CheapyD vs McDonalds' Japan "Mega Mac"

[quote name='ganonslayer']so many of you actually know the damn calories for a big mac. and im sure half of the posters that talked about "trans fat" dont even know what the hell it is.

here's a hint for all, eat how you want, eat what you want, work out 3-4 times a week and run 4 miles a day and you wont get fat. fast food is not america's problem, being lazy is. laziness makes us fat and being fat makes us lazy.

just my two cents for all the stuck up posters on here.[/QUOTE]

good point.. but not many people can run 4 miles everday. but i agree exercise goes a long way. (also portion control of food is important as well)

but not eating garbage also helps.

McDonald`s just introduced the Pita Mac here yesterday, and curiosity is getting the better of me - I`ll probably break down and buy one after I get off work today.

http://www.mcdonalds.co.jp/pitamac/

mcdonald_s-japan-pita-mac.jpg

While the mega mac is bad enough, here in Alaska, we have a thing called the McKinley-Mac which is a big mac with two quarter pound patties instead. Sadly I had to try it, and boy did I regret that. Makes me remember why I hate fast food in general.

I actually like mcdonalds and its not that bad if you have it once in a while not like every day then it just becomes disgusting...

I'm in Ukraine and the Big Mac is a hot item here. What's funny is that all the English words are spelled with English pronunciation except with Cyrillic-Ukrainian alphabet. So... you have things like "happy meal" except with a Ukranian accent it sounds like "heppi mil". Also there's something here called a McLavache which is 2 beef patties on a pita with some strange "grill" sauce. The Big Tasty here is the same thing as a McLavache except with buns instead of pita. What amazes me is that no matter which country I go to, the Big Mac tastes exactly the same everywhere. Another thing worth noting is they have kiwi pies here, not bad really.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Right....... XD[/QUOTE]
So what if I started again...it's so convienent since I'm not at home most of the time >_>.

I only get the spicy chicken though. Their "beef" is nasty.

[quote name='PhrostByte']What amazes me is that no matter which country I go to, the Big Mac tastes exactly the same everywhere.[/quote]

Actually, when I go back home to France the big macs taste better to me for some reason. Quick too, tastest very different. It fills you up much quicker then Big Macs (I can eat 3 big macs here no problem but not even half of a Quick burger) and I think its because of the cheese. Not sure though.

I wouldn't mind trying the Pita Mac. Just for curiosity but I hate fast food in general.

http://www.trifter.com/Practical-Travel/Budget-Travel/McDonalds-Strange-Menu-Around-the-World.35517

INDIA

In India, there are no Big Macs because the Hindu people don't eat beef.
However, they have the Maharaja Mac, which is a Big Mac made of lamb or chicken meat. There is also a vegetarian burger, the McAloo Tikki.

43509_2.jpg

NORWAY

In fish-loving Norway, they have the McLaks, a sandwich made of grilled salmon and dill sauce.

43509_4.jpg

GERMANY

It's bottoms up in Germany, where McDonald's serves - Beer!

43509_5.jpg

CANADA

In parts of Canada, have a lobster dinner with the McLobster lobster roll. Pardon me - "McHomard" (in French).

43509_6.jpg

JAPAN

Japan totally reinvents McDonald's with its Ebi Filet-O (shrimp burgers), Koroke Burger (mashed potato, cabbage and katsu sauce, all in a sandwich), Ebi-Chiki (shrimp nuggets) and Green Tea-flavored milkshake!
43509_11.jpg

CHILE

In Chile, you can dress your burgers with - not ketchup - avocado paste!

43509_7.jpg

COSTA RICA

In Costa Rica, unsurprisingly, you can order Gallo Pinto, meaning rice and beans.

43509_8.jpg

GREECE

It's not Greek without pita, so when in Greece, have a Greek Mac, a burger made of patties wrapped in pita.

43509_9.jpg

HONG KONG

Rice-loving Hong Kong, has - of course - Rice Burgers, where the burgers are in between, not burger buns, but two patties of glutinous rice.

43509_10.jpg

ISRAEL

In Israel, McDonald's has 3 kosher restaurants where cheeseburger and dairy products are not served because Jewish Law forbids serving "the child [cow/beef] in its mother's milk [dairy]." They have McShawarma, meat in a pita bread roll.

43509_1.jpg

URUGUAY

In Uruguay, they have the McHuevo, which is like a regular hamburger, but it is topped with a poached egg.
43509_3.jpg

[quote name='crystalklear64']Fun story about McDonalds:
When I was 7 my family was going out to eat at a chinese food place. I was being an ass of a kid and insisted on McDonalds. Later that night everyone got food poisoning except for me.

Because of this, I have to stop by McDonalds and pay my respects by ordering 3 of those Jr. Bacon Cheese burgers and mashing them into 1.[/quote]
I had a story very similar to that when I was a wee lad as well. Except mine had the opposite ending.

The family wanted to go to a Chinese restaurant. I did not, which was unusual considering I generally like Chinese food (I definitely prefer Japanese food, though, while we're on the subject). We went anyway.

