simpsonps121

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Hi Guys,
Here are the scans of the CC Coupons.

http://pulverizer72.com/scans/cccoupon12-31.pdf

Thanks to Joe2187 for posting these!!
They are the standard $40 off $200 and 10% off coupons.
Matthew

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1954/cc40off200ff4.jpg

Thanks to PSIncubus for hosting them for us.

Here is a cropped one.
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5800752
Thanks MKelehan

Alright I have been needing to pick up a digital camera and maybe either a radar detector or Microsoft office and student 07.

[quote name='Malik112099']Im pretty sure CC considers the NDS and PSP consoles...considering they are handheld consoles....[/quote]

Actually in the past, they have not considered these two consoles.
Coupon should work just fine.
Also, my Best Buy has honored this coupon in the past, no issues whatsever!

Too bad the $40 off coupon doesn't last until the end of August. There might actually be $200 worth of games out that I'd want to buy by then.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']oh well... shot down what I wanted.[/QUOTE]
Same here, tried to buy a Zune, No Go :whistle2:(

Off-topic, do any other B&M stores (BB/Walmart) accept competitor's coupons?

[quote name='sasukekun']Same here, tried to buy a Zune, No Go :whistle2:(

Off-topic, do any other B&M stores (BB/Walmart) accept competitor's coupons?[/quote]

the only place i know of that accepts competitor coupons is military bx's and px's

Doh... Well what was weird, the employee scanned it. But it said it wasn't valid? Then he went over to the Customer Service area for a few minutes, then came back and told me he couldnt accept it since it was a photocopy (printed it in b&w off my laser printer, since my color one ran out of ink). I had told him I've used it before and it worked fine, then he told me he couldnt do anything else, so I left.

I thought the coupon might exclude zune devices, but it only mentions iPods. I'm going to try to print it in a higher quality and in color and try again tomorrow. Need to get my $160 Zune!

I just got a psp and a 4gb memory stick and used this coupon. The clerk said it wouldn't work because it said that it excluded consoles, I told him that maybe it referred to home consoles like the xbox or wii, he tried scanning it and it worked just fine. So it should work as long as you get them to scan it, also make sure you at least print in color and cut it to size.

Came out to 179.98+tax

i used the 40 off 200 btw

[quote name='graf1k']Too bad the $40 off coupon doesn't last until the end of August. There might actually be $200 worth of games out that I'd want to buy by then.[/quote]

I thought the same thing when I saw the 7/31 expiration date. My only hope is that they will extend it until the end of August.

[quote name='Wolfpup']If only they'd have these coupons at the same time they had deals on the consoles :D[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't matter, actually.

Coupon clearly states "Excludes gaming consoles". It pretty much excludes all the bigger ticket items that I would want to use for it.

Still, for someone who wants to -- say -- do a DVD binge, this would be quite nice. Thanks for posting it, OP.

[quote name='thurston']i wonder if i piled like 5-6 games that totalled like 220 would they give me the discount??

2 360= 120
2 wii = 100[/QUOTE]

yeah they will give you discount! I bought 12 ds, psp, ps2 games for $184 after the $40 coupon

I used the $40 off $199 on the Element 15.4 LCD HDTV that CC had on sale this past week. Good TV for gaming if you're sitting close to it - has HDMI and a built in tuner. Great deal, thanks op.

[quote name='floormat']tried a ds some ds and gba games and some headphones. coupon would no scan and a manager would not override. oh well.[/QUOTE]
If the coupon's not scanning, try printing it somewhere else. I've never once had a problem with it scanning right in and taking off the discount.

[quote name='mkelehan']If the coupon's not scanning, try printing it somewhere else. I've never once had a problem with it scanning right in and taking off the discount.[/QUOTE]

no it scanned fine. The computer rejected the coupon as not meeting the requirements. IE the DS is a Console according to the system and rejected.

If you or anyone has gotten the discount without adjustments off of a DS please list what you bought. thanks.

