Circuit City Clearance list. 5 - 10 dollar games as of June 18

Yeahman

CAGiversary!
June 18.

Since this list was bumped I changed it so that no one would think that the old prices still counted. At this point I don't know if CC has any kind of percentage clearance going.

Here then are the games that I know to be 5 - 10 as thier regular price.

GCN:

MX Superfly $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Star Wars Rogue leader $10
Street Hoops $10
Waverace Bluestorm $10
WWE Crushhour $10

XBOX:

Alter Echo $10
Batman Dark Tomorrow $10
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Shenmue II $10
Triple Play 2002 $5

PS2:

Alter Echo $10
Breath of Fire:DQ $10
Corvette $10
Evergrace $10
Evolution Skateboarding $10
Haven $5
RTX Redrock $10
Shinobi $10
Silpheed
Transworld Surf $10
Wipeout Fusion $10

I went to CC today to check out the GameCubes. To my surprise, I found 15 of the Clone Wars/Tetris combos. I went to price check, and guess what, $99. :evil:

Went today, and was surprised to find that many games were marked at their clearance prices. Capcom vs SNK xbox was marked 9.96, UFC Tapout 2 was marked 6.97, and I found another copy marked 4.98, WWF Raw 4.98, Wreckless Xbox marked 4.98, Red Faction II Xbox marked
7.48, X Games ProBoarder 2002 Xbox marked 7.99, Tiger Woods 2003 Xbox, Inside Drive 2003 marked 9.99.

Also bought a copy of C-12 Final Resistance PS1 that was marked 19.99 but scanned at 4.96!

I'm surprised since the low prices were actually marked on the games

Wow. This topic was at the top for the longest time, but now it's been sent all the way down to the third page.

Anyways, back on topic...

Went to CC to price match Pikmin and noticed that Defender, Freaky Flyers, and Wipeout Fusion had been restocked. These sold out (in large part to me and my friends/family) when they were $5. Hell, I don't even think they had a Wipeout Fusion in stock when it was $5. But it was there today.

Didn't look around a whole lot (pressed for time), but I'm wondering if the stores who were cleaned out will get the stock of the stores which didn't have anyone in the know around.

Hmmm...

Thanks Outkastz for the heads up.

Hopefully on March 1st this thread will be hoping again.

Although sooner would be better. :twisted:

just went to circuit city in houston (katy freeway across from houston community college)
there seemed to be alot of great deals and markdowns but only remember
socom1
freaky flyers
for 10$ each for ps2
video game department seem to be dead but alot of video games.

This thread just makes me sad now. It's like walking through your really awesome grandmothers house after she died.

But, like, there were video games there too.

Halo is on sale for 19.99 this week 1/25-1/30 also
I picked up Phantasy Star Online 1+2 for $13.99 and Wreckless, non-Platinum Hit, for $4.96

This was at the Natick, MA Circut City.

I came back from the Sacramento, or actually, Fairfield, yesterday, and I scored 4 copies of Haven: Call Of The King for $4.96 each, 3 copies of Freaky Flyers for the Xbox for $6.97 each, 2 copies of Defener for the PS2 for $6.97 each, Phantasy Star Online: Episode 1&2 for the Xbox for $13.99, Wipeout Fusion for $6.97, and Jet Set Radio Future fpr $4.96 when I was visiting family.

They had a lot of copies of a lot of games, including Ico for $23.99, Okage: Shadow King for $23.99, and they even had ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth, but I don't remember for how much.

If you know of a small town around you with a low population of people, I suggest you check your CCs to see if any games are left.

Natick, MA eh? Thats really close to where i live. and 13.99 for phantasy star... !!!!!!!!!!! does anyone know if its for the GC as well? (dont have an xbox)...

I think it is just XBox. Back when this sale was at 50% off I picked up the GC version for 24.99. It might still be that but if anything it has gone back up just like everything else.

Hopefully someone can clear this up. I was at Circuit City today and they had a large sign stating that their clearance games were an additional 20% to 30% off until 2/28, but the rack that the sign was stuck on still rang up at the marked price. Are there games that are actually marked down additionally? Or is it one of those "Prices as marked" things, and the sign just didn't say that? Are there still deal to be found?

It should include all the games on the front page of this thread. Just remember that the prices listed are the half off prices.

Double the price on the front page then take 20-30% off the result.

I managed to find a copy of Wreckless, but it was $20 and marked with a CC sticker... :x
I bought it for $4.96 around Thanksgiving at that same store

[quote name='Masterkyo']Question ??
Can you played offline PSO 1 & 2 XBOX version instead with XBOX Live ??

