Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='utopianmachine']Ugh. I'm like 100 coins short for Platinum this year. This will definitely be the last year I have any chance of being Platinum. I may have to go to a GameStop and ask nicely.[/QUOTE]

PM me, i'll hook ya up with some codes. :D

[quote name='KingBroly']These changes happen on 7/1, and don't affect games released in June. So Pikmin 2, Mario Power Tennis, Pokemon Conquest aren't affected.

Wii games are coming down (some more than others)
DS games are staying the same/going up
3DS games are going up
Downloads are going down

I'm generalizing here though.[/QUOTE]

Just a heads-up that the link to point value drops lists Mario Power Tennis as dropping from 50 --> 20. It is listed as New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis in the list. (Although you may be right that the newly released Nintendo Selects version isn't going to be affected yet as it looks like Nintendo Selects versions are listed separately in the document.)

Pikmin 2 isn't listed at all, so I am assuming that it is staying at 60 points until 7/10 and the dropping to 50 points when its first month is over. I am really hoping it doesn't drop from 60 --> 20 on July 1st at I'm sitting at 900 coins for the year right now.

It's disappointing to see a used game-style reduction on a lot of the points that most games will get from Club Nintendo. I know the link to the list has been posted, but the lists themselves are just images, so here's a quicker look at what's changing:

3DS
coin_adjustments_3ds.jpg

Wii
coin_adjustments_wii.jpg

DS
coin_adjustments_ds.jpg

It would be safe to assume that Pikmin 2 won't be changing since it just came out, correct? It seems that newer games aren't changing while older games are.

Two things - keep in mind, for the 3DS games that are "going up", the post-play survey is going from 20 to 10... so none of them are really going up. Some DS titles are though.

As for Pikmin 2/NS Mario Tennis... I'd bet they'll go to 20 on July 1st.

On the Club Nintendo page that discusses the changes, it specifically says:
Starting on 7/1, Coin values for completing registration surveys of some titles will change. See the list below for changes to specific software. List does not include all titles released in June

Since it appears the plan is to move to a system where the points you get (roughly) matches dollars spent, I really foresee these two titles tanking in coin value.

No, it hasn't.

Anyway, expect a new Thread on 7/1. It will still be wiki'd so anyone can edit the first post. But I plan on posting rules and general information in the second post since it doesn't need to be updated. This will make it cleaner as well.

Did Metroid Prime Trilogy ever officially drop to $30? It's on the list of coin values changing and I don't remember that happening so I wonder if they are planning on re-printing it.

[quote name='mitch079']Did Metroid Prime Trilogy ever officially drop to $30? It's on the list of coin values changing and I don't remember that happening so I wonder if they are planning on re-printing it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it really sucks that they dropped that one. I'd think anyone able to find a new/sealed MPT (and opens it to play instead of selling it) ought to get at least 100 coins for it now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else get an email invitation for a WiiU experience? I just got one an hour ago for an event in July in the Miami area. Of course, the code sent to me is not recognized by the system, but I sent an email in the hope they can rectify the situation. Check your email where you registered for Club Nintendo!

My recent 3ds purchase pushed me into Platinum for this year. If the WiiU hits at a reasonable price, I should be able to get Platinum next year without too much difficulty.

It sucks that the point values are mostly dropping. I can't imagine that the Club Nintendo program is really breaking Nintendo's bank. I'm happy with the stuff I've gotten thus far but they make more money off tempting me to buy new games than they spend on my DS pouches and games.

Attention:

If any of your coins are expiring before the end of the year and you can't think of ways to use them, contact me. I'd be willing to buy points by having you order things to be shipped to me.

Well, I'm going to be short for Platinum this year, I have no more surveys to take, nothing left to register, and no plans to buy anything else. I'm sure the prizes this year will be crap like always however, and if it's something I really have to get, I could likely buy it on eBay. I still have an unopened set of Pins from last years Platinum on my shelf, a quick look on eBay shows that people can't even give them away.

[quote name='Strell']Sell me the pins.[/QUOTE]

You can have mine for just $75 and my mother's dignity after last night, you charming bastard!

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Has anybody ever seen this before?

