Chris Benoit kills wife, 7 year old son and then self.

[quote name='zewone']I have to agree.

The only classless thing they did was steroid defense press release.[/quote]

Considering this is completely uncharted territory I can't really say anything about how it is being handled. The steroid release was classless though.

Vince's statement before ECW:

Last night on Monday Night Raw, the WWE presented a special tribute show, recognizing the career of Chris Benoit. However, now some 26 hours later, the facts of this horrific tragedy are now apparent. Therefore, other than my comments, there will be no mention of Mr. Benoit tonight. On the contrary, tonight's show will be dedicated to everyone who has been affected by this terrible incident. This evening marks the first step of the healing process. Tonight, the WWE performers will do what they do better than anyone else in the world--entertain you.

Only thing I can say is it seems like wrestlers are destined to follow much the same path as Anna Nicole. I wonder how they last as long as they do.

[quote name='Scorch']WWE.com has released the text messages. Nothing interesting.[/QUOTE]

Yea I thought it would be something more creepy. but the "side door is open" thing is creepy. I'm sorta surprised he didn't axe the dogs.

Brian Christopher (Lawler) on Anderson Cooper now.

Hardly the guy I would want speaking on behalf of my profession.

That was an embarrassment.

BTW, is Anderson Cooper's music the same as La Resistance?

Brian Christopher is on Anderson Cooper's show, and says that WWE has truly cracked down on their drug policy. He states that 10-12 years ago, steroid use was horrible, but the newer policy combined with the steroid issues in baseball led to a crackdown. He looked very bloated facially, and stumbled over his words, but seemed to know what he was talking about, which is a welcome change from some of the other coverage this has gotten.

This Piper-Striker bit rules
Piper - "Let's sing happy birthday to the MARK!"
Striker - "Um, Mr. Piper, it's Matt, it says so right here.
Piper- "Okay, let's sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE MARK!"

[quote name='Rocko']Still seems unreal, to tell you the truth.[/QUOTE]

Yea I was talking to my cousin about it a little bit ago, and kept referring to him as he. Then my cousin said Benoit and I thought wow, Chris Benoit murdered a women, and child. I've been talking about it for two days but I guess never really thought about it. Back during the Monday night wars he was the only person I really liked. I would quit watching raw to watch his matches. I don't know man, I don't think anyone knows. I really need to know a motive.

[quote name='zewone']I have to agree.

The only classless thing they did was steroid defense press release.[/quote]

Not as classless as the media for suggesting 2 murders, committed on separate days mind you, were the result of "roid rage".

Things like this, though, you'll never know.

I suppose most people will just think what they need to think to get past it.

Update from the Observer site about the restraining order papers hitting the web -
Dr. Keith Lipinski pointed out that TMZ.com has posted the court documents of Nancy Benoit's 2003 request for a restraining order against Chris Benoit as well as custody of Daniel Benoit. Here is the link: http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/0626_benoit_dismiss.pdf

Info is released about Daniel's medical condition at http://www.news1130.com/news/topstory/article.jsp?content=20070626_212836_4500 -
Delta woman says wrestler Chris Benoit had a son with Fragile X syndrome
Tuesday, June 26 - 06:28:36 PM Katharine Kitts

DELTA (NEWS1130) - We may never know the reasons behind Chris Benoit's decision to take the life of his wife, young son and himself. However, a Delta woman, who was in contact with the Canadian wrestler a few years ago, said she might have some insight into the family. Pam Winthrope said Benoit's son had a genetic condition called Fragile X syndrome. Winthrope said she has experienced the condition first hand and knows how it can tear a family apart.

Fragile X syndrome is an inherited mental impairment. Pam's 12-year-old son has the condition and she said in an effort to shed light on the syndrome, her husband called Chris Benoit about five years ago.

She said, "We talked to him because I was trying to set up a support group in BC and in Canada, we only have a couple of them. My husband was struggling when we got diagnosed with our son, and Chris was struggling with his. They talked for a few minutes and then he said he didn't want to be a public face for Fragile X, he just wanted to keep it really, really quiet."

