Chairman_LMAO's official dv8mad LOWBALL is OVER! TOTALS IN THE OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the deal with these Call of Duty games? Are they seriously that popular? Are they seriously that good...?

I know maybe one person that plays Call of Duty, and he doesn't even own a video game system...

[quote name='phoenix529']What is the deal with these Call of Duty games? Are they seriously that popular? Are they seriously that good...?

I know maybe one person that plays Call of Duty, and he doesn't even own a video game system...[/QUOTE]

The multiplayer is EXTREMELY popular. As for overall popularity Gamestop said it was the highest pre-ordered game ever and expects it to be the highest selling console game ever as well. If you enjoy multiplayer games then you really cant get much better but the single player is good but not great (about 5-6 hours to beat).

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I can't wait till the MW2 launch, so people will shut up about it.[/QUOTE]

I am with you on that one. Personally I thought the original was a bit over rated (atleast for me, it got so much praise that I was a bit let down when I played it).

But as for ending your lowball sale on the night of the release might not have been the best choice even if you did not have to work all night.

Just became a Goozex member. As it turns out, my local Family Video has two copies of GH5 for sale for $30 each, and it is still worth 1000 points, the same amount of points brand new games are awarded.

Hell. Yeah.

I got a goozex account earlier this summer. I only did it cause I found 150-200 point games for ~$3. I got something like 600 points, used my trade token to get Rogue Galaxy, and never traded again :lol:

Goozex is awesome! :D

Anyway, just had this huge epiphany and decided I'm gonna sell off my PS2 collection.

I should be studying.. but I'm procrastinating.

Modern Warfare 2 is gonna pwn.. hopefully. I actually pre-ordered it.

Bloop.

Bump.

Bamf!

[quote name='mis0']

Anyway, just had this huge epiphany and decided I'm gonna sell off my PS2 collection.
[/QUOTE]

Don't tell me that. I shouldn't be spending any more money, but I'm a sucker for PS2 games.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Don't tell me that. I shouldn't be spending any more money, but I'm a sucker for PS2 games.[/QUOTE]

I'm EXACTLY the same. I'm the epitome of Cheap Ass Gamer... See, I'm going back and building up my PS2 collection now... I can get used PS2 games for between $3-$10, and I like how that sounds. Hopefully when I'm happy with my PS2 collection, used PS3 games will be cheaper.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Don't tell me that. I shouldn't be spending any more money, but I'm a sucker for PS2 games.[/QUOTE]

Me too, and because of this I'm suddenly filled with dread at the thought of someone selling off their PS2 collection on CAG :lol:

Well, there's actually another guy trying to sell pretty much every worthwhile PS2 game ever made via CAG right now, but anything of his that I want he only has sealed copies of and so it's $159902983 a game. What's a guy gotta do to get a used copy of Xenosaga III in the $20 range?

[quote name='fwbweux']

Well, there's actually another guy trying to sell pretty much every worthwhile PS2 game ever made via CAG right now, but anything of his that I want he only has sealed copies of and so it's $159902983 a game. What's a guy gotta do to get a used copy of Xenosaga III in the $20 range?[/QUOTE]

Drive to every Gamestop in the land? :D

[quote name='bvharris']Drive to every Gamestop in the land? :D[/QUOTE]

Why did I know that you were going to reply with that? :lol:

I really need to work up the motivation to make the 19-mile trip to the closest Gamestop that has a copy. If it's disc-only, I'll just buy a box + manual from ebay and curse my bad luck.

[quote name='fwbweux']Why did I know that you were going to reply with that? :lol:

I really need to work up the motivation to make the 19-mile trip to the closest Gamestop that has a copy. If it's disc-only, I'll just buy a box + manual from ebay and curse my bad luck.[/QUOTE]

I would only buy from gamestop if it's a game I couldn't find anywhere else and they had it for a good price. We have 3 other used game stores that offer the newest releases used at $35, and usually give Gamestop a run for their money for most of older used games. Good luck on finding it though! I had Xenosaga Ep I a while ago, played it a little bit and sold it... But I did just pick it up again yesterday. I'm sure it'll go better this time :D

I never really completed my PS2 collection. I only got into console games again this past March (when I joined CAG).. and my PS2 collection 100+ games is just mostly poop as it's missing some vital pieces I never wanted to drop the cash on.. especially since I picked up a PS3 just a couple months later.

