Captain Lou Albano (1933-2009) memorial wrestling topic

Weird bit with Tenay/Taz talking about how Hogan was signed after this episode of Impact was taped during a match at said taping.

One problem with this show was that before it, they said that the Hogan deal was THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN TNA HISTORY, which sure made everything on the show seem unimportant my comparison. The Angle-Wolfe opening segment was fantastic because Wolfe came off as belonging in this role. He was great on the mic and didn't get undermined by Angle during this entire deal. As much as the full "Desmond Wolfe" name works for me in full, when said as just "Mr. Wolfe", it seems incredibly stupid. The wolf howl in the theme is also a little wacky, too. The AJ-Daniels deal was hilarious, as Styles acted childish AND looked like a goober compared to Daniels, who dressed well, even if he is a bad actor in these things.

I'd completely forgotten about what 3D did to save Rhino last week, so it would have been nice if they'd SHOWN THIS as they talked about it. Instead, they finally re-showed it before the Morgan-Rhino match in the second hour. Very weird. 3D-Guns was a good match all things considered, and actually got better once Sabin was out since it added a layer of psychology to things since Shelley had to work on the limb to win. One problem with the ref's discretion finish here is that Devon didn't intend to tap, so 3D didn't really lose, and the Guns didn't really win, so no one really gained or lost anything in this match, except for Sabin, who got hurt and Nash, who got suspended as a result of this.

Tara vs. Flash was a match. The highlight of this for me was the pre-match bit with Tara coming down to pose next to a sign, only to have HER ENTIRE FACE blocked by a graphic shilling the Muscle and Fitness thing that they did with the Knockouts. Then Kong came out and killed her, so the match meant nothing anyway. Flash looked weak, and Tara got beaten up anyway. The post-match deal mattered, but the match didn't.

Hermie's Hotseat served next to no purpose as it only lasted about a minute and didn't even feature DW yelling and screaming. EY-Lashley wasn't good, didn't help anyone, and it seemed stupid to me that Steiner hit Lashley on the floor RIGHT NEXT TO THE REF, but the DQ wasn't called until he hit him with a chair as Lashley had EY in his dragon sleeper, which would have beaten him. So EY would have lost, thus looking weak as a champion. Then it seemed stupid for me to have Lashley's first singles title match be for the Legends title - it reminded me of Bret's first singles title shot in WCW not being for the World title, oh no, instead it was for the TV belt. Steiner's Kristal shirt was great, however, but Lashley looked weak by beating up Lashley again. It seems counterproductive to bill the guy as an unbeaten MMA guy and then have him get laid out constantly by these second-string guys like Steiner and Rhino. Also, if the British Invasion is suspended, then why are they on TV? Also, why do they look like, as Taz said, Ice Cream men? It's a step above the Spirit Squad's gear, but not by much.

The six knockouts/12 knockers tag wasn't very good, and was hurt by the Hogan deal being pimped as a huge deal throughout it, so this really felt meaningless. Then Kong came out and fought Tara, further rendering this match pointless. Then it was Stevie vs. Abyss, where they openly said that the matches meant less than the post-match angle, which held true here as Foley came out and helped Abyss, leading to a Baron Von Raschke reference from Tenay that ruled.

Morgan vs. Rhino was fine, but a bit too short, and of course, it meant nothing because Rhino laid out Morgan afterwards, leading to Hernandez making the save. So Morgan needed to be saved from RHINO of all people. This wouldn't be so bad except that they never book Rhino in a meaningful role for any major length of time, so he's just a glorified job guy. And Morgan got beaten up by him.