Winthrope said she couldn't believe the news that Benoit had taken his life along with his wife and 7-year-old son. She added that families can be torn apart by the disease because it's very difficult to find help and support. She said, "You as a parent have to go out there and find what's available and it's not easy --they don't tell you."

Authorities offered no motive for the killings, which were spread out over a weekend, and would not discuss Benoit’s state of mind.

After reading through all of this, I have to say that I feel like someone took a hammer to my stomach. Could I ever forgive Benoit for the things he did over the weekend? No. I had an uncle who killed his wife and daughter, wounded his son, then offed himself. I'll never forgive him for that.

I won't say anything along the lines of "ZOMG BRUN IN HELL," but I won't be thinking of Benoit in the same light ever again.

[quote name='sgs89']I don't disagree on the technical wrestling point. He was, to be sure, talented.

I am surprised, though, that you don't agree with #6 on my list -- you thought his gap tooth was a cliche wrestling NEEDED? Or it wasn't a cliche? ;)[/QUOTE]

Needed? Nah. I think the fact that he was Canadian protected him from being lambasted as a toothless hick. It was really one of only a few things, outside of his ringwork, that gave him character.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Alex Marvez was just a guest on Nancy Grace and talked about the gruesome new details. Nancy asked "HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF STEROIDS!?!?!" and Alex says that they were found, but that the acts were not done due to steroids, but they were premeditated acts.[/QUOTE]

Anyone should be ashamed to be on her show. Nancy Grace is a dreadful hypersensationalist, one of the worst newscasters I've ever seen, and one of only a handful of women I'd punch in the fucking face unprovoked.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1121061grace1.html

[quote name='Sporadic']The way they went from completely in mourning of the Benoit family to normal show in 24 hours is just....I don't know. I don't know how to put on paper the feeling of almost disgust I feel right now.[/QUOTE]

Vince was right when he said it had to be part of the "healing process," IMO. I'm not fooled for a second into thinking that all the guys backstage, the announcers, ring crew, and miscellaneous staff aren't feeling the same sort of anger, betrayal, disbelief, and utter fucking confusion that we, as fans, are. We're not at all alone in that regard.

I think the show needs to go on, but, frankly, I don't know that I would have attended that show if it were in my area. I'm ready to move on in wrestling, but I'm not ready to cheer or boo anyone just yet.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Brian Christopher is on Anderson Cooper's show, and says that WWE has truly cracked down on their drug policy. He states that 10-12 years ago, steroid use was horrible, but the newer policy combined with the steroid issues in baseball led to a crackdown. He looked very bloated facially, and stumbled over his words, but seemed to know what he was talking about, which is a welcome change from some of the other coverage this has gotten.[/QUOTE]

My wife taped this while I was out tonight. Brian Christopher defied all expectations and came across rather well, answering questions honestly, taking Cooper to task for using a quote of his out of context, and avoiding implicating steroid use into Benoit's situation.

A woman tells News 1130 in Vancouver, B.C. that Chris Benoit's son Daniel had a condition called Fragile X syndrome. Wikipedia describes the symptoms:

Aside from intellectual disability (mental retardation), prominent characteristics of the syndrome include an elongated face, large or protruding ears, flat feet, larger testicals in men (macroorchidism), and low muscle tone. Behavioral characteristics may include stereotypic movements (e.g., hand-flapping) and atypical social development, particularly shyness and limited eye contact. Some individuals with the fragile X syndrome also meet the diagnostic criteria for autism. While full mutation males tend to present with severe intellectual disability, the symptomology of full mutation females runs the gamut of minimally affected to severe intellectual disability, which may explain why females are underdiagnosed relative to males.

The woman interviewed for the News 1130 story says her family was in contact with the Benoits, but they didn't want to go public with the disease and chose to keep things low profile. She added that families can be torn apart by the disease because it's very difficult to find help and support. She said, "You as a parent have to go out there and find what's available and it's not easy --they don't tell you."

PW Torch citing a Vancouver radio report where a woman in contact w/ the Benoits knew the son had a genetic disorder.

[quote name='2Fast']For some reason I'm a little surprised at all the national attention this is getting.[/QUOTE]

Well when its a situation involving a very well known athlete/celebrity murdering his family then I'm not surprised.

