CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='zewone']There's TDM including but it's mosh pit style with all gametypes.[/QUOTE]

imo thats stupid. i was looking forward to the new maps since i hate almost all the maps included on disc. but if i cant go play team death match straight up without mosh pit style matching then i wont pay for this. ive been looking around and i cant find out anything about it, either i suck at finding info, or its hidden somewhere lol

[quote name='zewone']There's TDM including but it's mosh pit style with all gametypes.[/QUOTE]

Well that's fucking stupid. I only play CoD with friends, and we only play TDM to be on the same team every match. I'll wait till they put just TDM to get the maps.

[quote name='tcrash247']Well that's fucking stupid. I only play CoD with friends, and we only play TDM to be on the same team every match. I'll wait till they put just TDM to get the maps.[/QUOTE]

...you know you can be on the same team in every match on any team-based game type right...

[quote name='A Happy Panda']...you know you can be on the same team in every match on any team-based game type right...[/QUOTE]

I worded that incorrectly, we only like playing TDM not just to be on the same team, but we only like that playstyle.

[quote name='naiku']anyone know what the changes were to OMA?
I noticed they fixed the player interaction w/ the environment. Karachi and dereail elevators are patched & most barrier glitches are not working like in wastelands.

I am not 45 yet so i can't exactly check about OMA, Do you need to make 2 classes to spam the noob tube or will it never give u back any grenade launcher rounds. any input is greatly appreciated about it.[/QUOTE]

Obviously I don't know for sure, but I have heard from a couple people that the OMA "fix" did nothing. It is the exact same! It was included in the update, so if these people got the update and are still able to tube the map until it burns (which I am hearing is a YES!) then it did nothing for 402/IW/Actvision lied once more.

Why are we whining like a bunch of babies today? There's new maps and they're currently playable. Do you honestly think there wont be any tweaks to the playlists over the next few days/weeks?

You're still on a team.
There are other game types that people play.

This is what they've done to suit the first rush of players. It WILL change soon enough.

Get off your high horses and suck it up for a while.

I wonder if you know that you're retarded?
========

The OMA "fix" did absolutely nothing. Exactly the same. I was getting OMA tubed left and right.

========

Sorry to hear that people still only limit themselves to TDM. You're missing out.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Why are we whining like a bunch of babies today? There's new maps and they're currently playable. Do you honestly think there wont be any tweaks to the playlists over the next few days/weeks?

You're still on a team.
There are other game types that people play.

This is what they've done to suit the first rush of players. It WILL change soon enough.

Get off your high horses and suck it up for a while.[/QUOTE]

oh now that you put it that way let me go buy them now and play modes i dont want to :roll:... no thanks. im not pissed, honestly this just saves me money. if they make it to where i can play solely tdm then i will buy it. otherwise i dont want it. so its a pass for me. why do you care what people talk about or do? you like other modes, fine, good for you. go play them. i dont and was just stating my opinion. sorry didnt know 2 posts was "crying like a baby" lol. the more you know i suppose :roll:

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']oh now that you put it that way let me go buy them now and play modes i dont want to :roll:... no thanks. im not pissed, honestly this just saves me money. if they make it to where i can play solely tdm then i will buy it. otherwise i dont want it. so its a pass for me. why do you care what people talk about or do? you like other modes, fine, good for you. go play them. i dont and was just stating my opinion. sorry didnt know 2 posts was "crying like a baby" lol. the more you know i suppose :roll:[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you thought I was directing it at you when I purposely didn't quote anyone.

It was an overall statement. It's not directed at you. I'm not forcing you into spending your points. I'm just stating the obvious. We all 'cried' at the pricing. Now we're 'crying' that the playlists aren't to our liking.

I even bet IW did this just to make people try other game types than TDM, Demolition, Sabotage, SnD, etc...

Hope you find time in your day to lift your spirits up. Because you're obviously being a "debbie downer" over this. ;)

[quote name='zewone']You realize they will be in TDM soon, right?[/QUOTE]

as i said....

[quote name='crzyjoeguy'] if they make it to where i can play solely tdm then i will buy it. otherwise i dont want it. so its a pass for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I'm glad you thought I was directing it at you when I purposely didn't quote anyone.

