CheapyD vs McDonalds' Japan "Mega Mac"

jackson.jpg

"Mmm-mmm...that is a tas-ty burger!!"

(Either I'm that old to be the first to play the Pulp Fiction card--either scene, really--or everyone else just has a little restraint for a change.)

EDIT: That thing looks like total Middle American overkill, which shows that I really have an oversimplified understanding of Japanese culture, but like a big, smelly cigar, when judiciously consumed, it's probably transcendental.

[quote name='guyver2077']how could they get this before us....

the fat asses are over here[/quote]

actually they do have it in the us, its called the double big mac, its not on the menu though

[quote name='assassinX']Mcdonalds does not have Jr. Bacon Cheese burgers? Or maybe here in california they dont. That sounds like Wendy's.[/QUOTE]
Maybe its just the odd McDonalds here by the campus, they don't have the double cheeseburger that I've seen at other locations.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Maybe its just the odd McDonalds here by the campus, they don't have the double cheeseburger that I've seen at other locations.[/quote]
Maybe they figure poor college kids would order them instead of the higher priced items? I figure they can't make *that* much money off a double cheeseburger for $1. I'm gonna go ahead and just blindly guess... probably around .50 cents?

Last time I went to McDonalds, I had a major case of the Hersey Squirts. My body can not handle the grease anymore.

That looks pretty good. I would try that if I could.

And before, people call me a "fat, disgusting slob", I tend to eat healthy and currently at ~125lbs at 5'11"

[quote name='sarausagi']

04.jpg

Unless of course, you prefer Japanese A cups [practically flatter than a thin guy's chest][/QUOTE]

All I really have to say is that girl is insanely hot. Who is she? does anyone know? More pics maybe?

Oh yeah, and fast food will not kill you if eaten in moderation. Everything (or most everything) is OK if kept in moderation. You can splurge on burgers, fries, shakes, bakery products, etc a couple of times a week and not turn into a fat slob. Its all in the calorie counting. And yes, the food looks damn good in the advertising photos and realistically edible in the real life snapshots. Id eat it.

I try to watch what I eat, but I just don't have the time to worry about cooking myself 21 health-conscious meals a week. Honestly, I don't understand how anyone does. Sure, fast food is "disgusting," but it's cheap, it's easy, and you can usually get something that tastes pretty damn good. I know the occasional burger's not going to kill me.

I love Big Macs, and that looks delicious.

How does the bun not melt away with all the grease? Don't get me wrong, I do like the occasional mcdonald's but that thing just looks deadly.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I would eat it.. I'm 6'0" and 170lbs. The occasional junk food doesn't hurt me much :p[/quote]
youd be surprised how many skinny guys have heart attacks too. your BMI isnt a direct indicator of your cardiovascular health.

[quote name='guyver2077']wow..its really popular over there![/QUOTE]

notice the different, much more healthy attitude towards food though?

the article says "nutritional energy" calories..

i don't think a lot of people realize that you can eat this if you treat it as a meal, not a snack, many people eat something like this and then eat a full meal later...with your drink and fries, it is a full meal, and you can eat light later during the day and not worry. and while it does have its cons, trust me the ingredients do have some nutritional benefit [i am sure there is plenty of protein and iron to be had in this burger]

[quote name='sarausagi']notice the different, much more healthy attitude towards food though?

the article says "nutritional energy" calories..

i don't think a lot of people realize that you can eat this if you treat it as a meal, not a snack, many people eat something like this and then eat a full meal later...with your drink and fries, it is a full meal, and you can eat light later during the day and not worry. and while it does have its cons, trust me the ingredients do have some nutritional benefit [i am sure there is plenty of protein and iron to be had in this burger][/quote]
kidding me? thats not a real burger. its over processed, precooked, frozen meat drenched in trans-fat. the tomatoes & lettuce are probably still coated w/ wonderful pecticides too. its not a balanced meal in any way, shape, or form. its an indulgence.

"If you're not sure about something, rub it against a piece of paper. If the paper turns clear, it's your window to weight gain."
222px-Dr_Nick.png

[quote name='propeller_head']kidding me? thats not a real burger. its over processed, precooked, frozen meat drenched in trans-fat. the tomatoes & lettuce are probably still coated w/ wonderful pecticides too. its not a balanced meal in any way, shape, or form. its an indulgence.