[quote name='2Fast']For some reason I'm a little surprised at all the national attention this is getting.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm not...with three murders or murder suicides by men of their wives and children over the last two weeks...it's like a fucking epidemic. You will see these stories all over the news, repeated, examined, reexamined...

[quote name='mykevermin']PW Torch citing a Vancouver radio report where a woman in contact w/ the Benoits knew the son had a genetic disorder.[/QUOTE]

Could be a motive for the murder. He blames his wife that his son has a disorder. Then kills them. He wasn't right to begin with so...

[quote name='Demolition Man']Well when its a situation involving a very well known athlete/celebrity murdering his family then I'm not surprised.[/quote]

I don't consider Chris Benoit to be that well known. I mean, I guess I'm just surprised to see so many news outlets talking about Benoit - a wrestler. Granted, these are some very extreme circumstances, but it's still all so strange to me.

[quote name='loserboy']Well, I'm not...with three murders or murder suicides by men of their wives and children over the last two weeks...it's like a fucking epidemic. You will see these stories all over the news, repeated, examined, reexamined...[/QUOTE]

WTF ever happened to daddy just running out on the family? Why the lets just whack everyone? "I'm going for a pack of smokes." and never returns. Or A boy named Sue like the Johnny Cash song.

I'm more surprised that Paris Hilton's release from jail is getting less media attention than this.

I'd like to quote WWE's releases on the Benoit situation and their reaction to the media attention. I'm no WWE apologist, and have done some research on my own on wrestling-related deaths. I'm not ready to consider a double murder and suicide in the same realm as the numerous other wrestling deaths. It's just not comparable. I've been irritated and sickened by the way WWE reacted to other media attention, but in this case, they assembled a very cogent and well-written statement on why the media's pursuance of the "steroid claim" is fallacious, sensationalistic, and irresponsible.

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.

The WWE has handled this the best they could, and their statement reacting to the media's witch hunt breaks down the media's wrongness quite well. The media, however, seems to be chugging along, ignoring the timeline of events in order to chide WWE for having a "tribute" show, and ignoring the facts that (1) toxicology reports won't be around for 2 weeks and (2) many wrestlers do steroids, no wrestlers murder their families, so any presumed correlation is false by virtue of the number of "false negatives."

The picture of Benoit's homelife seems to show a man who was a strict disciplinarian (based on his treatment of other, younger wrestlers, his own over-the-top self-discipline, and the discussion, during the tribute show, of how Benoit's children behaved), was prone to bouts of rage and aggression (based on the 2003 divorce filing), and immensely private (given how contrary all of this seems to how his colleagues in the WWE described him as a "family man"). In addition, his child's disorder was geneic in origin, so he could potentially be the carrier, and may have some semblance of the disorder himself (he always looked like he suffered from dwarfism to a very, very small extent). I think there's plenty of speculation that can happen in the real world without pointing the finger at steroids yet. However, as the WWE points out, the evidence shows premeditation and an elongated period of rage (murders taking place over days, the suicide taking place over a day after the murder) - which is quite contrary to "roid rage," which is centered around bursts of aggression.

[quote name='mykevermin']In addition, his child's disorder was geneic in origin, so he could potentially be the carrier, and may have some semblance of the disorder himself (he always looked like he suffered from dwarfism to a very, very small extent).[/QUOTE]

I concur large head smaller body. His son also had a larger sized head.

That would explain why he was such a private/non-outgoing person, no?

Of course it doesn't take a disorder to be like that, but if it's a genetic disorder his son carries...

[quote name='Rocko']Of course it doesn't take a disorder to be like that, but if it's a genetic disorder his son carries...[/QUOTE]

Oversimplified mathematics: since women provide XX chromosomes, and men XY, Nancy was twice as likely to have provided the disorder than Chris. Family history, of course, will show which side it came from.

