Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, crap, I just entered what I thought was a Wii Fit plus (game only) code. It was a used copy I bought at GS (game only of course). It ended up being a 100 point "Wii Fit Pllus (Wii Balance Board Inlcuded)" code!

While it was great to get 100 when I expected just 50 (which I thought was dropping to 20), I could have saved that for the next Club year had I known #-o.

I have another Wii Fit card that instead of having green sillouettes on it (which was what the Wii Fit Plus + board has on it) has a blonde woman in the middle, a guy to the right, and another woman to the left, all wearing white/green clothes. Anyone have any idea what that code would be for? If it is for the original Wii Fit + board I definitely want to save it as it is going up to 100 from 80 in July. But if that is a Wii Fit Plus game only it is dropping from 50 to 20.

Just for fun, I figured out the total number of coins I'll lose if I wait until 07/01 to enter the codes that are dropping. I'd lose 300 coins on the games and 120 on the systems. That's basically 3 vc titles I'd just be throwing away by waiting for the new year.

I also don't understand why they have some listed with the same point value for before and after. If this is a list of coin value changes, shouldn't those all be absent from the list?

The reason they're doing it is so people don't sit on Coins like they have in the past. Simple. By giving you the incentive to use them now, you won't lose out on more coins later.

[quote name='slowdive21']ahh crap my Donky Kongas didn't net me any coins. I didn't realize some of the codes expire.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's just that all Gamecube games (except Twilight Princess, I think) don't give you any coins. Product registration has been around since the Gamecube and GBA days, but they didn't start giving out coins and rewards until the Wii. You can still register older products, but they no longer give you anything.

[quote name='Blade']Nah, it's just that all Gamecube games (except Twilight Princess, I think) don't give you any coins. Product registration has been around since the Gamecube and GBA days, but they didn't start giving out coins and rewards until the Wii. You can still register older products, but they no longer give you anything.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks for the info! I also noticed some of these cards are hard to identify, but I have been able to find most of them using a google image search.

I am now gold status (I've entered my coins that would drop in value 7-1). Does that get me anything (like an automatic reward) or should I go for platinum by the end of the month?

Is the platinum reward free or do you guys have to cash in coins?

To correct a few things from earlier - No GameCube games (at all) and Excite Truck/Battalion Wars II were never eligible for coins.

Excite Truck was about two years old and Battalion Wars 2 was about a year old when Club Nintendo launched. With very few exceptions, only Wii and DS games that were still "In print" at the time were eligible for coins... for example, all four major versions of Nintendogs got coins, but the "Best Friends" edition did not.

For the concern about 3DS post-play surveys going down by ten coins - a good chunk of 3DS registration surveys are going UP by ten coins as well. Consider this when making the decision to cash in.

As for these new coin values... guh. I had 49 "to dos", 22 games and 570 coins already sitting in my account. I was up until I literally fell asleep sitting up last night doing surveys. I had already created a spreadsheet to help determine what year my various surveys ended, so I had to use that to compare old vs. new coin values to see which games needed to be registered now and which surveys I had to complete now to maximize my return in coin value.

Thankfully, I'll still have more than enough to get my ceremonial Day 1 Platinum just as I have had for four years now. :D

Sadly, this means that I'm going to have a bunch of coins all expire at once if Nintendo doesn't put some awesome prizes up in the next two years...

[quote name='io']I have another Wii Fit card that instead of having green sillouettes on it (which was what the Wii Fit Plus + board has on it) has a blonde woman in the middle, a guy to the right, and another woman to the left, all wearing white/green clothes. Anyone have any idea what that code would be for? If it is for the original Wii Fit + board I definitely want to save it as it is going up to 100 from 80 in July. But if that is a Wii Fit Plus game only it is dropping from 50 to 20.[/QUOTE]

While I strongly frown upon abuse of the system to get coins, I will point out that if you log out of your Club Nintendo account and then click "register a game", you can key in the registration code and it'll pop up the product, what it's worth and ask you to log in. If you don't log in, the game won't register and you can save it for later if you so choose.

Oh, no worries... I already have a family account with three sub-accounts to take care of multiple title registrations. :D

It just seemed odd, because I strongly remember it being discussed that you could register both versions in one account.

Didn't realize how this worked, as in the July 1st reset status thing, so I just accidentally wasted my Xenoblade Chronicles code. Most of the games I have unused codes for (aside from three Wii games that take 10-20 point hits) are actually getting increases. As are the 3DS games I planned on picking up when I eventually get a 3DS. So I guess I'll just kick myself for not looking closer and wasting that Xenoblade one and keep the others to make a Platinum push next year rather than doing a last ditch effort for this year.

