Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I got the Luigi one, so I guess I should get Mario, too.

I also just noticed that the Zelda 25th Anniversary posters disappeared, for I'm assuming the final time.

Does know a way to get club nintendo points? I just found out about it today and redeemed a bunch of games, and did a survey. Im at 290 points, and I see that I can get a special gift if I hit 300. So is there anyway to get 10 points?

Edit: I have a 160 xbox MSP code Im willing to trade for a code worth at least 10 points, please PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Artrigis']Does know a way to get club nintendo points? I just found out about it today and redeemed a bunch of games, and did a survey. Im at 290 points, and I see that I can get a special gift if I hit 300. So is there anyway to get 10 points?

Edit: I have a 160 xbox MSP code Im willing to trade for a code worth at least 10 points, please PM me.[/QUOTE]

If you can hook up your Wii or 3DS to the Internet and register it to your Club Nintendo account, there might still be one of those free apps you could download and take a survey on for 10 points.

Also, you should have "post-play" surveys to do in a week after registering a game. All of which will give you 10 points a pop. So you're in the clear for gold. And you have enough time to aim for Platinum too.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']My Club Nintendo 3DS game card case arrived! Now I can easily lose all of my games simultaneously! :D http://pic.twitter.com/lUk2Q4CO

Did everybody get the same "thank you" flyer? I got Luigi.[/QUOTE]

Mine had all the characters on it, like Mario, Luigi, Toad, Peach, DK, Wario, etc.

Or at least the one I opened did. I ordered 2, but haven't ripped open the second package yet.

I got my case in the mail as well, instantly put in the Zelda slip cover, it's really nice lol. Also, for the thank you card I got Toad :p

Hey guys. I'm looking to get some info into the expiration years of post play surveys. I just recently noticed that the order of my post play surveys in my “For You (To Dos)” list is not the same as it was at the beginning of the year, around the time they removed the expiration year. They are now (for the most part) in order with respect to the games' release dates. This leads me to believe that the surveys are now (for the most part) in order of their expiration dates as well. I’m just wondering if anybody has any of the following surveys still available to be completed or maybe even surveys for any other games released Jan. – Jun. 2008 but registered before the whole 120 days until expiration deal:

:ds: Advance Wars: Days of Ruin 21-Jan-08
:ds: Professor Layton and the Curious Village 10-Feb-08
:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl 09-Mar-08
:wii: Mario Kart Wii 27-Apr-08

Any info for surveys with the same criteria for Jan. – Jun. 2009 released games would be great. My first 2009 game approaching is Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (24-Aug-09). I can also tell you that dates for two of my surveys have come and gone, yet the surveys are still available. I assume 2010 released games are safe for at least another year.

:ds: Picross 3D 03-May-10
:wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2 23-May-10

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :)

what is the cheapest game I can buy to earn 50 coins? I was looking at punch out since I don't have it yet. The selects version gets you 50 coins too right?

This will probably be my last year in platinum because I have no intention of buying a 3ds or a wii u.

I opened up my other case, still just got the group thank you. I don't think I've ever gotten any other one.

I started filling up one with my games, and I really like these. It makes me wish these were available in stores. I could use another three or so. Doc Ramon would need about 75 of these.

[quote name='phantomphoenix']Hey guys. I'm looking to get some info into the expiration years of post play surveys. I just recently noticed that the order of my post play surveys in my “For You (To Dos)” list is not the same as it was at the beginning of the year, around the time they removed the expiration year. They are now (for the most part) in order with respect to the games' release dates. This leads me to believe that the surveys are now (for the most part) in order of their expiration dates as well. I’m just wondering if anybody has any of the following surveys still available to be completed or maybe even surveys for any other games released Jan. – Jun. 2008 but registered before the whole 120 days until expiration deal:

:ds: Advance Wars: Days of Ruin 21-Jan-08
:ds: Professor Layton and the Curious Village 10-Feb-08
:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl 09-Mar-08
:wii: Mario Kart Wii 27-Apr-08

Any info for surveys with the same criteria for Jan. – Jun. 2009 released games would be great. My first 2009 game approaching is Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (24-Aug-09). I can also tell you that dates for two of my surveys have come and gone, yet the surveys are still available. I assume 2010 released games are safe for at least another year.