[quote name='Graystone']WTF ever happened to daddy just running out on the family? Why the lets just whack everyone? "I'm going for a pack of smokes." and never returns. Or A boy named Sue like the Johnny Cash song.[/QUOTE]

"I Need to return some video tapes"

[quote name='mykevermin']

The picture of Benoit's homelife seems to show a man who was a strict disciplinarian (based on his treatment of other, younger wrestlers, his own over-the-top self-discipline, and the discussion, during the tribute show, of how Benoit's children behaved), was prone to bouts of rage and aggression (based on the 2003 divorce filing), and immensely private (given how contrary all of this seems to how his colleagues in the WWE described him as a "family man"). In addition, his child's disorder was geneic in origin, so he could potentially be the carrier, and may have some semblance of the disorder himself (he always looked like he suffered from dwarfism to a very, very small extent). I think there's plenty of speculation that can happen in the real world without pointing the finger at steroids yet. However, as the WWE points out, the evidence shows premeditation and an elongated period of rage (murders taking place over days, the suicide taking place over a day after the murder) - which is quite contrary to "roid rage," which is centered around bursts of aggression.[/quote]
Interesting theories. It's a sad story all around. Very strange circumstances. The big question is why? Why would someone snap and commit the incredibly heinous act of killing one's family, by strangulation no less. I've been a huge Benoit fan for years and consider Woman/Nancy to have been one of most dynamic valets in wrestling, ranging from the 80s and her sultry Fallen Angel gimmick to the more professional and assertive roles she later played in ECW and WCW. It's just all hard to accept and I guess I'll just wait for more details before making any definitive statements at the time.

A couple of points:
If his son did in fact have fragile X, Chris could not possibly be a carrier for the condition as the X chromasome would come from the mom. Since the child was a boy, he must have received a Y from his father and an X from his mother! No further testing/history necessary.
Fragile x is basically a condition in which a normally present chain of CGG repeats is exagerated in length causing methylation of a region and failure to express a gene. The number of repeats tends to increase with each generation and usually females (even with many repeats) are asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic since they have another X chromosome to somewhat compensate.

As far as Dwarfism, he was what about 5'10" 230 lbs., he just looked small next to the other guys who are 6'5" 280 lbs and up. Plus he was really built up, making his limbs look shorter.

[quote name='JJSP']1000 posts in, and we're still playing Law & Order.[/quote]

Which is fairly pointless from this point on. We're never going to know what Benoit's motive was to do this. Why he'd throw away fame, vast wealth, and the ECW title he was likely going to win Sunday night.

I wonder if he even thought about the WWE and his fans at all when he was killing his family. I wonder if he gave any thought that he was going to ruin Vince's huge (also untasteful and sick) fake "death" angle. Vince had to be jacking-off on a daily basis at how much of a buzz that limo stuff created. Obviously all that matters so little now.

Here's a sick question, had the details emerged sooner and Vince had known Benoit had murdered his family before killing himself, would Vince have broken character and ended the limo angle? I guess we'll never know that, I'd love to ask McMahon himself. My gut feeling tells me he'd answer "no" at this point regardless though.

[quote name='JJSP']1000 posts in, and we're still playing Law & Order.[/QUOTE]

No were not. People are now just trying to figure out the motive now.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']"I Need to return some video tapes"[/QUOTE]

Whats that from?

[quote name='BigT']The big question is why? Why would someone snap and commit the incredibly heinous act of killing one's family, by strangulation no less. [/QUOTE]

The act of strangulation is very personal way to murder someone. A gun you point, and pull a trigger. A knife you plunge into someone. Both of those are not that intimate ways of murder. With strangulation You have to exert more physical strength while hearing the person gasp, and squirm to get out.

[quote name='BigT']Interesting theories. It's a sad story all around. Very strange circumstances. The big question is why? Why would someone snap and commit the incredibly heinous act of killing one's family, by strangulation no less. I've been a huge Benoit fan for years and consider Woman/Nancy to have been one of most dynamic valets in wrestling, ranging from the 80s and her sultry Fallen Angel gimmick to the more professional and assertive roles she later played in ECW and WCW. It's just all hard to accept and I guess I'll just wait for more details before making any definitive statements at the time.

A couple of points:
If his son did in fact have fragile X, Chris could not possibly be a carrier for the condition as the X chromasome would come from the mom. Since the child was a boy, he must have received a Y from his father and an X from his mother! No further testing/history necessary.
Fragile x is basically a condition in which a normally present chain of CGG repeats is exagerated in length causing methylation of a region and failure to express a gene. The number of repeats tends to increase with each generation and usually females (even with many repeats) are asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic since they have another X chromosome to somewhat compensate.

