Captain Lou Albano (1933-2009) memorial wrestling topic

According to WrestleZone.com's own Mark Madden, TNA will be adding a second weekly show to their television schedule. When, you ask? Monday nights from 8:00-10:00PM ET head-to-head with WWE's RAW. While the time frame of when this will happen isn't confirmed, we can report exclusively that a second show on Monday's from 8-10PM ET is in the plans right now.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/breaking-exclusive-tna-to-debut-new-monday-night-show-89021

EDIT:
29oihj5.jpg

That's fucking crazy.

I, for one, will be watching TNA Monday nights.

I'm interested in seeing how this is going to affect ratings for either show. One side is going to be forced to step things up, which is good for everyone.

But I'm an optimist.

EDIT: Optimism potentially drained, if this turns out to be true.

I spoke to a source within TNA this morning that has exclusively informed WrestleZone that Hulk Hogan is in complete creative control of TNA at the moment. His reach in the company even goes beyond Dixie Carter, and at this point the only person Hogan is answering to is Carter's father.

The future of employees such as Vince Russo, Ed Ferrara and others within management have yet to be determined. At this point, they will remain with the company on a trial basis depending on how well they work with Hogan.

Additionally, it's being said that when Vince McMahon heard the news that Hogan had announced his signing with TNA during a press conference at Madison Square Garden, he apparently became furious as he considers MSG to be "his building." It wouldn't surprise most people to see Vince take some kind of action in retaliation to Hogan's signing as he is apparently very angry with the situation.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/art...hogans-controlling-tna-vince-is-furious-89037

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr. Beef']EDIT: Optimism potentially drained, if this turns out to be true.[/QUOTE]
Uhh... That better not be true.

Could it be any worse than Russo? As long as he stays away from the ring (GM type character is ok) and doesn't hire any of his suckass friends or family, I don't really care.

I double dog DARE a TNA wrestler to finish off someone with a leg drop...

Honky Tonk Man posted a blog saying Hogan still works for McMahon and he sent him to TNA to destroy it. He also stated that if ROH ever becomes a threat Vinnie Mac will do the same to them.

Oh man, I'm giving the whole situation way too much credit but if we get Monday Night Wars II, I'll be fucking stoked.

I don't care if Hogan is the booker. It'll either be an improvement over their current bookers or it'll go down in spectacular flames ala WCW in 2000.

My dad is a top secret wrestling fan, and he's convinced that McMahon did that with WCW, by sending Russo there.

Money got WCW to go up against WWF, not a good product (though it was solid for a while for sure).

Luckily for us, TNA is backed by an energy company, so we don't need to worry about TNA drying up. I honest to god thinks that the Carter family looks at the whole thing as a "toy" rather than a new revenue source.

Has Blackout posted his "the only wrestling I've ever seen is WWE wrestling" thoughts yet?

Can't wait for those.

TNA to Mondays will probably get their ratings higher than Impact's, if only because people will switch over during commercial breaks.

But, you've got to question their management if they actually hand complete control over to Hogan right when they sign him.

I, for one, am looking forward to the future Brian Knobbs vs. Ed Leslie matches with Nick Hogan as the guest referee.

Maybe Brooke can be the ring announcer.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']I, for one, am looking forward to the future Brian Knobbs vs. Ed Leslie matches with Nick Hogan as the guest referee.

Maybe Brooke can be the ring announcer.[/QUOTE]
I was just thinking about that.

If this is all true, and he brings Nick in, I'm done.

Diverging from the main topic of discussion:

Me and the wife have tickets for Survivor Series..any chance of it not sucking? I personally am hoping for a Jericho title win, and Michaels doing something great. Other than that, who knows? Opinions/predictions?

Hogan with complete creative control?

Brian Knobbs, future X-Division champeen.

[quote name='JJSP']TNA had better start going live every week. Vince is spiteful enough to spoil every episode of Impact he can.[/QUOTE]

Since they already do Impact tapings on Mondays I don't see that part being that big of a problem.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']I, for one, am looking forward to the future Brian Knobbs vs. Ed Leslie matches with Nick Hogan as the guest referee.

Maybe Brooke can be the ring announcer.[/QUOTE]
I'm putting my money on Brooke coming out and singing once every month or two. Don't know how her singing career is going(does she still have one?), but if shes got an album to plug, Hulk will find some way to get it on the air.

Honestly, if this is what it takes to get Russo out the door, I'm all for it. If they have any thoughts of competing with RAW, some changes are gonna have to be made. Nonetheless, things should start getting interesting.

