Class of Heroes 2G PS3 "Possible" Physical Release

buffbov

CAGiversary!
Class of Heroes 2G for PS3 will be coming to PSN soon, and "possibly" also as a limited edition physical copy if enough people sign up.

This news was originally posted here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/219423-japanese-niche-games-deals-thread-atlus-nisa-aksys-xseed-and-more/page-317#entry11622437

I felt this info deserved its own thread for several reasons: 1.) To generate awareness for this game, because the physical release will only happen if enough people sign up to buy a minimum of 7,000 copies; 2.) I started a thread similar to this for the physical PSP release (which may not have happened at all without the awareness generated here on CAG), and while many argued my thread wasn't a deal and didn't belong in the deals section, the mods ultimately left the thread in the deals section. You may believe what you like, but I feel pretty confident that obtaining a one-run limited edition PS3 game, that is not sold in stores, for $40 + shipping is certainly a deal; and 3.) I want to see this game become reality in physical form, so please sign up if you are serious about purchasing a copy.

People who are interested in signing up for this unique and rare game may do so here: http://www.gaijinworks.com

Here is another link with useful information about this possible one-time deal: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787124&highlight=class+of+heroes+2g

The PSP physical edition is a gem in my collection, and I certainly hope my fellow CAGers can generate enough interest to make this "possible" deal a reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your definition is ridiculous. By that definition, every game released on a disc or other physical media would warrant its own thread. At least the Steam, PSN and XBL threads are single and stickied so nobody keeps adding new threads each week or everytime there is a sale. Also, the Steam, PSN and XBL threads are actually about deals as in discounts below MSRP or price drops or sales on actual games. This isn't even a preorder yet, it's just a poll to see if there is enough interest to move to a preorder. Like I said, I backed the Kickstarter, I backed the PSP release and I signed up for this immediately, but this absolutely doesn't belong in the deal thread.
Well, I'm glad people like the OP aren't like you and post this kind of stuff up here. I wouldn't have known about this if it weren't for this thread (I don't read the niche games thread either)

Well, I'm glad people like the OP aren't like you and post this kind of stuff up here. I wouldn't have known about this if it weren't for this thread (I don't read the niche games thread either)
Yes, you're glad that people are doing whatever they want even if it is outside of the bounds of the rules of the board just because it benefits your laziness and unwillingness to check the appropriate news sites or subforums. It's exactly that kind of thinking that has turned this deal board into a difficult to navigate mess of junk.

If you play niche games, read the niche game thread.

If you like CEs, read the CE thread.

If you are on PSN, read Frisky's thread.

I'm not following how this meets the definition of a "Deal" and I'm someone who bought six copies of the PSP version just to support the effort and supported the original Kickstarter. It's a poll to determine if there is enough interest to warrant taking preorders for a retail release of a game that is going to be released digitally regardless. There is no discount or sale price. We have a niche game thread where this would fit perfectly. The deal forum is already flooded with junk and this doesn't belong here regardless of how interested I am in this particular release.
While I agree it's not much of a "deal". It is a "deal" because paying MSRP for this limited run is probably the cheapest you would get a sealed copy for. So it is a "deal" if you look at it like that.

Also this thread was probably made to get people to sign up so we get enough people to get the release. I didn't know about this and wouldn't have if no one posted this deal. Thanks to the OP for that.

Working Designs was a legend we could only hope Gaijinworks gets to that level.

Anyone get this to work today? I've tried a few times and never get an email from them to verify. And yes, i've checked my junk mail folder. I tried to contact them through their webmaster email link and that fails with an email over quota message from their system....

I did it earlier this morning and it worked fine.  Got it about 10-15 seconds after I signed up.  It was a very short email.

Thanks, OP.  I love these types of games and without this thread it would have not showed up on my radar.  Haters:  take a hike.

Picked up 2 of the PSP releases (still sealed since I can play the digital that came with it on my vita), so I will also pick up 2 of these too.  I hope in an all-digital future :cry: , companies like X-seed and NISA will consider this.  I will always support it.

dude its a deal and those few who get it those will be worth some money
No a deal is when you get something for less than normal, or you get bonus items you normally wouldn't. MSRP is not a deal. And if you buy a game in the hopes it becomes valuable later it again is not only not a deal, its stupid to invest in games.

COH2 for psp was touted as a "deal" because of how rare it was going to be and how much it would be worth like a year ago at like 40 bucks, not its like between 50 and 60 sealed with the COA included. That isn't exactly valuable. Now with another printing on the ps3 it will make it even less so.

