Class of Heroes 2 PSP / Vita Presale Now Open!

buffbov

CAGiversary!
Many have argued whether or not this is a deal, and I don't know how anyone could argue that its not. To drive awareness after multiple delays, I felt this deserved a new thread.

$36.99 gets you, " a digital voucher that entitles you to a physical copy of Class of Heroes 2 that includes a case with the art shown on the left, a UMD with custom art, and a game manual AS WELL AS a North America PSN (only) digital download code that will allow the game to also be downloaded from the North American PlayStation Network (aka SEN)."

This will be an incredibly rare UMD, and the digital download code will be emailed to purchasers separately allowing them to keep the original sealed if they wish to do so. The digital copy will play on Vita as well as PSP. Enjoy :D

May 8th is the last day to place an order for a physical UMD.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/GW_presale_reg.htm

A lot of questions you may have about the game can most likely be answered at the official forums here: http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/forumdisplay.php?4-Gaijin-Outpost

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I also remember reading in another thread about people complaining about the delays when you deal with this guy. At least he released the digital version, and he's trying to fix the remaining issues before releasing the umd version.
He could have already had the discs to us but then you would need to download a patch to fix a known bug. What he opted to do was fix the bug then send us the game. Plus with the fact that we got a digital copy of the game before everyone else did I'm not to mad about the delay. Manufacturing and going through giant companies are no small feat and take time.

....because people might not of backed the project if they felt like he wasn't going to be able to meet the deadlines he projected?
"Delays are temporary, mediocrity is forever."

In general, If you didn't expect delays from Vic... then you must not have followed Working Designs too closely. When Lunar 2 for PS1 went to ship, it was met with a one day delay from a snowstorm. (Much to the delight of someone I knew who hated Vic with a passion.) They've always wanted to release titles as close to perfect as they can. If he said "Gee, I think I'll go ahead and release this, even with the errors because people want the physical copy now." There would be more upset people that the discs were faulty or whatever and refusing to ever touch anything they release again.

It could always be worse. Magic Knight Rayearth was delayed for a couple of years. I think it had something to do with some critical file that they had to fix but something was preventing it. I can't recall off-hand what happened, but I know it was delayed so long that they ate next-day shipping for every copy they sold from their store.

As long as I receive this BEFORE the end of September, I'm good. If not, there will be some issues as I'm moving to Canada at the end of September...

"Delays are temporary, mediocrity is forever."

In general, If you didn't expect delays from Vic... then you must not have followed Working Designs too closely. When Lunar 2 for PS1 went to ship, it was met with a one day delay from a snowstorm. (Much to the delight of someone I knew who hated Vic with a passion.) They've always wanted to release titles as close to perfect as they can. If he said "Gee, I think I'll go ahead and release this, even with the errors because people want the physical copy now." There would be more upset people that the discs were faulty or whatever and refusing to ever touch anything they release again.

It could always be worse. Magic Knight Rayearth was delayed for a couple of years. I think it had something to do with some critical file that they had to fix but something was preventing it. I can't recall off-hand what happened, but I know it was delayed so long that they ate next-day shipping for every copy they sold from their store.
I want to own MKR so badly but not for $100. Now If Vic can score me a copy I'll forgive the delay ;P

the company can mostly go   fuck themself 

Good news: No bugs were found in Sony testing.

Bad news: Failed on a technical error with the product code embedding. We have to make a version 1.01 test disc before we can manufacture. Ugh - we know, awful. We're turning this around and getting the revised image to DADC so we can make the samples right away, but still, not fun news.

There's one bit we wanted to hold until you got the game, a little extra we did for fans who supported this, but in light of this news I'll share it in the next day or so to take some of the sting out of this last delay. I think you'll like it.

I'll use this thread for official updates, so I'm going to lock the other thread about UMD status.

he always has a  reason why they are delayed  but its never   THEIR FAULT 

love how they said they were numbered    the     bottom number does not even have anything to do with number printed so  why the fuck number them.... ooo i got  12 out of  3699..

so  who gives a fuck    its not  12  out of 3699  disc..

love how they said they were numbered the bottom number does not even have anything to do with number printed so why the fuck number them.... ooo i got 12 out of 3699..

so who gives a fuck its not 12 out of 3699 disc..
The 3699 isn't a bottom number for the number of copies printed, it is in roman numerals as part of the design along the border of a certificate that will come with every physical copy. The numbered print will be in a hologram sticker in it's own location on the certificate and a matching numbered hologram will be on the back of each games package. With how it is set up I really doubt anyone looking at the certificate would mistake it for X out of 3699. There is a sample image of it up on http://www.gaijinworks.com/. The MMMDCXCIX under the Class of Heroes 2 logo is the roman numerals in question and the box on the right side with the fancy borders is where the hologram sticker will go. To me it brings to mind the way some schools and academies will have the year they were founded in somewhere in their crest that is stamped on all their deplomas and other official documents.