Apparently my chicken was fried in Ipecac, because I vomited mere hours after we finished eating, while the rest of my family remained untouched by the Chinese food's vomitous wrath. Needless to say, my cries of "I told you so!" were brushed off.

Okay, that's my story. Yay.

The picture one the first page just reassured me to never eat McDonalds again. It's been almost a year since I've had any fast food or soda. I don't think I'll ever eat fast food or drink soda again. Soda especially, for two reasons. One, I've gone so long without it that the carbonation burns my throat too bad. Two, this article:

http://www.healthbolt.net/2006/12/08/what-happens-to-your-body-if-you-drink-a-coke-right-now/

Even when I was eating fast food, I never got soda, I always got Powerade. And that article might make even some of you change your mind.

Wow, this past weekend I ate a McDonald double cheese burger for the first time in FOREVER.
The thing is I was drunk. :D

Anyways.
Cheapy, you should record yourself eating a Mega Mac.
That'd entertain me, and others, tons.

[quote name='gofishn']Oh great, here come the food snobs.[/QUOTE]
If being a food snob means not eating shit pressed into patty form, then yes, food snobs are we.

in the photo the beef looks brown sizzling and delicious and in the real life photo grey and dull, never mind it tastes good and all!

[quote name='gunm']I can't believe a nihonjin would eat that. Is this particular Makudonarudo's catering to gaijin then?[/QUOTE]

OHH! Rook at me I speaka like I am a JA PUH KNEES!

[quote name='seanr1221']That pita mac looks gross. What is it? A liver packed into a pita pocket that's been jizzed on?[/quote]

Yeah no doubt, it looks fucking nasty.

I work at a McDonald's, and I'm pretty sure that a Big Mac is only like 800 calories. I only eat their McChicken burgers and their deli sandwiches. Everything else is made from shit.

Dude, why the fuck would you eat something named "McCHICKEN"........that sounds like something that would give you McCancer.

As for their Deli sandwiches, you're still eating shit......dont ever look into how they make luncheon meat, and you're probably eating 2x time recommended daily allowance of salt in every *bite* of those sandwiches.

But Burger Kings original Chicken Sandwich holds the gold crown for most sodium in a sandwich. Eat one of those bad boys and 20 minutes later your throat will be so dry you'd think you ate a bag of freakin sand.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Even when I was eating fast food, I never got soda, I always got Powerade. And that article might make even some of you change your mind.[/QUOTE]

Poweraide is just sugar water with some token minerals and a bunch of salt tossed in. You'd be a million times better off drinking water.

From The Interweb:
PowerAide:
Water, high fructose corn syrup, maltodextrin (glucose polymers), citric acid, salt, natural flavors, potassium citrate, potassium phosphate, niacinamide, yellow 5, pyridoxine hydrochloride, blue 1, cyanocobalamin

I'm no doctor, but its pretty easy to see that the top five ingredients are Water, concentrated Sugar (HFCS), more sugar (I think this is easier for your body to absorb quickly), citric acid (to cut the sugar flavor) and...hey, Salt, to help retain the sugarwater you're drinking!

[quote name='OldSnayke']I work at a McDonald's, and I'm pretty sure that a Big Mac is only like 800 calories. I only eat their McChicken burgers and their deli sandwiches. Everything else is made from shit.[/quote]

You say "only" like it's nothing.

[quote name='Vegan']You say "only" like it's nothing.[/quote]Yes, it is nothing, since a "normal" person can take 2,000 calories a day without DROPPING DEAD IMMEDIATELY OF A HEART ATTACK!

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Yes, it is nothing, since a "normal" person can take 2,000 calories a day without DROPPING DEAD IMMEDIATELY OF A HEART ATTACK![/quote]
if by a day you mean 1 day a year. then yes. if by a day you mean every day, then no youre wrong.

its not the number of calories, its what kind of calories they are. spooning 2,000 calories of trans fat into your mouth is not the same thing as drinking 2,000 calories worth of wheatgrass juice. one will make you feel like a slug the other will make you feel like superman.

Calories are only part of the equation......the 800 calories isn't the problem, what constitutes those 800 calories is the problem.

[quote name='Tsukento']Who cares? The point is that NOTHING from McDonalds is good for you.[/quote]Agreed. The only healthy thing we have in McDs is the salad.

I'd rather chop up some lettuce myself than let them do it and infest it with fillers so they get more sales from their supply.

Not even the salad is healthy. It really isn't. Not their own, anyways. Just about everything on their menu except for the bottled water isn't good for your body.

[quote name='HeadRusch']Poweraide is just sugar water with some token minerals and a bunch of salt tossed in. You'd be a million times better off drinking water.

From The Interweb:
PowerAide:
Water, high fructose corn syrup, maltodextrin (glucose polymers), citric acid, salt, natural flavors, potassium citrate, potassium phosphate, niacinamide, yellow 5, pyridoxine hydrochloride, blue 1, cyanocobalamin

I'm no doctor, but its pretty easy to see that the top five ingredients are Water, concentrated Sugar (HFCS), more sugar (I think this is easier for your body to absorb quickly), citric acid (to cut the sugar flavor) and...hey, Salt, to help retain the sugarwater you're drinking![/quote]

I didn't say it was perfect. But, a medium powerade has 31g of sugar, while a medium Coke has 58g of sugar. It's still not as healthy as water, but it's a lot better than Coke. (Also, the carbonation isn't good for you either.)