I wanted to get a DS using this. Here is an idea. Has anyone tried buying something like the HD-DVD add on and then returning it to get a gift card to buy whatever it is you want. I was thinking about trying that since the last poster said something about getting denied when purchasing the DS Lite. Any suggestions?

Thanks

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I wanted to get a DS using this. Here is an idea. Has anyone tried buying something like the HD-DVD add on and then returning it to get a gift card to buy whatever it is you want. I was thinking about trying that since the last poster said something about getting denied when purchasing the DS Lite. Any suggestions?

Thanks[/quote]

What do you mean? Buying both and returning the one non-console item? They'll knock the $40 off of your refund, since your non-returned purchase will now be console (restricted) and under $200, voiding the coupon.

If you mean buying a HDDVD addon with the coupon and returning it for a gift card, what will this accomplish? You'll end up stuck with a giftcard for $160 (plus tax), what you paid for the HDDVD addon after coupon. The 'discount' would not transfer in any way.

[quote name='sp00ge']What do you mean? Buying both and returning the one non-console item? They'll knock the $40 off of your refund, since your non-returned purchase will now be console (restricted) and under $200, voiding the coupon.

If you mean buying a HDDVD addon with the coupon and returning it for a gift card, what will this accomplish? You'll end up stuck with a giftcard for $160 (plus tax), what you paid for the HDDVD addon after coupon. The 'discount' would not transfer in any way.[/quote]

The poster before me said that he was denied when he tried to buy the DS. I wanted to buy the HD-DVD add on, return it for a GC and then buy the DS. Do you think that is feasible?

Question......can I use the $40 off coupon and combine it with the 110% price match for the PS3? That would be $150 off the PS3 making it $360.00...Not too bad if it worked.

Wouldn't that only be $450?

$600 system
-$100 price match
-$10 bonus for the 110% guarantee
-$40 for the coupon

[quote name='tayaf69']Question......can I use the $40 off coupon and combine it with the 110% price match for the PS3? That would be $150 off the PS3 making it $360.00...Not too bad if it worked.[/quote]

If the coupon would only work on game consoles.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']The poster before me said that he was denied when he tried to buy the DS. I wanted to buy the HD-DVD add on, return it for a GC and then buy the DS. Do you think that is feasible?[/quote]

As I said in my previous reply, that would accomplish nothing. You get the $200 item, get $40 off. You Pay $160. You return said item, you get $160 giftcard. You use giftcard to purchase $130 DS Lite. You saved NOTHING. You are stuck with $30 in store credit, that was cash out of your pocket. You just wasted time and effort to accomplish nothing.

Circuit ciyt isn't going to give you a full $200 refund when you only paid $160 to begin with.

[quote name='sp00ge']As I said in my previous reply, that would accomplish nothing. You get the $200 item, get $40 off. You Pay $160. You return said item, you get $160 giftcard. You use giftcard to purchase $130 DS Lite. You saved NOTHING. You are stuck with $30 in store credit, that was cash out of your pocket. You just wasted time and effort to accomplish nothing.

Circuit ciyt isn't going to give you a full $200 refund when you only paid $160 to begin with.[/quote]

Here is how I see it. I pick up HD-DVD add on and a DS game seeing as its .01 less than 200. Then I take the HD-DVD add on back for a GC. I pick up a DS and another game. How would that not save me money? I think i am getting a little twisted.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Here is how I see it. I pick up HD-DVD add on and a DS game seeing as its .01 less than 200. Then I take the HD-DVD add on back for a GC. I pick up a DS and another game. How would that not save me money? I think i am getting a little twisted.[/quote]

When you return the HDDVD, they're going to deduct that $40 from the refund. You'll get $159.99 + tax back.

[quote name='sp00ge']When you return the HDDVD, they're going to deduct that $40 from the refund. You'll get $159.99 + tax back.[/quote]

Turns out I didn't even need it. I went in just to try the coupon just to see if I would get denied and it worked. I got myself a DS Lite Onyx, New Super Mario Bros, and Mario Kart DS for 150 after tax. Thanks OP.

