 20 back?

When does this expire? I already activated this offer about last month and bought two extra months. I have another account that I was thinking about using this offer on. Last q, can one household be used for two separate accounts?

when I click "cancel membership" it says:

• You'd miss out on your remaining 30 days of your membership.
To enjoy your rentals as long as possible, just cancel your account by 1/17/2012.

And then gives me two options, continue cancellation and account summary

do I need to click the continue cancellation for the extra free month to show up?

If you've ever used gamefly and tried to cancel you're given a free month if you're already used it you wont be able to get the extra 30

I had Gamefly before and cancelled because Blockbuster's combo pass worked out better for me.

Just got 2 months prepaid for a dollar! Can't beat that. Will cancel on 2/17/2012 :)

Thanks OP!

the link isn't working for me, it takes me to an error page. i have an account but never activated the membership or the 10 day free trial, only made it to buy the used games. anyone else having the same problem as me?

[quote name='WindFuryCritz']For anyone using this method, were you charged 20 and then refunded 20 back?[/QUOTE]
I wasn't. I was only charged the $1 for the the two months

[quote name='ThunderChunky62']I wasn't. I was only charged the $1 for the the two months[/QUOTE]

Hmm well I just emailed GF just in case. Thanks anyways. :D

This sucks. I legitimately got a subscription just 3 days ago. Now, not only did I miss out on a great deal, I also have more competition for the games on my queue.

[quote name='0_0']This sucks. I legitimately got a subscription just 3 days ago. Now, not only did I miss out on a great deal, I also have more competition for the games on my queue.[/QUOTE]
I'm from Texas too so yup. =]

[quote name='GameFly']Current Membership Plan

2-Game Plan:

2 games out at a time
$22.95/month
(plus any applicable taxes)

2-Game Plan Pre-Paid Membership:

2 games out at a time
Effective Date:
12/18/2011 - 1/18/2012

2-Game Plan Pre-Paid Membership:

2 games out at a time
Effective Date:
1/18/2012 - 2/18/2012

Membership start date: 12/18/2011.
Next billing period begins: 2/18/2012.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Thanks, OP!

[quote name='Gertle627']Also, I signed up last night & they still aren't showing any games sent to me. Something to be concerned about or is that normal?[/QUOTE]
they don't ship on sundays tomorrow early morning if you're lucky. Also since you and me are so close to Austin where they have their distribution center we get them the next day

bread's done
Back