Changes to gamestop.com (stop your gs bashing!!!)

[quote name='monkeydeew']no, chitown is the dick and i want him out of my thread. he kept saying i'm on his ignore list but he keeps flaming me on the forums. phear i dont have beef with you[/quote]
i know you dont, but read cheapassgamer's comments as i see that there wasnt anything wrong with chitown's reply either.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I really don't see what's wrong with Chitowns' posts
[/quote]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
People don't like Gamestop and will NEVER BE HAPPY with the changes they're implementing, that much is certain, but do you have to comment EVERY time someone vents on their disgust with the company?

People have differing opinions that won't always mesh with yours, you take the comments and move on, not dwell on them and name call.

Many people on here dislike Gamestop, some people will have radically different views than your own, accept that fact and MOVE ON.[/quote]

[quote name='CheapyD']When the marketing manager emailed me to tell me about the coupon codes, I wrote him back suggesting they re-implement this. Next week, I think I'll make a front page post announcing the coupons and suggest that CAGs send feedback with this request.[/quote]
i think its a great idea as well to post the email link to send feedback to GS regarding no case/manual.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']I over heard employees talking that they were to phase out all xbox and gamecube games by the end of this year....[/quote]

hahaha thats funny. So that means they won't be able to have some of the overpriced hard to find GC games. Funny

Also, Cheapy posting on the front page with a link is a great Idea. Maybe if enough people make it known (in a civil fashion) it will get the issue resolved.

Well, I think requesting that GS "guarantee" that all games come with manual/cover won't get you anywhere because then GS either has to stop taking trade-in's on games that don't include manual/cover, or only sell those games in store.

What is a reasonable request though is for them to distinguish between "complete" and "disc only" on the website. I mean, if they can track the availability of games at each store, this should not be that difficult. It's just an added inventory procedure really. How much more confident would you be in GS.com if you KNEW what you were getting? I'd think that confidence would be invaluable to a marketing guy.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']I over heard employees talking that they were to phase out all xbox and gamecube games by the end of this year....[/quote]

Although it would be stupid for them to do it. Since there still quite a few people out there that still haven't jumped to a current gen system because they're still comfortable with a last gen system(like me).

I can understand if it's a space issue. Many GS stores really are crammed right now cause of people dumping crappy games like Vampire Rain & Fuzion Frenzy 2, that they're overcrowded. A lot of them now have Xbox & GC games in bins, which is exactly where the N64, PS1, DC games were when they were being phased off.

It's not just GS, i swear Game Crazy is slowing phasing out their stuff. I've noticed that their Xbox & GC sections have been slowly shrinking lately.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Although it would be stupid for them to do it. Since there still quite a few people out there that still haven't jumped to a current gen system because they're still comfortable with a last gen system(like me).

I can understand if it's a space issue. Many GS stores really are crammed right now cause of people dumping crappy games like Vampire Rain & Fuzion Frenzy 2, that they're overcrowded. A lot of them now have Xbox & GC games in bins, which is exactly where the N64, PS1, DC games were when they were being phased off.

It's not just GS, i swear Game Crazy is slowing phasing out their stuff. I've noticed that their Xbox & GC sections have been slowly shrinking lately.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about your GS, but all of mine have 2-3 racks each completely full of GC and XB crap. Most of the PS2 games are still shelved though they're now mostly shelved so you can only see the spine (vs the front cover).

I'd definitely say it's a space issue as they seem to be pushing for more 360/Wii space.

BTW, anyone know when they're going to get the site up? I'd like to search some stores for stuff but obviously can't. Really sucks too as I won't be able to go until Thursday, the day the coupon expires.

Hmm so I can now use giftcards as online payment and since I don't have a credit card I am extremely happy. Plus the 26% off any used game is well excellent.

I mean I still hate gamestop but they are getting better.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Although it would be stupid for them to do it. Since there still quite a few people out there that still haven't jumped to a current gen system because they're still comfortable with a last gen system(like me).

It's not just GS, i swear Game Crazy is slowing phasing out their stuff. I've noticed that their Xbox & GC sections have been slowly shrinking lately.[/quote]
i think they should keep them too but the DM said it was for lack of sales and that xbox games aren't worth anything anymore....

if thats true they should sell me Halo for $2 : ]

Well, I was able to get the Edge and SAVER to stack, but no luck on CAG16, even though I had a used game in my cart.

EDIT: Oh, has anyone actually found out how the "Edge Card Credits" will work?

