Child's Play Charity Raffle for Disgaea, KOTOR 2 and LOTS more

woobacca

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
In an effort to get more CAGs to donate to the Child's Play Charity Fund, a few of us are raffling away our old games.
Eleven lucky winners will get to pick THREE games or gaming packages each from the below list.
Plus, cletus will let the top three winners pick one PS1 game each from his collection.

Contest Rules
1. Donate any amount and post a comment about it in the Child's Play Charity thread
2. Save your donation confirmation email from Amazon. If you win, I'll ask you to forward it to me ([email protected]) before I ship out the games.
3. Everyone gets an equal chance at winning regardless of donation amount. It's not about how much you can give but whether you can participate at all.

---

The raffle is over! Thanks to everyone who donated. Here are the results.

Video Game List

iconxbox5nv.gif
1. Beyond Good & Evil -> whitereflection
iconxbox5nv.gif
2. Bloodrayne -> evilmojo12542
iconxbox5nv.gif
3. KOTOR II -> dude2003/chickenhawk
iconxbox5nv.gif
4. LOTR: The Two Towers (PH) -> radjago
iconxbox5nv.gif
5. Outlaw Golf 2 (factory sealed) -> vpr
iconxbox5nv.gif
6. Outlaw Volleyball -> vpr
iconxbox5nv.gif
7. Sudeki -> whitereflection
iconxbox5nv.gif
8. Syberia -> radjago
iconxbox5nv.gif
9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (disc only) -> whitereflection
iconxbox5nv.gif
10. Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions
iconps24qx.gif
11. ATV Offroad Fury (review copy)*
iconps24qx.gif
12. Disgaea** -> cdeener
iconps24qx.gif
13. Metal Gear Solid 2 (disc only)* -> cdeener
iconps24qx.gif
14. R: Racing Evolution -> cdeener
iconps24qx.gif
15. Siren (factory sealed) -> onetrackmind
iconps24qx.gif
16. Tekken 4 -> evilmojo12542
iconps24qx.gif
17. Playstation Magazine #89 demo disc
icongamecube5nq.gif
18. Kirby Air Ride (factory sealed) -> Strell
icongamecube5nq.gif
19. LOTR: The Third Age (discs only) -> vpr
icongamecube5nq.gif
20. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour -> onetrackmind
icongamecube5nq.gif
21. NBA Street*** -> Quillion
icongamecube5nq.gif
22. Resident Evil 4 (discs only) + The Making of RE4 DVD -> SkyGheNe
icongamecube5nq.gif
23. Tony Hawk 3***
icongamecube5nq.gif
24. Tony Hawk's Underground 2* -> Quillion
icongbasp8rz.gif
25. Bomberman Tournament -> SkyGheNe
icongbasp8rz.gif
26. Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku
icongbasp8rz.gif
27. F-Zero GP Legend*
icongbasp8rz.gif
28. Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon -> onetrackmind
icongbasp8rz.gif
29. Super Dodge Ball Advance* -> Quillion
icongbasp8rz.gif
30. Sword of Mana -> SkyGheNe
icongbasp8rz.gif
31. X2: Wolverine's Revenge
iconpcwin0sg.gif
32. PC Action Game Package: 3D Ultra Pinball Creep Night, No One Lives Forever, Oni -> evilmojo12542
iconpcwin0sg.gif
33. PC Adventure Game Package: 7th Guest, 11th Hour, Escape from Monkey Island, King's Quest VII, Zork Nemesis -> Strell
iconpcwin0sg.gif
34. PC Demo Disc Package: PC Gamer demo CDs Aug '98 - Aug '00 (23 discs), Infogrames Action Sampler disc -> radjago
35. Nintendogs lunch bag**** -> Strell

Don't forget, if you're one of the top three winning CAGs you get to pick an extra game from cletus's PS1 collection!

* donated by jlarlee
** donated by cletus
*** donated by Ikohn4ever
**** donated by capitalist_mao

Pic of some of the games:

Thanks for participating!

