Circuit City Clearance list. 5 - 10 dollar games as of June 18

Yeahman

CAGiversary!
June 18.

Since this list was bumped I changed it so that no one would think that the old prices still counted. At this point I don't know if CC has any kind of percentage clearance going.

Here then are the games that I know to be 5 - 10 as thier regular price.

GCN:

MX Superfly $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Star Wars Rogue leader $10
Street Hoops $10
Waverace Bluestorm $10
WWE Crushhour $10

XBOX:

Alter Echo $10
Batman Dark Tomorrow $10
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Shenmue II $10
Triple Play 2002 $5

PS2:

Alter Echo $10
Breath of Fire:DQ $10
Corvette $10
Evergrace $10
Evolution Skateboarding $10
Haven $5
RTX Redrock $10
Shinobi $10
Silpheed
Transworld Surf $10
Wipeout Fusion $10

Yes! They still had a BloodRayne left. I had to check behind some other games though. I've gone back there like 6 times this week, lol. If anyone knows of any more $4.98 titles, I'll go there again! They probably think I am crazy. :lol: Actually the girl there is cool with it, I usually get the ones I read about here, then price check 6 or so at random then come back the next day (so as not to overwhelm her). She's absolutely tickled that the games ring up so cheap!. I went there twice today already! This kinda reminds me of when I was a kid and the stores were unloading Atari 2600 games at 99 cents each at times.

Also, good looking out on that Robotech game, I got it for $4.98.

Illinois Circuit City:

Just visited 2 branches:

On Touhy: Not a lot, but I snagged a last copy of Gungrave. They have tons of Harvest Moon and Mad Maestro.

On Niles(near Old Orchard): They have 3 FULL bargain bins, but no $5 games on the list. But they have a lot of most $10-15 games, picked up BG:DA(Xbox) and Jade Coccoon 2 (Ps2).

EDIt: I see Bloodrayne and Robotech is $5, they have a lot of there in Niles IL branch for all 3 platforms.

Just went back to Circuit City and picked me up 2 more Matt Hoffmans BMX 2 one for PS2 and one for XBOX. I'd like to make a note that for the XBOX one I had to peel the sticker back away from original barcode for it to register at $4.96. Couldn't find the friendly sales associate that helped me earlier today. So, I didn't get a list.

-Morpheus

[quote name='Morpheus']FlipSide, how much is Mad Maestro?

-Morpheus[/quote]

Sticker Price is $19.99, but most of the games are anyway, but scans for 50% off..my guts tell me its around $10.

Thank you everyone! :D After keeping up on this thread, I went to my local CC and was able to snag BoF:DQ, Robotech and Freaky Flyers for $5 each! I am so glad I joined CAG!!! :D

[quote name='Jonnybravo17'][quote name='caffeinenicotine']Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance is half off at 19.99 at CC too!![/quote]

X-Box or PS2?[/quote]
Probably PS2 since the Xbox version is already down to $15.

So, while the stunned cashier was ringing up my $5 Bloodrayne, BoF DQ and Gungrave and my $10 Timesplitters 2, she commented that she was going to start bargain hunting too. I said, "Yeah, $50 is just way too much for a game," not noticing the forlorn little boy behind me holding his $50 SOCOM II and his angry-looking mother.

I just ruined their day.

[quote name='Jonnybravo17'][quote name='caffeinenicotine']Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance is half off at 19.99 at CC too!![/quote]

X-Box or PS2?[/quote]

I purchased Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox) for $15 on Dec 23, 2003. I don't know if the price has dropped recently...

Well, I went back to Circuit City today. The one on...

2500 N. Elston Avenue
Chicago, IL 60647
(773) 772-0037

The Xbox section was virtually bone-dry of good deals, but there were still a few left. I bought...

BloodRayne (Xbox) $10 (The very last copy!)
Serious Sam (Xbox) $10 (1 or 2 copies left)

They also have...

Burnout (Xbox) $10 (1 or 2 copies left)
Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox) $5 (3 copies left)
NBA 2K3 (Xbox) $10 (1 copy left)
Enclave (Xbox) I think it's $10? (1 copy left)

I did a price check on...

Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter (Xbox) $20 (Has a Value Sticker or red $19.99 price tag sticker)
TimeSplitters 2 (Xbox) $20 (Has Value Sticker)

Hopefully tomorrow I will get a chance to go to another CC, my search still continues for...

Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO (Xbox) $10
Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller (Xbox) $10
Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter (Xbox) $5 or $10 (The version that doesn't have Value Stickers)
TimeSplitters 2 (Xbox) $10 (The version that doesn't have Value Stickers)
Unreal Championship (Xbox) $10 (Non Platinum Hits version)
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions (Xbox) $5 (Non Platinum Hits version)
Xbox Exhibition Demo Disc Volume 4 (Xbox) $5

I stopped by CC today and picked up the following as part of the 50% off sale:

Kelly Slater Pro Surfer (GC) - $7.50
Rayman 3 (GC) - $10
Rayman 3 (GBA) - $5

And though it isn't part of the 50% off sale, it is the first time I've seen it at this price:

Tony Hawk 4 (GC) - $20

so here's what i've gotten so far from this deal, all from the 3 CC's closest to northern Chicago:

z.o.e.2 - ps2 - $7.98
giants: citizen kabuto - ps2 - $4.98
ico - ps2 - $14.99
contra: shattered soldier - ps2 - $14.99
gungrave - ps2 - $4.98
red faction 2 - ps2 - $9.99
wipeout fusion - ps2 - $4.98
breath of fire: dragon quarter - ps2 - $4.98
hunter: reckoning - ps2 - $9.99
fantavision - ps2 - $9.99
robotech: battlecry - GC - $7.48

so, maybe fantavision and robotech for gc should be added to the list.

11 good to great games for under $100. have my children, CAG.

[quote name='chedderknight']maybe its me, but i just noticed most of the succesful deals seem to be on the east coast[/quote]

:D

My first day's haul!

Really haven't been going after any doubles, although it's hard to leave $5 Shinobi's or REZ behind! ;)

[quote name='burgundy']So, while the stunned cashier was ringing up my $5 Bloodrayne, BoF DQ and Gungrave and my $10 Timesplitters 2, she commented that she was going to start bargain hunting too. I said, "Yeah, $50 is just way too much for a game," not noticing the forlorn little boy behind me holding his $50 SOCOM II and his angry-looking mother.

I just ruined their day.[/quote]

lol

And what is the mother doing, buying a rated M game for her son? :/

[quote name='video_game_addict'][quote name='chedderknight']maybe its me, but i just noticed most of the succesful deals seem to be on the east coast[/quote]

:D

My first day's haul!

Really haven't been going after any doubles, although it's hard to leave $5 Shinobi's or REZ behind! ;)[/quote]

Holy cow.

i havent read through all the posts, so my question might have been answered already, but is this available online? i dont live close to a CC. i see a little pic on the site that says 50% off but i dont see a coupon code or anything. any help?

I asked that question 1 or two pages ago but didnt see a response... but I have to assume that if the game dosent show in your cart for half price that it dosent.

Which sucks because it means you have to go to the store and hope you can get somone to scan a game for you or wait on line for the register to make sure its half off before you buy it.

[quote name='Wario64']Are the PS2 Jampacks (Summer and Winter 2003) 1 penny each? Or is that too new?[/quote]

They're still regular price. Probably by the time the Summer '04 Jampack comes out, CC will have marked the Summer '03 Jampack to a penny.

that sucks, i do most of my game shopping online, and now i cant take advanatage of awesome deals! :(

Man, I cannot get Harvest Moon for 20 dollars, no matter how hard I try. They keep insisting that the price is the general 19.99 value game price as indicated on the barcode. When I try to get them to scan the original UPC, they say no.

I was also a little disappointed that the only three Circuit Cities in my area (San Antonio) didn't have BOF Dragon Quarter. No matter, I did manage to pick up Gitaroo Man and Rez as well as about 10 Brute Force Demo packs for my friends.

The 50% sale is basically for discontinued games not on the online store.

If its not on the site it's pretty much guaranteed to ring up AT LEAST half off.

I'll be checking a different Circuit City by my work. Hopefully I will find Freaky Flyers and Quantum Redshit for $5 each.

All gameboy color games are $5

I got these games NEW for $5 each

Disney Emperor's New Groove
Harry Potter GBC
ESPN Track n Field
Turok 3
Pokemon Red -- last one :)

GBA:
Iron Man $5

Those are great prices :)

Just came back from El Cajon, California CC....I got F-Zero: GX for 24.99 :D I asked the cashier why they didn't put prices on the games that match there new low prices, he said, "We don't because it would be to much of a hassle, like when the game goes back to it's original price, we don't want to lable them again". :roll: whatever.....

