CheapyD vs McDonalds' Japan "Mega Mac"

[quote name='propeller_head']i never understood the whole japanese idol thing. it seems even worse than "american idol".

like any girl under 25 w/ gigantor ta-tas is an idol. :lol:#-o

great role model for your kids. but hey the U.S. has britney spears and chrstiana agasomething. so i guess things are just bad all over.[/QUOTE]

They're not really idols..they're just called that..it's not like American Idol at all...the term "A/V idol" pretty much translates to "adult model", they're popular, yes, but little girls and teenagers don't "idolize" them, it's mostly just males age 1-99

[quote name='sarausagi']Oh god, I want one now

[huge fan of the filet o fish, please tell me it's real and when it comes out][/QUOTE]

Maybe it was just in test marketing here, but they've had them at most of my local mcdonalds for months, if not over a year... Sometimes on the menu, sometimes not on the menu but still available if you ask. My mom always orders them.

I saw that picture and thought a bunch of MCdonalds suits were wondering how to sell more burgers in Japan and Voltron was on in the background. So to feed a giant robobeast instead of kill it Members of the Mc'ds Voltron squad started stacking sandwiches together and the last guy say's as he is putting the last bun on top "And I'LL form the head". Ok maybe it didn't happen quite that way.

[quote name='Vegan']
McDonalds2.jpg
[/quote]

a King's ransom for that scroll!

Gangsta Ronald = GOLD!

cute but apathetic thug girl = bonus!

I just realized that I saw that burger when I went on vacation to Hong Kong last summer, I was too afraid get one though, I just got the regular one each time I ate there

[quote name='Kendro']WTF is up with this "disgusting" talk? That Mega Mac, the BK Quad Stacker, and Scarlett Johansson are like the most beautiful things I ever saw.[/quote]

Exactly. If you're that uptight about your food, you need to move to France with the rest of the fags.

Poor CheapyD is going to die if he eats like that all the time! :bomb:

I like how in the first picture it looked so much bigger because of the reflection. That would have been like the Mega MEGA Big Mac!!! :hot:

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Just order 2 of the double cheeseburgers off the $1 menu and ask them to make it with thousand island dressing. You merge them to produce a $2 mega big mac.[/quote]yes!! now thats a cheap ass(and great) idea.:applause:

Screw this, you guys seen the ads for the Burger King Stackers? 4 patties, 4 slices of cheese....a bun...?

The thing about Big Macs is that the beef patties are the size of air-hockey pucks...just the standard thin McDonalds hamburger. But Burger King has bigger hamburger patties, and that 4-stack looks like greasy goodness.

Note: I dont think any of these offerings have anything on the Whattaburger double bacon cheeseburger.....tho we don't have Whattaburger here in the NorthEast, and its been awhile since I've been to one.

Oh its just like the ads....you eat enough of them sumbitches and your balls will be so constricted by cholestrol that the only kinda kids you'll be makin will be dwarves :p

wow that is nasty Cheapy and I say that because I've worked at McDonalds before so I cant ever eat there again.

Then again foreign McDonalds are managed seperately from American ones so supposedly they are not as unhealthy and they taste better but maybe by a small margin.

Well...I had a triple texas whopper custom made at BK (3 beef patties, bacon, cheese, etc), so I'd say that it beats this in terms of fattiness.

I present 'The Man Challenge' -- posted on my old guilds website,
and we actually had a contestant, who posted all the pictures and
a timeframe of how fast he downed...

*- 7x Jr.Bacon Cheeseburger
*- 1x Biggie sized Fries
*- 1x Biggie sized Frosty (you have to request they put it in the biggie soft drink cup, it is like 4$ or something crazy)

Rules
1) Everything must be finished in under 30 minutes
2) No throwing up :puke:
3) If you are high you must add 2 burgers to compensate

- http://www.deusvox.org/forums/showthread.php?t=840&page=2 -

Scroll halfway down your screen to start with the pictures of the challenge!

It's funny that you guys bitch about MCDs having a burger this big.

In n Out (west coast chain) will make a burger for you in pretty much anyway you want.

Want a 6x6? (6 meat patties, 6 cheese slices) You can order it.

However, the quality of their ingredients is MUCH MUCH higher than MCDs.

O_O What a glorious burger. The comparison between the ad and the real thing reminds me of what happened the other day. I was at Wendy's and was oogling the Baconator until i decided on it. When I got it, it was much smaller and it was a sad little burger.... with a lot of bacon. But it still tasted delicious!

Moral of my story: Doesn't matter how it looks, fast food tastes great.... most of the time.

