Circuit City August Clearance

botticus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Consider this a temporary thread until someone from CC can post a more complete list. What we have currently is only what is listed on the website or has been checked in-store. Thanks to Donnums, wlau, zman73, and kell. Forgive me if I missed crediting anyone.

All games $16.96. July thread can be found here.

:ps3:
The Club
F.E.A.R.
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Tony Hawk's Project 8

:wii:
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
FarCry Vengeance

:ds:
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Mortal Kombat
Surf's Up

:360:
Eternal Sonata
NBA Street Homecourt
Armored Core 4

:gba:
TMNT
Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

:ps2:
DDR Supernova
Manhunt 2
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

:xbox:
Family Guy
Call of Duty 3
Lego Star Wars 1
Lego Star Wars 2

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco']That damn Super Mario Advance 4 (Super Mario Bros 3) is the only one I'm missing of the 4, because it's the one that hasn't gone player's choice and to the best of my knowledge was never really clearance priced anywhere. It was always $29.99.[/quote]
If you could find it, it was clearanced at Target not too long ago.

Did a big swoop to 3 CCs.
Here are some upcs to help in your search.
Only 1 store had more than one title I was seeking (and it was a mess! - yeah for me)

GBA Super Mario 3 045496733384

Wii Fire Emblem 045496900410
Wii Dragon Quest 662248907208

DS Final Fantasy XII RV 662248907147

360 Eternal Sonata 722674210096

Also found a couple more penny guides.

Thanks again Op!

360 Overlord was $19.99 (only one copy in 4 stores)

[quote name='karkyco']What?!? Overlord is clearanced out as well? Was this PS3 version or X360???[/QUOTE]

Jesus tapdancing christ..... this too? We REALLY need a complete list. It has to be the 360 version, I think the PS3 version is too new.

Can somebody check the Oblivion add-on disc for 360? It's dropped from the website, and I don't see it on the previously clearance lists. I'd guess this is one of them that is clearanced. Also, I think Dead Rising is down to $19, and Burnout: Paradise is down to $29.99 (probably posted in the mark down thread, but just in case).

[quote name='karkyco']What?!? Overlord is clearanced out as well? Was this PS3 version or X360???[/quote]360 version, as the PS3 version just came out in the last month or so.

If the PS3 version dropped that cheap, then it's the new champion for quickest price drop.

[quote name='shrike4242']360 version, as the PS3 version just came out in the last month or so.

If the PS3 version dropped that cheap, then it's the new champion for quickest price drop.[/quote]

Yeah, that's why I was asking. I assumed it was the 360, but had fingers crossed, LOL!

I forgot to mention, I also thought that I might get lucky and checked if the big boxed WarHawk (with headset) was either clearanced or at Greatest Hits pricing, but tragically it rang up at $49.99.

[quote name='guinaevere']Oh, just in case it hasn't been mentioned. At CC last night, I saw new little coupons, $10 or $15 off a $100 purchase. I forget the dates though.[/QUOTE]

The new coupon valid from 8/15 - 8/24. You can find the coupon at Customer Service desk.

overlord isn't part of this week's clearance the only 360 games clearanced were(from memory) Ace Combat 4, Eternal Sonata, NBA Homecourt. As for PS3 they were: FEAR, The Club, Tony Hawk Proving Grounds, Tony HAwk Project 8, Marvel Ultimate Alliance. On a side note I can get pretty much anything from this clearance still.

[quote name='bill123']overlord isn't part of this week's clearance the only 360 games clearanced were(from memory) Ace Combat 4, Eternal Sonata, NBA Homecourt. [/quote]

Did you mean to say Armored Core 4? Because if AC4 is on clearance, then I'm on my way back to CC.

[quote name='bill123']overlord isn't part of this week's clearance the only 360 games clearanced were(from memory) Ace Combat 4, Eternal Sonata, NBA Homecourt. As for PS3 they were: FEAR, The Club, Tony Hawk Proving Grounds, Tony HAwk Project 8, Marvel Ultimate Alliance. On a side note I can get pretty much anything from this clearance still.[/QUOTE]

God damnit, I want Marvel Ultimate Alliance and would have picked it up if I knew it was clearance, as of right now I wont be able to go until tuesday and my local CC usually gets cleared out within a week of these games going clearance.

