Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally decided to redeem that Fluidity code on my Wii since I'm actually turning the thing on again to play through Super Mario Galaxy 2 (for the first time).

The damn thing won't download - I keep getting error after error. The first time I had to disable some firewall settings on my router and that got me to the download screen. I really hate that to get Nintendo stuff to work you have to dumb down your wireless security. And now I'm getting a different error halfway (or thereabouts) while trying to download it. It pretty much makes Wii Shop stuff useless.

To contrast I have no problem downloading stuff on my 3DS.

[quote name='uncle5555']Then you must have been one of the lucky ones that never had the "fortune" of playing classics like Urban Champ, Trojan or Wrecking Crew.... :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Wrecking Crew is awesome.

[quote name='uncle5555']Then you must have been one of the lucky ones that never had the "fortune" of playing classics like Urban Champ, Trojan or Wrecking Crew.... :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]I did play the Wolverine game which was craptacular.

You actually LOST health when you pulled out your claws.........

W-T-F :hot:

[quote name='maigoyume']I did play the Wolverine game which was craptacular.

W-T-F :hot:[/QUOTE]
Wolverine on SNES was pretty sweet though.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Wrecking Crew is awesome.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhMX2YXyOuE&feature=related

Everybody's got an opinion I guess...but then again I don't like Ice Climbers that much either.

You won't get much love out of me for many of the 1st gen Nintendo-born properties from the 1985-1986 era, there is a lot of crap in there with classics like Zelda and SMB. But wrecking crew is kinda a one trick pony, even the sequel was better (Wrecking Crew '98) kinda, but even that could be better.

[quote name='maigoyume']I did play the Wolverine game which was craptacular.

W-T-F :hot:[/QUOTE]

Me too, and even though the game was kinda whack, it was nice to play strategically and I always made sure to save the claw poppin' until Sabretooth was close to the edge before you knocked him off, just for fun, bub. ;) The coolest thing about that game though was the cool Jim Lee poster that came with the game. So it had something going for it. Heh. At least it was better than Silver Surfer. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a deadline or anything for the codes Club Nintendo gives when you use coins to buy downloadable games? I forgot to redeem my Super Mario Kart code for Wii and if it's expired or no longer valid, then I don't want to bother setting up my router config to work with the Wii again.

[quote name='uncle5555']At least it was better than Silver Surfer. lol[/QUOTE]Oh god................the repressed memories are returning, can you ACTUALLY beat that game?

I got my Mario mystery box in the mail today. Got a Mario poster set, Red Terrycloth towel, and the messenger bag. Not bad considering it cost me only 300 coins and I got 1300 worth of coins stuff.

[quote name='blueweltall']I got my Mario mystery box in the mail today. Got a Mario poster set, Red Terrycloth towel, and the messenger bag. Not bad considering it cost me only 300 coins and I got 1300 worth of coins stuff.[/QUOTE]

Towel. Nailed it.

[quote name='blueweltall']I got my Mario mystery box in the mail today. Got a Mario poster set, Red Terrycloth towel, and the messenger bag. Not bad considering it cost me only 300 coins and I got 1300 worth of coins stuff.[/QUOTE]

Wow, nice haul in it.

Was every Mario Mystery Box the same?

[quote name='KingBroly']Luigi Mystery Box here
- White Wii Remote Holder
- Pen Case

You suck, Luigi[/QUOTE]

That Luigi package was just one giant dick-in-a-box joke?

[quote name='maigoyume']Oh god................the repressed memories are returning, can you ACTUALLY beat that game?[/QUOTE]

No, never claimed that, heh, I played it for 5 min and had the same "enjoyable" :drool: experience everyone who played it had, that it sucked. :lol:

I did look up the launch game list (sort by year) since we were talking about Urban Champ, and just looking it over, other than 1 or 2 games, Nintendo relied on their simple genre games and Arcade ports until the good stuff started to come out in late '86 and onwards. Just from the list it looks like the system really didn't start hitting its stride until around 1987, when Zelda came out. Looking back I'm surprised that it succeeded with those kind of titles supporting it, I guess if Atari hadn't screwed up so back things would be different today, right time, right place I guess. (and some good talent helped too)

Makes more sense to me now why I wasn't interested in it until 1988-89 when I finally bought mine from some kid at school.