It was an overall statement. It's not directed at you. I'm not forcing you into spending your points. I'm just stating the obvious. We all 'cried' at the pricing. Now we're 'crying' that the playlists aren't to our liking.

I even bet IW did this just to make people try other game types than TDM, Demolition, Sabotage, SnD, etc...

Hope you find time in your day to lift your spirits up. Because you're obviously being a "debbie downer" over this. ;)[/QUOTE]

lol nah i thought that was directed at me lol. sorry then. i had a "slight problem" with the pricing. but to me if people pay $10 for 3 maps on the norm i dont see $5 for 2 classics as a complete horrible price point. but i suppose its easier for me to look at it that way since i havnt played those two maps (never really got into mw1). so to me its all about the playlists. but thats fine i can just skip them and see what they do with later updates. if they update to where i can do what i want, fine. if not ill just stick with what i currently got

[quote name='zewone']So, you're going to buy it eventually? What's the point of waiting then?[/QUOTE]

whats the point of buying it now if i wont play it? as i said ill wait for updates lol

[quote name='zewone']So, you're going to buy it eventually? What's the point of waiting then?[/QUOTE]

I'll eventually want to play Bioshock 2, but why buy it now if I won't play it?

[quote name='zewone']
Sorry to hear that people still only limit themselves to TDM. You're missing out.[/QUOTE]

I played Domination last night with only friends on my team. We won one match 200-19. The opposing team just wasn't even trying to win. One of their players had 21 kills before dying. They obviously cared more about killing than capturing flags. That's why objective games suck in MW2, most people don't even play them as if they're anything but another match of TDM.

When we later played Ground War against the same group, the score was much closer. They weren't bad players, they just didn't care to do the objectives of the objective-based games.

maybe the oma fix was for the Semtex glitch sorta like the old javelin one....didn't bother with it so i can't confirm it.

on the topic of the playlists....
some objective modes just absolutely suck. Sabotage is just awful. If i could just play s&d, ctf, & domination i would love it. I normally just stick to TDM but also sometimes play the mentioned modes. ATM i find my party and i constantly backing out of games to skip modes that are just lame to play, its pretty annoying.

I must say this new map pack have helped me expand my horizons in MW:2. Me and my friends only played TDM, but we had lots of fun doing the objective matches!

Ok, I take back EVERYTHING I said before. My friends all bought the pack, so I said what the hell, I'll get them. We wrecked the shit out of every team in every mode. We were unstoppable, and most of us had never done any of those modes other than TDM. First time for everything and we played like pros. That was the most fun I've ever had on CoD, ever. $15 is bullshit, but this resurrected the game for me.

Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Ninja Pro

Primary - Sniper 4 the ghillie suit
Secondary - M1014 w/ Grip or FMJ

OMG :D Me and my friends were testing around Bailout in the morning so i took advantage of those hallways and rooms and just proceeded to own everybody w/ MA BABY

rumors has it this weekend all playlists since it gives people a chance to purchase the content....but I think it will happen after the weekend.

I think the new maps are getting most people out of their confort zone. I normally roll around 1.5-2.0 kdr mostly played on TDM (avg1.5) had 4 games tonight where i dinged over 10:1 one of which 52-5.
salvage + chopper gunner = ownage ...then i had a about 5-7 games of 0.5 kdr most of which were on Storm :/

Out of the new maps Salvage & Bailout are by far the best. Storm isn't that much fun for me. I never played MW1 so those maps are new to me. I think Crash is a lot better then Overgrown...had one game where 4 snipers were at this gas station at the back of the map.
Overall Salvage is amazing on any mode imo.

[quote name='naiku']had one game where 4 snipers were at this gas station at the back of the map.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

My, how things have changed since CoD4.

here is the twitter message & quote that mvp828 mentioned.

http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/11336702562

"Behold! The power of feedback. We'll be integrating the new maps into all playlists as well as enabling Double XP for all playlists tomorrow"

so this is great for people who bought the maps. nice everyone gets the double xp weekend...just gonna be annoying for those who dont have the maps. Definitely looking foward to playing tomorrow night now.

[quote name='naiku']here is the twitter message & quote that mvp828 mentioned.