Oh well. Cool program, it seems.

Also, is the Kirby Collection thing going to only be purchasable with coins, or will it be able to be bought?

[quote name='UncleBob']Oh, no worries... I already have a family account with three sub-accounts to take care of multiple title registrations. :D

It just seemed odd, because I strongly remember it being discussed that you could register both versions in one account.[/QUOTE]

Do you get multiple post play surveys for multiple regs of same game on your family account and do they count towards coins count?

[quote name='UncleBob']While I strongly frown upon abuse of the system to get coins, I will point out that if you log out of your Club Nintendo account and then click "register a game", you can key in the registration code and it'll pop up the product, what it's worth and ask you to log in. If you don't log in, the game won't register and you can save it for later if you so choose.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is "abuse" to see what the codes are for. I have taken a lot of my codes and put them in a drawer and it isn't always clear which game they came from. Besides the Wii Fit code I have a few others I'm not sure about. Thanks for the tip.

[quote name='slowdive21']Ok thanks for the info! I also noticed some of these cards are hard to identify, but I have been able to find most of them using a google image search.

I am now gold status (I've entered my coins that would drop in value 7-1). Does that get me anything (like an automatic reward) or should I go for platinum by the end of the month?

Is the platinum reward free or do you guys have to cash in coins?[/QUOTE]

Google image search - never thought of that - d'oh!

Anyway, you will probably get a calendar for hitting Gold. If you can swing it, you might as well hit platinum, especially with the huge number of codes that are dropping in value after this month. And yeah, it is automatic - no need to redeem coins. You can save those coins for the downloadable games and other goodies.

[quote name='io']
I already hit platinum on my main account but I had to do my reg survey for Big Brain Academy Wii Degree because that is dropping from 50 to 20 - plus it said it was expiring June 11th. I was going to let it go till July but the dual threat of it possibly expiring or dropping 30 points just made me go ahead with it. At least I should be able to do the post-play after June, right? I guess that is one I had regstered before the new Club Nintendo even started (as I had a +50 pending on that).

I also have a pending +50 on Endless Ocean but that doesn't expire until Jan. 21st. Since that is just dropping to 30, I might take a chance on that and hope that since I have it listed as a "+50" that it stays that way in July. If it is just 30, oh well - at least then it goes towards next year.[/QUOTE]
I would suggest you keep an eye on Big Brain Academy Wii Degree. I still have to complete the post play survey, and it's the first in my list. I think we have pretty much established that the surveys are now in year order of when they will expire and I am pretty confident it will expire after Jun. 11, 2012. But you may get a few extra days since you just completed the registration survey.

Yeah, I was thinking of doing this as well, registering games that are going to be dropping and actually completing the survey after 7/1. But then I saw at the bottom of the value change page: "On 7/1 all uncompleted surveys in your to do list will be updated with the new coin value." I'm still thinking about doing it though.

Oh, wow. This really blows. Sure a bunch of recent DS and 3DS games will go up in value, but the selects and older titles I haven't picked up are falling to rock bottom.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Oh, wow. This really blows. Sure a bunch of recent DS and 3DS games will go up in value, but the selects and older titles I haven't picked up are falling to rock bottom.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the Wii U's launch has something to do with this.

[quote name='io']I don't think it is "abuse" to see what the codes are for. I have taken a lot of my codes and put them in a drawer and it isn't always clear which game they came from. Besides the Wii Fit code I have a few others I'm not sure about. Thanks for the tip.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you were "abusing" the system. Meant that I was reluctant to post that particular tip because of the "abuse"...

Wait, quick question...if I have unused coins in my account and once the calendar flips and begins a new "year" do I lose all those unused coins that I currently have in my account?!? Am I understanding this correctly?!?

I know it will start the new year towards earning coins to platinum status, but I always thought the coins in my account were mine until I decide to use them. Can I get some clarification from a fellow CAG.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Wait, quick question...if I have unused coins in my account and once the calendar flips and begins a new "year" do I lose all those unused coins that I currently have in my account?!? Am I understanding this correctly?!?

I know it will start the new year towards earning coins to platinum status, but I always thought the coins in my account were mine until I decide to use them. Can I get some clarification from a fellow CAG.[/QUOTE]

2 years after the year they were added, not on an individual coin basis, but the years worth of coins.

