Cheap 3DS Games 2.0 - It's Back

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
vqucrx.png

*image made by Pekola

It's back. 2.0. Slowly rebuilding the thread and searching for deals.
A thread for us to keep track of cheap 3DS games and upcoming releases and deals,
If you have any deals post them in the thread and I will try and update the OP.
Or if you have deal questions ask here and we will try and help you out.

SALE SECTION

Key

SALE = SALE / AD SALE
CLE = Clearance meaning YRMV

Amazon

Bravely Second: End Layer - $24.94

- Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash - $9.68

- Codename S.T.E.A.M. - $9.15
Final Fantasy Explorers - $14.99

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience - $8.85
Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale - $14.50

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - $12.53

Best Buy

Frys

GameStop

Target

Toy R Us

Walmart

GoHastings

UPCOMING 3DS Games Section

Monster Hunter Stories - 9/8
Metroid: Samus Returns - 9/15
Pokemon Gold/Silver - 9/22
Culdcept Revolt - 10/3
LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy - 10/6
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 10/6
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth - 10/17
Pokemon Moon & Pokemon Sun -  11/17
Fire Emblem Warriors - 12/31
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - 3/31                                                                   
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux3/31 (pre-order now since it is $29)

Digimon Universe : Appli Monsters

Monster Tale Ultimate - TBA
Donkey Kong Land - TBA
Mighty No 9 - TBA
New Atelier Rorona - TBA
Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest - TBA

Hope for The West

Terry's 3D Wonderland
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3

e-shop Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one, but I'm mad that bestbuy had a bunch of things I wanted that aren't available for shipping.  So I had to fork over the shipping.  Jerks.  Didn't realize it had coins though, sweet.

Project X Zone is now 9.99 on BBY
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/project-x-zone-nintendo-3ds/8839069.p?id=1218911751828&skuId=8839069

Store Pickup only. Amazon might match, so I suggest letting them know about the price on their product page, though that would obviously mean missing out on the GCU discount: http://www.amazon.com/Project-X-Zone-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00B67ZS3U/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1424099355&sr=1-1&keywords=project+x+zone

Looks like they have some near me. Is this game worth the $10? I hear it's extremely repetitive (and not in a good way).
I wanted to play it because of all the great characters, but yes. It gets repetitive and isn't very fun. So, unless you REALLY like the cast I'd skip it.

Thanks for the heads up on Spirit Camera.  I had Best Buy price match it for $4.97 so I wouldn't have to go outside into the frozen wasteland.

$8 of gift card credit for .hack// and Xenosaga crossover fanfiction might have been worth it. Too bad there isn't a single copy anywhere near me.

I really hope Amazon does match it. None in stock around me. I remember I was excited for it when it was announced and then I completely forgot about it until now. I don't think I saw any coverage at all for this game.

Looks like they have some near me. Is this game worth the $10? I hear it's extremely repetitive (and not in a good way).
I really like that game. You fight a lot, but I really like the combat. Try the demo and if you like the character list and the combat, easily worth $10. I bought it for $35 or so at launch and got my money's worth for a run through the game. I'm probably in the minority though.

I also put in an amazon lower price notice. No best buys near me have it. Remember hearing about it a bit before launch but the earlier post about it relit its existance for me. Hope amazon matches it. Would love to give it a play

I totally forgot about this game and I just picked up the New 3DS XL, so why not attempt to grab it as well. I also sent in a report for lower price.

guys guys guys

i managed to snag the n3ds xl over the weekend. some preorders weren't pickedup on time and i got the last one from my store haha.

anyway, i only have 3 games. monster hunter 4, alpha sapphipre and majoras mask.

majoras mask is my first zelda game ever. havent tried it yet, still playing monster hunter.

what games should i play. im looking for "unique" games so to speak. from my understanding there are plenty of jrpgs that are turn based? i dont mind them as long as they have something unique going on. i tried persona 3 on my vita and it was... ok..

also there is this legal game, i think ace attorney? there is a crossover right? is that out yet? it looks interesting.

basically any game that's "unique" in some way with replayability and some length to them. appreciate any suggestions you can give, thanks!

what games should i play.

also there is this legal game, i think ace attorney? there is a crossover right? is that out yet? it looks interesting.!
All of them.