Homicide threatening DW, then stealing his wallet was great. Joe screwing around with Daniels was also great - he was calm here, and it was a nice change from the Rhino-ish guy who YELLS ALL THE TIME ABOUT THINGS he's been since turning heel. You know, when he stopped tying people and beating them or threatening them with decapitation. Wolfe vs. Angle was okay, I guess. These two didn't mesh as well as I'd hoped they would, and if anything, this match led to me being less excited about the prospects of them having a longer one because nothing they did here lit my world on fire. Nor did any part of it fit the "street fight" billing, which was kind of funny. The injury angle here was an easy, effective way to get the jawbreaker lariat over as a big deal, but was undermined by having the wacky Hogan announcement RIGHT AFTER IT. They went from one seemingly serious deal to Hulk Hogan saying things about TNA finally being number 1 with him there, which sure made the company seem second-rate. Dixie's comment about the company growing from being one that only had 10s of 1000s of buyers each week was amusing since their buyrates are still at that level dsspite being around for over seven years.

Screens -

Quotes -

Tenay - THE WORLD IS TALKING ABOUT IT - HULK HOGAN IS COMING TO TNA!
Taz - HULK HOGAN AND HULKAMANIA! THE MASSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT TONIGHT!
Tenay - IT DOESN’T GET ANY BIGGER THAN HULK HOGAN COMING TO TNA!
Taz - WE ARE PUTTING TOGETHER THE FOOTAGE AS WE BROADCAST TO YOU NOW ABOUT HOGAN PARTNERING WITH TNA AND DIXIE CARTER!
Wolf - Ladies and gentlemen, and I use that term loosely, let me formally introduce myself. My name is Desmond Wolf! To my friends, I’m just Wolf, but to you wankers, I AM MISTER WOLF! Now, I’m not gonna say I’m the next big thing - I AM THE ONLY THING! Because since day 1 when I was born in London, I was raised to be the world’s greatest fighter! IT’S IN MY BLOOD, MY GENES, IT’S WHAT I DO! Everybody that’s stepped in my way has gotten knocked on my ass. Some are destined to be common folks, I AM DESTINED TO BE A CHAMPION! THAT’S WHY I’M IN TNA! TO DOMINATE A SPORT THAT I WAS DESIGNED AND BRED FOR! AND I DON’T NEED A GOLD MEDAL TO PROVE HOW TOUGH I AM! Let’s be honest, Mr. Angle, you didn’t really beat that guy on points - they gave it to you because they felt sorry for you. IT’S TRUE! Now I know you’ve got this tough guy image - everyone thinks you’re a tough guy, but it’s a façade, and I know because last week, when I slapped the taste outta your mouth, out you came to the Impact Zone AND I DID IT AGAIN! Mr. Angle, I could’ve broken your neck! But I didn’t! Cuz I’ve made my mark! MORE THAN THAT, IN ONE NIGHT ONLY, I BECAME THE GREATEST WRESTLER IN THE HISTORY OF TNA! (Angle comes out)
Angle - Desmond Wolf, I didn’t know your name before, but I know it now. I don’t know where you came from, or who sent you, but you overstayed your welcome here and you will be leaving TNA tonight! You know, it was just last week, when I was applauding all the young talent in TNA, guys who were willing to give their blood, sweat, and tears, like AJ, Hernandez, Matt Morgan, even Eric Young - guys with the will of champions. They earned my respect - you have earned nothing! I’ll let you in on a little secret - you messed with the wrong guy! If you think you’re gonna make a name for yourself at the expense of Kurt Angle, you’ve got your heard up your ass! NOBODY COMES IN BACKYARD AND PISSES IN IT! NOBODY! So tonight, we’re gonna do things a little differently. You and me in that ring - no attacking from behind. No interference. Just you and me in a good, old-fashioned street fight! YOU WANT CENTER STAGE!? YOU GOT IT! BUT I’M GONNA BEAT YOUR ASS LIKE IT’S NEVER BEEN BEATEN BEFORE! IT’S REAL! IT’S DAMN REAL!