Anyone who buys games because they will be valuable are laughable at best. Out of the what 500 games that come out a year how many double in value? 1 maybe at the most? And 50% of the time even then it takes 10 years to double in value, so waiting a decade to earn 60 bucks is just the worst kind of interest rate you can get. Jesus if people who bought games for value simply took all of the money they spent on games and put it in a savings account they would make a hell of a lot more money vs what little gain they get buying games and what they waste on buying games that end up for 10 bucks in a bargain.

Buy the game because you want to play it, but if you buy a game because it might be worth something is a fools errand. The only games to ever be worth money are almost always some obscure dumbass game no one bought to begin and no one would have ever guessed or could have guessed it would be worth a thing.

No a deal is when you get something for less than normal, or you get bonus items you normally wouldn't. MSRP is not a deal. And if you buy a game in the hopes it becomes valuable later it again is not only not a deal, its stupid to invest in games.

COH2 for psp was touted as a "deal" because of how rare it was going to be and how much it would be worth like a year ago at like 40 bucks, not its like between 50 and 60 sealed with the COA included. That isn't exactly valuable. Now with another printing on the ps3 it will make it even less so.

Anyone who buys games because they will be valuable are laughable at best. Out of the what 500 games that come out a year how many double in value? 1 maybe at the most? And 50% of the time even then it takes 10 years to double in value, so waiting a decade to earn 60 bucks is just the worst kind of interest rate you can get. Jesus if people who bought games for value simply took all of the money they spent on games and put it in a savings account they would make a hell of a lot more money vs what little gain they get buying games and what they waste on buying games that end up for 10 bucks in a bargain.

Buy the game because you want to play it, but if you buy a game because it might be worth something is a fools errand. The only games to ever be worth money are almost always some obscure dumbass game no one bought to begin and no one would have ever guessed or could have guessed it would be worth a thing.
You're retarded. A 1 year CD has a .2% rate. A 5 year CD is around .5%. That doesn't even cover inflation. Please keep giving us investment advice.

You're retarded. A 1 year CD has a .2% rate. A 5 year CD is around .5%. That doesn't even cover inflation. Please keep giving us investment advice.
Actually, I think you missed his point. Even if you're losing money due to inflation with a tiny interest rate, it's still a much better return than buying games for MSRP and then hoping that you chose the tiny handful that actually appreciate in value. This site is dedicated to cheap games, not gambling on niche games and hoping to make money.

is this actually even happening?
Not at present, although the digital release is still happening. Last I heard, Vic/Gaijinworks was going to look into lowering the target and increasing the MSRP in the hopes of still hitting the financial targets they need to meet to make the release viable.

Actually, I think you missed his point. Even if you're losing money due to inflation with a tiny interest rate, it's still a much better return than buying games for MSRP and then hoping that you chose the tiny handful that actually appreciate in value. This site is dedicated to cheap games, not gambling on niche games and hoping to make money.
Nobody really expects to make money on even most niche releases. Buying this kind of release isn't the same as preordering another Atelier game.

I signed up, although haven't gotten the confirmation email. Hopefully it shows up soon.

I got the PSP version, hopefully they do the same physical + digital release so I don't feel tempted to open it, because that was great.

Thanks for posting this.

Allow me to offer a different view, since I too think 'investing' in games is dumb. I'm a cheapassgamer who buys games at their cheapest, or close to it. I collect physical media, but not to resell. So let's say in one month, one short month after this game is released. Where can I buy this game? Nowhere, because it was one-time order, if they follow the PSP release. Second hand markets only, and their prices will not be cheaper than MSRP, let alone MSRP itself. So by that rule, MSRP is a deal because it's the 'cheapest' it will ever be, due to speculation.

So yes, one month+ after release, this price will be 'less than normal' on a physical copy, and it would be too late for the deal.

Now if you only care about the game, the digital versions should go on sale eventually, so wait for that then.

Allow me to offer a different view, since I too think 'investing' in games is dumb. I'm a cheapassgamer who buys games at their cheapest, or close to it. I collect physical media, but not to resell. So let's say in one month, one short month after this game is released. Where can I buy this game? Nowhere, because it was one-time order, if they follow the PSP release. Second hand markets only, and their prices will not be cheaper than MSRP, let alone MSRP itself. So by that rule, MSRP is a deal because it's the 'cheapest' it will ever be, due to speculation.

So yes, one month+ after release, this price will be 'less than normal' on a physical copy, and it would be too late for the deal.