Updated OP to mention that if for some reason the winner does not want or need all the games, I will pick a second winner, third, and so on to distribute the rest of them.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']I commend you for your efforts. :):applause:[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Start donating people. This is one of the best raffles you'll ever be part of.

Hey i got some games I could add to the list. They really aren't worth the effort to Ebay em off. I'll dig through my shelf but off the top of my head I could add THug 2 for the cube, AN ATV off raod not for resale and a mgs 2 disc only to the list

edit add super dodgeball advance and f-zero gp legends both GBA to the above list

[quote name='dude2003']can a mod sticky this thread?[/QUOTE]
I think it would be better just to have Cheapy mention the pot of games in the already-stickied charity thread. And since it's become a contest/raffle, maybe the charity thread can be put in the Video Game Deals forum where the most site traffic is.

[quote name='jlarlee']Hey i got some games I could add to the list. They really aren't worth the effort to Ebay em off. I'll dig through my shelf but off the top of my head I could add THug 2 for the cube, AN ATV off raod not for resale and a mgs 2 disc only to the list

edit add super dodgeball advance and f-zero gp legends both GBA to the above list[/QUOTE]
That's great, thanks jlarlee! I just thought of something else I could add to the pot as well. I'll update the OP later tonight and include your contributions.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I think it would be better just to have Cheapy mention the pot of games in the already-stickied charity thread. And since it's become a contest/raffle, maybe the charity thread can be put in the Video Game Deals forum where the most site traffic is.[/QUOTE]
Or we could move this thread to the Video Game Deals forum since the real charity thread is a lot bigger than this raffle. Who knows, maybe someone else will decide to run a used DVD contest; then we'd have to move it to the DVD forum. ;)

[quote name='woobacca']Or we could move this thread to the Video Game Deals forum since the real charity thread is a lot bigger than this raffle. Who knows, maybe someone else will decide to run a used DVD contest; then we'd have to move it to the DVD forum. ;)[/QUOTE]
More traffic for the charity would be better overall for the cause, right? CheapyD-approved contests generally end up stickied in the Video Game Deals forum and seems to get tons of participation from regulars and lurkers alike.

btw, I forgot to mention that what you're doing is very nice, and I will probably have to throw in a donation at some point to try and get your games :p

I donated last week however did not save the email as did not see this comming. Idonated as I did last year to hopefully help out someone in need. Guess I am out of contest but do comend you for doing this

[quote name='evilmojo12542']I donated last week however did not save the email as did not see this comming. Idonated as I did last year to hopefully help out someone in need. Guess I am out of contest but do comend you for doing this[/QUOTE]
Actually I was going to waive the email rule for everyone who had donated before yesterday, but let's do this instead: Anyone who deleted their email can just send me a screenshot of the e-receipt from Amazon's "Your Account" page:

amazon6kv.png

By the way, when you send me the email or screenshot please edit out the $ amount. I really don't care about seeing that.

[quote name='woobacca']Actually I was going to waive the email rule for everyone who had donated before yesterday, but let's do this instead: Anyone who deleted their email can just send me a screenshot of the e-receipt from Amazon's "Your Account" page:

amazon6kv.png

By the way, when you send me the email or screenshot please edit out the $ amount. I really don't care about seeing that.[/QUOTE]

umm how do you save a screen shot?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']umm how do you save a screen shot?[/QUOTE]
Easy...
  1. Hit Alt-Print to take a snapshot of whatever you're looking at
  2. Launch Paint (usually by Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint)
  3. Hit Ctrl-V or Edit > Paste to drop the image onto the workspace
  4. Save the file to your PC

[quote name='woobacca']Easy...
  1. Hit Alt-Print to take a snapshot of whatever you're looking at
  2. Launch Paint (usually by Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint)
  3. Hit Ctrl-V or Edit > Paste to drop the image onto the workspace
  4. Save the file to your PC
[/QUOTE]

cool thanx

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Woo if u could give your email address it would make things easier ;P[/QUOTE]
Eh? Oh, I wasn't going to ask anyone for it until the winner was chosen. For the record it's [email protected]. Seriously though, don't send me anything yet. :)

