Class of Heroes 2G PS3 "Possible" Physical Release

buffbov

CAGiversary!
Class of Heroes 2G for PS3 will be coming to PSN soon, and "possibly" also as a limited edition physical copy if enough people sign up.

This news was originally posted here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/219423-japanese-niche-games-deals-thread-atlus-nisa-aksys-xseed-and-more/page-317#entry11622437

I felt this info deserved its own thread for several reasons: 1.) To generate awareness for this game, because the physical release will only happen if enough people sign up to buy a minimum of 7,000 copies; 2.) I started a thread similar to this for the physical PSP release (which may not have happened at all without the awareness generated here on CAG), and while many argued my thread wasn't a deal and didn't belong in the deals section, the mods ultimately left the thread in the deals section. You may believe what you like, but I feel pretty confident that obtaining a one-run limited edition PS3 game, that is not sold in stores, for $40 + shipping is certainly a deal; and 3.) I want to see this game become reality in physical form, so please sign up if you are serious about purchasing a copy.

People who are interested in signing up for this unique and rare game may do so here: http://www.gaijinworks.com

Here is another link with useful information about this possible one-time deal: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787124&highlight=class+of+heroes+2g

The PSP physical edition is a gem in my collection, and I certainly hope my fellow CAGers can generate enough interest to make this "possible" deal a reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Several pages back some folks mentioned that the serial number hologram sticker was on the outer shrink-wrap.
And it is. Which pretty much guarantees I'll never open this damn thing. Because, you know, I have to keep it mint for all the imaginary people who are going to come gawk at my video game collection.

Got mine today. #1462. :lol:

Still annoying that they couldn't give shipping notices. I mean, it even has a tracking number on it, how hard would it have been to send those out?

For those of you who have received it, where are you located and where did it ship from? I still haven't received my copy.:whistle2:

For those of you who have received it, where are you located and where did it ship from? I still haven't received my copy.:whistle2:/
I haven't received mine yet and I'm in the Bay Area. (Where they're actually being sent from...) so I wouldn't worry just yet.

Just got mine! (#1688) They ship from Redding, CA.

Edit: Also, got a super cute sticker on my packaging box!!

I haven't received mine yet and I'm in the Bay Area. (Where they're actually being sent from...) so I wouldn't worry just yet.
NY. Shipped from Redding, CA.
So... they're shipping these out slowly or as they get around to them maybe? I guess it's too early to tell but given it's the holiday season, and the sheer volume of mail at this time, I'm always worried about lost packages.

So... they're shipping these out slowly or as they get around to them maybe? I guess it's too early to tell but given it's the holiday season, and the sheer volume of mail at this time, I'm always worried about lost packages.
I remember when they shipped the PSP version out it took them several days of shipping to get them all out the door. But I'm sure the holiday postal traffic doesn't help either. A bunch of the stuff I ordered from Best Buy during BF week is still filtering through the labyrinth that is our highly efficient postal service system as well.

I remember when they shipped the PSP version out it took them several days of shipping to get them all out the door. But I'm sure the holiday postal traffic doesn't help either. A bunch of the stuff I ordered from Best Buy during BF week is still filtering through the labyrinth that is our highly efficient postal service system as well.
Correct but this is the reason why they should have at least sent out a tracking# with it. I live in Miami and I have yet to get my copy however my friend who lives a little north of Miami got his already. So now im like "WTF?", is it lost in the holiday shipping rush? Stolen maybe? Who knows since they didnt provide us with tracking#. Everyday after coming back from work, i check my mailbox hoping my game arrived safe and sound lol

Got my first copy from VideoGamesPlus.ca today - no cute shipping box (was shipped in a white bubble mailer).  Mine is #2648, which is the highest I've seen posted so far.  This would seem to indicate that the print run on this one exceeded the print run on the PSP release of CoH2.  That one had ~500 kickstarter cover versions and ~2,200 of the non-kickstarter cover.

I wanna say production was 3300 or 3800. I could be wrong. Could have sworn I saw that number somewhere in the forum though on gaijin works
Kinda surprised that this that high... that's almost as much as the PSP version. Figured this one would be lower.

Anyway, still nothing for me in IL.

Kinda surprised that this that high... that's almost as much as the PSP version. Figured this one would be lower.

Anyway, still nothing for me in IL.
That's more than the PSP version. Vic said the PSP version had a ~2,700 production run, of which 80% were standard covers and 20% were Kickstarter covers.

My copy arrived yesterday from WA state. I think we should send Vic Ireland a e-mail stating tracking should be mandatory for all Gaijinworks items. I was in limbo wonderinf if it'll ever show up.

Got number 0509 and 0999 in mine and my buddy's. Out of curiosity, is a lower number print always more valuable or is something like 0999 worth a bit extra to collectors because of it's more rounded and unique nature? I feel like I'd be more attracted to 0999 but my buddy says lower number is ALWAYS a better one to have.

Got number 0509 and 0999 in mine and my buddy's. Out of curiosity, is a lower number print always more valuable or is something like 0999 worth a bit extra to collectors because of it's more rounded and unique nature? I feel like I'd be more attracted to 0999 but my buddy says lower number is ALWAYS a better one to have.
Sometimes special numbers are more appealing to collectors. I got #1500 from this run and don't mind at all.

Sometimes special numbers are more appealing to collectors. I got #1500 from this run and don't mind at all.
I agree. For me, unless I have a number in the first 100-ish or the initial 5% range, I don't give much additional thought or valuation to the number. But at that point I'd rather have an interesting number (repeating, an exact century mark, etc).

Where is the production number located?  I don't see it anywhere other than maybe it's a number on the MonkeyPaw hologram?

finally got mine(Miami, FL). Package came with sticker but not the cute bunny. Instead i got some demon looking bat thing lol

I got #968, but I haven't opened mine yet. I also got some random green haired dude with lipstick on for a sticker. Weird.

There's one of every character/logo sticker on the shipping packages inside the manual as a neat little bonus (in case nobody mentioned it).

bread's done
Back