[quote name='Brak']Has Blackout posted his "the only wrestling I've ever seen is WWE wrestling" thoughts yet?

Can't wait for those.[/QUOTE]

That's not true. I used to watch something called the WWF. :)

Is Hogan supposed to be on Impact tomorrow?

[quote name='jupiterjones']Diverging from the main topic of discussion:

Me and the wife have tickets for Survivor Series..any chance of it not sucking? I personally am hoping for a Jericho title win, and Michaels doing something great. Other than that, who knows? Opinions/predictions?[/QUOTE]

Don't think you'll see a Jericho title win...

I'm guessing there will be one or two classic Survivor Series team matches. One involving Kofi and Orton, and a Smackdown one, probably with Morrison and Punk as leaders.

then Cena vs. HBK vs. Triple H, Rey vs. Batista, Christian vs. Regal, and I guess Taker/Big Show?

[quote name='Brak']My dad is a top secret wrestling fan, and he's convinced that McMahon did that with WCW, by sending Russo there.[/QUOTE]
No, Russo left WWE and Bishoff hired Russo to run WCW basically anyway he wanted. So, this is too funny how TNA is bringing in Bishoff to replace Russo.

I wonder if they will have Hogan on TV in the role Cornette use to be in just so he can be seen?

While I realize that he likely wasn't coming back from his forced 'hiatus' anyway, I have to point out that once again Jeff Jarrett finds himself with nowhere to wrestle on a national level. I'd love to get his reaction to the fact that they handed 'his' company over to Hogan and Bischoff.

Amuses me.

[quote name='JJSP']TNA had better start going live every week. Vince is spiteful enough to spoil every episode of Impact he can.[/QUOTE]

Highly unlikely Vince would even mention TNA on WWE television unless it gets to the point where they are actually starting to "beat" them in merch/attendance/ratings, which is never going to happen. That is, aside from maybe a few snide indirect reference "insider" comments he feeds to the commentary team on one of their TV shows.

[quote name='cdeener']No, Russo was fired from WWE[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see where you read this, since everything I've ever heard about that says Russo left because he wanted a break from the WWE schedule and WCW made him a very good offer.

[quote name='mykevermin']1990's Misfits. Ha.[/QUOTE]

What's depressing is, compared to the modern era, they're like the 80's version.

Was Jerry's "character" (if you are willing to accept he had a character in the first place) supposed to be punk rock Fonzie or something? I don't get why he was talking like that.

I thought he always talked like a tuff guy from jersey.

And, yeah, you're right. I'll even admit I give "Famous Monsters" a spin every now and then. But, no kidding, compared to "Jerry Only" Misfits (i know it's not clever, but it's still hilarious that he's the last genuine member of the band anymore) are horrible. 15 years ago the idea of seeing them was downright mythical, 13 years ago it was real, and about 8 years ago I began to avoid them entirely.

TNA needs a Monday night show. I don't have a DVR, and like I said before, ain't nothin' getting in the way of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." BTW, tonight's episode is wrestling themed and features Rowdy Roddy Piper. Now why bother watching TNA at all, knowing that?

[quote name='mykevermin']I thought he always talked like a tuff guy from jersey.

And, yeah, you're right. I'll even admit I give "Famous Monsters" a spin every now and then. But, no kidding, compared to "Jerry Only" Misfits (i know it's not clever, but it's still hilarious that he's the last genuine member of the band anymore) are horrible. 15 years ago the idea of seeing them was downright mythical, 13 years ago it was real, and about 8 years ago I began to avoid them entirely.

TNA needs a Monday night show. I don't have a DVR, and like I said before, ain't nothin' getting in the way of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." BTW, tonight's episode is wrestling themed and features Rowdy Roddy Piper. Now why bother watching TNA at all, knowing that?[/QUOTE]

I've got your solution for now.. I'm a HUGE it's always sunny mark, watch Impact from 8-10, at 10 switch over to FX because they show the new episode again at 10pm or 11 if you're eastern.

Just don't care if I miss TNA or not. The only reason they exist in my mind is because I really want them to do well, they have the roster and the financial backing to do well...and they've managed to fuck it up as magnificently as they possibly can each and every time.

They're almost as magnificently fucked up as the 1972 Democrat presidential ticket. *that* bad.

That promo is wrong.

He was the meat puppet who revolutionized wrestling.

Looks like trash.