[quote name='kPod']Agreed. The only healthy thing we have in McDs is the salad.

I'd rather chop up some lettuce myself than let them do it and infest it with fillers so they get more sales from their supply.[/quote]
the only way the salad is healthy is if you order it w/ no dressing

My theory is that because globalization is becoming so profitable for these large companies, they have to "catch up" in countries like Japan and China, basically places with different eating habits than what Americans have been raised with. So how do you catch up? Double the portion. Why else sell a double big mac?

All of that aside, I'd eat it.

I'm starving right now and all I've got to say is if NY got the Mega Macs instead of the Angus third pounders, I'd be there right now. Stuffing my face. With a large coke. And fries.

[quote name='Chronis']I'm starving right now and all I've got to say is if NY got the Mega Macs instead of the Angus third pounders, I'd be there right now. Stuffing my face. With a large coke. And fries.[/quote]
but only BK has the HALO 3 cups and fries! :lol:
halo3burgerkingpreview.jpg

[quote name='kPod']Agreed. The only healthy thing we have in McDs is the salad.

I'd rather chop up some lettuce myself than let them do it and infest it with fillers so they get more sales from their supply.[/quote]

but doesnt the calories from one of the McD chicken salads add up to that of a burger meal?

[quote name='Graystone']Yes not wanting to eat that shitty mass produced beef flavored patty makes me a snob. :roll:

One day they're going to find that all of the medical problems steamed from all of the chemicals in fast food.

[/quote]

You mean the same chemicals that are probably in 75% of the non-organic namebrand food that you eat every day?

Anyways, after being in a cast for a while from a car accident, and living off mountain dew, I gained alot of weight, so I've been mostly organic for a few months now, but I would snarf one of those burgers down in a heartbeat.

Man, I remember the day those came out. I had one, thought it was pretty damn tasty, but could nearly HEAR my arteries clogging, so I decided that one-per-two months or so would be a good idea.

Then again, McDonalds was the only true American food I could buy in the area I lived in (wasn't rural; just had a lot of Japan-ized American/Mexican food), so I found myself eating there WAY more often than I do here (about once a week/week and a half there, about once every three months here).

Anyone hear about that Olympic Runner that died? Pretty sure he didn't eat McDonald's. Why is everyone so concerned about what they eat? Eat anything in moderation you'll be fine and you'll go when you go.

Back to McDonald's though, I can't stand there burgers. The grilled chicken sandwich (Grilled Chicken Select???) is real good.

[quote name='schuerm26']Anyone hear about that Olympic Runner that died?[/quote]He died because he had a abnormally sized heart, but I still agree with you, eat whatever in moderation.

This is nothing until you have had a pounder.

4 slices of cheese
4 quarter pound patties of beef (Hence the name)
Extra Onion
2 bases of a quarter pounder
and the top

^^^^^^^^^^^ - Top
--------------------- - Cheese
========== - Beef
-------------------- - Cheese
=========== - Beef
^^^^^^^^^^^ - Middle Bun
--------------------- - Cheese
========== - Beef
-------------------- - Cheese
=========== - Beef
^^^^^^^^^^^ - Bottom Bun

Thats a true burger and its perfect with a large meal as well

Ive done it in Australia and it is so good....
Ive only done it once though.
Might try again soon

[quote name='Access_Denied']I didn't say it was perfect. But, a medium powerade has 31g of sugar, while a medium Coke has 58g of sugar. It's still not as healthy as water, but it's a lot better than Coke. (Also, the carbonation isn't good for you either.)[/QUOTE]
by the way im connected with both Pepsi And Coca Cola Amatil
as well as being involved with ex Olympic sports men (No Joke)

And powerade is actually better than water if it is sustained exercise ie. over an hour. Due to the salts and other minerals inside the drink. Below an hour it isnt as effective. Yet like everything it doesnt mean you should stop drinking water, but more as a supplement. Thats why if im playing football (2 hour games)i have two drink bottles

[quote name='JJSP']Everyone should watch Idiocracy.

"It has electrolytes!"[/QUOTE]

um if you dont know what you are talking about dont make judgement. Sure i dont agree a 10 year old kid playing basketball needs powerade but it has been shown by independent testing to be effective , as said before, "when physical exertion is greater than 60 minutes"

[quote name='MCDONALDSKFCPIZZAHUT']um if you dont know what you are talking about dont make judgement. Sure i dont agree a 10 year old kid playing basketball needs powerade but it has been shown by independent testing to be effective , as said before, "when physical exertion is greater than 60 minutes"[/QUOTE]

"Its what Plants Crave!"

PowerAide is sugar water with salt and minerals, like Gatoraide. Easily digested sugars and salt to retain water.

bread's done
Back