AJ - WHAT A PUNK! Only a punk hits someone from behind. I GOT A MESSAGE FOR THAT PUNK!
Joe - Why don’t you tell him yourself?
AJ - IT WAS YOU!?
Joe - No, I’m more in your face. It was your bald buddy Daniels. You don’t think he was angry after what happened in the tag match? When you shot to the top of TNA, Daniels didn’t get there with you. Look around you, you don’t think he wants your spot? He doesn’t want it, naw, NOT YA BEST FRIEND! At NS, when you won the title, who was the first person out there, Daniels, he was the only one. It was you and Daniels soaking up your adoration!
AJ - NO WAY! WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT DANIELS, YOU TALK ABOUT ME!
Joe - Sometimes you’re so angry at me, you can’t see your own friend stabbing you in the back.
Tenay - THE HOGAN ANNOUNCEMENT HAPPENED AFTER IMPACT WAS TAPED! I CAN’T WAIT TO FIND OUT WHAT THE TNA STARS LIKE AJ AND HERNANDEZ THINK ABOUT HULK HOGAN!
Taz - DAT’S KONG’S MUSIC! OH NO! THAT’S KONG! TARA, GET OUTTA DERE!
Rhino - You guys calm this week? I’m not here to thank you for saving me from Hernandez border tossing me to the floor last week. He wasn’t satisfied with beating me - HE WANTED TO TAKE MY SPOTLIGHT BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT TNA MANAGEMENT WANTS HIM TO DO! TONIGHT, I’VE GOT MORGAN! ANYONE ELSE SEE A PATTERN!?
Ray - You know what’s amazing? That you believe this garbage! WE DIDN’T SAVE YOU FROM HERNANDEZ, WE SAVED HERNANDEZ FROM HERNANDEZ! IF YOUR BRAINS GET SPLATTERED, YOU GET SUSPSENDED!
Rhino - Why’d you really stop him? BECAUSE YOU KNOW I’M RIGHT!
Devon - We appreciate your concern, but we don’t need any help with the Guns. They have a lot of talent, but we’re not concerned. We’ll never do anything that we can’t handle.
Rhino - Keep on thinking like that, because there’s something going on it. THEY’RE ON IN ON IT!
Ray - Thanks for the update, Lee Harvey!
Devon - He’s outta his mind.
Tenay - AS WE SPEAK, TNA’S PRODUCTION TEAM IS PUTTING TOGETHER FOOTAGE ABOUT THE BIGGEST MOMENT IN OUR HISTORY! HULK HOGAN SIGNING WITH TNA!
Tenay - How will Hulk Hogan’s signing affect TNA!? HOW WILL IT AFFECT 3D, ME, OR YOU!?
Taz - If you notice, Devon has a brace on his knee due to BFG.
Tenay - Yeah, that’s Full Metal Mayhem!
Taz - Ray’s a bully, and in this business, that’s a good thing. It ain’t ballet. Or a singing contest.
Taz - GEEZ! WHAT A URANAGE! Sabin’s not moving over there.
Taz - This reminds me of when I broke my neck and Eddie Guerrero finished the match for me. Now Shelley’s in the role of Eddie!
Tenay - DID DEVON TAP!? CAN WE TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AT THIS!?
Tenay - Just as we’ve seen in MLB, there’s controversy with officiating in TNA!
Lauren - Lashley is demanding that you apologize to her.
Steiner - I’m here to apologize to her. I’m sorry that she has no idea is it’s like to be with a real man! YOU SEE LAUREN, I SEE HER LOOK AT ME, THE MAN WITH THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD! I CAN JUST SEE THE LUST, THE DESIRE! SHE WANTS TO BE WITH ME! SHE HAS A NEED TO BE ONE OF MY FREAKS! SHE WANTS TO BE MY NUMBER 1 FREAK, AND I’M GONNA MAKE IT HAPPEN. Mrs. Lashley, you tell Bobby that since he cost me my match last week, I’m gonna be watching his. I’ve got a BIG surprise for you!
