simpsonps121

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Hi Guys,
Here are the scans of the CC Coupons.

http://pulverizer72.com/scans/cccoupon12-31.pdf

Thanks to Joe2187 for posting these!!
They are the standard $40 off $200 and 10% off coupons.
Matthew

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1954/cc40off200ff4.jpg

Thanks to PSIncubus for hosting them for us.

Here is a cropped one.
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5800752
Thanks MKelehan

[quote name='shotcaller88']apple is excluded on the $40 off...you can use the 10% tho.

i've printed them on regular paper & used them with no problem. just say you received it in an e-mail. if you don't feel comfortable saying that, i'll e-mail it to you and you'll be telling the truth =)[/quote]

Well, I was looking for a nano. ;)

Just picked up one of the new 2nd gen Zunes. Got the green 8 GB for $159.99 + tax.

Printed the coupon in color on normal paper and cut it out. The cashier seemed pretty surprised that it didn't exclude the new Zunes (only Apple products and other stuff) but he said the deal was legit. Thanks CAG!

Last night i bought Assassins Creed, Ratchet & Clank, Crysis, and Need for Speed Prostreet for $167 :) On top of all of that, I got a $10 gift card for buying crysis and i got the Gamer card which gives me 10% off on all game purchases since the card costs $20 but since the purchase was for $200, paid for itself.

Is this $40 Off $200 Coupon still valid? Can it be combined with the XBOX360 Premium wt/ Forza + MUA + Wireless Controller for $349 ?

Thanks!

[quote name='mickey79']Is this $40 Off $200 Coupon still valid? Can it be combined with the XBOX360 Premium wt/ Forza + MUA + Wireless Controller for $349 ?

Thanks![/quote]

i guess my post 2 above yours was not clear? I successfully used the $40 coupon last night. I used the "bad scan" posted on the previous page or 2.

Thanks. I actually looked one page back (doh :whistle2:#) after posting that last night, saw the new coupons, printed them out, and picked up the Samsung HTX40 home theater system for $10 over the Black Friday price, with no waiting in line :)

Hooray surround sound!

here ya go. just uploaded

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7KZJ5V14

i was w/ my friend and he tried to use the printout when he was getting a hdtv. the guy seemed clueless, it didnt scan & he was just going to type it in, then one of the other co workers walked & said need original. i stated to her that i have used a printout b4. she was like no go.

Does anbody know if this is location specific or at all USP offices? I though about "moving" to my sisters just to get the real coupon. I know I could try a print out but with BF coming up a 10% off TV's could save me a bundle and they can't weasle out of a non print out version.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']meh, not valid for Gaming consoles.[/QUOTE]
Allow me to welcome you to this thread.

The coupon SAYS it doesn't work on gaming consoles. It also SAYS that reproductions aren't accepted. This is an outright fabrication. I have personally used it on three separate video game hardware purchases.

[quote name='mkelehan']Allow me to welcome you to this thread.

The coupon SAYS it doesn't work on gaming consoles. It also SAYS that reproductions aren't accepted. This is an outright fabrication. I have personally used it on three separate video game hardware purchases.[/quote]

I'll give it a try, but take in mind this is a long thread.

but thank you for the welcoming party, i appreciate it. I wish i brought something, like a fruit basket or a bottle of whine...errr...wine.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']
but thank you for the welcoming party, i appreciate it. I wish i brought something, like a fruit basket or a bottle of whine...errr...wine.[/quote]

Best new CAG ever... He is going to fit in right with the family. I can't wait to read more posts by him.

[quote name='jmillion']here ya go. just uploaded

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7KZJ5V14

i was w/ my friend and he tried to use the printout when he was getting a hdtv. the guy seemed clueless, it didnt scan & he was just going to type it in, then one of the other co workers walked & said need original. i stated to her that i have used a printout b4. she was like no go.[/quote]

Thanks, this should work great during black friday.

I'm confused - the fine print says it can't be used with gaming consoles - but some people bought gaming consoles using this and are claiming it works.

I'm going to buy the PSP Daxter Pack - should I try this or is it a waste of time?

10percentofftx2.jpg

10percentoff2sg7.jpg

40offsr0.jpg

Sorry about the size if somebody can make them thumbnails please do so.

[quote name='mickey79']I'm confused - the fine print says it can't be used with gaming consoles - but some people bought gaming consoles using this and are claiming it works.