[quote name='probablysober']God damnit, I want Marvel Ultimate Alliance and would have picked it up if I knew it was clearance, as of right now I wont be able to go until tuesday and my local CC usually gets cleared out within a week of these games going clearance.[/quote]

Yeah, but just about everybody has MUA on the 360, hell they were packed in with various systems for a quite a while. You should be okay on this one.

[quote name='jazzman']Did you mean to say Armored Core 4? Because if AC4 is on clearance, then I'm on my way back to CC.[/quote]

He must have meant Armored Core 4, 'cause Ace Combat 4 was for PS2.

[quote name='rapsodist']He must have meant Armored Core 4, 'cause Ace Combat 4 was for PS2.[/quote]
Thanks for the clarification, since I'm waiting until Ace Combat (360) goes on clearance.

The Club....Might pick this up...again

hope they put trophies for this and some new content for this sleeper...

PSN-nukdollars

Man, some nice deals on Wii and DS. I wonder when CC is going to start dropping things to 8.96, though... it doesn't seem like that's happened in awhile. I want Age of Empires DS, but not for $17.

[quote name='karkyco']

But if you're looking for a copy in LA, check Montebello, Van Nuys, or Santa Monica.[/QUOTE]

Just got back from Van Nuys, they didn't have any of the Wii clearence games, except for one copy of Bleach.

They barely had any Wii games at all!

I picked up FE:RD for $16.96. My CC had one copy of FF12:RW left, I ask them to hold it for me and they agreed till Saturday. SWEEEEETTTT!!!

Wasn't Armored Core 4 for the ps3 clearanced out first?

Anyway, CC by my work, not much to look for, but they did have Bleach for the wii, Tony Hawk Project 8 and Proving Ground for the ps3. Picked up a Rogue Galaxy guide, but it did not ring up a penny, might take it back.

New CC close by home, was able to pick up the last FFXII RW and a Eternal Sonata. They seem to have a bunch of ES's marked at that store.

Thanks OP, I picked up FE:RD on the way home from work today. It wasn't in the clearance bin and they only had a single copy in the regular Wii section, so it looks like I'm glad I didn't wait longer to remember about this. :D

Eh, I decided to drop by CC today to check out if I missed FFXII, no dice, but I did manage to find another copy of FE:RD. Only problem is that the shrinkwrap was torn half way already, so it already looks like its opened when its a new copy. Hmmm, I think I'll just put this one up for trade or something then, not much use to try and claim it as a new ebay copy ;)

[quote name='Link927']Eh, I decided to drop by CC today to check out if I missed FFXII, no dice, but I did manage to find another copy of FE:RD. Only problem is that the shrinkwrap was torn half way already, so it already looks like its opened when its a new copy. Hmmm, I think I'll just put this one up for trade or something then, not much use to try and claim it as a new ebay copy ;)[/quote]

At least it had a game in it! I picked up the only Fire Emblem I saw at 3 CC's and just before I got to the register, I noticed the shrink wrap was gone. I opened it up and no game. Here is the weird thing, it had a handwritten price sticker on it. So someone priced it and did not know it was stolen. They keep all their games in a hard plastic case!

I bought a copy of Bioshock like that. I got it for $20 and was going to sell it. I took the slipcover off when I was supposed to ship it and there was a hardly noticable slit in the side. The disc was gone. I had bought that one and it was in a hard plastic case too. Either an employee stole it or someone did a rip and return.

[quote name='shoe478']At least it had a game in it! I picked up the only Fire Emblem I saw at 3 CC's and just before I got to the register, I noticed the shrink wrap was gone. I opened it up and no game. Here is the weird thing, it had a handwritten price sticker on it. So someone priced it and did not know it was stolen. They keep all their games in a hard plastic case!