My main resentment for GS stems from their next gen pre-orders and how poorly they handled them. Prior to that I was indifferent about them but after my experience I vowed never to purchase games there again. I really wanted to get a PS3 and Wii at launch. I know how much their employees love to nag you about pre-orders whenever you shop there so as soon as they announced the release dates for both consoles at E3 I thought “I might as well go to the pre-order capital of the world”. I was told that they didn't have the SKUs in the system for pre-order but they took my name down on a list (I was #1 on lists at 3 different stores in my area) and was told I would be called as soon as they could do them. I also told them I would be willing to prepay the entire price if I had to.

I checked with the store closest to me weekly and kept getting told me they weren't sure if and when they would do the pre-orders but the reassured me I would be called. When they finally did the pre-orders and made the decision to throw out the lists and open them up on a first come first serve basis that was the last straw for me. I had been trying to pre-order those consoles for 9 months but my pre-order goes to someone that got up a few hours early and lined up on the morning they decided to start taking orders? I'm sure I wasn't the only one this happened to.

The only reason I will go there now is to spend my free $25 GC I got from the e-rewards site.

Oh yay, my complete order history disappeared. :wall: Again.

They did this last time when they redid the EB website to be the clone of the GS site, so any order history I had with EB.com before the change went poof. :wall:

Now, they did this redo of the site, and look, the order history is gone again. :wall: :wall:

Whomever runs their IT department should be assraped with a splinter-packed telephone pole. I can't imagine how they can let this kind of sloppy work happen and lose such important information.

[quote name='shrike4242']Oh yay, my complete order history disappeared. :wall: Again.

They did this last time when they redid the EB website to be the clone of the GS site, so any order history I had with EB.com before the change went poof. :wall:

Now, they did this redo of the site, and look, the order history is gone again. :wall: :wall:

Whomever runs their IT department should be assraped with a splinter-packed telephone pole. I can't imagine how they can let this kind of sloppy work happen and lose such important information.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I did one of those backordered items... I'm trying to check if that's still there but the site isso damn slow.

Very interesting....I'll be buying from EB/GS a lot more.

I'm curious about the EB Edge Credits. If anyone has information on it, then please email me.

[quote name='Ichigo1993']Very interesting....I'll be buying from EB/GS a lot more.

I'm curious about the EB Edge Credits. If anyone has information on it, then please email me.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm curious, too. All it says is that you get them for trading in games. Doesn't specify when it will begin, how many you'll get, and how you'll be able to use them. Probably won't be anything overwhelming, but it's an added incentive to dump crap on them, when they have good trade bonuses.

Cheapy, any chance you could look into getting SAVER to stack with other coupons? Otherwise I guess I'll just be waiting to see how they deal with their preorder->store pickup bit.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Well, I was able to get the Edge and SAVER to stack, but no luck on CAG16, even though I had a used game in my cart.

EDIT: Oh, has anyone actually found out how the "Edge Card Credits" will work?[/quote] Use CAG15.
CAG16 is only for orders $50 or more.

[quote name='botticus']Cheapy, any chance you could look into getting SAVER to stack with other coupons? Otherwise I guess I'll just be waiting to see how they deal with their preorder->store pickup bit.[/QUOTE]

i second this

AFF25 and Edge won't stack...not that that's really surprising. Maybe it's just me, but with all the 10-25% coupons we've had lately, the standard 10% + free shipping doesn't have me jumping out of my seat the way it used to. I think I need 35% off or 25% + free shipping to feel satisfied.

Ok, I can't get SAVER to work to..um...saver my life *ba dum ching!* I'm trying to test the water on some old $0.99 games that are in stock. The only "discount" I have applied is my edge card. Saver is listed as being applied, but the $2.99 value shipping charge is still there? Anybody else having this problem?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ok, I can't get SAVER to work to..um...saver my life *ba dum ching!* I'm trying to test the water on some old $0.99 games that are in stock. The only "discount" I have applied is my edge card. Saver is listed as being applied, but the $2.99 value shipping charge is still there? Anybody else having this problem?[/quote]

*raises hand*

Having the exact same problem. :|

I'm pretty sure SAVER has been confirmed to not work... CAG15 and CAG16 still work supposedly.

I'm really saddened to hear that EDGE won't stack with AFF25 though and the ordering backordered items trick no longer seems to work.:whistle2:(

Is GS slow as hell for anyone else?

EDIT* fuck... AFF does't even work.

