Chris Benoit kills wife, 7 year old son and then self.

I am not going to say that what he did was right, it definately wasn't and that he should be universally condemned for his actions. That being said, no matter how much anger people have for what he did it changes nothing. I would much rather look back on the positives than at the negatives with regards to what happened, and hopefully the toxicology results come back that more information about what occured will be revealed.

[quote name='Demolition Man']The only question linquring (spelling?) barring any new evidence that might suddenly reveal something else might of happened is why did Chris do this? There has to be more than just "roid rage" behind all of this.[/QUOTE]

That may be the thing we never know. Also at the press conference they said they wouldn't reveal the motive. So it seems as if they know the motive, or there was one found in the home.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I wonder how many other murderers with "one bad day" get a chance to be looked on with a favorable light for the good they did? Scott Peterson? Bobby Cutts? Lee Malvo? Lee Harvey Oswald? John Wilkes Booth?[/QUOTE]

Most of those people killed to get away with something. Benoit killed himself after what he did which shows that he at least knew what he did was wrong and took his life in such a manner that would make sure he felt some suffering before he died.

I was listening to CNN on Sirius on my way home from work and they had a guy on there from the pd maybe, not sure but he revealed what the text messages said:

1. That Nancy and his son were sick and throwing up blood (the policew believe this was sent after both were killed)

2. That the dogs need to go outside and the door was open

i dont know if this has been posted or not

[quote name='CaseyRyback'] would make sure he felt some suffering before he died.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't, it means he didn't want to rot in a prison cell.
If he felt pain everyone would have died with the same 2 hour period or so. But he walked around his home with dead bodies for days.

Deleted the tribute off the DVR.

He doesn't deserve to be remembered anymore, imo, the same way nobody really remembers OJ Simpson's accomplishments other than the fact he murdered his wife.

As much as I was a fan of Benoit all I'll be able to see is a murderer, regardless of what "character" he played.

personally they need to cancell ECW and smackdown. THey barely have enough people to fill one show let alone 3. Maybe if they didnt make them work what 300+ days out of the year you wouldnt need painkillers and roids.

Just have one Major event a week for 3 hours , but then again that wouldnt make enough money for vince.

Got a question

they said wrestling is fake right.. well back in the mid 80s What they showed on TV and what happened at the taping was 2 different things

Tapping Earthquake smashed hogan. Hogan had 2 cracked ribs and didnt fight that night and spend few hours in our hospial

What the showed on tv. HOgan popped up afger getting smashed and beat the crap out of earthquake

So the stuff you see on tv might be fake but what happens Live i dont think was fake years ago...

I wonder if Pushing Benoit from Monday night to ecw could of cause him to snap. (maybe less $$ or more extreme things were expecting from him)

Also what ever became of the giant

--------------------------------------------
Deleted the tribute off the DVR.-
------------------------------------------

yea i did that too BUT i saved it to tape. I want to see how ecw and smackdown handle it tonight. I got a funny feeling they wont say a thing

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Most of those people killed to get away with something. Benoit killed himself after what he did which shows that he at least knew what he did was wrong and took his life in such a manner that would make sure he felt some suffering before he died.[/quote]

You've got to be f'ing kidding me.

I don't care if he ripped out his own fingernails with pliers and then slowly dipped himself into an acid bath.

The man is a murderer and a coward for killing himself and not facing his punishment.

Wow, now that the allegations are proven to be true, I don't know what to think. I mean, Benoit was someone I looked up to for his work ethic and helping out younger guys. He made MVP look halfway decent, which is difficult. But after hearing exactly what he did and how he did it I am just numb.

[quote name='slidecage']

I wonder if Pushing Benoit from Monday night to ecw could of cause him to snap. (maybe less $$ or more extreme things were expecting from him)
[/QUOTE]

Please, just stop posting.