As far as Dwarfism, he was what about 5'10" 230 lbs., he just looked small next to the other guys who are 6'5" 280 lbs and up. Plus he was really built up, making his limbs look shorter.[/quote]

I don't know who you are, but when someone makes intelligent and well crafted comments like that, I'd like to know why they don't post here more. :)

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']
I wonder if he even thought about the WWE and his fans at all when he was killing his family. I wonder if he gave any thought that he was going to ruin Vince's huge (also untasteful and sick) fake "death" angle. Vince had to be jacking-off on a daily basis at how much of a buzz that limo stuff created. Obviously all that matters so little now. [/QUOTE]

I think he did a lot of thinking he waited two days before he axed himself. I don't want to get graphic so I'll put it in spoilers.

He kills his family, then after a day the body starts to smell. Two days later he's sitting in a home with dead bodies that are in rigor, and decomposing. The insanity in his mind must have been great to do that. Even serial killers don't hold onto the bodies they always dump them soon after the murder sans a few of them.

[quote name='BigT']As far as Dwarfism, he was what about 5'10" 230 lbs., he just looked small next to the other guys who are 6'5" 280 lbs and up. Plus he was really built up, making his limbs look shorter.[/QUOTE]

Most wrestlers are built up, and very few appear to have arms and legs as short (proportionate to their body) as Benoit. His height and weight don't have anything to do with dwarfism. A kid who hung out in the scene years ago (passed away, unfortunately) was several inches taller than me (at least 6'1-6'2"), and suffered from dwarfism, making his arms short relative to his body size.

As for the X/Y chromosome thing, that's my mistake. I forgot my punnet squares. :lol:

[quote name='Graystone']No were not. People are now just trying to figure out the motive now.

Whats that from?

[/QUOTE]

American Psycho, It's what Patrick Bateman said before he started his killing spree in the end.

I would imagine after killing his wife he probably began to feel a great deal of regret. Although, tying her up and shit? That's not temporary rage, that's a serious psychopath move.

Anyway, perhaps he was like Jekyl and Hyde. He snapped, went over the edge and killed his wife. Then came down, probably in a surreal frame of mind, in disbelief at what he'd just done.

He then starts making excuses and finally decides the only way out is to take his own life. He decides to kill his son, so his kid doesn't have to go through life with Fragile X disease and without his parents.

The bibles of course would be him trying to find a way to attone for his wicked sins.

I do kind of wonder why there was so much time lapse between when he killed his son to when he killed himself.

I'd imagine after killing his wife he probably hadn't made up his mind as to what his next move would be for certain yet. The fact that he even bothered to contact the WWE to lie about why he was missing shows adds even more confusion. Perhaps he was still thinking about how he might get out of all of this.

In the end he probably realized suicide was the only way out and the only way to avoid spending his new life of shame in prison.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']American Psycho, It's what Patrick Bateman said before he started his killing spree in the end.[/quote]

Feed me a stray cat :rofl:

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I don't know who you are, but when someone makes intelligent and well crafted comments like that, I'd like to know why they don't post here more. :)[/quote]

Thanks! If I had more free time I would... School/work keeps me busy now.

[quote name='mykevermin']Most wrestlers are built up, and very few appear to have arms and legs as short (proportionate to their body) as Benoit.[/QUOTE]

You look at his pics his arms looked like they came down to his waist. My arms, and every other normal persons arms/hands come to my/our thighs.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']American Psycho, It's what Patrick Bateman said before he started his killing spree in the end.[/QUOTE]

oh yea it sounded familiar.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I would imagine after killing his wife he probably began to feel a great deal of regret. Although, tying her up and shit? That's not temporary rage, that's a serious psychopath move.

Anyway, perhaps he was like Jekyl and Hyde. He snapped, went over the edge and killed his wife. Then came down, probably in a surreal frame of mind, in disbelief at what he'd just done.