Now if you only care about the game, the digital versions should go on sale eventually, so wait for that then.
That view is why we have threads like the CE/LE thread and the Japanese niche game threads. They aren't deals, but if you don't preorder on some items, you might not be able to get them at MSRP down the road. I mean, in theory every single run or niche game could be impossible to get for MSRP down the road. That's the nature of how the games business works for non-AAA titles. So, instead of taking up space for each new release and cluttering the forums, the compromise was to create and use those threads. This game could and should have been placed in the Japanese niche thread, especially since this isn't even something that can be preordered yet and may never be available to preorder or buy. It's just a survey, in many ways like a Kickstarter or crowdfunding effort, which is another thing we don't allow in the deal threads. I get that people want to be able to buy this, I do too. That doesn't, however, justify starting a new thread for this game in the deals section, especially when the current poll is not even active so to speak as the target was already missed a while back and Vic is in the process of coming up with an alternate plan for how to make the numbers work. As such, this thread should be locked for now and reopened either in the news forum or within the Japanese niche game thread once plans are firm once again.

So this is Wizardry for the PS3? ;)

Anyway,

Though I sincerely hope that this gets made, I'm going to have to give it a pass.  I was very disappointed in the quality of the Kickstarter exclusive version of the PSP game.  I think Gaijinworks' hearts are in the right place, but I find their execution falls a bit short of the mark to convince me to continue giving them money for their work on this franchise.

So this is Wizardry for the PS3? ;)

Anyway,

Though I sincerely hope that this gets made, I'm going to have to give it a pass. I was very disappointed in the quality of the Kickstarter exclusive version of the PSP game. I think Gaijinworks' hearts are in the right place, but I find their execution falls a bit short of the mark to convince me to continue giving them money for their work on this franchise.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I bought a Kickstarter version from someone and man, the cover looked like garbage... the picture used was such a low resolution picture and the color quality was awful. The standard release was perfectly fine though.

I thought presale started today at 12 Pacific time(3 eastern time)? Did I miss something(memo)? Im hitting the page and I dont see any pre ordering

never expect it to be on time.  Forums seem to imply that it will be later this week or early next week.  Not 100% sure.  I signed up for notification so if it opens, I'd hope that an email comes our so that I don't have to keep visiting the gaijinworks page every hour.

I thought presale started today at 12 Pacific time(3 eastern time)? Did I miss something(memo)? Im hitting the page and I dont see any pre ordering
12:27PM PST WE'RE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH AMAZON PAYMENTS, SO BUY PAGE IS DOWN UNTIL WE RESOLVE THE ISSUE. BEAR WITH US WHILE WE WORK WITH THEM TO SOLVE THIS.

I'm so mad they botched it, first of all they were late and then Vic's like"you know how you thought you ordered one, well actually you didn't, lol.", so I guess I'm not getting a low number now, so unprofessional. I just want to forget about it and be surprised when it shows up on my doorstep next year.

Edit: Vic fixed my order queue so everything's milk and honey, disappointment subsided.

I'm so mad they botched it, first of all they were late and then Vic's like"you know how you thought you ordered one, well actually you didn't, lol.", so I guess I'm not getting a low number now, so unprofessional. I just want to forget about it and be surprised when it shows up on my doorstep next year.
Huh? I'm pretty sure they said it would be like 6-8 weeks after they stop taking orders. So at most 3 months. ;)

Do they guarantee early order = low number?

do they charge right away? aah whatever ordered 1 woots awesomeness

Edit: nvm i see thats through amazon so charge when they ship it i presume

Not sure if my order went through or not, when I click on the order # link in the Amazon Payments e-mail I was sent it shows up, but if I go straight to payments.amazon.com there's no activity. Also there's no charge on my bank account. Guess I'll contact them to make sure.

When u go to the order link, does the site say payments.amazon or payments-sandbox.amazon in the URL? If it is the later you need to reorder

Midori Monkey, on 24 Jun 2014 - 2:55 PM, said:
When u go to the order link, does the site say payments.amazon or payments-sandbox.amazon in the URL? If it is the later you need to reorder
payments.amazon, also I contacted them and they replied right away to assure me that my order went through. Thanks!

Just a heads up i recieved another email stating my order has shipped

Edit: nvm is just a notice that my order was recieved

do they charge right away? aah whatever ordered 1 woots awesomeness

Edit: nvm i see thats through amazon so charge when they ship it i presume
The "Your Order with Gaijinworks has shipped!" email from Amazon is a lie.

They pretend the game is shipped just to get the money up front.

It is kind of sketchy.

"We will charge your credit card in 1-3 days and you will receive an e-voucher reserving your copy, which will be shipped when manufacture is completed, approximately 6-8 weeks from now."

bread's done
Back