(as Wolfe is shown lacing up his boots)Tenay - DESMOND WOLFE IS PREPARING FOR HIS STREET FIGHT!
Red - This guy can sell water to a well! I’m not like aa “I’M GONNA GET YOU” guy, and he takes care of me outside the ring.
DW - THIS GUY DEFINES WHAT A WRESTLER SHOULD BE! HE’S PERFECT FOR KIDS TO LOOK UP TO, FOR KIDS TO BE PROUD…
Tenay - TO WATCH THIS IN ITS ENTIRETY, GO TO TNAWRESTLING.COM!
Tenay - THERE YOU SEE IN THE VIP SECTION, KRISTAL LASHLEY!
Taz - The front row is the VIP section now?
Tenay - TONIGHT COULD BE LASHLEY’S CHANCE TO WIN TNA GOLD!
Tenay - THERE’S THAT DRAGON-TYPE SLEEPER!
Taz - World Elite either just got done selling ice cream or came back from the moon!
Magnus - THEY FINED US?! OH NO! IT’S POCKET CHANGE TO THE WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPS! YOU CAN CALL IT A SUSPENSION! WE CALL IT A VACATION!
Taz - Or a holiday.
EY - I know you American swine have a hard time keeping score, but what you just saw was the leader of the World Elite hand Lashley HIS FIRST DEFEAT! I’M HERE FOR MY BIG ANNOUNCEMENT THAT’S GONNA CHANGE THE WRESTLING WORLD! THAT’S GONNA SHAKE TNA’S FOUNDATION! THE LEGENDS TITLE IS DEAD! IT’S DONE! BUT MY TITLE! MY CHAMPIONSHIP! MY BELT! IS THE TNA GLOBAL CHAMPIONSHIP! AND THERE’S TWO SIMPLE RULES! ONE, I WILL NEVER DEFEND THIS BELT ON AMERICAN SOIL! AND 2, I WILL NEVER DEFEND THIS BELT AGAINST AN AMERICAN WRESTLER! AND HERE’S THE REASON! YOU PEOPLE DON’T DESERVE ME AS YOUR CHAMPION! (Nash comes out)
Taz - I think Nash wants his sixty Gs.
Nash - Eric, at BFG, didn’t we have a deal? WASN’T THE DEAL THAT I GOT $60,000 AND I LEFT WITH MY BELT!? You didn’t keep up with your end of the bargain, did you? And the joke of paying me $60,000 Iranian dollars, which is like $13. I’ve seen that watch - it’s about $40,000. That’s closer. Eric, is this the way you do business?
EY - Kevin, I know it’s hard for you to deal with this since the shoe is on the other foot. YOU’VE DONE THIS FOR YEARS! IT’S WHY YOU’RE WHERE YOU’RE AT! I RESPECT THAT! I ADMIRE THAT! I LEARNED FROM THE MASTER! WE BOTH KNOW THAT ONE OF US WAS GETTING SCREWED! I JUST MADE SURE IT WASN’T ME! WE CAN WASH THIS UNDER THE BRIDGE OR YOU CAN COME DOWN HERE AND HAVE THIS CONVERSATION FACE-TO-FACE! (Beer Money comes in and beats up TBI)
Taz - I wish Beer Money woulda ripped those sweat suits offa them. And burned them!
Daniels - AJ!
AJ - Sup.
Daniels - I’ve heard all this stuff that Joe’s been saying.
AJ - Don’t worry. Water under the bridge.
Daniels - How about you don’t think your best friend would attack you!?
AJ - WHY YOU SO DEFENSIVE!?
Daniels - A COUPLE WORDS FROM JOE GET US FIGHTING! WHERE YOU GOING!?
AJ - Gonna settle things with JOE!?
Taz - AND THE PLOT THICKENS!
Tenay - YOU WON’T BELIEVE HOW MANY TEXTS I GOT!?
Taz - How many’d you get!?
Tenay - I GOT SO MANY TELLING ME IT WAS THE HOTTEST THING THEY’D EVER SEEN ON IMPACT.
Taz - Yeah, if you’re into food…
Tenay - AND WHO ISN’T!?
Taz - TNA AND HULK HOGAN! THIS IS TITANIC NEWS!
Tenay - First thing I think about is WILL THE KNOCKOUTS BE AFFECTED BY THIS ANNOUNCEMENT!?
Taz - I couldn’t help but notice on the back of the buttocks of Velvet, it says shy. She’s anything but shy.
Tenay - It says “Sky”
Taz - Close enough.
Taz - I’ve worked in the same company with Lacey for a month and she hasn’t said hello to me. Very conceited young lady. She’s like a schmohawk!