Yes, here it's also called Phoenix Wright. On 3DS there's currently two games; Dual Destinies and the crossover you mentioned Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Dual Destinies is digital only while Layton v Wright is available in physical form as well. Think we're getting the original trilogy of games at some point as well. The series are basically visual novels (lots of reading with appropriate graphics) with some puzzles and court room stuff. They're fun if you're into that.

guys guys guys

i managed to snag the n3ds xl over the weekend. some preorders weren't pickedup on time and i got the last one from my store haha.

anyway, i only have 3 games. monster hunter 4, alpha sapphipre and majoras mask.

majoras mask is my first zelda game ever. havent tried it yet, still playing monster hunter.

what games should i play. im looking for "unique" games so to speak. from my understanding there are plenty of jrpgs that are turn based? i dont mind them as long as they have something unique going on. i tried persona 3 on my vita and it was... ok..

also there is this legal game, i think ace attorney? there is a crossover right? is that out yet? it looks interesting.

basically any game that's "unique" in some way with replayability and some length to them. appreciate any suggestions you can give, thanks!
This is proof that life ain't fair.

guys guys guys

Gunman Clive - $2

Attack of the Friday Monsters - $8 (wait for it to go on sale)

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars - ~10

Puhsmo/Crashmo ~$6-10 depending on if they're on sale

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - $30

Those are a selection of fairly affordable games on the 3DS. There are plenty more, but these are just some to consider. Others will have their opinions as well.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is an SRPG that is a very good intro to the series and genre. Advance Wars was the only SRPG that I played previously but that didn't really matter.

Other RPGs: Bravely Default (demo on the eShop), Tales of the Abyss (PS2 port), Shin Megami Tensei IV (recruit and fuse demons to create your party; also a good intro to the series), Project X-Zone (SRPG that relies on combos combined with the nostalgia factor), Conception II (demo on the eShop), Shin Megami Tensei: Devil series, Etrian Odyssey series (at least 1 demo on the eShop, I believe)

Ace Attorney has Dual Destinies (eShop only: iOS release as well), the crossover that you mentioned and the trilogy collection of DS remakes (also eShop only; iOS release as well).

There a lot of unique exclusives to the 3DS branch, like Fantasy Life, Super Mario 3D Land, PokemonX/Y, Smash Bros, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, and of course the obvious, Ocarina of Time 3D

the game you are thinking of is ace attorney and there is a crossover with professor layton which is out and I do recommend it, ocarina of  time 3d is awesome as is cave story 3d if you can find a copy

The last deal was when Best Buy had them on sale combined with the GCU it was like $30. I got my copy then.
You best bet is used copy at Gamestop or GCU with Best Buy or wait for a deal.
Well actually, the lowest its been was $20 during that B1G1 one deal before ORAS came out when it glitched and the higher priced game got the discount :p

Fire Emblem: Awakening is an SRPG that is a very good intro to the series and genre. Advance Wars was the only SRPG that I played previously but that didn't really matter.
Advance Wars isn't really an SRPG, it's pretty much straight Turn-Based Strategy.

By any small chance, has anyone seen how much Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is at a WalMart? Kind of random, but.. I am wondering yet expecting full price anyway.

Was on clearance for $24 for a couple weeks at my Kmart, plus whatever percentage off clearance games. (15%-25% usually.)

I'll try my luck but the only near me is Hayward, CA and two more within.. 50 miles? The one that was in my city closed. Thanks for the responses.

edit: definitely pretty dead in the games there. A dozen copies of The Evil Within on the PS4, though.

In-store only and new copy only at GameStop

$9.99 Paper Mario Sticker Star

$9.99 Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

[quote name="Kuroko" post="12576998" timestamp="1426753378"]I just convinced another person to get Style Savvy! (at $13 it wasn't a hard sell)

Time for some more fashion shows :p[/quote]
That reminds me, does anyone who bought the game begrudgingly through the insistence of this thread have any thoughts on it?