I think the site, or an email will warn you when they will expire. I bet they already should have sent those out. Otherwise, check the website.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Wait, quick question...if I have unused coins in my account and once the calendar flips and begins a new "year" do I lose all those unused coins that I currently have in my account?!? Am I understanding this correctly?!?

I know it will start the new year towards earning coins to platinum status, but I always thought the coins in my account were mine until I decide to use them. Can I get some clarification from a fellow CAG.[/QUOTE]
The amount of coins that will expire is indicated in the red area in the upper right after you sign in (also shows your elite status and TOTAL coins). In yellow, it should say something like "100 Coins expiring 6/30/2012." If it doesn't say anything, I'm assuming you have used all your "expiring" coins.

[quote name='duderanch']Free points to anyone who wants them...Wario Ware: Smooth Moves for Wii

6G5-9DNX-AZNW-XP7[/QUOTE]

Someone used it within these past five minutes, apparently, and didn't bother posting. Thanks anyway, though.

Ok, I think I'm all caught up on my to-do list for the most part. Just checking, but the coin value changes don't impact the post-play survey values whatsoever right? Otherwise, I'll have a few more surveys to do.

[quote name='theflicker']Ok, I think I'm all caught up on my to-do list for the most part. Just checking, but the coin value changes don't impact the post-play survey values whatsoever right? Otherwise, I'll have a few more surveys to do.[/QUOTE]

They do. All post play surveys are going to become 10 coins. Right now 3DS games have a 20 coin post play value, so those are going to drop.

Don't think anything else is going to be hit though.

I guess I am going to have to enter all of my coins to get platinum (I am at 310 or something). I would rather not lose coins by redeeming 'early' before the values go up.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']They do. All post play surveys are going to become 10 coins. Right now 3DS games have a 20 coin post play value, so those are going to drop.

Don't think anything else is going to be hit though.[/QUOTE]

Hmm ok. But, practically all 3DS games are bumping up 10 coins in base value, at least the ones I have. So, the post play survey value drop doesn't really impact Wii/DS games. Right?

OK noob question here. How do you know if an item has surveys?

I saw this in the OP:
- Netflix App Registration: 20 coins
- 3DS Post Play Survey: 20 coins
- Post Play Survey: 10 coins
- Intend-to-Buy Survey: 10 coins (upon a game's registration)
- Quick Survey Bonus: 10 coins (Complete a survey within 4 weeks of its' release)

I have Skyward Sword sitting here. Are there any surveys for it other than the 50 point one?

Just finished registering all my games. How long do the post play survey's appear? I'm only 30 points away from platinum.

[quote name='slowdive21']OK noob question here. How do you know if an item has surveys?

I saw this in the OP:

I have Skyward Sword sitting here. Are there any surveys for it other than the 50 point one?[/QUOTE]

They all have post-play surverys.

If you filed an "Intend-To-Buy" before the game came out, you'll get those bonus points (so obviously not at this point for Skyward Sword). And I believe only some games get the quick survey bonus. I'm not sure if Zelda had that but again, it would be past that time anyway now. So, yeah, just the post-play survey.

Well, I entered all of the codes except for my XL and my DSi. The DSi is still sealed, so I doubt that I'll enter the code for that one. I'm still debating about whether the 60 coins is enough to make me enter the XL before the end of the month though.

I have a couple of questions. I noticed that as I entered the points, it gave me notifications that I reached Gold Status (and then Platinum status) but I was already a Platinum member before I entered any of these codes. Anyone have any idea why those notifications came up again?

Second, now that I have 710 points, has anyone picked up the Hanafuda cards? I doubt that I'd want them over 5 VC titles, but was curious how nice they were.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Second, now that I have 710 points, has anyone picked up the Hanafuda cards? I doubt that I'd want them over 5 VC titles, but was curious how nice they were.[/QUOTE]

Extremely nice. They are smaller than regular sized playing cards. They come in a nice plastic case. The artwork is really beautiful.

One day I want to frame a set - they really do look that nice.

[quote name='Deona']Just finished registering all my games. How long do the post play survey's appear? I'm only 30 points away from platinum.[/QUOTE]

I think they appear a week later or something like that.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Second, now that I have 710 points, has anyone picked up the Hanafuda cards? I doubt that I'd want them over 5 VC titles, but was curious how nice they were.[/QUOTE]

They are definitely smaller than normal cards. I was a little disappointed in mine because of that, and I didn't bother opening up the case. But it's pretty cool to have something reminiscent of Nintendo's roots.