Anyway more back on topic....Nice to hear what was in the mystery boxes, I was curious to what they were giving away, being NOA, didn't think it was going to be something really good or that wasn't available before. Poor Luigi box, guy can't cut a break can he. :lol:

Guess it goes to show you to always bet on Mario when it comes to Nintendo. Pretty lopsided in points value. Yoshi barely squeaked over 500. Curious how random each pack will be though.

[quote name='randomdud']Is there a deadline or anything for the codes Club Nintendo gives when you use coins to buy downloadable games? I forgot to redeem my Super Mario Kart code for Wii and if it's expired or no longer valid, then I don't want to bother setting up my router config to work with the Wii again.[/QUOTE]

Does no one know? I did some google searching, but I didn't find anything concrete within the first hour, so I gave up. :whistle2:#

[quote name='uncle5555']No, never claimed that, heh, I played it for 5 min and had the same "enjoyable" :drool: experience everyone who played it had, that it sucked. :lol:

I did look up the launch game list (sort by year) since we were talking about Urban Champ, and just looking it over, other than 1 or 2 games, Nintendo relied on their simple genre games and Arcade ports until the good stuff started to come out in late '86 and onwards. Just from the list it looks like the system really didn't start hitting its stride until around 1987, when Zelda came out. Looking back I'm surprised that it succeeded with those kind of titles supporting it, I guess if Atari hadn't screwed up so back things would be different today, right time, right place I guess. (and some good talent helped too)

Makes more sense to me now why I wasn't interested in it until 1988-89 when I finally bought mine from some kid at school.

Anyway more back on topic....Nice to hear what was in the mystery boxes, I was curious to what they were giving away, being NOA, didn't think it was going to be something really good or that wasn't available before. Poor Luigi box, guy can't cut a break can he. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Metroid on of those Nintendo launch games? - Edit - NM it can out later in 1986.

[quote name='uncle5555']Everybody's got an opinion I guess...but then again I don't like Ice Climbers that much either.

You won't get much love out of me for many of the 1st gen Nintendo-born properties from the 1985-1986 era, there is a lot of crap in there with classics like Zelda and SMB. But wrecking crew is kinda a one trick pony, even the sequel was better (Wrecking Crew '98) kinda, but even that could be better.[/QUOTE]

*shrug*

What can I say? Sure it's rough around the edges but I still love Wrecking Crew. It's a bona fide classic in Japan. Wreckin Crew is responsible for several of the Mario/Luigi palette swaps in Brawl, Kog Shirts, made it to the Famicom minis lineup, always gets a nod in Famicom merch runs, etc. Opinions, opinions :)

Uh, is that simply a restock on something or actually returning a reward that has been removed like the pins or the previous 8-bit mario themed DS-cart case?

[quote name='sp00ge']I'd guess that it's the DS case, since it sold out faster than anything I can recall, making it an obvious favorite.[/QUOTE]

The reversible pouches sold very fast too and the red one is currently not listed in the store so I'm thinking that.

The DS game card case is listed at the bottom of the rewards page as currently unavailable and will be available again shortly, so I would guess it would be that.

[quote name='sasukekun']How is the messenger bag? Trying to figure out what to spend my points (770) on before they expire.[/QUOTE]
I don't have one, but I've heard bad things about them. Mostly that they seem cheaply made.

I got some of the reversible pouches and I like them a lot. Also the poster sets are cool if you don't have them yet.

[quote name='scottman']The DS game card case is listed at the bottom of the rewards page as currently unavailable and will be available again shortly, so I would guess it would be that.[/QUOTE]Its been unavailable from the get-go, think it sold out within the first 2-3 days. Luckily I managed to snag one. Also there isn't a listing for the Luigi pouch anymore.

[quote name='sasukekun']How is the messenger bag? Trying to figure out what to spend my points (770) on before they expire.[/QUOTE]
For 550 coins it's ok. It is more of a tote than a messenger bag as the strap is way too short. The only thing to keep it closed is a small patch of velcro. No zippers or inner pockets. It would be good for transporting a Wii to a friends house. I use mine to store some swag at home.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm surprised there is so much interest in the 3DS case since so many of us are collectors and don't have loose carts.[/QUOTE]

It's great for traveling... that's why I picked up one.

I use mine for keeping the games separate from their individual cases, that way I can leave my display alone and conveniently have access to all my games.

[quote name='kvadair']Has anyone been able to test whether surveys now expire within the year?

I have a post play survey for Days of ruin that has an expiration date of 1/21 that before the redesign was not set to expire this year. I'm tempted to skip it and see if it is still around on 1/22 in order to determine if there are still years attached to expiration dates even if we can't see them. If someone has already done this I'd like to save the coins however.