CLUBNINTENDOOOOOO.png
[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen that screen before, but there are some old games with registration cards that don't qualify for points/surveys since I'm guessing Club Nintendo Registration was implemented after their release date.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Okay, thanks. Just wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything wrong. Just a pretty old code.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you'd get that for all Gamecube games and even some Wii stuff like Excite Truck that no longer gives coins.

[quote name='io']I'm guessing you'd get that for all Gamecube games and even some Wii stuff like Excite Truck that no longer gives coins.[/QUOTE]

Excite Truck never gave coins.

[quote name='UncleBob']Excite Truck never gave coins.[/QUOTE]

Whatever - point is that it is a Wii game that would show that message. I had it on my list from before Club Nintendo even started though. Personally I think it is pretty crappy of Nintendo not to give coins out for a game that many loyal Nintendo supporters bought when the Wii launched when good titles were scarce.

[quote name='io']Whatever - point is that it is a Wii game that would show that message. I had it on my list from before Club Nintendo even started though. Personally I think it is pretty crappy of Nintendo not to give coins out for a game that many loyal Nintendo supporters bought when the Wii launched when good titles were scarce.[/QUOTE]

I always thought that was pretty crappy, I think they should lower platinum to at least 500 for the year but I guess that is wishful thinking.

EDIT: Has anybody found out what this years prize is yet?

[quote name='macontosh2000']So will out points be expiring after this month?[/QUOTE]

Log into your account. The red "card" in the upper right corner will tell you if you have any coins expiring this Saturday.

[quote name='rocky435']They usually don't announce the prizes until after the years ends.

Hopefully Julyish.

Club nintendo Japan got a Mario dot cushion or a choice of soundtracks or table calendars. For oct. 2011 of last year.
http://nintendoeverything.com/76335/club-nintendo/[/QUOTE]

like pillow cushion or memory foam cushion? Pillow cushion I could dry hump and pretend to screw over nintendo. ;)

[quote name='KingBroly']I hope the Platinum Reward is a complete set of the Kid Icarus AR cards. That'd be awesome.[/QUOTE]I'd rage since I spent a while trying to collect them, that and its too specific an audience for that reward. Usually its something everyone can at least somewhat enjoy.

I'll nergasm if we get the 8-bit cushion.

I'm a little confused. I have 450 coins at the top corner in red. Are those gone after the 30th? I also reached PLAT status...what does that mean

honestly why haven't we seen a soundtrack yet for coins?

Seems like I'd grab every one they have... much better than a bag, book mark, folder or friggin notepad.

[quote name='xycury']honestly why haven't we seen a soundtrack yet for coins?

Seems like I'd grab every one they have... much better than a bag, book mark, folder or friggin notepad.[/QUOTE]

This.

I hope if we have a similar Platinum reward to Japan (like we mostly do every year), the soundtrack options would definitely be for me...

Damn, looks like this will be the first year I won't be Platinum. Sitting at 400 right now which is good enough for Gold at least. I do have DKCReturns code sitting at home and I want to grab Pikmin 2, so that would put me close but no cigar.

[quote name='KingBroly']I hope the Platinum Reward is a complete set of the Kid Icarus AR cards. That'd be awesome.[/QUOTE]

I thought one of the cards was LE 250 and the item was always unique to club nintendo?

I hope it's the pillow or something Kirby related =D

Guess I'll finally pick up the games I need for points. I'd been holding out for a B2G1 somewhere to get some Nintendo games I've been wanting to play, but it's getting too late for that. Gonna have to go to GS today.

Well this years prize has to meet certain standards:

Must be made of plastic or cheaper material
Must be less than $5 in actual materials
Must look cool initially and then after owning it for 30 minutes becomes useless

Well, at least historically speaking...

[quote name='ZForce915']Well this years prize has to meet certain standards:

Must be made of plastic or cheaper material
Must be less than $5 in actual materials
Must look cool initially and then after owning it for 30 minutes becomes useless

Well, at least historically speaking...[/QUOTE]

Unless it is another downloadable exclusive.

[quote name='option.iv']I hope it's a downloadable. They'd save so much and no one wants useless plastic.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Doc Louis is still my favorite reward so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back