"Behold! The power of feedback. We'll be integrating the new maps into all playlists as well as enabling Double XP for all playlists tomorrow"

so this is great for people who bought the maps. nice everyone gets the double xp weekend...just gonna be annoying for those who dont have the maps. Definitely looking foward to playing tomorrow night now.[/QUOTE]

cool, looks like ill be buying it sooner then i thought

spent 5 minutes searching for a match and couldn't find one, never happened before. i had 2 friends on, was trying to get a game going with them and both ended up leaving and joining and then both ended up going offline.. talk about miss-communication and lack of being able to find a match

[quote name='naiku']here is the twitter message & quote that mvp828 mentioned.

so this is great for people who bought the maps. nice everyone gets the double xp weekend...just gonna be annoying for those who dont have the maps. Definitely looking foward to playing tomorrow night now.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. So I wonder what this means for those of us who haven't bought the Stimulus map pack yet? Will we be kicked out of matches in which new maps are chosen, a la World at War?

I'm on the side of those who refuse to pay $15 for this, but a fellow on on the Infinity Ward forums apparently bought a ton of Monster Drink Packs (some which came with the DLC promo codes) and is selling them on Ebay. Apparently he has 20 or so left.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150429052696&ssPageName=ADME:L:EOISSA:US:1123
Buy It Now price is $10, but I put in an offer for $9 and it was auto-accepted. These maps are only worth $10, speaking on firsthand experience also. Still will be a fun week with Live activity at a high and double XP.

Would post it on the regular gaming deals board but I'm not sure how well that would work out, rather have the big CoD fans get first dibs at this

[quote name='SimaYi']I'm on the side of those who refuse to pay $15 for this, but a fellow on on the Infinity Ward forums apparently bought a ton of Monster Drink Packs (some which came with the DLC promo codes) and is selling them on Ebay. Apparently he has 20 or so left.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150429052696&ssPageName=ADME:L:EOISSA:US:1123
Buy It Now price is $10, but I put in an offer for $9 and it was auto-accepted. These maps are only worth $10, speaking on firsthand experience also. Still will be a fun week with Live activity at a high and double XP.[/QUOTE]

Ehhhh, I hate going this route for things. Always seems sketchy to me. But $9 is really reasonable compared to the standard $15 price.

SimaYi, you already received your code and verified that it works?

I bought it last night, got the code within 5 minutes after I paid that of course varies depending on if the seller is online, I wouldn't expect it to take longer than an hour or two.

Redeemed code and played about ~3 hours, all was good.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gamer SDP']didn't get code yet but $8.00 was auto accepted.[/QUOTE]

Damn! I overpaid by $1!

Same here, paid for it, but no code yet. I won't get too worried unless I don't have the code by this time tomorrow.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Damn! I overpaid by $1!

Same here, paid for it, but no code yet. I won't get too worried unless I don't have the code by this time tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

lol same here. but im hoping the code comes soon so i can hop on and play.

Yeah... although almost any deal on Ebay is bound to be a bit a sketchy this is the sort of sale I was looking for so I'll bite and see what happens.

Got the e-mail with the code. Put it into Xbox Live website, redeemed perfectly. Just need to download it when I get home tonight. Great deal, $10 or under is what Activision should've priced this at originally.

[quote name='SimaYi']I'm on the side of those who refuse to pay $15 for this, but a fellow on on the Infinity Ward forums apparently bought a ton of Monster Drink Packs (some which came with the DLC promo codes) and is selling them on Ebay. Apparently he has 20 or so left.
Buy It Now price is $10, but I put in an offer for $9 and it was auto-accepted. These maps are only worth $10, speaking on firsthand experience also. Still will be a fun week with Live activity at a high and double XP.

Would post it on the regular gaming deals board but I'm not sure how well that would work out, rather have the big CoD fans get first dibs at this[/QUOTE]

You, my friend, are awesome!

Probably would've never bought this pack otherwise, thanks a ton!

Would post it on the regular gaming deals board but I'm not sure how well that would work out, rather have the big CoD fans get first dibs at this[/QUOTE]

Wished I went this route and could have saved my 1600 point card for something else

bread's done
Back