I feel like the best quality to cost ratio product I've received so far are the fans. They are very nice looking and cost half the points of the Hanafuda cards. The Mario and Blooper ones are the ones to have.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']I think they appear a week later or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks, I should have more than enough coins then after taking post surveys to reach platinum. :applause:

I have an oddball question. Say you have not registered game X at all on your account. If you register it under a sub-account (family member account, whatever it is called), does it count towards the platinum status or not? I have a few that I would like to enter as secondary to get the 50 coins now but since I'm already platinum I'd like to wait until July to enter another code for the same game on my main account (even though they will only be 20 or 30 then).

Eh, on that note, are the surveys for Ambassador games over? Had it added to my 3DS, but despite being linked to my 3DS none of them have appeared in the past week.

[quote name='io']I have an oddball question. Say you have not registered game X at all on your account. If you register it under a sub-account (family member account, whatever it is called), does it count towards the platinum status or not? I have a few that I would like to enter as secondary to get the 50 coins now but since I'm already platinum I'd like to wait until July to enter another code for the same game on my main account (even though they will only be 20 or 30 then).[/QUOTE]

Slightly confused by your question here. If it's a family account, you'd only qualify for one platinum status reward no matter how many users are under it. All of games/accounts will count towards that one platinum status. At least that's how it's been setup on mine.

[quote name='io']I have an oddball question. Say you have not registered game X at all on your account. If you register it under a sub-account (family member account, whatever it is called), does it count towards the platinum status or not? I have a few that I would like to enter as secondary to get the 50 coins now but since I'm already platinum I'd like to wait until July to enter another code for the same game on my main account (even though they will only be 20 or 30 then).[/QUOTE]AFAIK all games registered into Club Nintendo is put towards the Gold/Platinum status for the year, even if its under a family member.

[quote name='io']I have an oddball question. Say you have not registered game X at all on your account. If you register it under a sub-account (family member account, whatever it is called), does it count towards the platinum status or not? I have a few that I would like to enter as secondary to get the 50 coins now but since I'm already platinum I'd like to wait until July to enter another code for the same game on my main account (even though they will only be 20 or 30 then).[/QUOTE]

Yes, those games will apply towards the accrued cumulative balance of all accounts in your family. So if you've redeemed 600 coins on your primary account and you register games on secondary accounts within the same family, all of those coins will be added together. Any account can use those coins, and you are only eligible for one Platinum reward among the entire family.

Argh, no I guess I wasn't clear. I'll try to ask it another way.

I am already at Platinum. I know coins are added from all accounts and you only get 1 platinum reward.

But I have 2 codes for the same game that I have not registered at all yet. I do not want this game to count towards platinum status this Club year but I want to get the 50 points for it while being able to redeem it again in July for 20 points that do count towards Platinum status.

What I was wondering is if I can register under a secondary account and get the 50 now, but then redeem it again under the main account in July and have it count towards platinum status then. Basically, it boils down to this: does the first registration under any account (even if it is not the main, parent, account) trigger the game for platinum status?

Maybe Rabbit answered this (though I'm just as confused by his answer as he was by my question ;)). But this part: "All of games/accounts will count towards that one platinum status. At least that's how it's been setup on mine" seems to indicate that platinum is counted even on non-main accounts.

Oh well, I guess I will just have to try it out myself and then report back. I certainly don't want to lose out on 100 points now for just 40 in July with only 20 of those counting towards platinum anyway.

I have a feeling with the Wii U coming out this year I won't have any problem getting new codes to register for next club year. Plus I still have some 3DS codes I haven't yet redeemed.

Edit: Someone else answered this question definitively, but then deleted their answer. Does that mean they weren't sure or what? Of course I can see the deleted post ;). F it - I'm going to test it out right now.

AND... The final result is, if you redeem a code for the first time on a sub-account, it does go towards Elite status for the main account. Well, damn... Stll, though, like I said 100 points now (with none of it counting for Elite status) is better than 40 in July (with only 20 counting for Elite anyway).

But what a waste - I'm near 900 coins for Elite this year (300 over what I needed for Platinum) and still have a few more new codes (that are dropping from 50 to 20) I may put in. I really, really wish now that I knew about the code check trick before I redeemed that 100 point Wii Fit Plus w/board code :cry:.

And just FYI: checking the codes while not logged in does not tell you if they've been used. Nintendo is being pretty sneaky there in that they encourage you to sign up for Club Nintendo with any code but then will tell you it has been used only once you register (or log in). The only way to see if they've been used is to redeem them on an account where you have already redeemed the same code before. Then it will tell you one of two things: the code has been redeemed before, or you can only do 1 per account.