[quote name='Bavgate']*raises hand*

Having the exact same problem. :|[/quote]

This is really lame. I thought maybe it could be a price issue (new minimum?). But adding a $54.99 game did nothing. I even tried it on IE instead of Firefox. Didn't help. The website runs like 10x faster in IE though.

I'm going to be pissed if the website is considering my edge discount to be a "promotion"...since it says you can't combine to get SAVER. That's just as dumb as when those register monkeys won't stack your edge with a coupon.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Well, I was able to get the Edge and SAVER to stack, but no luck on CAG16, even though I had a used game in my cart.[/quote]

not according to this

[quote name='n8rockerasu']not according to this[/QUOTE]

Huh... weird.

Where do we put in the EDGE card anyway? I thought it be in the check but apparently not.

Found it.

EDIT* Nevermind... it works for me now too. Got EDGE, SAVER, and CAG15. Too bad GS.com keeps dying randomly...

EDIT2* Nevermind again, SAVER didn't stack- EDGE and CAG15 do though.

Ugh, I want to use the rest of my trade credit, but I only have enough to buy the game if SAVER is applied.

Guess it works for everyone else but me. :cry:

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']My Edge card doesnt work..It has a white sticker[/quote]

hmm...do you have a Game Informer subscription, or are you one of those $2 mail order Edge people? I wouldn't think it would matter, but the website does specifically state "for Game Informer subscribers".

[quote name='Vinny']EDIT* Nevermind... it works for me now too. Got EDGE, SAVER, and CAG15. Too bad GS.com keeps dying randomly...

EDIT2* Nevermind again, SAVER didn't stack- EDGE and CAG15 do though.[/quote]

I think this might explain the other post I quoted too. People might be "applying" the discounts, seeing that they "stack", but not following through with the transaction. It gives all appearances that SAVER is working until you get to the final page and it shows the shipping charge.

I hope this isn't permanent because it would mean that unless you're buying an item over $20, you'd be better off just going to the store. Paying for shipping sucks!

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']Mines from the $2 one....IS your sticker yellow or white?[/quote]

mine's yellow...and I renewed in store with the GI subscription. I'd say we've found our first drawback of the $2 Edge card. Those tricky tricky GameStop bastards!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']mine's yellow...and I renewed in store with the GI subscription. I'd say we've found our first drawback of the $2 Edge card. Those tricky tricky GameStop bastards![/quote]

I've got a white sticker from the $2 Edge card and I can't apply it online.
I would assume that they would still accept it in B&M...?

well fine with me... since now I can't order backordered items, what's the worth in that now.

guess they just want me to make an appearance in stores... :bouncy:

Hi All,

I am responding on behalf of the GameStop.com/EBgames.com folks. Apologies for the confusion regarding the coupons. These obviously aren't working properly and we will ensure they are fixed as soon as possible, hopefully by Monday at the latest.

Our intent is that CAG16 will stack with Edge 10% and Saver, giving CAG users 26% off used games and free value shipping. The only threshold planned is a $25 minimum on the free shipping offer.

The Edge discount is intended for all Edge member subscribers, whether acquired with a Game Informer subscription or through the $2.00 offer. We will check on that as well.

Thank you for your patience as we work out the kinks!

Best To All,
Retroactive

...a GS lackey posting here? Amazing! :D

Since your name is retroactive, do you think you could change the in-store locater back to the way it use to be, or at least add the mileage radius option again? I'd prefer being able to specify a mileage radius rather than have it bring up the "closest stores" 50-60 miles away from my city.

[quote name='Callandor']...a GS lackey posting here? Amazing! :D

Since your name is retroactive, do you think you could change the in-store locater back to the way it use to be, or at least add the mileage radius option again? I'd prefer being able to specify a mileage radius rather than have it bring up the "closest stores" 50-60 miles away from my city.[/QUOTE]

Well, if I'm not mistaken, GS.com (or was it EB.com, or both?) has had an affiliation with CAG for some time so I'm not surprised. But I'm with you, I don't like the new in store locator thing. It'll show something as being in stock, get me all excited, and then I'll realize it's 150 miles away.:lol:

It would be great if SAVER, CAG15/16 and EDGE stacked though.

For me, with my information saved, when I look up a game, it is automatically giving me the three closest locations that have it in stock, which I think is pretty cool.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']For me, with my information saved, when I look up a game, it is automatically giving me the three closest locations that have it in stock, which I think is pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's one cool thing... it caches your zip so you don't have to re-enter it every time you close your browser.