[quote name='onetrackmind']I was listening to CNN on Sirius on my way home from work and they had a guy on there from the pd maybe, not sure but he revealed what the text messages said:

1. That Nancy and his son were sick and throwing up blood (the policew believe this was sent after both were killed)

2. That the dogs need to go outside and the door was open

i dont know if this has been posted or not[/quote]

Another one I heard was "take care of the bank accounts"

And, that's kinda sickening, WERE sick.

just saying you never know.

didnt the cops say they was not going to release what the messages said so why would they be putting them out now

and watch tonight. im sure they will not say a word about. they will try to bury it ..

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Another one I heard was "take care of the bank accounts"

And, that's kinda sickening, WERE sick.[/QUOTE]

Damn thats some creepy shit.

[quote name='slidecage']I got a funny feeling they wont say a thing[/quote]
You probably got that feeling because THEY'VE ALREADY SAID THAT THE TWO SHOWS WILL BE WRESTLING ONLY AND WILL NOT FEATURE A BENOIT TRIBUTE. jeez.

[quote name='slidecage'] and watch tonight. im sure they will not say a word about. they will try to bury it ..[/quote]

Stop posting.

[quote name='Scorch']You probably got that feeling because THEY'VE ALREADY SAID THAT THE TWO SHOWS WILL BE WRESTLING ONLY AND WILL NOT FEATURE A BENOIT TRIBUTE. jeez.

Stop posting.[/QUOTE]

never heard that. That is why i was asking eariler tonight what will be on ECW and smackdown. Thanks for posting now i know both will be wrestling only.

and the police have already said they are not going to release what the messages were at least on fox. so why would they release this info to the public

[quote name='Plinko']The man is a murderer and a coward for killing himself and not facing his punishment.[/QUOTE]

Coward for killing himself and not facing his punishment?

What else would have happened besides him sitting on death row for 20 years before being executed by the state?

i totaly appreciate slidecages form of comic relief.

he's saying "i bet the sun comes up tomorrow" and you guys are all like "no shit the weatherman said it would!"

maybe being away from here for a while helps me appreciate him more...

[quote name='Sporadic']Coward for killing himself and not facing his punishment?

What else would have happened besides him sitting on death row for 20 years before being executed by the state?[/QUOTE]

I now realize you have no idea how the penal system works, and condone murder, and suicide.

[quote name='Sporadic']Coward for killing himself and not facing his punishment?

What else would have happened besides him sitting on death row for 20 years before being executed by the state?[/QUOTE]

Not only that but this whole incident has to be hard for his other two kids. Seeing their dad be tried in a criminal court and getting to watch him rot before the state takes his life would be much harder for them than just losing him now.

[quote name='punqsux']its unfair to expect everybody to immedietly invalidate a persons entire life because of a horrible thing they did.[/QUOTE]I agree with this. And I admit, I'd probably see it different if I wasn't a wrestling fan. But I guess you could say I'm a big advocate of forgiveness, even in extreme circumstances. Forgiving, but not forgetting - yes, there is a difference.

"Forgetting," in this case, would be asking us to ignore what Benoit did and give him a pass because of his legacy. And I realize that NO ONE in this thread is going that route, thankfully. So please don't think I'm accusing anyone here. But I'm trying to say that it's not some sort of dichotomy, where you either give him a pass or tell him to rot in hell.

I can't help but feel sorry for everyone...sorry that Chris decided to do this, and sorry for his family. It's hard for me to really feel any anger or hatred towards Benoit; just sorrow that this guy decided to do something so horrible, especially to his family who didn't deserve it.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Not only that but this whole incident has to be hard for his other two kids. Seeing their dad be tried in a criminal court and getting to watch him rot before the state takes his life would be much harder for them than just losing him now.[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to lose respect for you. He didn't die of heart failure CR. He fucking killed his kid, and wife, and took his own life.

I'm like a lot of people here, I want to remember Benoit as an awesome wrestler, but at the same time, he's still a murderer, so it's a very conflicting set of emotions and thoughts as to what to think.