(after ODB does a Bronco Buster)Tenay - Is that the Bronco Muncher!?
Taz - CHRISTY GOING FOR THE FIRECROTCH…
Stevie - SO CHRIS, YOU WANNA BE A MONSTER!? YOU WANAN BE A MONSTER AT THE MONSTER’S BALL AND TRY TO DESTROY DAFFNEY!? COME HERE TONIGHT AND SEE FACE TO FACE THE MONSTER THAT YOU CREATED IN ME!?
Taz - This proves to me that Dr. Stevie is truly insane. ABYSS IS A BLOODTHIRSTY, GROTESQUE MONSTER!
Taz - Dr. Stevie and I spent a lot of time in the original ECW, and if you wanna get extreme with Stevie, he can.
(after a guardrail shot)Taz - THAT EXTREMELY HURTS!
Taz - If I had psychological issues, which I don’t, I would NOT go to Dr. Stevie.
Tenay - WHAT DOES THIS PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN HOGAN AND TNA MEAN TO EVERYONE!?
Taz - HULKAMANIA’S RUNNING WILD IN TNA!
Tenay - WE’LL HAVE FOOTAGE OF TNA’S BIGGEST ANNOUNCEMENT EVER LATER!
(after Stevie attacks Abyss after Abyss wins)Tenay - WHO CARES ABOUT THE MATCH WHEN YOU WIN THE POST-MATCH BATTLE!?
Tenay - FOLEY AND ABYSS’S EYES MEET!
JB - Mick, what was that?
Mick - No comment, JB!
JB - It’s me, JB! I NEED MORE THAN THAT!
Mick - What happened out there is between me and Abyss and that is all the people need to KNOW! HOHOHO!
Tenay - Is he channeling Baron Von Raschke!?
Taz - Or Lacey Von Erich.
Taz - GULP!
Tenay - MORGAN’S GONNA GO CHOKESLAM!
Rhino - HERNANDEZ, MORGAN! ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE IN TNA AND NOBODY’S GONNA TAKE OUT RHINO!
Daniels - We need to talk.
Joe - So talk.
Daniels - I oughta break your face for trying to twist AJ around!
Joe - When I told him that you might beat him, he rolled his eyes. Think about that the next time he looks at you. Or down at you. However that works.
Cide - I WANT MY TITLE SHOT! ME VERSUS RED AT TURNING POINT!
DW - I think that’s a good idea!
Cide - Dis your wifey? I’m gonna hold this till Turning Point!
Taz - Don West just got rolled!
Tenay - He’s gonna need a ride to the Impact Zone. Will he fit in your rental?
Lauren - IS AJ OKAY!? (medic shows his glove is covered in blood as he holds AJ‘s head)
Taz - I’ve heard some scuttlebutt that Wolfe has this lariat-like clothesline that’s just lethal!
Tenay - GERMAN SUPLEX! WAIT I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT, CHRIS SABIN IS GONNA BE OKAY! HOW ABOUT THAT THIRD GERMAN!?
Tenay - I THINK EARL HEBNER’S SAYING THAT KURT ANGLE CAN’T MOVE!
Wolfe - I’LL END YOUR CAREER HERE AND NOW!
Taz - God, I hope Kurt’s okay.
Tenay - IT’S TIME FOR THE FOOTAGE FROM NYC DOCUMENTING THE PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN HULK HOGAN, TNA, AND DIXIE CARTER!
Hogan - It’s nice to be back in the house that Hogan built. I’d like to introduce you to my new business partner - DIXIE CARTER FROM TNA! WE’RE GETTING BACK IN THE RING BIG-TIME!
Dixie - There’s no single name that defines an industry more than Hulk Hogan. He’s a pop icon, and on behalf of everyone in TNA, we are so thrilled to have you join our company. A little over 7 years ago, we were a TV show that broadcast on PPV to tens of thousands, and now, we’ve got Hulk Hogan!
Hogan - I’m getting back in the mix in TNA, because this is the company that’s gonna be leading the way in the future.
Hogan - I want to make this the number 1 sports entertainment company in the business! WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE GREATEST NETWORK OF ALL TIME, SPIKE TV, AND TNA, RUN WILD ON YOU!

