CheapAss ESPN NFL2K5 League?

Hey, this has nothing to do with the league, but I was messing around today and found out it you click the right thumbstick on the play select screens, it tells you how many times you've used the play that game and what the results were, yrds gained and so on. Pretty cool. I'm probably the only one who didn't know about that, but thought I'd post it in case someone else didn't know about it.

haven't had a chance to sign into the game today Syko, but I'll move teams for ya. Maybe switch if someone doesn't beat me, but I'll switch out of the Eagles

BTW, who is the starting QB for the Niners?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']haven't had a chance to sign into the game today Syko, but I'll move teams for ya. Maybe switch if someone doesn't beat me, but I'll switch out of the Eagles

BTW, who is the starting QB for the Niners?[/quote]

Rattay

Okay I see you guys have it situated, cool.

Here is the league website. If you guys need anything else post on the board there.

http://leagues.espnvideogames.com/t/league.php?l=1796

I'm probably going to start preseason this Saturday. Info is up on the site. We'll be following the real NFL schedule and if people don't play or let me know why I'll probably cut em.

There are still two openings for anyone interested.

[quote name='rvdrock']What happened to the guy that was playing with the Colts? I played him earlier this week...[/quote]

That was me you played I think (SECONDCOM1NG). I play as the Colts sometimes when I'm not the Cards, but I will be the Cards in this league.

I got some bad news, I found out that my Xbox live account expies December 17th so if anyone wants to join up to take my place that'd be good. You'll be playing as the Chiefs if you take my spot (they have a nice offense) so if some wants the chiefs or just wants to be in the league let Matt X know about it.

Hmmm...I wanted the Colts and the Chiefs play like the Colts, but they're defense...what's it rated? Can't be good. I'll think about it. BTW, how's all this work? Never joined a league before. Do we contact whomever our opponent is and play them or is there a strict scheduel of when we have to play?

It's rated like mid-70's, but really it isn't too bad. The pass defense is a little lax, but it's easy to stop the run with them. Look at it this way, compared to the other teams left their defense will be just as good.

I don't know if everyone goes to the league site but if denver or carolina is around on here we need to play our preseason games.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']I don't know if everyone goes to the league site but if denver or carolina is around on here we need to play our preseason games.[/quote]

Denver right here. Gamertag:kingdox. I'll be on at noon PST, if you want to play. If that time is bad for you then PM me when is a good time, and we'll work something out.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']C'omn, has anyone decided to take the Chiefs yet??[/quote]

I havent read the whole thread so sorry if it's already posted. Are the games played at a certain time? If so what times are they played. I'll take them but I work 3rd shift mon night-fri night. Want to make sure there won't be scheduling conflicts.

[quote name='Supernothing'][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']C'omn, has anyone decided to take the Chiefs yet??[/quote]

I havent read the whole thread so sorry if it's already posted. Are the games played at a certain time? If so what times are they played. I'll take them but I work 3rd shift mon night-fri night. Want to make sure there won't be scheduling conflicts.[/quote]

The games are a weekend thing I'm pretty sure, go to the website then contact Matt X he can give you the info and have you replace my spot if you want it.

We've been stuck needing 2 teams for almost a week now... Matt, should we post on the xbox.com forum or start another topic on CAG?

Maybe some CAG'ers think the league is filled up and can use some prodding.

We're officially filled up now. I may be back asking if some of you guys wanna play if someone drops out or something. We're in preaseason now to get an idea who is gonna be active.

Are there still slots open for this league....
if so...I'm interested....where do we sign up for the Backup list??

XBOX Live Name : GOOSEDUDE

Hey Matt

I can't find out who represents the RAMS or the 49ers. These are the teams I supposed to play for preseason. I can't find the gamertags anywhere in the thread.

If you know who is who please let me know. I got mostly everyone but these two teams.

If you want to get started with preseason send me a invite if you represent the Rams or the 49ers.

I got Da Bears!

XBL: BigMes

Check out the league site. The gamertags are besides the teams in the standings area. If you still have trouble playing the games let me know on the league board or PM on there. I'll get it straightened out.l

[quote name='flybrione']Hey Matt

I can't find out who represents the RAMS or the 49ers. These are the teams I supposed to play for preseason. I can't find the gamertags anywhere in the thread.

If you know who is who please let me know. I got mostly everyone but these two teams.

If you want to get started with preseason send me a invite if you represent the Rams or the 49ers.

I got Da Bears!

XBL: BigMes[/quote]

I know that VeggieMan is the 49ers. Send him a friend request, and I'll let him know you want to play.

Just to let everyone know there are about 5 inactive users in the league right now. Some haven't posted at the Introduce Yourself thread, haven't started their preseason, or aren't on my Friends List.

I'm posting this to let them know they need to get involved and to also let potential alternates know that a spot could be freeing up soon.

If there are users who want out, or If there's enough interest to start
a 2nd league, I'm in. Gamertag is Waterbed Kev.
Send me a message if openings become available.

Sorry Matt about turning down the NFL 2K5 invites, but I've only played a couple games and I don't think it would be a good idea for me to face you since I know you have been playing alot. I don't even have the controls down yet, but I'm going to be practicing on the weekend before school starts on Monday.

Just to let everyone know there are now two openings. Also, for all league members the league is likely to start next weekend. I may make it so the league starts around Thursday or so. For anyone that wants the last two spots just sign up you don't need to contact me before since time is starting to run out.

it may be a good idea to exchange AOL or other instant messanger names in order to get to play a little easier. I've been waiting for my opponent for a few days, though i never seem to find him on

mines- iliketoeatbibles- aim

Matt,

I used to be the Chiefs, but dropped because I wanted Madden 2005 more (this was back in July). As it turns out, I missed ESPN 2K5 badly and bought it back. I noticed you still have open slots, so I'm rejoining. My gamertag is Mr Fortier. I promise I will not leave again.

manofpeace20,

You want to be the Steelers or Texans? PM that and your Gamertag to me and I'll invite you back into the league. You have to rejoin the league through the league site. You'll get a private message about it.

Okay I sent the invite I talked about. If anyone else wants to join post your Gamertag here. We still have a spot and maybe more. I need to fill these up quick so I might send out some invites, but I need people to jump into the league quick.

Well, the league started on Thursday, but no games have been played so far. :( If you're interested in being a replacement owner let me know, it looks like we'll need em. You'll either take over after the first week and I'll delay things or you might have to take an 0-1 team.

Also, for those that are trying, which doesn't look but to be a handful of us, I may just start another 8 man league or something after the roster update. More info will be on the current league site and that's where we'll set it up so that it requires people to actually take some time to join up.

For this and any other info visit the league site.

I won't disband it unless I have to, but I worry what kind of participation we'll have after the first week and like 5 people are left. If I do a second league I'm not sure how many people will be in it. I'd say that maybe we could aim for 16, but I worry that some of the same problems would occur.

Might go for an 8 or 12 and then have a 4 team playoff or something.

i've been trying to play since the schedule was generated. if its going to be a disbanded leauge, ill be inthe one the refugees play in. i WILL play every single game.

bread's done
Back