:ds: Picross 3D 03-May-10
:wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2 23-May-10

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :)[/QUOTE]

I have Days of Ruin with a expiration date of 1/21 and Professor Layton and the Curious Villiage with expiration of 2/10. Before CN removed expiration years I was sure that I had no surveys expiring before 2013 including the registration surveys for these two titles. I also noticed that the first five to-dos on my list are the five titles I have added in the last month (all post 120 day rule titles) and they are in order by expiration date. Also fitting the pattern the product registration to-dos from intend to buys are always added at the end of the list.

If I remember correctly all titles released prior to the 120 day rule could be registered for up to five years after release, and the product registration surveys did not expire until the end of that five year window. All of this would seem to confirm that the to-do's are sorted by expiration date and that the expiration year for older titles is five years after the release date.

[quote name='kvadair']I have Days of Ruin with a expiration date of 1/21 and Professor Layton and the Curious Villiage with expiration of 2/10. Before CN removed expiration years I was sure that I had no surveys expiring before 2013 including the registration surveys for these two titles. I also noticed that the first five to-dos on my list are the five titles I have added in the last month (all post 120 day rule titles) and they are in order by expiration date. Also fitting the pattern the product registration to-dos from intend to buys are always added at the end of the list.

If I remember correctly all titles released prior to the 120 day rule could be registered for up to five years after release, and the product registration surveys did not expire until the end of that five year window. All of this would seem to confirm that the to-do's are sorted by expiration date and that the expiration year for older titles is five years after the release date.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks! :D I remember someone suggesting that surveys expire 5 years after release date, but then I think I also read 2 or 3 or 4 years. I will pretty much take this info and the new list/order as confirmation. I do have a few oddballs though. I have Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies which I have as released 11-Jul-10, but in the list falls in line with 2009 released games. Also, in the order that they are, I have the following placed near the end of my to-do list among titles released at the end of 2010:

:ds: Mario Kart DS 14-Nov-05
:ds: Elite Beat Agents 06-Nov-06
:wii: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 19-Nov-06

So, I guess my next question is, does anybody have any surveys for Jan. – Jun. 2005/2006 released games that are still available? Now, I’m just curious. I don’t think I will take my chances come next year. Hell, there probably aren’t even many games that qualified. Here are two I can suggest that I already completed but still may be available(?):

:ds: Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! 16-Apr-06
:ds: New Super Mario Bros. DS 15-May-06

Thanks again!

Hopefully new games to download tomorrow (6/1/2012) can we get some games by Nintendo please! (F-zero X or Mario kart 64?)

*fingers crossed*

Looks like the games for June are up.

Donkey Kong (3DS) - 100 coins
Kirby Superstar (Wii) - 150 coins
Brain Age Express: Sudoku (3DS) - 150 coins
Maboshi's Arcade (Wii) - 150 coins

I'll be grabbing Kirby.

[quote name='KingBroly']Values are Changing, Values are Changing:
https://club.nintendo.com/coin-values.do[/QUOTE]

A quick (as in I'm sure there are exceptions) skim of this suggests to me:

Digital titles are going down in coin value
First party retail titles are going up in value
High profile third party retail titles are going up in value

Technically, more good than bad, depending on how you look at it. I wonder if this change is going to affect all future releases? I'm assuming so.

[quote name='slowdive21']So I have to enter all of my coins. Is today the new year or does it click over tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Current year doesn't end until 6/30, so you've got another 29 days to go.

Well crap on the new changes.

My plan was to buy a few Nintendo selects and basically get Platinum again next year for fairly cheap. Now that they've knocked those down to 20 points, so much for that idea.