I bought a copy of Bioshock like that. I got it for $20 and was going to sell it. I took the slipcover off when I was supposed to ship it and there was a hardly noticable slit in the side. The disc was gone. I had bought that one and it was in a hard plastic case too. Either an employee stole it or someone did a rip and return.[/QUOTE]

What the hell... I opened my FFXIII:RW tonight that I bought yesterday... DIDN'T HAVE THE GAME IN IT!!! This is going to suck convincing them to allow a refund or exchange. Everything was intact and looked normal... the game itself was MIA.

[quote name='Skylander7']What the hell... I opened my FFXIII:RW tonight that I bought yesterday... DIDN'T HAVE THE GAME IN IT!!! This is going to suck convincing them to allow a refund or exchange. Everything was intact and looked normal... the game itself was MIA.[/quote]

Was it in a clamshell? Same for shoe

Yo know, this shit is happening more often then not. I got 2 games from FYE that were gutted and resealed. Brought the game home and nothing in it. Now, that scenario is understandable. But tonight, when I was at Target, I noticed some Wii games on clearance. RE: Umbrella Chronicles, MX Untamed, and Tiger Woods '08. All games were $24.98. So I grabbed one, noticed the slit on the side, pulled it open just enough to see that there was nothing inside. Proceeded to grab the other two, and wouldn't you know it. same thing, GONE! And it just so happened that one of the employees was right next to me. I said to this guy, "Yo, look at this shit!" He shook his head and thanked me for pointing it out. But I have been seeing this alot lately. I saw the same thing at another store recently. Can't remember whether or not it was a different Target. But I am sure of it. Jackasses!

has anyone played fear online cause i heard that there is no mic support for the ps3 version i was hoping if someone can confirm this so i may know just in case i decide to return it

Ended up picking up Eternal Sonata yesterday. They are really slacking off, once again, as the most recent clearance stuff was still in the racks, regularly priced.

[quote name='ricoraney']Yo know, this shit is happening more often then not. I got 2 games from FYE that were gutted and resealed. Brought the game home and nothing in it. Now, that scenario is understandable. But tonight, when I was at Target, I noticed some Wii games on clearance. RE: Umbrella Chronicles, MX Untamed, and Tiger Woods '08. All games were $24.98. So I grabbed one, noticed the slit on the side, pulled it open just enough to see that there was nothing inside. Proceeded to grab the other two, and wouldn't you know it. same thing, GONE! And it just so happened that one of the employees was right next to me. I said to this guy, "Yo, look at this shit!" He shook his head and thanked me for pointing it out. But I have been seeing this alot lately. I saw the same thing at another store recently. Can't remember whether or not it was a different Target. But I am sure of it. Jackasses![/QUOTE]

I see this all the time too, except it is a little more obvious someone has been stealing... they play the games then take them to GS (who takes ANYTHING) and get something back for it... it is really sad and pathetic for anyone to steal... get a job people

[quote name='Omnislash124']See, this would be a cyclic reaction. Let's take a hypothetical situation here.

Group A buys games at the ridiculously low prices of $5.99 for example.

Group A slowly expands with every year because more and more people get in on it. Eventually the demand outnumbers the stock, and some people of Group A miss out on said deal. We'll call this group Group B.

Since B missed the boat last time around, they take a precaution and buy it at a low price of, say, $9.99 as opposed to waiting for it to drop to $5.99, since even at $9.99, most games are still a good deal. Since B picks up some of the stock and A's still growing, You can be sure there's not going to be enough stock for A.

Because of that, more people jump ship from A to B. Eventually, it gets to the point where stock runs dry and A is out of luck. At this point A has completely transferred to B. But B's numbers are now too large as well, and people miss out. They form Group C, who buys games at the moderate, but still cheap price of $15.

And I'm sure you can tell where this is going. Though I'm sure this cycle would stop around $19.99, unless the US economy wants to suck some more.

I don't think it'll ever drop back down to those levels again either, unless you somehow got the entire consumer base to hold out until the lowest possible price, which I'm just going to assume to be impossible.[/quote]

At least for the Targets I go to, I think that the $29.xx price is more than acceptable for some nowadays as that's about when they start disappearing.