Got me a Creative zen vision W for 225$

it was prices at 249.99$ then used 40$ off and got it!!!!!!

thanks for the coupon

i ould be looking at this wrong but he might be able to get a ds and a hddvd add on on the same reciept nad they system may take a percentage off of each. like the ds for 130-14 = 116 and for the hddvd 200-26=174.

I am not sure if the computer would do this or completely ignore the ds. If it did not ignore the ds doing it this way and returning the hddvd should net you a ds for 116 and your 174 back. some saving but an awful lot of trouble. might spend more in gas now adays = P

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Turns out I didn't even need it. I went in just to try the coupon just to see if I would get denied and it worked. I got myself a DS Lite Onyx, New Super Mario Bros, and Mario Kart DS for 150 after tax. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

was there any modification done at the register or did the cashier just scan it and it worked ¿?

[quote name='floormat']was there any modification done at the register or did the cashier just scan it and it worked ¿?[/quote]

She just scanned the coupon and hit total. Took the DS down to 103.XX and the other games down to 20 something. Works for me now I just need to find a cheap copy of NY Times Crosswords.

[quote name='graf1k']Too bad the $40 off coupon doesn't last until the end of August. There might actually be $200 worth of games out that I'd want to buy by then.[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing

NCAA Football 08
Stranglehold
Blue Dragon

that's $180 right there

So, are these coupons stackable? I'm buying an HDTV there, and wanted to use both coupons if possible. Save 100 bucks with the 10%, and then an extra 40.

at CC they take an equal percentage of the $40 off of each item.

for example if you buy a $100 item, a $50 item and a $50 item, the receipt will be for $80, $40 and $40 = $160.

in other words it takes 20% off of each item. if you return an item you still get the 20% on the items you keep. just did this a couple of weeks ago....

I just got the $40 off coupon to work on the $500 PS3 deal with extra controller. I ordered online for in-store pickup. When I got there I mentioned to the guy at the register that I'd forgotten to apply this coupon when I purchased online. He was hesitant at first and said that I should've applied it when I ordered online. I then quickly replied that I'd just cancel the whole thing if it'd be an issue and just re-order with the coupon (Bluffed him out on that one!). Anyway, he just said he'd do a manual price adjustment to ensure that I get the discount. So I got $43.30 credited back to my card after the coupon. I wish I'd tried the 10% now! I could've gotten an extra $12 off after taxes. YMMV of course but I've found that if you wait for the guy or girl that looks young , busy, or looks like they just don't care and get them to help you, it will work best. Don't try it with the manager types. They'll know better. Good luck!

I'm tempted to go try and get a PS3 today using this coupon. I don't really want a system but I'm not sure I'll be able to get a better deal in 2008.

$460 + tax with 5 blu-ray DVDs and an extra controller is pretty good, IMO. I'd hate to make the trip and get the coupon denied though.

Wait a minute. The coupon clearly states that gaming consoles are not to be included or counted towards the discount. How many people here have picked up a game console AND the coupon worked? Do you think it was just a particular cashier who didn't care & let it slide by?

Supposedly the coupon scans at the register with no trouble so unless you get a cashier who has read the fine print AND gives a shit then it should work.

Thanks for the quick reply :) Anyone know where this coupon originates? I read one post here that mentioned the coupon being denied 'cause it was printed & not original. Where could I find an original coupon?

Not true. There was one post on here that said the coupon wasn't accepted by the register. One person did have luck with it, while the other person pulled a fast one on the CSR by ordering online and when he went for pick-up, he whipped out the coupon and tricked them into manually adjusting.

[quote name='ZCG']Yeah, I noticed that too; which is why I'm wondering where I can find an original coupon. Anyone know?[/quote]

The only way you can get your hands on an original coupon is to fill out a change of address card with your local post office. You will then get a welcome to the neighborhood package in the mail and voila you will have this flyer in your hands.

bread's done
Back