He then starts making excuses and finally decides the only way out is to take his own life. He decides to kill his son, so his kid doesn't have to go through life with Fragile X disease and without his parents.
The bibles of course would be him trying to find a way to attone for his wicked sins.
I do kind of wonder why there was so much time lapse between when he killed his son to when he killed himself.
I'd imagine after killing his wife he probably hadn't made up his mind as to what his next move would be for certain yet. The fact that he even bothered to contact the WWE to lie about why he was missing shows adds even more confusion. Perhaps he was still thinking about how he might get out of all of this.
In the end he probably realized suicide was the only way out and the only way to avoid spending his new life of shame in prison.[/QUOTE]

I think when he tied her up. He was going to try to bury the body. But I agree with what you say none of it makes sense. What the hell was the motive.

[quote name='Graystone']

I think when he tied her up. He was going to try to bury the body. But I agree with what you say none of it makes sense. What the hell was the motive.[/QUOTE]

Steroid rage? that was my gut reaction reading about this...

[quote name='Apossum']Steroid rage? that was my gut reaction reading about this...[/QUOTE]
You must have missed the past couple of pages...

[quote name='Apossum']Steroid rage? that was my gut reaction reading about this...[/QUOTE]

Roid rage, and a one a day murder for three days are two completely different things IMO.

I get what your saying though.

[quote name='zewone']You must have missed the past couple of pages...[/QUOTE]

I sure did, should've looked a few posts up.

nevermind, nothing to see here...that's an insane story.

[quote name='mykevermin']Most wrestlers are built up, and very few appear to have arms and legs as short (proportionate to their body) as Benoit. His height and weight don't have anything to do with dwarfism. A kid who hung out in the scene years ago (passed away, unfortunately) was several inches taller than me (at least 6'1-6'2"), and suffered from dwarfism, making his arms short relative to his body size.

As for the X/Y chromosome thing, that's my mistake. I forgot my punnet squares. :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, dwarfism isn't a great or specific medical term I guess. FWIW, I'm used to it meaning "short stature" - something like less than 2.5 std deviations below the mean. Classically, achondroplasia causes shortening of the limbs (as a bit of trivia, this is one of the few disorders linked with advanced paternal age; other stuff like Down syndrome are typically linked with advanced maternal age). Usually these patients have both short arms and short legs with a relatively normal head and trunk size... Since their legs are involved, they are typically short. I'm sure that there are disorders that account for the anecdote you mentioned, but I am not personally aware of what that is called.

Either way, to me Benoit looked to be within normal limits. His limbs may have been on the short side, but not abnormally so.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']

In the end he probably realized suicide was the only way out and the only way to avoid spending his new life of shame in prison. [/quote]

If I just realized that I had killed my family, people I once had loved, I would not want to live with myself either. Who knows what happened, who knows what state of mind he was in? As far as we know, he may have experienced a paranoid psychotic episode, which would not be totally out of the realm of possibility givin his profile of being a very private/self-disciplined individual.

Yet in the end, the acts that he allegedly commited were irreversible and by comitting those acts he was already dead; there was no going back to a normal life. While suicide is widely condemned, in such a circumstance, I do not really mind it. At least the killer is not trying to runaway or contest charges in court... but in some small way he is taking justice into his own hands and making the process much quicker. And, I imagine that hanging oneself with a makeshift noose is not exactly the most pleasant and pain-free way to die.

[quote name='BigT'] And, I imagine that hanging oneself with a makeshift noose is not exactly the most pleasant and pain-free way to die.[/QUOTE]

Hell no your hanging there with your body weight on your neck. Pulling on your neck which is causing tons of pain. Plus your choking to death at the same time. He died painfully but not enough IMO.

I really can't add anything new or noteworthy, I've been reading this thread the last day or so and I guess I just wanted to say I am still stunned. I guess I'm just still in shock.

Not that it matters, or anyone cares, but I haven't really watched wrestling in about 5 years. And even when I did, I wasn't a huge Beniot fan- but the whole thing is so tragic- cliched as that may be- I just feel horrible for everyone. And with a 6 year old nephew of my own, I cannot fathom the acts.

As much as I hate Vince McMahon, and what he has done to wrestling in general and ECW in particular, I think he (and WWE) handled everything as well as can be expected. They had little information before Raw and acted as they saw fit then, and now as the real story is coming out.

Anyways, as I said I have nothing really to add. I guess I just needed to get that out.

bread's done
Back