I'm going to buy the PSP Daxter Pack - should I try this or is it a waste of time?[/QUOTE]

I did it and it worked, but it depends who you get @ the register. Some people can be real pricks and other can be pretty outgoing.

[quote name='devildr1ver']I did it and it worked, but it depends who you get @ the register. Some people can be real pricks and other can be pretty outgoing.[/quote]

That's what I keep hearing - I guess that's the way to go. I know I did the same during the flawed HD-DVD BOGO sale - and got away with a hefty amount of HD-DVD's. Guess the key is choosing your Cashier well ;)

Let you guys know how I made out tonight. Thanks!

hey, this is my first post and i was thinking of using the $40 to get Assassin's Creed, Uncharted and Rock band bundle. Do any of ya know from what magazine they got that cuz I tried it and it didnt work. Or any tips on how to "trick" them to accepting it?

- Miser Mike

Ave,

This was hillarious! Absolutely.
I printed up the coupon as provided by "devildr1ver" in another thread (Many thanks to you mate) and walked in Circuit City. Picked up my 'Sony PSP Daxter Entertainment Pack' and an Accessories Pro-Kit.

The rep who was helping me out and getting my PSP and all took me to his cash register when I was done. I gave him the coupon which he, much to my surprise, very intricately started to read - including all details in fine print. And believe me, he took a good long 5 minutes to read that fine print over & over.

At that point I sent my wife in other aisled to merrily wander around since I knew this was going to get ugly. Part of me knew it was Not going to work - But the most of me wanted to put up a fight. It's $40 after all.

So he tells me, "This is not valid on games".
For the next 5 minutes I argued with him that it's not valid on Game Consoles like PlayStation, XBOX etc - but it doesn't say anything about "Handhelds" and so it is valid on them - and that "My friends have used it successfully earlier".
Once the rep found out I was getting agitated, he told me he's calling his Supervisor "Just to make sure". I said 'go ahead'.

This very snotty, crummy & snobby Supervisor came with a snub on his face and attitude. In one of the worst Customer Service/Professional experience of my life - this Supervisor very nastily argued with me about how this Coupon is not valid, a couple of times Pointing his finger at the Fine Print and holding it up close to my face - Literally belittling me as if I'm uneducated or unable to read. All the while the one thing that angered, agitated, and fueled my fire was his attitude. I honestly believe if a Supervisor with a smile on his face had very nicely explained the invalidity of the Coupon to me - I would have sincerely left - But his disgusting attitude kept me short of pulverising him.

The entire time my argument was simple "My friends have used it like today - earlier - It's not fair they get the Discount and I don't. I mean Best Buy has the same damn thing for the exact same price - The only reason I came here was the Coupon". I must have repeated this at least 10 times.

Finally I said to him "Why don't you put it in the system and see if it takes it". Very quickly, again, much to my surprise - he put it in the system, on my bill screen. I think he honestly believed it WONT work - but VOILA!!! It DID!! He was infuriated. He basically grunted and hollered "It Is Not Supposed To Work! This Is Wrong!!". Finally he threw the coupon on the rep's desk and said "let it through" and left grunting, hollering and throwing his hands up in the air.

I walked out with $40 Off on my PSP.

That aside. I'm loving the little twirp. It's cooler than I thought.

Thanks All.
:applause::D

[quote name='MiserMike']hey, this is my first post and i was thinking of using the $40 to get Assassin's Creed, Uncharted and Rock band bundle. Do any of ya know from what magazine they got that cuz I tried it and it didnt work. Or any tips on how to "trick" them to accepting it?

- Miser Mike[/QUOTE]
It's not from a magazine. It's from the US postal service.

[quote name='mickey79']Ave,

This was hillarious! Absolutely.
I printed up the coupon as provided by "devildr1ver" in another thread (Many thanks to you mate) and walked in Circuit City. Picked up my 'Sony PSP Daxter Entertainment Pack' and an Accessories Pro-Kit.

The rep who was helping me out and getting my PSP and all took me to his cash register when I was done. I gave him the coupon which he, much to my surprise, very intricately started to read - including all details in fine print. And believe me, he took a good long 5 minutes to read that fine print over & over.

At that point I sent my wife in other aisled to merrily wander around since I knew this was going to get ugly. Part of me knew it was Not going to work - But the most of me wanted to put up a fight. It's $40 after all.

