Class of Heroes 2G PS3 "Possible" Physical Release

buffbov

CAGiversary!
Class of Heroes 2G for PS3 will be coming to PSN soon, and "possibly" also as a limited edition physical copy if enough people sign up.

This news was originally posted here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/219423-japanese-niche-games-deals-thread-atlus-nisa-aksys-xseed-and-more/page-317#entry11622437

I felt this info deserved its own thread for several reasons: 1.) To generate awareness for this game, because the physical release will only happen if enough people sign up to buy a minimum of 7,000 copies; 2.) I started a thread similar to this for the physical PSP release (which may not have happened at all without the awareness generated here on CAG), and while many argued my thread wasn't a deal and didn't belong in the deals section, the mods ultimately left the thread in the deals section. You may believe what you like, but I feel pretty confident that obtaining a one-run limited edition PS3 game, that is not sold in stores, for $40 + shipping is certainly a deal; and 3.) I want to see this game become reality in physical form, so please sign up if you are serious about purchasing a copy.

People who are interested in signing up for this unique and rare game may do so here: http://www.gaijinworks.com

Here is another link with useful information about this possible one-time deal: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787124&highlight=class+of+heroes+2g

The PSP physical edition is a gem in my collection, and I certainly hope my fellow CAGers can generate enough interest to make this "possible" deal a reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn, so that is the number. I got #73 then. I thought I made my order fast than that since I'm pretty sure I got the order in only a couple minutes after the sandbox issue was fixed.

Serial number fulfillment is random.  They aren't going to spend time matching order sequence and serial number sequence during a fulfillment process.

Serial number fulfillment is random. They aren't going to spend time matching order sequence and serial number sequence during a fulfillment process.
Incorrect. They assigned serial numbers to everyone based on the order in which the games were purchased. Because there was a snafu on the first day with the ordering system for a short time, if you ordered during that time and had the "ghost" confirmation from Amazon fulfillment, Vic went back and reordered the numbers if you contacted him so you got whatever number in order you should have had.

My game was 458 (iirc). I wanted to open mine to play, so I was careful not to rip the hologram when opening the shrink wrap and then I cut the hologram out with scissors and stuck it behind the manual.

Got "mines" in Indiana.  First off, the sticker:

I don't think they're giving the serial number based off when you ordered; I placed my order on the last day late in the evening (east coast) and I got number 1935.  I've seen people here mention numbers in the 2,6XX.  Looks random to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got "mines" in Indiana. First off, the sticker:

I don't think they're giving the serial number based off when you ordered; I placed my order on the last day late in the evening (east coast) and I got number 1935. I've seen people here mention numbers in the 2,6XX. Looks random to me.

Got the same sticker as you. I ordered rather early though and was around 360 something.

huh got my two copies the other day. Had a sticker on the box outside, a class of heroes 2 sticker though not the skull i see a page or so back. I cant really read my serial numbers very well. I think one is #175 or something but the other is almot illegible. Looks like its kinda rubbed off coupled with how shiny it is

Gaijin Works is having another poll for physical copies of PSP games if anyone wants to make a new thread.  I'll let others argue where it should be posted.

Poll through the end of May for physical copies of the following games:

Class of Heroes 3

Summon Night 5

http://www.gaijinworks.com/

Gaijin Works is having another poll for physical copies of PSP games if anyone wants to make a new thread. I'll let others argue where it should be posted.

Poll through the end of May for physical copies of the following games:

Class of Heroes 3

Summon Night 5

http://www.gaijinworks.com/
Thanks! BTW it looks like the poll is going up at the end of May instead of being through the end of May.

I got Class of Heroes 2G but I can't bring myself to open it. I'd bite on these too, especially with the PSN download included.

Summon Night 5 sucks, by the way. Easily the worst game in the series.
It's easily still better than the class of heroes 1. I love dungeon crawlers, but class of heroes is unplayable. Was CoH2 any better? At least Summon Night is SRPG which is something different than CoH.

I still haven't opened my copy of 2G yet... But I will totally sign that petition, even if I don't get Summon Night 5.

I thought they stopped producing PSP games? 

And at this point, I'd rather they just bundle both on to one PS3 disc... and then maybe just include vouchers to download PSP copies. Don't care if they update the graphics or not. 

I thought they stopped producing PSP games?

And at this point, I'd rather they just bundle both on to one PS3 disc... and then maybe just include vouchers to download PSP copies. Don't care if they update the graphics or not.
Yeah, kinda confused that they are not doing this for PSVita instead.

Yeah, kinda confused that they are not doing this for PSVita instead.
They're translating PSP games that came out in Japan in 2010 and 2013. Probably easier to do that than to make a port of each game to the Vita. The digital versions are compatible with the Vita.

Yeah, but you would have to open it to get the download code. :whistle2:x
No sir, that will not be the case. The digital code will be sent out via email to those who purchase a physical copy. This is how it was done with the COH2 PSP physical + digital release, so fear not as you will not need to open your physical copy to play the digital edition. I just hope they get the 6,000 required reservations to proceed with the physical release. I've signed up for two.

No way will they get to 6000 reservations. They did not get those kind of numbers with the two CoH games. Vic is trolling at this point.

No sir, that will not be the case. The digital code will be sent out via email to those who purchase a physical copy. This is how it was done with the COH2 PSP physical + digital release, so fear not as you will not need to open your physical copy to play the digital edition. I just hope they get the 6,000 required reservations to proceed with the physical release. I've signed up for two.
Didn't they stick the code inside the case for CoH2G? I know it's a different system/release and all, but I wasn't happy with how they did that... and the way they printed the serial number on the outside sticker... mine was worn off so I have no idea what number I got.

No way will they get to 6000 reservations. They did not get those kind of numbers with the two CoH games. Vic is trolling at this point.
Yeah, I don't think they'll hit that either... but that's likely his plan. They won't hit the goal but will still offer a more limited physical release... at a higher price.

Looks like they changed shipping; only ships to address listed on Amazon.  I can't remember how it went with Class of Heroes 3G, but I believe I paid via Paypal and had it shipped to work because of my shady neighbors.  This may keep me out of it.

Also, everyone went nuts trying to get early serial numbers but I got higher than some here when ordering on the last day available.

A new thread may help this get noticed.  Many will think this is just a dead thread getting bumped.

bread's done
Back