I have no sympathy for Benoit now. There's just no place in the world for people who kill children, especially their own.

Now that all the details have come to light, I have as much disgust for Chris Benoit the person as I had respect for Chris Benoit the wrestler.

With all the shit I found out, I still respect him for all the wrestling talent he had. I will still watch matches of his because I liked the way he worked. He was one of the best tech wrestler's we will ever see. Which is rare in the WWE.

I never cared for learning about wrestler's personal life. I watch them to preform act's the which I could not. That's why I still respect his in ring talent.

You could never take away what he did for the business, it's just a shame that his legacy will forever be tarnished as a murder.

I saw this on SA:

WARNING SIGNS THAT SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH CHRIS BENOIT
By: Bob Ryder 1Wrestling.com
6/26/2007 5:08:55 PM

In speaking with close friends and confidants of Chris Benoit contacted this afternoon, apparently there were some warning signs that something was wrong with Benoit.

Some of the information learned by 1Wrestling.com by colleagues and friends that did not want to be quoted:

"This wasn't roid rage, this was insanity. Roid rage doesn't last for 48 hours. There were signs that something was wrong. Stories have emerged that a year ago he became paranoid and believed he was being followed. He wouldn't let Nancy leave the house because he believed someone was out to get them."

“Chris hated religion. He didn't believe in it. I cannot comprehend him putting bibles by the bodies. I am shocked.”

In addition, 1Wrestling has learned that sources close to Nancy are reporting that she had a safety deposit box with evidence of past rages and that authorities should check the box if anything ever happened to her

I don't have anything new to add about this tragedy, but I hope this prompts the WWE to take a look at really doing something about the drug problem in pro wrestling. It's self-parody when they say they are performing tougher drug tests, but on Raw and Smackdown, roided assclowns like Batista and Chris Masters are showcased week after week. I wish they would just give these guys real drug tests for their own good.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']I saw this on SA:[/quote]

This thing just gets weirder as time goes on--the man must have been out of his mind.

[quote name='Graystone']I'm starting to lose respect for you. He didn't die of heart failure CR. He fucking killed his kid, and wife, and took his own life.[/QUOTE]

Again what does that have to do with "him being a coward and not facing his punishment"?

His punishment would have been getting executed by the state or if he was really loony, spending the rest of his life in a mental institution.

[quote name='Plinko']This thing just gets weirder as time goes on--the man must have been out of his mind.[/quote]

This business, as much as I love it, does seem to do that to some of it's stars as their careers go on.

Damn, since I just got my cable and internet taken out. I just read through this whole thing. I used to love and respect Benoit, now I'm at a lost for words on how I feel. He was indeed a great wrestler, but going crazy and murdering his family, I just can't seperate the two. This is really sad. fuck.

I have a question--has anybody heard anything about how the son didn't realize his mom was dead for an entire day?

That part of the story just seems odd to me.

[quote name='Sporadic']
His punishment would have been getting executed by the state or if he was really loony, spending the rest of his life in a mental institution.[/QUOTE]

Which is punishment for his crimes. He did kill a child, a fucking baby do you not understand that. An innocent child is dead cause your hero slaughtered him; Suicide isn't a way out of a crime. I say we should stick his corpse in an electric chair.

It seems like suicide is perfectly acceptable so I guess if you ever face jail time your going to hang yourself.

[quote name='Plinko']I have a question--has anybody heard anything about how the son didn't realize his mom was dead for an entire day?

That part of the story just seems odd to me.[/QUOTE]

I think that the wife was killed while the child was asleep and then did the kid in the morning.

Start a new wrestling thread ZL.. let's just leave this thread open for talk about Benoit, but continue discussion on normal issues in another thread.

[quote name='Graystone']Which is punishment for his crimes. He did kill a child, a fucking baby do you not understand that. An innocent child is dead cause your hero slaughtered him; Suicide isn't a way out of a crime. I say we should stick his corpse in an electric chair.