Thanks[/quote]

The characters are tied to your gamertag. When the game begins, it first asks for a gamertag then asks you to pick a character. You don't technically need to be online to do this, just as long as your console has a live account.

I noticed that all PS1 games in the clamshell packaging (i.e. Broken Helix, The One, etc.) are close to $3 each. The PS1 two-packs were $7 or $8, but I have yet to check the three-packs and the PS2 two-packs.

[quote name='gamefreak117']I managed to find a copy of Wreckless, but it was $20 and marked with a CC sticker... :x
I bought it for $4.96 around Thanksgiving at that same store[/quote]

Are you sure that wasn't either the platinum hits version (which never got reduced), or the PS2 version (which I don't think got reduced, but I'm not 100% sure)? I ask, because I bought Wreckless, Xbox, non-PH, fo $4.96 on January 29th. I believe if you find the correct version, it will still be $4.96.

Also, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but Nascar Heat 2002 (Xbox) is still ringing up $4.96, as of January 29th. Castlevania: HoD (GBA) is $23.99 now (as of February 6th), a bit of an increase, but still well worth it if you can find it. I recommend trying to get them to accept a BB GGC coupon to bring the price down closer to its former low level (it had been $14.99 during the 50% sale).

I was there to pickup Aero Fighters 4 (or whatever that game is called) and check out a few prices:

Disgaea was $49.99 (blah)
Headhunter was $16.99 (blah)
SW: Jedi Academy Gamecube was $39.99 (blah)

I think the problem is that the games that are on "clearance" are only those crappy ones in the bin.

I price-checked ten or so games yesterday, the only thing that rang up differently than the sticker was Clock Tower 3 (PS 2) for $15.

then again, in the last week or so, I bought:

Haven (PS 2) $5
Wipeout Fusion (PS 2) ~$8

and given all the wonderful reviews and the relative rarity of it:

Disgaea (PS 2) $50 - didn't want it to sell out at the local store, then look all over trying to find it again if it drops in price.

DAMMIT :evil: . I went into my CC last week and they are CLOSING in 5 days. They took out all the games. All they had left were some speakers, TivOs, Tv's and laptops. It's a sad day. :( At least I got in on the deals when they had them.

Well its March 1st! The previous sale of 20 - 30% off has officially ended, so has anyone had the urge to to CC and see if there are any additional possible price drops as mentioned earlier? :lol:

Well at my CC, the lousy bastards took a perfectly good $9.99 price sticker on MGS2:Substance, blacked it out with a Sharpie, then promptly told me that it ws $19.99.

Unfair I tell ya.

I got Galidor for the GBA for $5 today. Also they had one of the ET games for GBA for $10. These were both in the clearance bin but there was nothing else worth getting excited about. Also I saw in their flyer it said all PS2 Greatest Hits were $16 but they had Jak and Dakster for $20 still.

20 - 30 % Is apparently back on.

Once we find out what date the new sale ends, maybe, I emphasize maybe, CC will start a better sale once this one ends.

I wasn't introduced to Cheapassgamer.com when the original clearance thing was going on, so what is this 20-30% off thing on? Clearance games, all games, a list of games. Could someone please explain it to me ?(preferably unsarcasticly)

How much was the original CC clearance, like 50%-60% +. Bah... I'm spoiled by such cheapass deals. There's nothing relaly to explain goldengraham, just that a few months ago select games were ridiculously cheap, like 1 cent cheap. This didn't last very long as CC updates their database automatically. This was the first sale that ever gave me such pride in being a cheapass, hopefully they run something like that again.

20 - 30 % Is apparently back on.

Once we find out what date the new sale ends, maybe, I emphasize maybe, CC will start a better sale once this one ends.

Thanks for the heads up Yeahman.

I wasn't introduced to Cheapassgamer.com when the original clearance thing was going on, so what is this 20-30% off thing on? Clearance games, all games, a list of games. Could someone please explain it to me ?(preferably unsarcasticly)

Goto page 1 of this thread. The prices on that page are from the really good clearance...As for the prices now, I think they are a bit more.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']

Goto page 1 of this thread. The prices on that page are from the really good clearance...As for the prices now, I think they are a bit more.[/quote]

Yeah, this entire thread is like a time-capsule of that big sale. Just skim through it and you'll find what you need to know.

Tomorrow I'm going to check out Paramus, NJ store for XBox games. Just got back home for spring break, hopefully I didn't miss out and they have some deals *crossing fingers*

bread's done
Back