[quote name='Chronis']O_O What a glorious burger. The comparison between the ad and the real thing reminds me of what happened the other day. I was at Wendy's and was oogling the Baconator until i decided on it. When I got it, it was much smaller and it was a sad little burger.... with a lot of bacon. But it still tasted delicious![/quote]
Mine tasted like ketchup. :whistle2:| Why must Wendy's hamburger patties taste so bland? That steakhouse burger they had recently was off the hook though. "Bring it back, bring it back, don't take it away from me..."

As for the Big Mac, I think I've eaten it twice in my life since I didn't really like burgers when I was a kid. The last time I tried the Big Mac (without pickles, I hate pickles), which I think was earlier in this decade, I remember not liking the sauce. I've been meaning to give it another chance, but they don't serve it late at night when we usually hit up the McD's.

Now the McRib, that's sweet ambrosia right there (sans pickles of course). No burger will ever compare! :shame: Damn you McDonald's for only offering it seasonally! cue "Love of My Life" again

good luck trying to shit that out

do they give you ex-lax with that or is it the trans fatty fries?

Not sure about macdonalds, but it turns out the fries are the worst thing for you at most fast food places. Fried food, no nutrition, just calories.

A burger, on the other hand, if made with decent ingredients contains a reasonable patty of meat, some vegetables, and some bread. Not too bad by itself.

But you tack on fries and a sugary soda for the calories and you've gone way overboard.

WHAT THE fuck.
We need more shit like that in America, everyone is too concerned about how healthy something is in America, as you can see in previous posts.

[quote name='MagicArc']Yep. I was in Japan (Koriyama City, Fukushima Prefecture) in October of 2006. I was actually quite surprised to find some of our stores/food places there. I think the one that suprised me the most was the 7/11s on every damn corner. They had cool little mario bros toys that we drove around trying to find the whole 2 weeks i was there. But yes, I ate McDonalds three times while staying in Japan. Once thru the drive thru, second inside a mall type shop, and third at the Tokyo Norita Airport. The one thing that shocked me was the lack of sweet N sour sauce. They simply said they did not have it. My wife was quite dissapointed. I do love the fact they call it MacDonarudo tho. Hilarious...Anyway, the food tasted the same as it does in the states...I was not brave enough however to try the Shrimp Burger.

Magic

ps.
Oh and the double big mac is no problem, i remember in high school they introduced them to the states and me and some buddies would pound them in a matter of minutes.[/quote]

Wow, where to begin with this entire thread?!?

First off, cheapyD, I've been meaning to ask, but what are you even doing in Japan...testing your frugal and cheap grandmaster abilities against the most expensive city on the planet? I bet the CAG skills are being put to the test though.

With that said, seriously, why on earth would MacDonald's put something like this out in freaking Japan of all places?!? Their way of life is totally and completely the opposite of the "Supersized" mentality we have in the states. This would work very well in the filler/flyover states out here and the inner city ghettos, despite the backlash against fast food and macDonalds in particular.

Hell, traditional/normal Japanese portions are very tiny. Not to mention the tiny cars, super tiny apartments, tiny furniture and electronics, etc. Space is at such a premium, particularly in the major cities. But calling the "added value meal" a "set" with the McNuggets was pretty funny.

Although the culture as a whole is pretty infatuated with American culture, and I've heard stories that many people go around idolizing big westerners and looking at them in awe as giants. Never happened to me when I was out there, though, and I'm no shorty at 6' 3".

As for the 7-11's, were the 7-11's staffed by Indians like here? :lol: I don't remember seeing all that many 7-11's, but it's been a few years since I was last out there, and if I recall correctly the company that owns the chain is Japanese, so no surprise that there are many out there.

Y'kno.... we have the double Quarter pounder here in the states now. I assure you that's no burger to scoff at either. I ate one a few times and while delicious I can feel my heart crying in my chest.

Mega Mac is back for a limited time...and I partook once again.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheapyd/973492957/in/set-72157601136196415/

[quote name='karkyco']First off, cheapyD, I've been meaning to ask, but what are you even doing in Japan...testing your frugal and cheap grandmaster abilities against the most expensive city on the planet? I bet the CAG skills are being put to the test though.

With that said, seriously, why on earth would MacDonald's put something like this out in freaking Japan of all places?!? Their way of life is totally and completely the opposite of the "Supersized" mentality we have in the states.[/quote]
My wife is Japanese and we moved here because she had a good job offer.

The Mega Mac is a big hit here...don't ask me why.

so many of you actually know the damn calories for a big mac. and im sure half of the posters that talked about "trans fat" dont even know what the hell it is.

here's a hint for all, eat how you want, eat what you want, work out 3-4 times a week and run 4 miles a day and you wont get fat. fast food is not america's problem, being lazy is. laziness makes us fat and being fat makes us lazy.

just my two cents for all the stuck up posters on here.

bread's done
Back