Got my copy of MW2, see you guys on PSN. Not C_LMAO though. :lol:

I didn't check the whole thread to see if this's been mentioned already, but in your guides spoiler foto, there's a Dragon Quest VIII guide, but no listing for it...

[quote name='Vulgarism']I would only buy from gamestop if it's a game I couldn't find anywhere else and they had it for a good price. We have 3 other used game stores that offer the newest releases used at $35, and usually give Gamestop a run for their money for most of older used games. Good luck on finding it though! I had Xenosaga Ep I a while ago, played it a little bit and sold it... But I did just pick it up again yesterday. I'm sure it'll go better this time :D[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly, Gamestop has come through for me on a lot of stuff over the years. Between the employees and the sticker gunk they kind of suck on principle, but I still find pretty nice stuff there from time to time. Unfortunately around me, no indie game stores really challenge their prices. There's one that dabbles equally in new and vintage stuff that I frequent, but they're equal or higher than GS on their used prices and even higher on their vintage stuff (2x-3x ebay sometimes.) I buy a PS1 RPG at collector prices from them every now and again, but that's about it.

I'd love to have a place around me where new-ish releases went for $35 used, though Gamestop is getting better about this. Their prices for used games are slightly lower than they used to be, their online store has free shipping and the box + manual guarantee for current-gen stuff, and there's always the Edge + CAG16 combo (which I've yet to try but plan on doing so, as I recently got an Edge card to help out a friend who wasn't meeting his quota.)

It's probably going to be forever until I finally track down a reasonable copy of Xenosaga III, but I'm by no means giving up. And you can bet on hearing me complain about still not having a copy every now and then :lol:

Xenosaga III, duly noted. I'll be looking around for ya, bud.

dfg, DQVIII isn't for sale. I think it's in the spoiler on the main post somewhere.

Yeah, that DQ guide isn't for sale. It was accidentally in the stack, and I didn't feel like taking another picture.

I'm surprised the MGS4 artbook isn't selling for more. I got ripped off when I bought it, and was hoping to make some of that money back. Ah well.

Updated!

[quote name='phoenix529']Xenosaga III, duly noted. I'll be looking around for ya, bud.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Between here and my trade list, I now have a small army of people searching for games for me :lol:

OutRun-3
Sub Terrania-1
Hard Drivin'-3
Areowings 2 (disc only, former rental)-1
Vigilante 8 2nd Offense (disc only, former rental)-1
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six (no manual)-1

Doesn't sound like me. :D

If you can convince Chairman to make 2nd place free shipping instead of a picture of himself, I'll gladly let you have it.

Bump!

So glad that this lowball charges actual S&H costs, as I may come back in a couple of hours with a flurry of $1 bids on unclaimed stuff. Hands off the GBA games, guys ;)

Also, anyone that wants Wario Land or Donkey Kong Land 2 is free to outbid me on it. I'm trying to get a complete copy of Breath of Fire GBA off of a fellow iTrader and I want to be able to make a respectable offer.

[quote name='phoenix529']
See what happens when bvharris whines? :lol:
[/QUOTE]

You get a GBA SP and I probably get free shipping. Everyone wins!

Your sale is really not picking up.

Geometry Wars Galaxies - $4
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $2
Xevious - $1
Game Boy Color - $4.50
Link's Awakening - $2.50

Geometry Wars: Galaxies $4.50

I'm considering snapping up all of those unclaimed GBA games. Whoever you got those from really liked Cartoon Network.

[quote name='fwbweux']
Do you really want to risk pushing bvharris into third place? ;)[/QUOTE]

I'd strongly advise against it. :D

[quote name='bvharris']I'd strongly advise against it. :D[/QUOTE]

Quick, outbid me on Donkey Kong Land 2 so you can have a little more leeway in case I have to defend something! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back