Cheap 3DS Games 2.0 - It's Back

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
vqucrx.png

*image made by Pekola

It's back. 2.0. Slowly rebuilding the thread and searching for deals.
A thread for us to keep track of cheap 3DS games and upcoming releases and deals,
If you have any deals post them in the thread and I will try and update the OP.
Or if you have deal questions ask here and we will try and help you out.

SALE SECTION

Key

SALE = SALE / AD SALE
CLE = Clearance meaning YRMV

Amazon

Bravely Second: End Layer - $24.94

- Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash - $9.68

- Codename S.T.E.A.M. - $9.15
Final Fantasy Explorers - $14.99

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience - $8.85
Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale - $14.50

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - $12.53

Best Buy

Frys

GameStop

Target

Toy R Us

Walmart

GoHastings

UPCOMING 3DS Games Section

Monster Hunter Stories - 9/8
Metroid: Samus Returns - 9/15
Pokemon Gold/Silver - 9/22
Culdcept Revolt - 10/3
LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy - 10/6
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 10/6
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth - 10/17
Pokemon Moon & Pokemon Sun -  11/17
Fire Emblem Warriors - 12/31
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - 3/31                                                                   
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux3/31 (pre-order now since it is $29)

Digimon Universe : Appli Monsters

Monster Tale Ultimate - TBA
Donkey Kong Land - TBA
Mighty No 9 - TBA
New Atelier Rorona - TBA
Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest - TBA

Hope for The West

Terry's 3D Wonderland
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3

e-shop Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
Monster Hunter Generations is currently on sale at Best Buy for $24.99 ($19.99 after GCU) though it may be until tomorrow only.

It's 7.99 used at GameStop. That way you can return it if you don't like it
Yeah, that's the best way to go. I bought it ages ago, and have yet to try it, but even with the mixed reviews, 10 ain't bad either way, but getting it used gives you protection.

There's a demo for CodeName STEAM on the eShop if you want to try it yourself before plopping down the $10... or at least I think it's still up...

I finally got around to playing the demo for Codename Steam and found it pretty fun. The game oozes charm and I typically love the tactical games Intelligent systems produces.  I already own a copy of the game but decided to go ahead and get a second copy for multiplayer once I tested it since it's so cheap at $9.99 on Amazon.  $8 at GS for a used copy is good too... but I never play anything within that return window so I didn't mind paying an extra $2 to have it new/sealed and delivered instead of hunting down a clean/complete/non-abused copy at GS.

Also Project X Zone 2 is $13.09 right now new on Amazon.  I think it's well worth owning for all the great cameos.  It's fantastic they put Ryo from Shenmue in this time.

For those waiting on Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, it dropped to $29.99 and sold out on Amazon.  They are still selling it at that price with a promise to charge and ship when they come in. I ordered a copy and mine just got charged tonight and it's preparing to ship.  So if you order it soon, you may actually get it sooner than you think.  Not the best deal ever, but it's reasonable considering the open/new copies at GS are $29.99 and the used are $34.99.  So I think it's the best deal going at 25% off to get a truely new/sealed copy.  GS very well may have the exclusive medal/pin bonus that came with the launch versions, but I think that'll be very YMMV at this point.

Did you price check? And no it's not just one store that has that price where it's YMMV in finding it. I checked three Walmarts in two different counties and they all came up as $9.88.

That just means your Walmart does clearance prices.

Clearance prices are determined on a store by store basis, but mainly the general manager of the store will decide.

My Walmart never does clearance prices, even though they have a clearance section of games, but they're all full price.

Doesn't look like clearance prices through, as the stores usually end the clearance price tag with $XX.00 (for example $5.00, $8.00, etc.) from what I have seen.

Picked up Bravely Second for $20 at target on clearance. I saw it at another store as well.

I just took one for a friend for xmas.

Picked up Bravely Second for $20 at target on clearance. I saw it at another store as well.

I just took one for a friend for xmas.
I meant to mention that, I grabbed a copy about two weeks or so ago from the clearance shelf.

My bad, I meant in store.
My two local stores have been almost completely cleared out of 3DS games and systems. It's good to know it's potentially $10 there. Last good discount I saw at walmart on 3DS games was Shovel Knight for $15.

Project X Zone 2 comes up on the Walmart app as 13.85 for the online price.  Not as cheap as Amazon, but also not $20, soo...  I guess if you're already buying stuff online it might be worth it?

Not sure if this is cheap or not, but WalMart here had the Amiibo version of Chibi Robo: Zip Lash for $25 in store.

Doesn't look like clearance prices through, as the stores usually end the clearance price tag with $XX.00 (for example $5.00, $8.00, etc.) from what I have seen.
I used to work at Wal Mart and prices ending in $xx.88 are clearance prices, for future reference.

Stores can determine their clearance price as they please.

While there are sometimes recommended clearance prices by corporate, the manager can determine whether or not they want to use a different price, and along with that, different models for the clearance prices.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but just noting that I'm more than familiar with the way clearance pricing works having worked in several retailers for several years, and this is how it's always been, and still is, as I'm still familiar with many who are still in this line of work.

I used to work at Wal Mart and prices ending in $xx.88 are clearance prices, for future reference.
Why hi there! :D

Not sure if this is cheap or not, but WalMart here had the Amiibo version of Chibi Robo: Zip Lash for $25 in store.

Zip Lash was $12.50 at target with amiibo figure for awhile. That is the lowest I have seen, but is no longer that price.

Stores can determine their clearance price as they please.

While there are sometimes recommended clearance prices by corporate, the manager can determine whether or not they want to use a different price, and along with that, different models for the clearance prices.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but just noting that I'm more than familiar with the way clearance pricing works having worked in several retailers for several years, and this is how it's always been, and still is, as I'm still familiar with many who are still in this line of work.
Why hi there! :D
No worries. Thanks for the insight, I guess the clearance price point is strictly a SoCal thing as our tax is already high enough.

I feel ya.

I'm up here in the Bay Area, suffering the same tax fate.

I hate living in Cali sometimes. T___T
The traffic alone drove me out of Cali, and when I go home to LA to visit, I can't leave fast enough. I think the population has doubled since I lived there in the mid 90's. The taxes where the least of my problems with that state. LOL

The traffic alone drove me out of Cali, and when I go home to LA to visit, I can't leave fast enough. I think the population has doubled since I lived there in the mid 90's. The taxes where the least of my problems with that state. LOL
Taxes may be the same, but at least San Diego traffic is nowhere near as bad as either LA or SF, and our housing isn't as crazy expensive either.

Taxes may be the same, but at least San Diego traffic is nowhere near as bad as either LA or SF, and our housing isn't as crazy expensive either.
Some of my friends here in Vegas love SD, and have gone there rather often over the years(it's their close get away spot for a few days), and have always told me how chill it is there and how nice the people are compared to most major US cities. I never got a chance to go, but based on their opinions, I always wanted to.

Thanks for the heads up on the Project X Zone 2.  Found one yesterday for $9.88. Thought I had one of the My Passport HDs for $40, but rang up for $84.  1 for 2 isn't bad.

While not a Direct 3DS deal I just returned from dollar tree and they had Yokai Watch plush dolls, the ones that are usually 6-8 dollars.

bread's done
Back