That reminds me, does anyone who bought the game begrudgingly through the insistence of this thread have any thoughts on it?
I bought the game, but not because of this thread. It is a very girly experience, with tons of opportunities to play dress-up with all the characters in the game. You'll be constantly be assembling outfits and being graded on them. You can customize your character's hair, make-up, and attire. You compete in fashion contests in the game. I'm not a fashionable kind of girl, but I have really enjoyed the game. It is fun to experiment and see what styles I might like to wear. It is also fun to experiment with outfits I would never consider for myself. I can't imagine why guys would like this game, but there are probably some that do. I am almost certain the game doesn't allow you to play as a male, but I could be wrong.

[quote name="utopianmachine" post="12577161" timestamp="1426772047"]I bought the game, but not because of this thread. It is a very girly experience, with tons of opportunities to play dress-up with all the characters in the game. You'll be constantly be assembling outfits and being graded on them. You can customize your character's hair, make-up, and attire. You compete in fashion contests in the game. I'm not a fashionable kind of girl, but I have really enjoyed the game. It is fun to experiment and see what styles I might like to wear. It is also fun to experiment with outfits I would never consider for myself. I can't imagine why guys would like this game, but there are probably some that do. I am almost certain the game doesn't allow you to play as a male, but I could be wrong.[/quote]

I had the same thoughts. I'm a girl as well, and don't care about fashion, but this game is still fun. I had already owned the game prior to the talk on this thread, and I've read a few online reviews from guys that liked it, so it must be something that keeps everyone hooked.

Also, you can't play as a male, but you can unlock male clothes and dress them, so just as good I guess.

I hope in the next Style Savvy they allow you to go out on dates and such. I felt that while the store management and clothing selection and repeat customers part were well done, I felt that the after parties and other social events were very lacking. After winning the final contest I really didn't feel like going on in the game, but it was fun while it lasted. Well worth the $20 or so I paid for it. 

[quote name="nitrosmob" post="12577685" timestamp="1426785094"]I hope in the next Style Savvy they allow you to go out on dates and such. I felt that while the store management and clothing selection and repeat customers part were well done, I felt that the after parties and other social events were very lacking. After winning the final contest I really didn't feel like going on in the game, but it was fun while it lasted. Well worth the $20 or so I paid for it. [/quote]

I agree, other than people coming into the shop and telling me to go somewhere, I never go visiting other areas of the map. I wish there was more incentive to do that. Even just a flashing mark on the map to tell me there is something of interest, would be good(which they do when a customer asks you to go somewhere, but no other time).

Also, the after contest party is pretty lame. They should have more to do than talk to 3 people, or at least tell you when a character has nothing new to say. I always waste time talking to that main girl before I realize that she says the same damn thing at every party.

I've heard that it's pretty good, but the later battles are REALLY REALLY long.
Don't bother buying it IMHO, the game is annoyingly repetitive in all the wrong ways. I only got it and played all the way through because it was free (except paying tax).
The battles follow the same annoying structure: you start off with whatever characters you have and fight whatever enemies appeared first. After fighting for about 30 minutes and wiping out everyone except several enemies left, it's time for some lengthy dialogue, then cue the sudden appearance of a shitload more enemies that dot the whole map! :bomb: That's okay through, several allies appear to help! :whistle2:o buuuut they are on the other side of the map! :wall: So you just need to move and unite both parties together very slow and painfully across the grid for about 10 turns while wiping out the endless hordes of enemies, which takes about an hour or two. :censored: Oh and there's also the overhaxed bosses that usually comes in pairs that enjoy ambushing you halfway through when your party is split. This goes on and on again for 40 levels too. :fridge:
The later battles can last 3-5 hours, following the same formula.
What makes the game even more painful is that you have to maintain leveling each character in your party consistenly, no one should be left behind or they will be easy pickings for enemies in later stages. Items that help revive HP and attacks are scarce as there is no shop to buy them, you can only get them from defeating enemies and not all of them carry what you need.

I should pay attention to the thread. been trying to get a few old games for cheap :/
3DS Cave Story 3D
3DS Shinobi
3DS Rhythm Thief

I'm going to buy a cart only copy of cave story tomorrow for $18 giving up on trying to find CIB. Getting the last copy from gamestop tomorrow.

bread's done
Back