So he tells me, "This is not valid on games".
For the next 5 minutes I argued with him that it's not valid on Game Consoles like PlayStation, XBOX etc - but it doesn't say anything about "Handhelds" and so it is valid on them - and that "My friends have used it successfully earlier".
Once the rep found out I was getting agitated, he told me he's calling his Supervisor "Just to make sure". I said 'go ahead'.

This very snotty, crummy & snobby Supervisor came with a snub on his face and attitude. In one of the worst Customer Service/Professional experience of my life - this Supervisor very nastily argued with me about how this Coupon is not valid, a couple of times Pointing his finger at the Fine Print and holding it up close to my face - Literally belittling me as if I'm uneducated or unable to read. All the while the one thing that angered, agitated, and fueled my fire was his attitude. I honestly believe if a Supervisor with a smile on his face had very nicely explained the invalidity of the Coupon to me - I would have sincerely left - But his disgusting attitude kept me short of pulverising him.

The entire time my argument was simple "My friends have used it like today - earlier - It's not fair they get the Discount and I don't. I mean Best Buy has the same damn thing for the exact same price - The only reason I came here was the Coupon". I must have repeated this at least 10 times.

Finally I said to him "Why don't you put it in the system and see if it takes it". Very quickly, again, much to my surprise - he put it in the system, on my bill screen. I think he honestly believed it WONT work - but VOILA!!! It DID!! He was infuriated. He basically grunted and hollered "It Is Not Supposed To Work! This Is Wrong!!". Finally he threw the coupon on the rep's desk and said "let it through" and left grunting, hollering and throwing his hands up in the air.

I walked out with $40 Off on my PSP.

That aside. I'm loving the little twirp. It's cooler than I thought.

Thanks All.
:applause::D[/QUOTE]

The best part about this is that you KNEW something like this was going to happen lol. I think you found this more entertaining then frustrating. Good one mang.

Dammit. I wish I had known that this worked with game consoles when it was still valid... I think I even looked at the original post when the deal was active, but I left the thread when I saw that the coupon listed gaming consoles as an exclusion...

[quote name='cheapkevin']Where could I get a circular that comes with that coupon?[/quote]

It doesn't come in a circular. It only is available to you if you physically change your address with the Post Office.

The coupon works, I tried it today on the new 80GB Zune and got it for $210. Be advised the coupon will NOT scan and they will have to type in the numbers manually. I tried printing the coupon in the smaller actual size in the best quality on hp premium plus photo paper and it still would not scan.

I tried to use this on a PSP but it was a no go. The worker scanned it without question....but even though it scanned fine, it wouldn't subtract from the purchase. I gave up and got the Piano Black slim at GameStop (didn't have any at CC).

I ended up giving the coupon to my mom for Christmas shopping. She succesfully used it while buying a bunch of games.

[quote name='Dejitaru_Davis']I tried to use this on a PSP but it was a no go. The worker scanned it without question....but even though it scanned fine, it wouldn't subtract from the purchase. I gave up and got the Piano Black slim at GameStop (didn't have any at CC).

I ended up giving the coupon to my mom for Christmas shopping. She succesfully used it while buying a bunch of games.[/quote]

Was your total over $200 before tax, or did you try to just get one of the bundles, leaving you $.01 short?

[quote name='Dejitaru_Davis']I tried to use this on a PSP but it was a no go. The worker scanned it without question....but even though it scanned fine, it wouldn't subtract from the purchase. I gave up and got the Piano Black slim at GameStop (didn't have any at CC).

I ended up giving the coupon to my mom for Christmas shopping. She succesfully used it while buying a bunch of games.[/quote]

It says right on the scanned copy not valid for consoles, might that include PSP? And technically they don't have to accept any photo copies and manually enter it just per the fine print. I was excited to use this, untill I read it.

[quote name='gidaeon']It says right on the scanned copy not valid for consoles, might that include PSP? And technically they don't have to accept any photo copies and manually enter it just per the fine print. I was excited to use this, untill I read it.[/quote]

Several people in this thread have reported it working on the PSP. My guess is that the poster just tried it on a bundle, and like I said earlier, it won't work since the bundle isn't $200 before tax.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Several people in this thread have reported it working on the PSP. My guess is that the poster just tried it on a bundle, and like I said earlier, it won't work since the bundle isn't $200 before tax.[/quote]All the more reason to grab a candy bar or something else for $1-2 before trying to check out. :D

bread's done
Back