Cloverfield Movie Thread - DVD Out on April 22nd

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/comicconnews.php?id=888

Comic-Con '07: 1-18-08

Source: Ryan Rotten
July 26, 2007

J.J. Abrams spoke to an enthusiastic crowd at the San Diego Comic-Con this afternoon about 1-18-08http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/films.php?id=701. His stay on stage was brief, but here's what Abrams says...

- He's not revealing the title just yet. We've still got to wait...patiently.

- "I want a monster movie," says Abrams. He said he's wanted to do one for a long time and was inspired by a recent trip to Japan with his son. He wants something "insane" and it's almost done shooting.

- He thinks America should have their own monster and the dailies are looking great.

NOT Monstrous!

JJ Abrams gave a quick speech after the "Cloverfield" trailer was played at Comic-Con:

“I want a monster movie, I've wanted one for so long. I was in Japan with my son and all he wanted to do is go to toy stores. And we saw all these Godzilla toys, and I thought, we need our own monster, and not King Kong, King Kong's adorable. I wanted something that was just insane and intense. It's almost done shooting and I watch dailies and I'm more excited for them than the trailer, which has had an overwhelming response. We have 6 months before this comes out. We're going to have a whole bunch of things, a whole bunch more." He said a full trailer, more clips, full posters, and much more will be coming out over the next 6 months, including the name, which he will NOT reveal today.

You think we'd call it Monstrous? No…"

Posted by Dennis at Cloverfieldclue.blogspot.com

[quote name='becuzimbrown']" He said a full trailer, more clips, full posters, and much more will be coming out over the next 6 months[/quote]

Bad. I don't want any more information. They've already got my $8.50.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Bad. I don't want any more information. They've already got my $8.50.[/quote]

Yeah, I've got to agree...the surprise and suspense is what we're junkies for, especially when it comes to this.

That's why I was disappointed with The Host. It just wasn't intense enough for me. That's what I'm dying for, a really good and intense edge of your seat scarefest. Not gore, but intense psychological thrilling and sheer horror. I guess I've just been desensitized.

There were great parts, particularly the early monster parts that were intense, but it just didn't blow me away and had too much filler with lousy acting.

Sorry, dude who said it was fantastic. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much, me, not so much.

Definitely worth a rental for the genre, but not a keeper IMHO.

JJ abrams is a joke theres to much tallent out there to be giving movie greenlights to tv level actors and directors.

Whats next for jj? possibly survivor the movie staring half the cast of heros and half the cast of lost oh my amazing!

After the casting of spock who shall he concider for captain perhaps the big smile guy from the erectile disfuncion commertials? sounds like a winner!

[quote name='Skelah']theres to much tallent out there to be giving movie greenlights to tv level actors and directors.[/QUOTE]
Oh, come on dude! That's a ridiculous thing to say. Some great directors got their footing working in TV. Steven Spielberg, for instance, and of course, many animation directors.

This is part of what JJ Abrams said at Comic-Con:

"We have something for you, which is that we have these posters that are made that are really cool. A series of four posters that everyones is going to get, and I hope you like those too."

Anybody see these Four Posters yet?

[quote name='becuzimbrown']This is part of what JJ Abrams said at Comic-Con:

"We have something for you, which is that we have these posters that are made that are really cool. A series of four posters that everyones is going to get, and I hope you like those too."

Anybody see these Four Posters yet?[/QUOTE]

The next two posters are "Barbarous" and "Ferocious" the final poster will be the title of the film.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33457

^ It's weird because after that EW article it seems that someone just photoshopped the "Monstrous" onto the original poster. Either that or Abrams didn't want EW to have the full scoop and decided to hold off before releasing a "fuller" poster with these adjectives on them. Interesting...

New poster
furious.jpg

The Bad Robot logo is on the bottom left hand corner of the poster (production company owned by JJ Abrams)

So its Monstrous, Furious, Ferocious, and Barbarous? Isn't one of them supposed to be the Movie Title?

We know its not Monstrous....

[quote name='Skelah']JJ abrams is a joke theres to much tallent out there to be giving movie greenlights to tv level actors and directors.

Whats next for jj? possibly survivor the movie staring half the cast of heros and half the cast of lost oh my amazing!

After the casting of spock who shall he concider for captain perhaps the big smile guy from the erectile disfuncion commertials? sounds like a winner![/quote]

You can't be serious. I'd much rather see what he can come up with, than half the assholes working on films now. Even at its worst, Lost is better than most feature film productions. He and his crew have great talent and ideas, and although the rumors of the plot to this one are sounding WAY too similar to Godzilla (never mind the Host), I will love to see his twist and take ont he genre.

Hell, look at how great of a sales pitch he's given us for it already...the way it should be.

Syler as young Spock is a great call. Who would you have? CGI Leonard Nimoy footage from the original show?

[quote name='deadite76']The next two posters are "Barbarous" and "Ferocious" the final poster will be the title of the film.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33457[/quote]

I copied that over here...of course they gave away the title of the movie, if they're correct.

Hey folks, Harry here.... I'm on the 101 north of San Francisco headed for Eureka, Ca to settle in tonight - and while driving, I had a bit of a Eureka moment with a spy revealing that the below MONSTROUS poster is the first of 3 teaser posters that will lead to the TITLE reveal poster. First we'll have "MONSTROUS" - next we will have "BARBAROUS" - then we will have "FEROCIOUS" - To me - these phrases are not even spoilers - but if you're like me - if MONSTROUS is a headless Statue of Liberty - what images go with BARBAROUS and FEROCIOUS? -- The title? Well, I don't want to spoil it, so you should go ask, Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin!