It seems like suicide is perfectly acceptable so I guess if you ever face jail time your going to hang yourself.[/QUOTE]

What?

Seriously are you reading any of my post or just flipping out because a horrible event occurred?

He's dead, whether it's by the state's hands or his own, the end result is all the same.

The guy isn't my hero, I never said suicide was perfectly acceptable.

[quote name='Scorch']Start a new wrestling thread ZL.. let's just leave this thread open for talk about Benoit, but continue discussion on normal issues in another thread.[/QUOTE]

We could just reopen the TNA Wrestling 5 Year & Sherri Martel topic.

[quote name='Demolition Man']We could just reopen the TNA Wrestling 5 Year & Sherri Martel topic.[/QUOTE]

send me a link and I will reopen it.

This ass hat was no hero. WWE doing a tribute show to this fucker? They should do the shows they were going to do and donate the money to an organization to prevent this type of non-sense. WWE better erase any memory that this fucker ever existed.

I usually do the whole "of the dead, speak nothing but good thing". But if this thread is remotely true: burn in hell, useless shitbag waste-of-life fuck.

[quote name='SubiDoobieDoo']This ass hat was no hero. WWE doing a tribute show to this fucker? They should do the shows they were going to do and donate the money to an organization to prevent this type of non-sense. WWE better erase any memory that this fucker ever existed.[/QUOTE]
ignoring the past, a strong outlook on the future.

I used to be a wrestling fan back in the day, so I remember Chris Benoit well.

As far as still respecting him as the wrestler despite what he did, call me old fashioned, but I won't be doing that. This man was (if all of these stories are true) one of the lowliest people on the planet. Good riddance to him, rest in peace to his family.

Of course, that's only if these stories are true. Also, I'm not saying that's how everyone should feel, that's just how I feel.

EDIT: I tried to restrain my wording so as to not allow myself to revert to name calling and cursing someone's grave, but I pretty much feel like PyroGamer and SubiDoobieDoo two posts above me.

From WWE.com

WWE® Shocked At Latest Developments In Benoit Tragedy, Concerned By Sensationalistic Reporting
Written: June 26, 2007

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']I saw this on SA:[/QUOTE]
If that's the case, then this isn't nearly as clear-cut as I think you'd all like it to be. Insanity doesn't justify what he did, but you guys might want to rethink your wishes for him to burn in hell or your sudden fierce hatred for him - if this actually is what happened, then he apparently hasn't been in anything close to a reasonable state of mind for some time now.

J.R just posted on his blog:

J.R. Remembers Chris Benoit

I am in shock, as I’m sure many of you are as well, at the horrific tragedy that occurred involving Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy, and their son Daniel. I knew them all well and this is a terrible and unnecessary loss of 3 lives.

Monday in Corpus Christi was surreal and overtly challenging for everyone. Broadcasting the 3 hour tribute show on Raw seemed befitting to recognize Chris’ career, but it wasn’t an easy show to execute. As of this writing, I couldn’t pass a quiz as to what actually aired.

The details that are now coming out of the police investigation are beyond my comprehension. I don’t even know how to respond to them.

I knew Chris for many, many years and knew his wife Nancy even longer. Daniel was a precious, little gentleman.

While the news media reports on this senseless and tragic event, my thoughts turn to the families of Nancy and Chris and especially to Chris’ two other young children, David and Megan, notwithstanding the Benoit’s many friends and business associates who will miss them all so dearly.

For those of us that knew this family on a personal basis, this tragedy is especially heartbreaking.
I did not sleep Monday night thinking about the last time I saw Chris, Nancy, and David. I remember the smiles on their faces. I will try and retain that memory for as long as I possibly can.
This is a surreal, unfathomable occurrence. For all of those that are hurting as are my wife, Jan and me, we wish you our sincere condolences.

We are all hurting, but we all must move forward. May God Bless and comfort the Benoit family and their many friends during this time.
J.R.

bread's done
Back