[quote name='woobacca']Eh? Oh, I wasn't going to ask anyone for it until the winner was chosen. For the record it's [email protected]. Seriously though, don't send me anything yet. :)[/QUOTE]

ahh I thought we had to send the email to enter, my bad

thanks for the info count me in I have a screen shot if where to win. I can not thank you enough op for this as you are trying to make a good cause even better. even if I don't win game I still have won by helping out someone that may go without otherwise

Nice thing you are doing here with the raffle. I gave when this first started but hopefully this wil kick others in the pants to give some $.

:applause:

I will give my copy of Disgaea to whoever wins woobacca's raffle. I have a complete, near perfect condition copy sitting here that I'll add to his list. That means you could get this game for as little as $4. :) We're doing this for a good cause though so I expect much much better from my fellow CAGs.

I think this is a wonderful thing he is doing and I would like to help. I don't really have much of interest to give but Disgaea is one of the rarest games I have. I know there are many people looking for this game and hopefully this will motivate more to donate.

I PM'ed woobacca and am currently waiting for a reply. I figure I'll just wait for woobacca to pick a winner and have him PM me the results. Then I'll PM the winner and ask for mailing address and confirmation email/screenshot. This way should be easiest for woobacca and I. Maybe we can get a mod to move this somewhere more visible too.

What are you waiting for? Go donate RIGHT NOW!

Thanks cletus! Disgaea is an amazing donation. I think you've just taken this raffle to the next level. :D

I updated the OP with your and jlarlee's contributions, along with a little additional swag from myself.

[quote name='whitereflection']Sorry if it's been mentioned - is the winner picked after the drive ends?[/QUOTE]
No problem. Yep, I'll pick the winner as soon as Cheapy closes this year's fund.

Nice of cletus and jlaree to contribute some games to the raffle. Disgaea should be a nice incentive for people. I think this could use a bump!

Very nice thing you guys have going in here. I was just getting ready to donate...this should get a lot of donations!

No kidding...a copy of Disgaea? Damn...pity I already have two :cry:

Oh well...donation's in the mail...this is just icing on the cake :D

i would rather saw the games split up like

first name drawn gets like maybe 3 or 4 games
second name dragon gets like 2 or 3 games
3 - 5 gets 1 or 2 games
6- out of stock gets 1 game

i think you would find more people willing to give knowing they have a chance at gettng a game or something then just one person walking away with a ton of games.

like say someone donates 4 bucks wins 20 games
while someone who donated 100 bucks wins 0

[quote name='slidecage']i would rather saw the games split up like

3 - 5 gets 1 or 2 games

i think you would find more people willing to give knowing they have a chance at gettng a game or something then just one person walking away with a ton of games. [/QUOTE] I like the way it is already. What he's doing is already nice enough... It's hard to expect him to pack and ship out 6+ packages.

[quote name='slidecage']like say someone donates 4 bucks wins 20 games
while someone who donated 100 bucks wins 0[/QUOTE] woobacca already mentioned that he didn't want to see people's dollar amounts. The point is to get more participants, regardless of donation size. I think anyone who originally donates $100 cared more about the charity than the raffle anyways.

[quote name='slidecage']i would rather saw the games split up like

3 - 5 gets 1 or 2 games

i think you would find more people willing to give knowing they have a chance at gettng a game or something then just one person walking away with a ton of games.

like say someone donates 4 bucks wins 20 games
while someone who donated 100 bucks wins 0[/QUOTE]
That's not a bad idea...

Thanks judy, I wouldn't mind shipping out a bunch of different packages. I was kinda counting on the winner picking only the games he/she really wanted anyway, based on some comments I read. I guess there's a balance we can find to get the most participation.