I saw:

Tony Hawk's Underground Pre-Order Demo (PS2) $0.01
Kelly's Pro Surfer (I think that's the name) (XBOX) $10.00
BoF V (PS2) $10.00
Reel Bass Fishing (PS2) $10.00
Timesplitters 2 (XBOX) $10.00

Freaky Flyers, Bloodrayne, Wipeout Fusion? Dammit! And I said I wasn't going back to Circuit City tomorrow!

Has anyone _recently_ got a Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland (PS2) at the $10 price? At all the CC's around here, they have the sticker over the original UPC. We asked the salesperson to scan the original barcode as well as the new one, and she obliged, but she said the old one didn't even show up in the system, so I couldn't buy it at $10. Perhaps it's no longer possible....

[quote name='Noodle Boy']Tony Hawk's Underground Pre-Order Demo (PS2) $0.01
[/quote]

Fair warning. If this is the same pre-oder Tony Hawk thing that I got at a CC recently, it's just a pack of stickers (apparently to put on a skateboard) in a game/DVD case. It's still worth it for the DVD case for a penny though.

Cheap ass Circuit City is like CRACK!!!! I went back for a $5 Freaky Flyers since I passed it up at $10. I almost got Mad Maestro for $5...but I had it and sold it already....so even for $5 I'll never play it. Woodland Hills CA CC has a TON of Quantum Redshift's, which I believe someone said is only $5 now. I haven't put in ample time on F-Zero GX yet, so again - even at $5 I know I'll never play it. Some other cheap asses can enjoy. :)

Rare Hero

[quote name='Rare Hero']Cheap ass Circuit City is like CRACK!!!! I went back for a $5 Freaky Flyers since I passed it up at $10. I almost got Mad Maestro for $5...but I had it and sold it already....so even for $5 I'll never play it. Woodland Hills CA CC has a TON of Quantum Redshift's, which I believe someone said is only $5 now. I haven't put in ample time on F-Zero GX yet, so again - even at $5 I know I'll never play it. Some other cheap asses can enjoy. :)

Rare Hero[/quote]

I passed up Freaky Flyers as well, since I knew it was an average game, but for 5 bucks ya can't go wrong! :D

Hey, I've been playing my cheap ass Freaky Flyers...it's actually pretty good. Super smooth framerate, weird characters, interesting level design with lots of mini-goals and unlockables. The gameplay is a combination of shooter and racer. Only complaint is that there's so much stuff going on in the levels it's hard to see some of the things you're supposed to shoot for unlockables....otherwise, pretty sweet...definitely worth $5.

Rare Hero

they will if you bought it at Circuit City in the past 60 days. otherwise, i am not sure, but i think as long as its less 30 days your probably gonna be o.k.

In addition to a bunch of games already listed, I purchased Oddworld: Munche's Oddysee for GBA for $9.99 at CC yesterday.

Stopped by my local CC last night(Boise, ID), was able to pick up:
ZOE2, Red Faction II, BoF, Quantum Redshift, Wipeout Fusion, Shinobi, and Freaky Flyers. Not a bad pickup for the price. :D There are still some extras left if anyone is here in Idaho and wants to pick anything up. Thanks everyone!!

[quote name='keebs']i havent read through all the posts, so my question might have been answered already, but is this available online? i dont live close to a CC. i see a little pic on the site that says 50% off but i dont see a coupon code or anything. any help?[/quote]

Well, the prices *are* the same online as they are in the store, however virtually all of the cheap games are already sold at on the website. Usually when a game gets cheap on the website they sell out within a day or two (as with Haven, Wreckless, Murkumo, etc.)

Just picked up Robotech & Bloodrayne, both for PS2, excellent cause Ive been wanting Robotech for a long time...I knew it would eventually hit 5.00!

Anyways this topic should be sTiCkY

UPDATE--------

dragons lair 3D for Xbox is $10.00

I just bought a butt load of games 8 to be exact for $40.00

I'm a happy camper!

Just got back from the neighborhood CC in Newport News, VA and found some great deals. They really need to add some price scanners that the customers can use without bugging the hell out of the cashiers that work there though. Here's what I got:

Freaky Flyers (PS2) $4.99
Wipeout:Fusion (PS2) $4.98
Simpson's Skateboarding (PS2) $9.99
Robotech:Battlecry (PS2) $4.98 (Still had the $39.99 tag on it and the cashier almost peed herself when she saw the $4.98)
Batman: Rise Of Sin Tzu (PS2) $9.99

bread's done
Back