Oh wow, I didn't even think to look at other categories beyond 3DS. Just saw that there are Wii and DSi value changes too.

I'm ok with this change.
It sucks I have been sitting on a few older Wii titles to register in the new year as I've already reached Platinum, but it makes sense to me to offer less coins for older games.

I wonder if in the future the values will just change automatically or if it will be a change that happens at the end of every Club Nintendo year.

These changes happen on 7/1, and don't affect games released in June. So Pikmin 2, Mario Power Tennis, Pokemon Conquest aren't affected.

Wii games are coming down (some more than others)
DS games are staying the same/going up
3DS games are going up
Downloads are going down

I'm generalizing here though.

So this is my first calendar year change since being a Club Nintendo member (Yeah, I'm sad I missed out on the statue). I've been holding off on registering things since my 3DS and Wii made it simple to hit platinum status this year, and I wanted to have as many points as possible to go towards Platinum status the next year. So I have a question for those of you that have been a member for longer than I have.

I have a bunch of games (and a couple of systems) that are dropping in value on 07/01. Is it a better idea to register them now in order to get the extra reward points, or should I wait until next calendar year to make it easier for Platinum (and easier for the next year and so on)? here's a list of those games:

DSi XL
Pokemon DSi bundle
Punch-Out
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Smash Bros
Super Paper Mario
Mario Strikers
Mario Kart Wii
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Fire Emblem Wii
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Link's X-bow
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Brain Age 1 & 2
Elite Beat Agents
Glory of Heracles
Golden Sun
Tetris DS

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I have a bunch of games (and a couple of systems) that are dropping in value on 07/01. Is it a better idea to register them now in order to get the extra reward points, or should I wait until next calendar year to make it easier for Platinum (and easier for the next year and so on)? here's a list of those games:

DSi XL
Pokemon DSi bundle
Punch-Out
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Smash Bros
Super Paper Mario
Mario Strikers
Mario Kart Wii
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Fire Emblem Wii
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Link's X-bow
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Brain Age 1 & 2
Elite Beat Agents
Glory of Heracles
Golden Sun
Tetris DS
[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's usually that hard to hit Platinum each year, but if you're worried about how many games you'll purchase, then I would just hold onto those. You'll be very close to Platinum with just those games even with the drops, I think.

This is completely foolish, I think. It seems like they're doing it to more accurately reflect the brand new MSRP of the products, but why change something that doesn't need changing? We know that all DS codes are worth 30 and all Wii codes are worth 50. Changing uniform values like this seems like a lot of unnecessary work. Big fail here.

Yikes we're getting gimped on the Wii games hard. Hanging onto my Dsi XL anyway, even at a 60 coin loss I'd rather use it towards next year plat.

I think their idea behind it is to discourage people from hanging onto their codes or buying games on the cheap FOR the codes. In any case, its still a terrible idea.

Edit: Just sent Nintendo an email inquiring into why this is happening, will post results once I get a reply.

[quote name='slowdive21']Whoops the year runs until June 30th. I will definitely have to see if some of these are worth redeeming before then.[/QUOTE]

Yah, I got 700+ points sitting on my account and I cant figure out what to get.

Anyone else notice that Kirby's Epic Yarn is going down to 20 coins from 50? I wonder if that indicates a stealth addition to the Nintendo Selects line. Brawl is going down to 30, which would put it in line with its new MSRP as of June 10th.

Someone needs to add this to the OP (I mean the complete list).

I'll have to go through all my archived codes (some of which are still in game boxes and I have no idea where some of those are) and see what I need to do now.

Of course on the whole it is more bad than good for me as I have actually done a lot more recent games (to get the 10 bonus coins) than I have older ones. I've already reg'd stuff like Mario Kart 7, Nintendogs 3DS, Zelda 3DS, etc... I was saving the older stuff for next year - d'oh! In particular I have a ton of older Wii and DS games that I'm going to get reamed on.