[quote name='Callandor']...a GS lackey posting here? Amazing! :D

Since your name is retroactive, do you think you could change the in-store locater back to the way it use to be, or at least add the mileage radius option again? I'd prefer being able to specify a mileage radius rather than have it bring up the "closest stores" 50-60 miles away from my city.[/quote]

I agree that it is sort of pointless, since unless I'm more determined to get a game than I ever have been before, I'm not going to drive more than 15 miles for it. I do like the fact that it just automatically tells you now though. Since they obviously have the information though, I wish there was a way to look up the stores near me and simply see a list of the games they had in stock the last time the system was updated. I guess GS has little reason to give us such a feature, but it sure would be nice.

Hey Callandor,

Thanks for the feedback.

With rare titles, you may indeed find the closest store with available product is pretty far away. While we're not suggesting you make a 100 mile trek, we figured folks would rather see where the closest game is, than see a blank result. You never know when a friend or relative will show pity on you and pick up that rare Collector's Edition from their local store. ;)

We will evaluate adding an "advanced search" option to this in future, which will give you more control.

Best,
Retroactive

p.s. We're also extending the cookie duration, so you won't need to re-enter your Zip code everytime you visit the site. Hope this helps!

:oops: ...I called them tricky, tricky bastards, and a GS employee read it. whoops! lol...my bad :oops: Glad to see they're working on fixing it though!

Anyone else noticing some entry mess ups? Here are some examples:

• There are two entries for Odama here and here. Both claim to have the mic and both are used, while one is $10 and in stock and the other is $13 and not for sale.
• There is no entry for Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence as for as I can tell.
• There's also no entry for Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (GameStop doesn't have to carry any game they don't want to, but I really doubt they don't have copies of those games at all).
• The entry for Wario Land 1 has a picture of Wario Land 3.

Just thought I'd throw those out there.

Welcome Retroactive! I'm guessing a lot of you guys had a very long weekend.
We're all looking forward to having EBgames.com reclaim its lost glory.

*Crosses fingers that CAGs are on their best behavior*

[quote name='CheapyD']Welcome Retroactive! I'm guessing a lot of you guys had a very long weekend.
We're all looking forward to having EBgames.com reclaim its lost glory.

*Crosses fingers that CAGs are on their best behavior*[/quote]

looks awesome so far!

[quote name='CheapyD']
*Crosses fingers that CAGs are on their best behavior*[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I think we kinda blew that one.

BTW, I noticed another odd issue with the codes. I ordered 3 PS1 games (all 3 still in stock), used CAG16 and SAVER plus EDGE. But for some reason, CAG16 applied to 2 of the games, but not the third. EDGE applied to all 3.

checking gift card balance is ok, i wish it listed all the transactions though so you could report 'fraud' (even though i doubt gs/eb would do anything about it).

I really wish they didnt do away with being able to see all stores within 30-40 miles that have a game....now if a store 10-15 miles away from me has a game and I want to see if they have anything else I want before I make the trip I will have to track down the zip code etc...

[quote name='Lost Loser']Anyone else noticing some entry mess ups? Here are some examples:

• There are two entries for Odama here and here. Both claim to have the mic and both are used, while one is $10 and in stock and the other is $13 and not for sale.
• There is no entry for Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence as for as I can tell.
• There's also no entry for Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (GameStop doesn't have to carry any game they don't want to, but I really doubt they don't have copies of those games at all).
• The entry for Wario Land 1 has a picture of Wario Land 3.

Just thought I'd throw those out there.[/quote]

There's always been stuff like that. There's still no page for Haunting Ground. Fortunately, this does not bother me as much as it used to because I finally purchased a copy of the game on half.com. But yeah, sometimes games just "don't exist" with GS/EB.

One thing for people who didn't catch it. As Retroactive stated, SAVER will no longer work unless your purchase is at least $25. And that's $25 AFTER all your discounts. I kinda discovered that part on accident by adding Rayman Raving Rabbids for Wii...which started at $26.99, and SAVER did show it with free shipping. After adding Edge and CAG15, the total was down to 20.65...which then added back the $2.99 value shipping.

So far I'm just kinda indifferent about how these coupons work. Honestly, at their best, using Edge + CAG16 + SAVER on a newer used game will probably get you close to what you'd pay through Gamefly. It's definitely better than it was before...but then again, I NEVER bought anything from GS.com before. This could entice me to order online, but like most CAGs, the only way that's going to happen is if I can't get it cheaper somewhere else.

bread's done
Back