For what it's worth the new FAQ reads as follows:
"NOTE: Some of the original product registration surveys had a much longer expiration; however, we find it most valuable to receive your feedback right away. Don't take the chance that your expiration year is in the future. To ensure that you receive your Coins, complete your survey(s) now, before they expire."

The words "had" and "chance" make it look like the period may have been shortened, but not necessarily to less than a year.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xycury']This too I would like to know…[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Strell']I'm seeing expire dates under the surveys now. Has that been there before? Yes? No?[/QUOTE]

Sorry to rehash old news, but I want to vent! Doing my part to make sure I read history before posting, figured these post warranted quotes.

I just got off the phone with Nintendo because I noticed 3 of my post play surveys I had been saving to use next calendar year (since I am already Platinum) had expired. I'm sure you've all confirmed this already, but I am just now since all my surveys lasted till now. Over the phone the rep told me the expiration deadline was 120 days for post-play surveys and something like 7 days for pre-play surveys.

I just wanted to vent my frustration, so sorry for bringing this back up (I'll at least be good and hide it!)...
BUT WHAT THE fuckING HELL!! This only makes getting platinum each year that much more difficult!!! I was pissed enough the first year when I went 150 points over thinking it would just cycle over to my rank the next year. Hell, I'm gonna end up going over enough to have earned platinum for a whole year! This pisses me off so much! I used to actually spend my time giving them legit feedback; but now there is no point. If they wanna pull this bull shit I'm just gonna do what the average person does and just click check/radio boxes till I get my coins! Well I guess I'm just gonna go back to hoarding my codes and refraining from buying anything whenever I reach platinum in a given year. Good job Nintendo!

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Sorry to rehash old news, but I want to vent! Doing my part to make sure I read history before posting, figured these post warranted quotes.

I just got off the phone with Nintendo because I noticed 3 of my post play surveys I had been saving to use next calendar year (since I am already Platinum) had expired. I'm sure you've all confirmed this already, but I am just now since all my surveys lasted till now. Over the phone the rep told me the expiration deadline was 120 days for post-play surveys and something like 7 days for pre-play surveys.

I just wanted to vent my frustration, so sorry for bringing this back up (I'll at least be good and hide it!)...
BUT WHAT THE fuckING HELL!! This only makes getting platinum each year that much more difficult!!! I was pissed enough the first year when I went 150 points over thinking it would just cycle over to my rank the next year. Hell, I'm gonna end up going over enough to have earned platinum for a whole year! This pisses me off so much! I used to actually spend my time giving them legit feedback; but now there is no point. If they wanna pull this bull shit I'm just gonna do what the average person does and just click check/radio boxes till I get my coins! Well I guess I'm just gonna go back to hoarding my codes and refraining from buying anything whenever I reach platinum in a given year. Good job Nintendo!
[/QUOTE]

You can buy things, just don't link the pin to your account until you're ready.

I'm holding off until the end of June to start putting Surveys again. I hope the 3DS Game Case stays available until then.

[quote name='mickeyp']I just made platinum status! So I should wait now before entering any more codes right and save it for next year?[/QUOTE]

That's what I am doing.. I have 72 surveys pending (I am trying to guesstimate when each espires so I can maximize it...)- but I also have around 15 codes to still enter. I made a list of things that I need to enter still. I want to try to pace it so I am platinum every year...

[quote name='flameofdoom666']The 4th downloadable title for 200 coins, Eco Shooter: Plant 530 isn't in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Edit it in then, it's a wiki, and I'm sort of busy.

[quote name='KingBroly']Edit it in then, it's a wiki, and I'm sort of busy.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize it was a wiki... sorry!

Thanks Strell!

More stuff posted on Club Nintendo's Facebook page. Would have known this earlier if I used Facebook... anyways here's a link.

Apparently there's a vote for what rewards we'd like to see for mystery boxes, and there's supposedly confirmation on what was in all of them, but I don't see it there at all. According to the facebook page, there were some packages with a special never announced reward as well.

Neogaf says this though
1 Mario box : Mario Poster set, red towel, messenger bag

1 Luigi box: White Wii remote holder, Pen case

2 Yoshi boxes: BOTH had Blue pouch & Shoelaces

1 Goomba: Peach notebook, red pouch

1 Toad: Folder/Bookmark set, tote bag

1 Peach Box: Game & Watch Ball, Mario Hat DS case, Animal Crossing playing cards.
It matches up with what was posted here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back