Circuit City August Clearance

botticus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Consider this a temporary thread until someone from CC can post a more complete list. What we have currently is only what is listed on the website or has been checked in-store. Thanks to Donnums, wlau, zman73, and kell. Forgive me if I missed crediting anyone.

All games $16.96. July thread can be found here.

:ps3:
The Club
F.E.A.R.
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Tony Hawk's Project 8

:wii:
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
FarCry Vengeance

:ds:
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Mortal Kombat
Surf's Up

:360:
Eternal Sonata
NBA Street Homecourt
Armored Core 4

:gba:
TMNT
Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

:ps2:
DDR Supernova
Manhunt 2
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

:xbox:
Family Guy
Call of Duty 3
Lego Star Wars 1
Lego Star Wars 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up bay area folks theese are what I saw for the Wii and DS at the ff CC. Their non-gaming deals are pretty good as well.
PaloAlto: Obscure, DQ:SwordS, DQ:joker, DestroyAll Humans, Ultimate Mortal Komabat, Nights.
Hayward: Fire Emblem, Nights, Obscure, Hotel Dusk, DQ: Joker. DQ:Swords!!
Fremont: FireEmblem, Naruto path of Ninja, FFXII: Revenant Wings, Nights, DQ:J. DQ;Swords.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']One other clearance game to add - Taiko Drum Master (bundle w/ controller) = $16.96[/QUOTE]

It's about time they finally cleared that out. Every other store was getting rid of theirs about 2 years ago.

Went to three CC's yesterday and none had FFXII: RW. What fucking luck. I did manage to get Eternal Sonata and DQM: Joker along the way.

I know this really should go in the regional thread but did anyone have any luck for wii games at the cc at jantzen beach in portland?

thank you OP! Saw all wii drops instore except for DQS. I was able to get it at Sears for 14.66 + tax after an employee did a PM against the CC website.

[quote name='ddp72984']got:

FEAR
UMK3

missed:

Mario Advance 4
Fire Emblem

plus with Hot Shots 2 PSP for only 20, I'd call it a good day. thanks for the info![/quote]

How much was Hot Shots???

[quote name='Vitality X']its on sale for 20 bucks at CC.[/quote]

Sweet, skipped over that in the ad, gotta check it out next time I go to CC even though I know they've been cleaned out of clearnece games already.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']no eternal sonata at my store :(
looks like I'll be waiting for the PS3 version[/quote]

same here. hopefully its 40 bucks max since thats how much the 360 version is.

[quote name='Vitality X']its on sale for 20 bucks at CC.[/quote]

Nice, maybe I will swing by and get it if mine isn't sold out.

Thanks again, Botticus. I picked up DQS at the Western Hills store, but since none were displayed, I had to ask the manager to check in their stock room.

When I first saw this thread, I checked the Florence, KY CC and I was planning to pick up FE: RD and FFXII: RW for some CAG's here, as I already have both, but for the second clearance in a row, some one has gotten all the games I've been looking for. I'm typically there the day of the clearance announcement or the day after and get the games I'm looking for, but when I looked for the copies of FE and FFXII: RW that I were there last week, they seemed to disappear as soon as the announcement came. Must be another CAG in my area now, an employee who's on top of the clearances, buying them upon announcement, or this is getting posted on FW or SD (which I really hope isn't happening).

[quote name='Vitality X']same here. hopefully its 40 bucks max since thats how much the 360 version is.[/quote]

Well it started off at 60 and dropped to 40

No copies of FF: RW or FE at the CC I checked in Laguna Hills, CA on Friday. Guess just an FYI for anyone else in that area.

Note: They did still have 3 copies of The Darkness for PS3 from the previously mentioned clearance markdowns.

[quote name='007']Debating about Dragon Quest, but they had enough copies left of that to not worry about it right now.[/quote]I wouldn't be too sure. My closest CC had about eight or nine copies four nights ago. I returned yesterday to pick up the other FFRWs that I had seen, but not only were they gone, EVERY game on the list had been grabbed. It's been mentioned that this is on SD and if it's there, you know some of the FWs have seen it, too.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Well managed to get the last copy of Eternal Sonata now I can take back the copy I paid $39.99 for..