[quote name='guyver2077']Hulkamania!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

whatcha gonna do!!!!![/QUOTE]

be annoyed hogan is back on TV mostly

[quote name='mykevermin']Someone is pretty uninformed. Police don't release people facing drug charges? Sheesh.[/QUOTE]

Really.

He also doesn't seem to know about the term, bail.

They went out of their way to destroy Booker's two TNA contributions, Kong destroyed his backstage set and EY renamed the Legends title.

[quote name='Purple Flames']
I find it sad that an animatronic doll can cut a better promo than half the WWE roster.[/QUOTE]

Nobody fucks with the Chuck :lol:

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']As much as the full "Desmond Wolfe" name works for me in full, when said as just "Mr. Wolfe", it seems incredibly stupid. The wolf howl in the theme is also a little wacky, too. [/QUOTE]

I'm a little late but Nigel's new name was most likely inspired by Winston Wolfe from Pulp Fiction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEd55fOv6jc

It would also explain why the announcer kept bring up the possibility he was brought in to take Angle out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumored spoiler for A.J. Styles' attacker.

Tomko.

For some reason, that possibility escaped my mind.

Last edited:
[quote name='Mr. Beef']Good god, I've never been more attracted to Beth and Mickie before tonight.[/QUOTE]

You can't just drop a comment like that without pics!

Mickie dressed like Electra = DAMN.

Beth destroying Jobber Chick was just incredibly attractive. Still not sure why, but...fuck. Maybe it was the way she delicately brushed her hair away from her eyes after the win. Although that was more funny than hot...slightly.

Disc 1: Documentary & NWA Matches

Chapters:
*Origins of Wrestling
*"An American Hero" Frank Gotch
*Ed "Strangler" Lewis
*National Wrestling Alliance
*Lou Thesz
*Buddy Rogers
*New Breed of Champions
*1970s World Champions
*A Flair for the Gold
*Crockett's World Champion
*NWA to WCW
*WCW Withdraws From NWA
*Revolving WCW Champions
*The Undisputed Championship*World Championship Returns
*Legacy Lives

Matches
*Chicago 1961 - 2 out of 3 Falls: Pat O'Connor vs. Buddy Rogers
*Florida 2/11/69 - Gene Kiniski vs. Dory Funk Jr.
*Florida 12/10/75 - Jack Brisco vs. Terry Funk
*Florida 8/21/79 - Harley Race vs. Dusty Rhodes
*AWA SuperClash - Ric Flair vs. Magnum TA
*Great American Bash '90 - Ric Flair vs. Sting

Disc 2 - WCW

*Clash of Champions XIV - Ric Flair vs. Scott Steiner
*Great American Bash '91 - Lex Luger vs. Barry Windham
*Baltimore 8/2/92 - Vader vs. Ron Simmons
*WCW SaturdayNight 10/16/93 - Vader vs. Ricky Steamboat
*Halloween Havoc '94 - Career vs. Career Steel Cage Match: Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair
*SuperBrawl VIII - Sting vs. Hollywood Hogan
*Nitro 7/6/98 - Hollywood Hogan vs. Goldberg
*Bash at the Beach '00 - Jeff Jarrett vs. Booker T
*No Mercy '01 - The Rock vs. Chris Jericho

Disc 3 - WWE
*Unforgiven '02 - Triple H vs. Rob Van Dam
*Taboo Tuesday '04 - Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels
*No Way Out '06 - Kurt Angle vs. The Undertaker
*SmackDown 4/7/06 - Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton
*Armageddon '07 - Batista vs. Undertaker vs. Edge
*Survivor Series '08 - John Cena vs. Chris Jericho
*Extreme Rules '09 - Ladder Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Edge

Match listing for WWE "History of the World Heavyweight Championship BIG GOLD BELT" DVD set.

