Class of Heroes 2G PS3 "Possible" Physical Release

buffbov

CAGiversary!
Class of Heroes 2G for PS3 will be coming to PSN soon, and "possibly" also as a limited edition physical copy if enough people sign up.

This news was originally posted here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/219423-japanese-niche-games-deals-thread-atlus-nisa-aksys-xseed-and-more/page-317#entry11622437

I felt this info deserved its own thread for several reasons: 1.) To generate awareness for this game, because the physical release will only happen if enough people sign up to buy a minimum of 7,000 copies; 2.) I started a thread similar to this for the physical PSP release (which may not have happened at all without the awareness generated here on CAG), and while many argued my thread wasn't a deal and didn't belong in the deals section, the mods ultimately left the thread in the deals section. You may believe what you like, but I feel pretty confident that obtaining a one-run limited edition PS3 game, that is not sold in stores, for $40 + shipping is certainly a deal; and 3.) I want to see this game become reality in physical form, so please sign up if you are serious about purchasing a copy.

People who are interested in signing up for this unique and rare game may do so here: http://www.gaijinworks.com

Here is another link with useful information about this possible one-time deal: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787124&highlight=class+of+heroes+2g

The PSP physical edition is a gem in my collection, and I certainly hope my fellow CAGers can generate enough interest to make this "possible" deal a reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
I placed an order but am pretty salty that they didn't just do this in the first place. 

I was thinking about dumping my PSP copy to fund this but looks like it's not going for all that much. Had I known they were gonna do this, I would have just avoided the PSP version... double dipping I guess. Hopefully this isn't the shit quality the PSP copy was (not to mention them using PS3 screens for all the media, even though they were selling the PSP version). 

They're trying to. If you got hit with the glitch, PM Vic through the Gaijinworks forums and he will take the dummy order number and use it to determine where you fell in the overall line.
Dude we all know the low numbers go straight into the cache that Vic will sell on his eBay account in 3-5 years.

I placed an order but am pretty salty that they didn't just do this in the first place.

I was thinking about dumping my PSP copy to fund this but looks like it's not going for all that much. Had I known they were gonna do this, I would have just avoided the PSP version... double dipping I guess. Hopefully this isn't the shit quality the PSP copy was (not to mention them using PS3 screens for all the media, even though they were selling the PSP version).

I'm not funding this guys projects anymore.

Waiting for the defense team to roll out the production delay excuses

IIRC, they did say on their website that they were planning to do CoH2G and CoH3 before preorders on CoH2 PSP closed. I remember debating in my mind about just waiting for 2G before I ended up pulling the trigger on the PSP version.

I debated with myself over and over on this, and finally came to the decision that the asking price is far too much for a mediocre game that I've already purchased once.  I'll be happy with my PSP/digital copy.  Watching that gameplay video they posted, this low-budget game comes across as extra sad running in HD.

what glitch?

FINAL NOTE:IF YOU ORDERED BETWEEN 12:00 and 12:30PM PST ON 6.23.14 CHECK YOUR EMAIL RECEIPT FOR THE TERM "Amazon Sandbox". DUE TO A GLITCH, INITIAL ORDERS DURING THAT 30 MINUTE WINDOW WERE ROUTED TO A TEST BIN AND ARE NOT REAL - THEY WILL HAVE TO BE RE-PLACED. SANDBOX ORDERS WILL NOT ACTUALLY CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD. YOU CAN CANCEL YOUR SANDBOX ORDER IF YOU WANT TO, BUT SINCE THEY'RE NOT REAL, THEY WILL DROP OFF AUTOMATICALLY IN A FEW WEEKS.

Did anyone else get a shipping notice? I didn't see any code or anything with it...
There should have been a 2nd email from Gaijinworks, not just Amazon, that comes with a digital reservation code. Still a 6-8 week wait for the games to get printed/etc, I don't think Sony approved it yet.

I placed my order Sunday and I still haven't received my digital reservation code.  How long after your order did you receive your reservation code?

Mine took 5 days to show up (ordered 7/11, received 7/16.) The amazon payments "shipping" email came at the same time, but in case it wasn't obvious, it's not an actual shipping notice.

Shipping soon it seems, I got this email:

The truck is almost here with our Class of Heroes 2G freight on it.
We're sending out this email to let you know that orders will begin
shipping late next week, and also to give you a chance to double-check
to make sure your address information is correct for
Order#(my order number).  If it is NOT (and only if it is not), email
[email protected] immediately and let us know what the
problem is so we can correct it before it's too late.

Your copy of Class of Heroes 2G for the PlayStaiton 3 will be shipped to
this address:

(my address)

If you ordered more than one copy, you'll receive an email like this
containing the shipment announcement and address on file for EACH order.
For those that made multiple orders, they may or may not be shipped
together.  We're trying to work out the logistics of multiples right now.