I'm starting to wonder if this should be renamed Class of Operation Rainfall Collector's Box Nukem Forever.
starting to wonder if the entire thing was not a scam that the game was never tested before release or any of that stuff. Dont see how a company can have SO Many problems out of the blue

been a month with no update. hopefully moneypaw find someone else to work with in the future

Vic appears to be posting primarily on the official forum: http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/showthread.php?167-Class-of-Heroes-2-Physical-Version-UMD-Updates&s=b05ad57ce1f724a6a6ec6dde165bd3c1&p=5299&viewfull=1#post5299

vicireland (posted: 08-23-2013, 08:56 PM) - It hasn't been announced, but speculated. The speculation is correct, though.

With the discs taking so long to get through approvals, and the last SNAFU with version 1.00, we gambled that the license would be done in time for the UMD release (it was very close to finishing negotiation). The gamble paid off, and the song license finally approved, so the physical UMDs will be complete and code-identical to the revised PSN version that's coming, including the English opening. Also, we negotiated a bonus in that we can include the original opening's Japanese version that the user can select by holding a button while the game boots, or during the attract mode. So BOTH will be on the UMD and in the revised PSN version.

I was told that the version 1.01 UMD samples are expected early next week at SCEA. Once they're approved for manufacture, we can FINALLY start making them!

Thanks to all for their patience. Hopefully this news makes the wait a little better.

I'm surprised the game still hasn't entered production but this is good news. I'd rather have the complete game on disc then one needing an update.
Agreed. Hopefully we'll get a better time table for when the physical edition will ship. I would like to think mid-September is realistic.

saw this on their website yesterday "CoH version UMD ver. 1.01 approval came in! We can start the manufacturing process!"

Looks like we'll finally get our games soon. How long do you think it will take to produce?

say this on their website yesterday "CoH version UMD ver. 1.01 approval came in! We can start the manufacturing process!"

Looks like we'll finally get our games soon. How long do you think it will take to produce?
Vic said at one point that there was a queue for PSP games, since Sony down PSP game production. I also think I remember seeing a PSP game takes about 2-4 weeks from receiving the master copy to getting them to publishers.

EDIT* This is what Vic said when it was originally delayed so I can't imagine it being that much different now... so they'll probably have them in a month and then we wait for our copies to be shipped.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/showthread.php?167-Class-of-Heroes-2-Physical-Version-UMD-Updates&p=5120&viewfull=1#post5120

Mid-September sounds safe then. Assuming it's shipped within the US, we should all receive our game(s) within 5-7 days after shipping.

Can't say yet. UMD manufacture is down to 1-2 days per month, so we're a bit at the mercy of that schedule. I don't know what days those are in Sept yet. As soon as I have more info, I'll post.

wonder how many more reason they can give its  SOMEONE ELSES FAULT  besides theirs the thing is taking so long 

i say it be NOVEMBER and we will still be asking  WHERES OUR GAMES   you be lucky to see this by  xmas

Can't say yet. UMD manufacture is down to 1-2 days per month, so we're a bit at the mercy of that schedule. I don't know what days those are in Sept yet. As soon as I have more info, I'll post.

wonder how many more reason they can give its SOMEONE ELSES FAULT besides theirs the thing is taking so long

i say it be NOVEMBER and we will still be asking WHERES OUR GAMES you be lucky to see this by xmas
Pretty sure Vic will give you a refund if you're this unhappy. Do you need his contact info? Or are you not interested because you've already flipped your copies?

I wonder if this will be the last physical psp release in the U.S. I know they were thinking of releasing Class of Heroes 3. I hope we get some more as there are so many psp rpgs I'd like to see get localized.