I love that the clearance shit is still on the racks at regular prices. Even when I have to dig for it. I know 100% that no one else reads this shit around here and the games I want will be there for sure. Another thing is the look on people checking me out when I have games priced for $120 and they come up to $30.

[quote name='Ecto311']I love that the clearance shit is still on the racks at regular prices. Even when I have to dig for it. I know 100% that no one else reads this shit around here and the games I want will be there for sure. Another thing is the look on people checking me out when I have games priced for $120 and they come up to $30.[/quote]

I had this CS girl freak out when I bought The Club, she even said "Damn, this is really cheap, I will have to get me one of these."

It was funny

[quote name='Mugen Power']At least for the Targets I go to, I think that the $29.xx price is more than acceptable for some nowadays as that's about when they start disappearing.[/quote]I'll have to dig for an article I heard about a month or so ago which stated that despite retailers seeing drops in many areas, video games are still a strong and growing market.

[quote name='guinaevere']I'll have to dig for an article I heard about a month or so ago which stated that despite retailers seeing drops in many areas, video games are still a strong and growing market.[/quote]

There was a video on cnn.com yesterday that talked about where all the money is going: Link

[quote name='Link927']Was it in a clamshell? Same for shoe[/quote]

Bioshock was but Fire Emblem was not. Circuit City gave me another after a long wait, they didn't really know what to do.

[quote name='sp00ge']Ended up picking up Eternal Sonata yesterday. They are really slacking off, once again, as the most recent clearance stuff was still in the racks, regularly priced.[/QUOTE]

Thank god for that. If they put them in the clearance bins, it's a nightmare to find anything. My CC actually keeps the bins organized every now and then but people rummage through them leaving them in shits. Plus, if it's in the bin, anything good disappears.

I love finding shit on their shelves because... I can actually find stuff form time to time.:)

[quote name='guinaevere']Everything that's been paid for has been shipped.

I'm going to see if I can find a few more games for you guys. I have sent PMs to a couple people, but at the moment one FF Revenant Wings is completley unspoken for. $23 paypal or I'll check lists.[/quote]

Tsk tsk, Gwen. This belongs in the CC Trade thread, not the clearance thread. :shame:

;)

With the CC no sales tax today their $16.98 clearance is really, really, a great deal that's more than 50% off MSRP in some cases!!! Hayward, CC still has a boat load of FE:RD and about 3 DQ:S for anybody who is interested. I also saw Eternal Sonata and Obscure (wii) for clearance!!!!

sorry location is the Hayward, CA. CC so topnotch or somebody in the area can pick up these games. I only bought 1 of each since I don't like hoarding!!!

GUESS WHAT HAPPENED!!! After Travis @ CC said he hold FF12:RW for me til today, CC went ahead and sold my copy. I bet Travis bought my copy for himself( he was interested in the game).
This is the same assiocate that lied to me about being restocked of Bioshock (PC) during CC's sale of the game for $14.99.
I am proposing boycotting Circuit City.

[quote name='Skylander7']What the hell... I opened my FFXIII:RW tonight that I bought yesterday... DIDN'T HAVE THE GAME IN IT!!! This is going to suck convincing them to allow a refund or exchange. Everything was intact and looked normal... the game itself was MIA.[/QUOTE]

I almost bought a FE:RD that had no shrink wrap or disc in it. I was scratching my head when the counter girl asked a CSR to go in the back to "get the game." Then I look down and see the sticker saying it's a display copy.

I picked up FE: RD and DQ, but I couldn't find FFXII: RW. I'll probably hit up another CC or two today and see if I can't find a copy.

I want to play Eternal Sonata, but I think I'm going to wait for the PS3 version, since I don't have time to play it right now anyway. (Also: Bonus features!)

Well managed to get the last copy of Eternal Sonata now I can take back the copy I paid $39.99 for..

If anyone is looking for these they were at the Brookfield,WI CC store:

Armored Core 4 (360)
FFXII (DS)

Also not known if mentioned but at this store they had the Halo 3 Legendary sets for $69.99 (Almost bit but Im still holding out to find one at Bestbuy)

bread's done
Back