Please check our main page at http://www.gaijinworks.com and our fan
forums at http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact for more information or to
just geek out with other like-minded fans.

Thanks again for your support of this effort!  You're helping to change
gaming for the better by showing these kinds of projects will be
supported by fans!

Victor Ireland
Gaijinworks

and

John Greiner
MonkeyPaw Games

Thought I had it shipped to work, apparently not.  Glad I can fix this since I don't trust my neighbors.

VGP? I'm not sure who that is, but Vic has stated that this was going to be for people who pre-ordered only since there wasn't enough people who pledged early on to just do a normal physical release. They only made what was preordered. Everyone else would be digital.

Wonder if they will have a few spares to cover lost or damaged orders? 

Also these are supposed to be serial numbered, right?  I knew I wouldn't get one of the first few so I ordered on the last day.  I'll post my number when I receive it to give an idea of the amount produced.

There's no way they're going to produce exactly the number of copies people order. Odds are, they'll use a rounded number... like in the hundreds.

I'm sure they'll have spare copies for lost/damaged shipments but I doubt they would sell them directly. But lets not forget that Vic was selling his spare copies of WD games long after WD went bankrupt. 

VGP? I'm not sure who that is, but Vic has stated that this was going to be for people who pre-ordered only since there wasn't enough people who pledged early on to just do a normal physical release. They only made what was preordered. Everyone else would be digital.
videogamesplus.ca <- Listing for the physical version, but I'm doubtful any pre orders will be fulfilled at this point.

I missed the PS3 pre-order from MonkeyPaw.  Have any of you guys actually had success checking out on the pre-order at Video Games Plus?  Every time I click on the "pre-order" button it just reloads the product page.

Somewhat interestingly, Class of Heroes 2G is appearing as a banner on their main page and they also have a listing for the PSP physical copies (although those are sold out), which makes me think orders from them might be legit.

EDIT - Nevermind... the page was just reloading with no notification of an item being added to the shopping cart, but it was actually adding them to the cart.  I checked out for one, we'll see what happens.  I'm cautiously optimistic.

I missed the PS3 pre-order from MonkeyPaw. Have any of you guys actually had success checking out on the pre-order at Video Games Plus? Every time I click on the "pre-order" button it just reloads the product page.

Somewhat interestingly, Class of Heroes 2G is appearing as a banner on their main page and they also have a listing for the PSP physical copies (although those are sold out), which makes me think orders from them might be legit.

EDIT - Nevermind... the page was just reloading with no notification of an item being added to the shopping cart, but it was actually adding them to the cart. I checked out for one, we'll see what happens. I'm cautiously optimistic.
They did a deal with Vic on the PSP game and this game where they bought a chunk of copies for resale at just slightly above MSRP. I know they delivered the PSP game to people that preordered, although I don't think they had a ton of copies and I doubt this one will be in stock for much longer either.

Ugh I want one .  Signed up to be emailed about it months ago.... missed the boat (just like the PSP version)...  Guess I'll try ebay in a couple months

Have these shipped yet?? I ordered on July 11 and haven't gotten anything yet?? Did rhey release the original pre-order batch already??

I got the email saying they were shipping late next week (which is now last week) and asking to confirm my address. No actual shipping confirmation on my copy though.

I got the email saying they were shipping late next week (which is now last week) and asking to confirm my address. No actual shipping confirmation on my copy though.
I fucking hate when stores/places do that. I live in an apartment with a parcel room and a lazy postal carrier, if you can't provide evidence that a package was left there, then they give you the "we don't have anything" runaround.:bomb:

Got mine today and there is already 1 for 99.99 on ebay haha.
This makes me laugh. Follow along. The company should sell a few to get them in the wild not many then just close off sales. Get a person or family member to sell the rest of stock on EBAY for 99+ until stock is gone.. easy money for suckers that will buy it on ebay for any price. The company now is making 2x the amount.

Got mine today and there is already 1 for 99.99 on ebay haha.
This makes me laugh. Follow along. The company should sell a few to get them in the wild not many then just close off sales. Get a person or family member to sell the rest of stock on EBAY for 99+ until stock is gone.. easy money for suckers that will buy it on ebay for any price. The company now is making 2x the amount.

Tempted to buy this. Is it any good?
The first one wasn't. Don't know about the second.

In the first one, pretty much all boss fights were "beat in one turn or your party wipes." So there's no such thing as strategy when you have 600 hp and the boss does 9000 dmg a hit. I don't know if the second one fixes that. Outside of bosses, it was mediocre.

Where is the number located? Is it on the outer slip cover or simply a piece of paper inside the case?

I requested an address change, hopefully it doesn't get lost.
I was assuming it was on the licensing hologram. I would be wrong if yours is the same =)

bread's done
Back