"If you're not sure about something, rub it against a piece of paper. If the paper turns clear, it's your window to weight gain."
222px-Dr_Nick.png
[/QUOTE]

well, the lettuce and tomatoe are local stock or flash frozen from other countries, there is nothing you can do to the bread except coat it with butter which i doubt they do, as for the meat, they are supposed to use 100 percent real unaltered beef: comparing a plain double quarter pounder to a plain home made burger, the meat is extremely similar, so i doubt it is "Drenched in transfat" or what not.

I'm not saying this is a "healthy" meal, I'm saying the attitude towards it is a lot more healthy, in other words, not the opinion of a society run by fad diets, miracle cures, trimspa, and "Fat free" and "diet" food that contains 10x more chemicals and is 10x worse for your health. Here it's okay to eat shit as long as it's "Fat free" or "low carb" [I don't know if it isn't the same in Japan, but from what I've read and seen, Japan is a much bigger more open culinary environment]

This burger, in light of the more traditional Japanese diet, and even changing contemporary ones, is not a threat to health at all. I am willing to say there are less "healthy" traditional Japanese dishes, certainly some fried ones.

Two things: One, the Big Mac is a very small hamburger. Its two thin meat patties wedged in a gigantic salty bun. Adding two more of those thin patties barely gets you to the size of a single quarter pounder.

Now, A double quarter pounder, thats a hamburger.

Two: I've never had a greasy burger at Mcdonalds......the beef there always seems dried out, not juicy or "greasy".....I think the bread and cheese there are the real killers.

[quote name='propeller_head']youd be surprised how many skinny guys have heart attacks too. your BMI isnt a direct indicator of your cardiovascular health.[/quote]

Well my doctor says my blood pressure and cholestoral levels are fine... so until something changes, I'll continue to eat fast food. Not that I do it a lot... I eat a pretty balanced diet, especially when I'm away from school like now. But at school I can either make my own lunch or treat myself to some good old Burger King. Why not? :)

[quote name='sarausagi']well, the lettuce and tomatoe are local stock or flash frozen from other countries, there is nothing you can do to the bread except coat it with butter which i doubt they do, as for the meat, they are supposed to use 100 percent real unaltered beef: comparing a plain double quarter pounder to a plain home made burger, the meat is extremely similar, so i doubt it is "Drenched in transfat" or what not.

I'm not saying this is a "healthy" meal, I'm saying the attitude towards it is a lot more healthy, in other words, not the opinion of a society run by fad diets, miracle cures, trimspa, and "Fat free" and "diet" food that contains 10x more chemicals and is 10x worse for your health. Here it's okay to eat shit as long as it's "Fat free" or "low carb" [I don't know if it isn't the same in Japan, but from what I've read and seen, Japan is a much bigger more open culinary environment]

This burger, in light of the more traditional Japanese diet, and even changing contemporary ones, is not a threat to health at all. I am willing to say there are less "healthy" traditional Japanese dishes, certainly some fried ones.[/quote]

well a big mac has 1.5G trans fat. which may not seem like a lot, but it is. this probably has about 75% more. the french fries are just sponges full of it. a small has 3.5g a large 8. next time you get some fries put a bunch between 2 napkins and squish them. the napkins will turn clear. its pretty disgusting. if they used a trans-fat free oil like they said they were going to about 10 years ago it wouldnt be so bad. but those dont last as long at high temps before being replaced (aka smaller profit margin). so customers get to enjoy hardened arteries instead.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Well my doctor says my blood pressure and cholestoral levels are fine... so until something changes, I'll continue to eat fast food. Not that I do it a lot... I eat a pretty balanced diet, especially when I'm away from school like now. But at school I can either make my own lunch or treat myself to some good old Burger King. Why not? :)[/quote]
well when youre young as long as you get some exersize your metabolism will take care of that. but once you get into your 30s and you spend most of your time at a desk or in the car, it makes a much bigger dif ;)

Jesus, there are some health nuts on this board. One frickin' burger isn't gonna kill you. I would rather eat delicious food and die at 60 than eat healthy Faux Fu bullshit and live to be 110, take 4 dumps a day, and wish every night that you don't wake up to see tommorrow. OMG I must be a super fatass for saying all this though!