But definitely, when it is all said and done, the combination of quicker expirations on registrations and post-play surveys and all the dropping point values means I will lose at least 1 (if not more) full Club Year's worth of Platinum Elite status that I otherwise had the potential to get. I'm going to run into the problem for next Club Year of all the post-play surveys I have without years on their dates (many of them expire in Sept, Oct, etc - but probably in a future year). Probably to be safe I just need to redeem them all ASAP in July.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was probably me, but since rabbitsuit looked like he had already answered your question I felt that keeping mine there was redundant.

[quote name='io']But what a waste - I'm near 900 coins for Elite this year (300 over what I needed for Platinum) and still have a few more new codes (that are dropping from 50 to 20) I may put in. I really, really wish now that I knew about the code check trick before I redeemed that 100 point Wii Fit Plus w/board code :cry:.
[/QUOTE]
Don't feel too bad, I'll have redeemed 1500 coins worth of codes this calendar year if I decide to enter my DSiXL as well :D I just couldn't stand the idea of losing 4 VC titles worth of coins by waiting until July.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Don't feel too bad, I'll have redeemed 1500 coins worth of codes this calendar year if I decide to enter my DSiXL as well :D I just couldn't stand the idea of losing 4 VC titles worth of coins by waiting until July.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, had they not started offering the games as rewards I probably would have just eaten the loss and saved the lesser amounts of coins for future Elite status. But I was actually running low on coins so at least now that won't be much of a problem ;).

[quote name='io']AND... The final result is, if you redeem a code for the first time on a sub-account, it does go towards Elite status for the main account. Well, damn... Stll, though, like I said 100 points now (with none of it counting for Elite status) is better than 40 in July (with only 20 counting for Elite anyway).

But what a waste - I'm near 900 coins for Elite this year (300 over what I needed for Platinum) and still have a few more new codes (that are dropping from 50 to 20) I may put in. I really, really wish now that I knew about the code check trick before I redeemed that 100 point Wii Fit Plus w/board code :cry:.

And just FYI: checking the codes while not logged in does not tell you if they've been used. Nintendo is being pretty sneaky there in that they encourage you to sign up for Club Nintendo with any code but then will tell you it has been used only once you register (or log in). The only way to see if they've been used is to redeem them on an account where you have already redeemed the same code before. Then it will tell you one of two things: the code has been redeemed before, or you can only do 1 per account.

But definitely, when it is all said and done, the combination of quicker expirations on registrations and post-play surveys and all the dropping point values means I will lose at least 1 (if not more) full Club Year's worth of Platinum Elite status that I otherwise had the potential to get. I'm going to run into the problem for next Club Year of all the post-play surveys I have without years on their dates (many of them expire in Sept, Oct, etc - but probably in a future year). Probably to be safe I just need to redeem them all ASAP in July.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I told you. All coins are added together, and you only get one Platinum reward per family account. A secondary account won't be eligible for its own status unless you create a new family account. So yeah, you should probably make a new family account.

I can't tell how many points I need to hit platinum, but it's SUPER close. I downloaded Mario minis, how long before the survey shows? Anyone want to trade a CN code for some xbox DLC? :)

I heard that 3DS post play surveys will be 10 coins after June 30th, but will DS post play surveys decrease as well? They are currently 10 coins.

^ It appears from their little blurb on the changing point values that only the 3DS ones are changing. All other post-plays (and in fact all surveys besides registration) are going to be 10 points. Though most (if not all besides 3DS post-play?) were 10 already anyway.

[quote name='Blade']That's exactly what I told you. All coins are added together, and you only get one Platinum reward per family account. A secondary account won't be eligible for its own status unless you create a new family account. So yeah, you should probably make a new family account.[/QUOTE]

I never thought (nor asked) if a secondary account got its own status or a second platinum reward - that's been clear from day one on Club Nintendo. And yes, it was also clear that all the coins go in one account for purposes of redemption, But I thought only games redeemed on the primary account counted for Elite status and thus if you redeemed them on the secondary account it wouldn't "use up" that game for purposes of Elite status on the overall account. In other words, I was asking whether the coins go towards elite status when a secondary account redeems a game when that game has not yet been redeemed on the first account. I was hoping it did not go towards any Elite status so that I could then, later, redeem said game on the primary account and have it count for Elite for the next Club year. So that was a bit more subtle of an issue and one that I simply needed to test to be 100% sure of.

Ugh. I'm like 100 coins short for Platinum this year. This will definitely be the last year I have any chance of being Platinum. I may have to go to a GameStop and ask nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back