[quote name='slidecage']anyone know when the last day to give money is... im planning on doing it once my credit card problem is fixxed..[/QUOTE]
I think it went through mid-December last year. I guess Cheapy hasn't clarified that yet.

You guys should be thanking woobacca for the idea and jlarlee for motivating me to get off my lazy ass and helping. I would love to see more people doing stuff like this.

EDIT: I just noticed this thread was stickied. Thanks to cheapy or whichever mod for doing that.

Ain't no thang... CAG has been good to me this last year. Just wanted to give something back.

If you guys are cool with it, I think slidecage's idea might help increase participation. I had considered offering multiple winners their choice of one system's games (like all Xbox or all PS2, etc.). Or we could go with each winner gets X number of games like slidecage suggested. To make this work, when the raffle closes I would pick something like top 5 winners and 5 more standby winners.

Edit: Thanks for the sticky! :D
I'm kinda liking the system package idea. That way winner #1 doesn't get the best 2-3 games in the whole bag. I dunno, what do you guys think?

[quote name='woobacca']I think it went through mid-December last year. I guess Cheapy hasn't clarified that yet.[/QUOTE]

I spoke to someone at Child's Play and she said Dec. 31st is the last day.

I like the idea of multiple winners, but I dunno if I like the system package thing since not everyone would have each system. I'm thinking it would be better to have three or four games picked randomly for each winner or something.

I'll reiterate what's been said already; you guys are fantastic fuckin' people.

I don't know about the "system" idea, but I'd say you have enough titles to have multiple winners broken down, perhaps, by a "quality" of game. What do you think of that?

Essentially, winners would expect to get 1-2 "A" titles (Disgaea, KOTOR II) and a number of non-"A" titles (Wreckless). I'd fear that people would be unhappy winners if someone got "all the good stuff" and "they got crap titles." I'd arrange the titles into bundles that each have the same approximate value, so everybody's happy. This might mean that the winner who gets Disgaea gets 5 less games than other winners, but the overall "value" is identical.

I think it would be more fun if the winners get to pick their games instead of having them randomly assigned. Also, I don't think we should decide in advance which games will have the most value, 'cause different winners might want different games. If I were in the running, I'd be happy just to win one game - Disgaea. :drool: ;)

How about a variant of slidecage's original idea:
I will pick 10 winners and 10 standbys. Each winner gets to pick three games each. Obviously winner #1 gets the best deal (it is a raffle after all). We go down the list until all the games are given away. We'll need 10 standbys in case some of the winners are not interested in any of the remaining games.

As long as I'm heading to the post office anyway, I'm willing to mail out up to 10 packages. Not a big deal. Jlarlee, for coordination, it might be easier if you just mail me your games (or we can wait and see who picks what). Cletus, since you only have one game (the droolworthy one) it'll be easier for you to just mail the winner directly.

Waddy'all think?

By the way, if we do something like the above maybe I should group the old school PC titles and demo discs as three winnable "packages":

PC adventure game package:
7th Guest
11th Hour
Escape from Monkey Island
King's Quest VII
Zork Nemesis

PC action game package:
3D Ultra Pinball Creep Night
No One Lives Forever
Oni

PC demo/sampler disc package:
Gamer Magazine demo CDs: Aug '98 - Aug '00 (23 discs total)
Infogrames Action Sampler disc (Silver, Slave Zero, Outcast, Independence War)

[quote name='mykevermin']Essentially, winners would expect to get 1-2 "A" titles (Disgaea, KOTOR II) and a number of non-"A" titles (Wreckless). I'd fear that people would be unhappy winners if someone got "all the good stuff" and "they got crap titles." I'd arrange the titles into bundles that each have the same approximate value, so everybody's happy. This might mean that the winner who gets Disgaea gets 5 less games than other winners, but the overall "value" is identical.[/QUOTE]
Maybe we could limit each winner to one "A" title out of the three picks. Anyone want to comment on which games should be considered A-tier?

bread's done
Back