Pretty sure Vic will give you a refund if you're this unhappy. Do you need his contact info? Or are you not interested because you've already flipped your copies?
saying everytime there is a problem its someone elses fault.

they did not have copyright to a song. They go we had no idea we needed copyright, what is a bunch of bull cause anyone knows they would of.

ect ect ect

just saying if i knew it be this long i would of never ordered it and just grabbed a PSN one off ebay for 10 . Some have asked for refunds already and they said NO REFUNDS will be given

it was for a gift what i had to go out and buy something else for them (they was not happy either) so when i do get it, it will just be tossed into the forget me basement with the rest of the trash

saying everytime there is a problem its someone elses fault.

they did not have copyright to a song. They go we had no idea we needed copyright, what is a bunch of bull cause anyone knows they would of.

ect ect ect

just saying if i knew it be this long i would of never ordered it and just grabbed a PSN one off ebay for 10 . Some have asked for refunds already and they said NO REFUNDS will be given

it was for a gift what i had to go out and buy something else for them (they was not happy either) so when i do get it, it will just be tossed into the forget me basement with the rest of the trash
I don't think that has been the case at all. Some problems Vic has taken responsibility for including his failure to do proper QA and his failure to handle the song copyright properly. The latest couple of delays have been a result of a game glitch. As a result, we are all going to get the full and final version of the game on the UMD including the intro. He's not lying about Sony moving at their own pace on UMD pressing. I know this from personal experience and given the press run of this game, it was likely a very, very low priority for Sony.

It's unfortunate that your friend is a jerk and couldn't take an IOU on the gift, but Vic was always up front about the fact that the timeframe on this release was fuzzy given all the variables involved. It seems odd that your friend couldn't have just accepted the PSN download as a placeholder on the physical release..

In any event, I'm not aware of anyone being denied a refund. Perhaps you can point out where people have claimed this as it's not consistent with what I have seen Vic tell people who were really upset on his own forums and NeoGaf.

I don't think that has been the case at all. Some problems Vic has taken responsibility for including his failure to do proper QA and his failure to handle the song copyright properly. The latest couple of delays have been a result of a game glitch. As a result, we are all going to get the full and final version of the game on the UMD including the intro. He's not lying about Sony moving at their own pace on UMD pressing. I know this from personal experience and given the press run of this game, it was likely a very, very low priority for Sony.

It's unfortunate that your friend is a jerk and couldn't take an IOU on the gift, but Vic was always up front about the fact that the timeframe on this release was fuzzy given all the variables involved. It seems odd that your friend couldn't have just accepted the PSN download as a placeholder on the physical release..

In any event, I'm not aware of anyone being denied a refund. Perhaps you can point out where people have claimed this as it's not consistent with what I have seen Vic tell people who were really upset on his own forums and NeoGaf.
was back around end of may

Vic posted earlier today that they expect the Physical editions to ship out around the end of June, but we should have a more updated production schedule soon. Digital is still on target to be released near end of May.

then when july came they started with the reasons why it was not out

This hasn't been updated for a while but it looks like we might be getting close. In short: Vic said they should have the games by this Friday or next Monday. It'll probably take them a couple of days to start packing/sending them out after that since it sounds like this is a small operation. 

http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/showthread.php?167-Class-of-Heroes-2-Physical-Version-UMD-Updates&p=5908&viewfull=1#post5908

So, it took two months longer than originally advertised but I guess we should have them soon. 

Silly how so many people got butthurt. Learn some patience and open mindedness people.

Stuff happens that is out of your control sometimes. It's not their fault if Sony only manufacturers a dead and unpopular format only 1 or 2 days a month and not on a set schedule

Just got an email saying that my copy would be shipped either tomorrow or friday and wanted to confirm my address. It's finally happening get hyped.

Waiting for the next status update saying underwear gnomes attacked the truck and that the shipment will be delayed another 2 weeks.

Just got an email saying that my copy would be shipped either tomorrow or friday and wanted to confirm my address. It's finally happening get hyped.
why you hype for, you could of been playing the download since June.... probally toss my copy on ebay since the item was a gift for july (unless i give it for an xmas gift)

why you hype for, you could of been playing the download since June.... probally toss my copy on ebay since the item was a gift for july (unless i give it for an xmas gift)
because I paid for it month's ago and I finally get to hold it in my hands. Guess I just want closure so that Vic can move on to other games. I think there was some big ps1 classic that's supposed to be coming out but it got held up because of this

because I paid for it month's ago and I finally get to hold it in my hands. Guess I just want closure so that Vic can move on to other games. I think there was some big ps1 classic that's supposed to be coming out but it got held up because of this
though they said the next game they was working on was class of heroes 3?

I'll probably throw my copy up on eBay as well. I supported the campaign just because but dungeon-crawlers are definitely not my thing.

Did anyone get actual shipping email with tracking in addition to that stock email every got?

not yet. I actually wanted to ask if anyone rememberes how the digital copies worked. If i recall didn't they email the codes to us a while back? My inbox is a mess and i cant seem to find it. If they did does anyone know the subject/sender address they used? Or maybe im remembering wrong and we get the code when these ship? I know i ordered two so i should get 2 codes

bread's done
Back