If anyone is looking for these they were at the Brookfield,WI CC store:

Armored Core 4 (360)
FFXII (DS)

Also not known if mentioned but at this store they had the Halo 3 Legendary sets for $69.99 (Almost bit but Im still holding out to find one at Bestbuy)[/quote]

LOL, give it a couple more months and those Legendary sets are going to be joining these games at $16.96 in the clearance bin!!!

I can't believe the moron flippers/resellers who bought these up around launch and were asking $250 (or more!!!) for them on craigslist/eBay.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Do Circuit City Clearance games ever drop in price?[/quote]

Yes - while they've changed the formula a few times ($1.99 and $4.99 clearance games, anyone?), it seems that for the last few years, on clearance games they start by dropping the price to $16.96, then after a while, some go to $12.96, others to $8.96, then for the stuff that absolutely won't move like the Scooby Doo Gameboy/DS game and various crap, they advertise them at $3.99, $4.99, $7.50 etc.

But a lot of them still sit there so they have to advertise them multiple times - I don't know, on some of these games they must just have a ridiculous backstock of copies.

And they also have stuff cut in price to $9.99, $14.99, $19.99 etc. but these aren't officially "clearanced".

No luck on Fire Emblem. I found the case at the Circuit City in Somerville, NJ, but there was no inventory left up front. Their computer said there should be 1, but I guess someone stole it or hid it. I spotted a couple Dragon Quest for the Wii that someone tried to hide, but I already picked that one up in Phillipsburg, NJ. If gas wasn't so high, I'd drive to some others.

I might just have to play the GCN one and wait for this to pop up on Goozex or something.

Picked up Dagon Quest Wii at Circuit City in Crystal Lake, IL. They had a couple left. No Fire Emblem or Zak & Wiki which I really wanted.

[quote name='snatcher33']Picked up Dagon Quest Wii at Circuit City in Crystal Lake, IL. They had a couple left. No Fire Emblem or Zak & Wiki which I really wanted.[/quote]

I have to get that Call of Cthulhu game! (sorry, nerd joke :))

I was able to get DQM: Joker for $15, although that was in the second thread. Damn fine deal though, saved me a good bit on the game.

I would love to find FE that cheap...

[quote name='nintendokingdom']Wow finally Dragon Quest SWORDS dropped in price somewhere!![/quote]

Was $16 at Amazon a week or so ago and $20 at BB

mario advance 4 finally drops in price & its no where to be found at my CC's. thinking about TMNT for GBA but still seems kinda high for a GBA game

[quote name='bsschorr']Zack and Wiki is only $8 @ TRU, almost all of the stores have a ton of them too.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to stop by TRU to see if they have any left. I heard this is a must have game for the Wii.

Bah I just read the PS3 version reviews of Fear and didn't realize it had a bad framerate. I haven't opened mine yet and was wondering if anyone knew how it played on the PS3? How bad are the graphics?

[quote name='chodax']Bah I just read the PS3 version reviews of Fear and didn't realize it had a bad framerate. I haven't opened mine yet and was wondering if anyone knew how it played on the PS3? How bad are the graphics?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, it played and looked like a rushed port (like The Orange Box on the PS3)... it's not exactly bad but compared to the PC version, it's pretty lame.

It's a really good game but since I played it on the PC first, I couldn't stand the Xbox 360 or (especially) PS3 versions. But it might not bother you if you've never played it on the PC.

Hopefully, this will help the sale of Zak & Wiki enough for Capcom to release a sequel. I wonder how much they have to sell to consider it. It should have at least sold 150K in the US alone didn't it? Another game that deserves to sell more is BWii which is a lot of fun when it drops in price!!!

Finally scored a copy of FFXII: RW from a CC that somehow "magically" got two copies. Left the other copy for a fellow CAG. This is at the Woodland Hills (CA) CC.

Denton, TX store had:

FEAR (PS3) x 3
The Club (PS3) x 2
DQS Wii x 1
Fire Emblem Wii x 1

Also noticed they still had one copy of Genji PS3, some Fantastic Four PS3, and maybe a couple others I'm forgetting that aren't really worth mentioning anyway.

bread's done
Back