HAHAHA what a toughy!!!:roll:
So it's going to be called Colossus...hmmm, has JJ played Shadow of the Colossus?!?

[quote name='becuzimbrown']New poster

The Bad Robot logo is on the bottom left hand corner of the poster (production company owned by JJ Abrams)

So its Monstrous, Furious, Ferocious, and Barbarous? Isn't one of them supposed to be the Movie Title?

We know its not Monstrous....[/quote]

For the title, check out the blatant clue from AIC -
"ask Piotr Nikolavich Rasputin" aka Colossus of the X-Men

Where did you get Furious from? AIC said Monstrous, Ferocious, and Barbarous only, along with the clue to the title, on the 4th poster, above.

[quote name='karkyco']NO!!!! Image failure! Help!

As for the title, check out the blatant clue from AIC -
"ask Piotr Nikolavich Rasputin" aka Colossus of the X-Men

Where did you get Furious from? AIC said Monstrous, Ferocious, and Barbarous only, along with the clue to the title, on the 4th poster, above.[/quote]

cloverfieldclues.blogspot.com

The "terrifying" poster is also listed on ebay

[quote name='becuzimbrown']cloverfieldclues.blogspot.com

The "terrifying" poster is also listed on ebay[/quote]

Cool...so maybe there are more than 4 posters? Monstrous, Terrifying, Ferocious, Furious, Barbarous...and of course, from the spoiler
Colossus
as the title?

In any case, can't wait for the film.

New Photo on the site!

The Photos on the Site also flow differently than they did before, so check it out

Also: Dennis at cloverfieldclues.blogspot.com found 2 HIDDEN MESSAGES behind 2 of the photos on the site! not sure how he flipped the photos, but here they are:

EDIT: I JUST FLIPPED THEM ON THE SITE!!!! grab one of the corners of the photos and move shake your mouse horizontally

you know he screams its big its a lion and some people say its about ancients
if so this is a part lion part goat creature that it could be it is called the chimera
and also it breathes fire it was dark so maybe the guy did not see the other half and the thing has wings so think maybe that might be it im a fan of mythology and i know that is from ancient times reply your comments

p.s look up chimera

in the preview it says its big but how do you know its alive its a good prediction but i also know youve have heard that the movie could have to do with aliens or squids i heard ancients plus on the site in that picture that thing looks like alien so you could be right i dont think its a spider bug cause it blows fire i think it could also be a dragon but it looks like an alien what are your thoughts of what it could be.

you dont have to reply if you dont want to.

a i also just looked a the trailer and the part where the fire blew up and then just the smoke next to the towers if you look right in the smoke before the head goes in the air you can see a arm and claw throwing it look again

[quote name='diedemon9']how do you freeze a movie and copy that freezed pic so i can save it[/QUOTE]

just take a pic of your screen should be a "print screen" key on your keyboard somewhere. Then just go into paint then upload it to imageshack or somewhere.

[quote name='diedemon9']in the preview it says its big but how do you know its alive its a good prediction but i also know youve have heard that the movie could have to do with aliens or squids i heard ancients plus on the site in that picture that thing looks like alien so you could be right i dont think its a spider bug cause it blows fire i think it could also be a dragon but it looks like an alien what are your thoughts of what it could be.

you dont have to reply if you dont want to.[/quote]

Do you know what a fucking comma is?

How about a period?

[quote name='dastly75']^Yeah that looks fake.[/quote]

I think the size scale is messed up. But the monster will probably be the slusho robots... notice that you can combine just 2 of them if you want, or not at all

Besides the movie company is called bad robot... a robot gone bad?

well from what I have read, the producers are planning more trailers and other shit leading up to the movie... well that just kills the suspense and mystery leading up to the release of the movie.

The second page of that thing starts talking about how Cloverfield has to do with the movie. In reality Cloverfield is just the name of a street near their studio that they're using as the codename for the project. That should be enough to dismiss this as fake.

If I had to predict what the film was about, based on the trailer (and Abrams past writing), I'd guess that the "monster" is the wrath of God.

The Statue of Liberty got her head hacked off, because she's a false idol.

(Fun idea, but I doubt in my own theory.)

Man I saw this preview when I caught Transformers and it has me hooked. I hope the untitled movie will be something good.

[quote name='Brak']If I had to predict what the film was about, based on the trailer (and Abrams past writing), I'd guess that the "monster" is the wrath of God.

(Fun idea, but I doubt in my own theory.)[/QUOTE]

that's too deep for the retarded Jerry Bruckheimer loving american audience.

[quote name='Brak']If I had to predict what the film was about, based on the trailer (and Abrams past writing), I'd guess that the "monster" is the wrath of God.

(Fun idea, but I doubt in my own theory.)[/QUOTE]
I know that you're just making idle, fun speculation, but to the people who really think that it's an apocalypse/"wrath of God" movie, what basically proves, to me, that there's no way that's what the movie is about, is the "monstrous" poster. I'm an atheist, myself, but I think I can venture a guess that calling an action of God "monstrous" would more than likely be something they wouldn't do in the advertising, for fear of upsetting people.

Besides, the wake in the water in the poster makes it quite obvious it's some sort of genuine monster-type creature, come up out of the sea, rather than some sort of metaphorical thing.

bread's done
Back