1) No name guys with shitty tattoos and barely there physiques
2) No phony "stars" on their roster (means even Marty Janetty wouldn't show up and work a date for a ham sammich)
3) No name on the front of the building - you don't know who the dude is who will train you. Gotta have a name to put on the front of the building. Sure, it ain't always a "big name." After all, regional job-boy Les Thatcher trained WWF dudes for years, and is also the guy who trained Shark Boy, BJ Whitmer, and Nigel McGuinness. But if the person who runs that school is too ashamed (or too stupid) to put their name and face on the building? I wouldn't go near it with a ten foot pole.

But don't take my word for it. If you're in the Chicago area go watch one of their live shows. Worst case scenario, you're 5 bucks poorer and light years wiser.

They've been around forever it seems with a lot of history - and they're partly responsible for training Christopher Daniels and Ace Steele (who I think helped train Punk, Hero, and Cabana).

Despite what's being said elsewhere, several TNA sources are saying that Bischoff and Hogan are not taking over creatively. Hogan will likely have creative control over his character but word is that Russo and company are not being replaced. Hogan has suggestions of talents he would like to see brought into TNA but there are currently no wrestlers or other personalities 100% set to come in.

The rumors of TNA planned a show on Monday nights appear to be false, according to Spike TV sources. TNA's production schedule is planned through April of 2010 and live event tours are already booked through May of 2010. Spike TV wants to build iMPACT as their top show for Thursday nights, which is one of the reasons why the Saturday iMPACT replay was pulled. There also has been no discussion of changing the iMPACT format to a live production.

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/14188

Looks like it's possible Jeff Hardy might not see jail time, if this rumor is true.

First off, I want everyone to know before you read this that a lot of this is only a rumor as of now. So while it could be proven as fact later on, nothing is confirmed as of yet.

People should keep in mind that there is some truth in every rumor. While not everything rumored will come to pass every time, something rumored can be the truth, and that should not be overlooked.

Now to Jeff Hardy.

As most of us know by now, Jeff Hardy was arrested a few months back on drug charges. But the big charge that people focused on was drug trafficking.

The reason it is considered trafficking is not that he was selling the drugs, but because of the weight of the drugs he had.

Different states have different rules on how much weight the drugs can be before a trafficking charge will be filed. If all of the drugs that were found had a prescription, then no charges would be filed as it is legal to have any drug with a legit prescription.

Now, the way they caught Hardy was off a supposed "tip" from an anonymous party. They laid out a package for Jeff, he took it inside, and they invaded the home shortly thereafter. It was sort of a sting operation.
The package had most of the drugs Hardy was said to have. The police set him up by packing on charges that were not needed. They arrested Hardy and once bail was set, he was bailed out and went home.

People should keep in mind that the police do not release anyone if they have legit drug charges against them; they keep them jailed until a trial is set.

The reason Hardy was let go was because they couldn't prove the drugs were his, at least not the ones they laid out.

The trafficking charge was added because of the weight, so because the police added what Hardy had already to what the package had, the trafficking charge came about.

Because they added their drugs to Hardy's, the trafficking charge should be dropped when Hardy goes to trial. The police padded charges, which is not right, but they did it as a way to check his home.

They apparently couldn't invade his home while he was out to check what he had, so they set him up to get in. They had to arrest him to go through with everything. And they couldn't even get their story straight on who bailed out Hardy.

The bailout happened because they couldn't keep him jailed without proof. So as it stands, Hardy was taken to jail for no reason. He did have the drugs in his possession, but they were not his drugs.

He was said to not even have an idea of what was in the package until he opened to find drugs that he did not order. And while it's obvious you have to open a package to know what is inside, usually if you are expecting something you know what is in the package and you know the address it is mailed from.

Hardy was said to have barely got the package open before police raided his home.

The one charge Hardy will have against him will be the cocaine. It was a small trace, which meant that he probably wouldn't get jail time for it. He has never had drug charges filed against him, which is surprising, I know.
He was suspended a few times from the WWE, but he never saw jail time or fines from police. So, this would be his first drug charge. And because it is so small, it could have been old cocaine that he used a while back, yet was never seen until the police checked every part of his home with drug dogs, drug identification machines, and what not.

But no one has a clear-cut answer on how old the cocaine was. I still see some sort of charge, but no jail time.

If this rumor—that the police padded charges just to get into Hardy's home over a supposed tip—is true, Hardy will get off. The worst he could see is some sort of probation.

Again, I want to stress that this information I revealed here has not been confirmed. As of right now, it is considered a rumor floating around. However, there are a ton of Jeff Hardy fans out there, and I want to keep them updated as much as possible.

Hardy's trial is set for Nov. 4, so we should be finding out more from Hardy and others by this time next week. Stayed tuned to B/R for updates.
Ha, "old cocaine."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hardy-could-be-found-innocent-of-drug-charges

bread's done
Back