Yeah, of course it's WWE-heavy, but it's loaded for real. "WWE heavy" means they get 1 whole disc and change in a 3-disc set, and that third disc features the SEVEN AND A HALF STAR (because being on the internet means you can rate matches whatever you want) No Way Out title match between Kurt Angle and the Undertaker. All kidding aside, that match still sticks out in my mind as one of the best wrestling matches in the past 5 years easy.

I will likely be buying this set.

EDIT: Plus I wanna see the documentary chapter called "Revolving WCW Champions." Because you KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that WWE will have the chutzpah to claim WCW hotshotted their belts around too much. Heh.

I'm mad cause my local MyTV station had technical problems last night so I missed all of Smackdown.

Just watched Impact and I was so happy that Lacy didn't wear those ugly as black boots. She is fucking horrible in the ring.

That's a nice match list. The Flair/TA match is particularly difficult to find.

[quote name='mykevermin']EDIT: Plus I wanna see the documentary chapter called "Revolving WCW Champions." Because you KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that WWE will have the chutzpah to claim WCW hotshotted their belts around too much. Heh.[/QUOTE]

With Edge commenting on it being a highlight.

Excellent match listing - I'm glad to see the Hogan-Flair cage match included. I've been watching the DVDVR Memphis set today, and this thing is full of hilarity. A guy called Mark Guileen does a really low-rent Sinister Minister impression while putting over Teijo Kahn and saying that he went to "the darkest part of Africa" to find a wrestler that is TOTALLY AWESOME! - UMAMBA THE JUNGLE SAVAGE!

eddiesdead.gif

So..... it looks like Eddie once again is being dug out of his grave for a heel turn. Wonderful. :roll:

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Why would you use that sacrifice on a chick that looks like a dude?[/QUOTE]

Woman.

0624a.jpg

Woman that looks like man.

nic14yh.jpg

Your hyperbole is at Bill Walton levels. Now, if you don't like Beth that is a reasonable comment, but to say Beth looks like a man is either indicative of hyperbole, bad eyesight, or Bizarro World where up is down and good is bad.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Your hyperbole is at Bill Walton levels. Now, if you don't like Beth that is a reasonable comment, but to say Beth looks like a man is either indicative of hyperbole, bad eyesight, or Bizarro World where up is down and good is bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, post a photo from a professional photoshoot and compare it to some candid. Very fair.

lillian.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/de/Beth_Phoenix_No_Mercy_2007_No_Crop.jpg

If you got a crush on her, whatever but Beth has a very manly/square face. She's not as bad as Chyna or Nicole Bass but that doesn't change the fact.

[quote name='Sporadic']Yeah, post a photo from a professional photoshoot and compare it to some candid. Very fair.[/QUOTE]

It's Nicole Bass.

It will never be fair unless she has a twin she doesn't know about. Pro compared to candid is irrelevant. It's like asking people to choose between a happy meal or a steak thinking if they are both on a plate the happy meal has an equal chance of being picked. It's still a happy meal.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Your hyperbole is at Bill Walton levels. Now, if you don't like Beth that is a reasonable comment, but to say Beth looks like a man is either indicative of hyperbole, bad eyesight, or Bizarro World where up is down and good is bad.[/QUOTE]

Calm down, newsbot. I can't help it if I'm not attracted to a "woman" with Hulk Hogan's arms and C.C. DeVille's face.

[quote name='Demolition Man']
eddiesdead.gif

So..... it looks like Eddie once again is being dug out of his grave for a heel turn. Wonderful. :roll:[/QUOTE]

So that's why Vicki is back. So they could use Eddie?