Also, crap, May went by really fast. I think I forgot to get one of the games I wanted and this month's selection looks like crap.

Gah, I've had Kirby Superstar since it first hit the VC. Plus with the upcoming Kirby collection, it might not be a great plan to grab it.

[quote name='io']Someone needs to add this to the OP (I mean the complete list).

I'll have to go through all my archived codes (some of which are still in game boxes and I have no idea where some of those are) and see what I need to do now.

Of course on the whole it is more bad than good for me as I have actually done a lot more recent games (to get the 10 bonus coins) than I have older ones. I've already reg'd stuff like Mario Kart 7, Nintendogs 3DS, Zelda 3DS, etc... I was saving the older stuff for next year - d'oh! In particular I have a ton of older Wii and DS games that I'm going to get reamed on.

Also, crap, May went by really fast. I think I forgot to get one of the games I wanted and this month's selection looks like crap.[/QUOTE]

I put the link there. It's behind the Coin Values Spoiler Tag.

[quote name='io'] I think I forgot to get one of the games I wanted and this month's selection looks like crap.[/QUOTE]

the GB Donkey Kong is totally worth it and awesome. I played it on the original GB when it came out and loved it then, so I'm stoked to get it for free Mario vs. Donkey Kong is essentially a sequel to it because it plays almost identically, so if you enjoyed MvDK then you really should give the GB DK a chance.

Sudoku seems like a worthwhile distraction, too, although I don't understand why it's 150 coins instead of 100.

I just bought a wii game and no code in it. I guess all new wii games don't have club nintendo codes? It was the udraw penguins from BB DOTD.

[quote name='slowdive21']I just bought a wii game and no code in it. I guess all new wii games don't have club nintendo codes? It was the udraw penguins from BB DOTD.[/QUOTE]

Not a nintendo game (THQ).

Wow, this is some BS. Anybody else notice that Post Play surveys for 3DS games are going down from 20 coins to 10? That means pretty much the only plus from this is the select few DS games that are increasing. Mario Kart DS increasing?!?!? WTF?! Yeah...:roll:

How do I make a family account from an existing account? I have multiples I have to register before this travisty of an event occurs or do I have to make a new family account and how do I do that?

[quote name='nixmahn']How do I make a family account from an existing account? I have multiples I have to register before this travisty of an event occurs or do I have to make a new family account and how do I do that?[/QUOTE]

I need to do this as well. Plus I have tons of codes to trade now that they are about to drop. I assume there's a place to do this on CAG. I'm in the process of seeing what I have now.

I already hit platinum on my main account but I had to do my reg survey for Big Brain Academy Wii Degree because that is dropping from 50 to 20 - plus it said it was expiring June 11th. I was going to let it go till July but the dual threat of it possibly expiring or dropping 30 points just made me go ahead with it. At least I should be able to do the post-play after June, right? I guess that is one I had regstered before the new Club Nintendo even started (as I had a +50 pending on that).

I'm a little confused on some titles. I don't see Excite Truck and Battalion Wars II listed at all. Are they no longer eligible at all? That is pretty crappy if they don't count some Wii titles.

I also have a pending +50 on Endless Ocean but that doesn't expire until Jan. 21st. Since that is just dropping to 30, I might take a chance on that and hope that since I have it listed as a "+50" that it stays that way in July. If it is just 30, oh well - at least then it goes towards next year.

Got a reply back from nintendo

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana]Hello,

[/FONT]
Thanks for contacting Nintendo. We appreciate the time you have taken to write to us with your questions. I’m pleased to have the opportunity to respond.

I'm sorry to hear you feel that the coin values on Club Nintendo are complex. Unfortunately, we're unaware as to why the coin values change from time to time. That said, we're sure it's for a good reason, while still keeping our valued Club Nintendo members in mind. Regardless, I'll be sure to forward your comments on to the different departments here at Nintendo so they can hear what you have to say. We hope you continue to enjoy Club Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back