4 pages and we still don't have that chicks name.

what's the asian chicks name with the knockers, people?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Jesus, there are some health nuts on this board. One frickin' burger isn't gonna kill you. I would rather eat delicious food and die at 60 than eat healthy Faux Fu bullshit and live to be 110, take 4 dumps a day, and wish every night that you don't wake up to see tommorrow. OMG I must be a super fatass for saying all this though![/quote]
touchy touchy. i never said 1 would kill u. only that it shouldnt be considered a legitimate meal. thats like considering soda an alternative for juice.

I'm going to have to agree with Propeller_head on this one. While it's not bad to have one every once and a while, it in no way should be considered a legitimate meal.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Taco Bell every once and a while, but by every once and a while I mean once a month.

It's not so much being a health nut as it is just being smart about what you eat.

A friend of mine is addicted to these, so anytime we pass a McDonald's and they are sold out, he gets me to order one just for the extra coupon. It's ridiculous how quickly they sell out, even in the more rural areas of Nagoya.

I almost shit my pants just looking that picture. I can't imagine what would happen if I were to attempt eating one of those monstrosities of meat.

I special order my Big Mac without the patties and each time I do the cashier gives me the stink eye.I usually order 2 big macs(without meat),large fries and 5 small packages of barbecue sauce.:drool:Mmmmmmm...barbecue sauce.

[quote name='IceBurgh']Could use a second slice of cheese on the top patty , otherwise looks good. I wonder if they'll ever come out in the US given the criticism that McDonalds has been dealing with since the movies "Super Size Me" and "Fast Food Nation".[/quote]

Closest McDonalds to me has had Double Big Macs for like 2 years...

[quote name='mrx1']I special order my Big Mac without the patties and each time I do the cashier gives me the stink eye.I usually order 2 big macs(without meat),large fries and 5 small packages of barbecue sauce.:drool:Mmmmmmm...barbecue sauce.[/QUOTE]

Err...hope you don't think you're a vegetarian, 'cuz that shit ain't. Any reason you don't get the meat with the sammich?

[quote name='IceBurgh']Could use a second slice of cheese on the top patty , otherwise looks good. I wonder if they'll ever come out in the US given the criticism that McDonalds has been dealing with since the movies "Super Size Me" and "Fast Food Nation".[/QUOTE]

'smuch as I like Morgan Spurlock and that movie, it was only a short term change. The McD's by my house has supersizes again; however, the cashiers don't ask you if you'd like to supersize, and they're called something else ("extra value meal"?). I don't think it will come out with a national rollout because it's not that innovative, really (spare me the "nothing at McD's is innovative" talk either). It's the same sandwich with two more meat patties. It's not really a health issue caused by public awareness/disdain; McD's did take the heat for that movie, and yet the public isn't assaulting Burger King for their "Stackers" sandwiches. 4 slices of meat with 4 slices of cheese and bacon? Good LAWD!

[quote name='mykevermin']and yet the public isn't assaulting Burger King for their "Stackers" sandwiches. 4 slices of meat with 4 slices of cheese and bacon? Good LAWD![/quote]

Good to see another Stacker fan :lol: :drool:

[quote name='MightySlacker']Uh, how much does that damn thing cost?

And when did Asian girls start getting tits?

Dave[/QUOTE]

Some because of more western diets

and some because of implants

and some because God loves us and creates the finest specimens for our visual pleasure.

[quote name='sarausagi']Some because of more western diets

and some because of implants

and some because God loves us and creates the finest specimens for our visual pleasure.[/quote]

You never answered Kittycat's question. Inquiring minds want to know.

[quote name='Pookymeister']You never answered Kittycat's question. Inquiring minds want to know.[/QUOTE]

I barely saw it

Her name is Miri Hanai, a Japanese AV idol [I think?]

All I know is she's Japanese and very beautiful..

It's hard to find really good high res pictures of her though...I have a few dozen but have never found more than that...

What I think is so nice about her [besides her wonderful breasts] is that even though she is a little less than 5 feet tall, she has amazing proportions and doesn't look that short at all.

i never understood the whole japanese idol thing. it seems even worse than "american idol".

like any girl under 25 w/ gigantor ta-tas is an idol. :lol:#-o

great role model for your kids. but hey the U.S. has britney spears and chrstiana agasomething. so i guess things are just bad all over.

bread's done
Back