[quote name='niceguyshawne']So that's why Vicki is back. So they could use Eddie?[/QUOTE]

I know it has been 4 years, but I think it is pretty tasteless to use Eddie for a angle.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I know it has been 4 years, but I think it is pretty tasteless to use Eddie for a angle.[/QUOTE]

Compared to what they were doing for a full year after his death, I don't think it was tasteless at all. Heck, not even compared to that. If they don't drag his name through the TV show again, I think that one-off comment last Friday was okay and actually added to the feud in a fantastic way.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Well, I'm hard.[/QUOTE]

no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no.

GTFO with that. Keep that to yourself.

Jay the gamefan's weird-o ass shots are one level of creepy, man, but this is way above and beyond the kinda stuff that should be talked about on a game site?

Is it a good photograph? Yes. CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT?

[quote name='bornrunnin31']I like this picture:
divas.jpg

I'll let the rest of you come up with captions.[/QUOTE]

Holy Shit! HLA! HLA! HLA! HLA!

[quote name='bornrunnin31']I like this picture:
divas.jpg

I'll let the rest of you come up with captions.[/QUOTE]

Not quite a caption, but a reaction.

64204-VGMPXSC.gif

[quote name='GuilewasNK']It's Nicole Bass.

It will never be fair unless she has a twin she doesn't know about. Pro compared to candid is irrelevant. It's like asking people to choose between a happy meal or a steak thinking if they are both on a plate the happy meal has an equal chance of being picked. It's still a happy meal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think you got it at all.

I know it (the second picture you posted) is Nicole Bass. That is why I said good job of comparing a photo of Beth from a professional photoshoot to some candid of Nicole Bass.

I then posted some candids of Beth that were much more revealing and realistic compared to your airbrushed, taken at the perfect angle photo. Finally I ended it with saying that while she isn't as manish as Nicole Bass or Chyna, she still has a very manly/square build/jaw.

Professionally taken:

0624a.jpg

Candid:

bethj.jpg

Trying to say that whether the picture is professional taken or candid is irrelevant is like saying whether something is fantasy or reality is irrelevant.

Hitting you with your own... "logic", here: You do realize that candid photos can make someone look like shit, right..?

And her jawline frames her face well. I wouldn't call it "manly".

[quote name='Brak']Hitting you with your own... "logic", here: You do realize that candid photos can make someone look like shit, right..?[/QUOTE]

They can but they aren't designed to. Which is exactly what a professional photo like GuilewasNK posted does.

Beauty is subjective but if I posted a glamour shots photo or a photo taken from a MySpace angle to try and make a point of how beautiful somebody is, guess what? That's not reality. That's using tricks and airbrushing and angles to try and make somebody look better than they really are.

Same with comparing somebody to the fucking elephant man.

If I said, hey Chyna ain't that bad cause she aint this fucking thing

83595mainfull.jpg

,you would think I was nuts.

And I don't even think Beth is a dog or anything (even though she has some manly features), I just hated how misleading his post was. If that is the type of person you like, awesome but don't try to justify it with what is the equivalent of a misleading bar graph.

gpbushunemployment.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this has definitely gone off-topic, what's the consensus from Beth Phoenix faps fans on Serena Williams (again)?

Serena-Williams3.jpg

serena-williams.jpg

serena-williams-bluedress.jpg

NSFW
SERENA_WILLIAMS_BIG_BLACK_BOOTY.jpg

[quote name='neocisco']Since this has definitely gone off-topic, what's the consensus from Beth Phoenix faps fans on Serena Williams (again)?[/QUOTE]

Aside from the similar arm/shoulder musculature, I don't they have any physical similarities in their figures at all.

I didn't mean to imply that they do. I just wondered if those who found Beth attractive also find Serena attractive seeing as how both of them have a defined muscularity. I guess I'm just wondering if that's a big part of the attraction of Beth for some. Personally, I definitely see the appeal in both of them. They both have some of what is typically thought of as masculine features due to their muscularity yet they still very much retain their femininity.

Nicole Bass, on the other hand...yeesh, talk about "through hellfire and brimstone".

bread's done
Back