CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='Monsta Mack']So if you don't have the maps do you get booted out like in WAW?[/QUOTE]

I would assume. Looks pretty bad for those who don't, all four matches I have watched him play have been new maps. Hopefully that's just bad luck, and not IW trying to force people into buying their map pack.

[quote name='Kaoz']I would assume. Looks pretty bad for those who don't, all four matches I have watched him play have been new maps. Hopefully that's just bad luck, and not IW trying to force people into buying their map pack.[/QUOTE]

Well thats lame. I'll keep an eye out for those eBay codes again.

I tried the stimulus playlist and learned that I'm not that great at modes other than domination or tdm :cry:. so I gotta start trying some of those modes since I also want some of those challenges(titles+emblems) and accolades unlocked.

also I'm having trouble getting fmj kills with the famas. before I prestiged I gave up on the P90 and Intervention Mastery challenges since fmj kills were not going up. so any tips for Famas/M16, SMG, and Sniper fmj kills? maps and classes would be of good help too :bouncy:

Anyone else having issues with Double XP being reflected in their stock map games today? I've restarted my box a few times but every game has been regular.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I tried the stimulus playlist and learned that I'm not that great at modes other than domination or tdm :cry:. so I gotta start trying some of those modes since I also want some of those challenges(titles+emblems) and accolades unlocked.

also I'm having trouble getting fmj kills with the famas. before I prestiged I gave up on the P90 and Intervention Mastery challenges since fmj kills were not going up. so any tips for Famas/M16, SMG, and Sniper fmj kills? maps and classes would be of good help too :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I got the three gun and stuff i was all excited only i got them the night before the patch i had no clue the patch would effect the three guns 4 perks and gold deagle so wen i went to use them a usp came out for the deagle then wen i had a primary weapon as a secondary weapon i tried pullin that out also and a usp came out i was so pissed. but i got that for free so.. yeah i think i got all that for free cuz im a girll lmao

played quite a bit earlier. i want to say atleast 1/2 the time it was a new map. so people that dont have them may be in for a annoyance. maybe just a freak incident, but my money says its not. at one point i hit 3 mew maps in a row, then highrise, and then went back to a new map.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Ok, any chance that when they add you into a room (like tdm), would they put the people who don't have the new maps together and vise versa?[/QUOTE]

cant say for sure... but i did notice as the match was about to start people "droping out" of the party more then useual... my money says its like W@W where it just drops you...but i cant say for sure as i have the maps

Played for a little over an hour tonight. Saw Bailout several times, only saw Storm once. The rest of the maps were old: Scrapyard, Rundown, and Skidrow.

Double XP is a nice bonus though.

Saw Bailout several times, only saw Storm once.

I wonder if something is going on with Storm. I've played for several hours, a few last night and a few tonight, got the other 2 new maps and Overgrown/Crash a whole bunch of times -- but have yet to see Storm at all. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw, but it's weird!

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I wonder if something is going on with Storm. I've played for several hours, a few last night and a few tonight, got the other 2 new maps and Overgrown/Crash a whole bunch of times -- but have yet to see Storm at all. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw, but it's weird![/QUOTE]

nah man, its luck of the draw. i saw storm a few times, but only saw salvage once. and still haven't got on crash. this damn games keeping me from playing mass effect 2 lol.

[quote name='spideymike']Have to look out for those codes on ebay again. Some joker is selling codes on ebay for $19.99 for the map pack.[/QUOTE]
lol and he actually sold one.... wow

Wow, after a whole day of frustration, I finally find a game this evening.. The new maps are pretty fun, if not just a way to get me addicted once again!!

Prior to the map pack I would always find 25-29 of 50 good games when searching. Now, its usually 0-4 good games. Whats going on??

Got a question... i tried researching on the web, but couldn't really find the answer that I was looking for.
If I download the map pack, can I copy it to a hard drive and install it in another xbox360? Will that other person be able to use the maps?
I read something about transfer of license, but that's not really what I want.

I got stuck in Overgrown! I was playing last night in Overgrown and got stuck in the right side of the map by the bridge. When you come out of the last house on the bottom right and make a left, I went to jump of the cliff and then....WTF????? I just got stuck I had to just sit there like an idiot and wait to be killed. Ive heard that there are several other glitches being found.
http://forums.modernwarfare247.com/...-you-know-that-facts-concerning-the-new-maps/

[quote name='spideymike']Have to look out for those codes on ebay again. Some joker is selling codes on ebay for $19.99 for the map pack.[/QUOTE]
Probably sold them to the morons I was playing with last night in the stimulus room. They were going on about how these maps suck because they don't know them, that they were just going drop out and go back to playing S&D (this was before the update to all game varients was made) and how $20 is a rip off.

To which I told them that is a rip off because they are $15 and they wasted their money because if they don't play the maps they will never know them.

[quote name='xscorpionx']I got stuck in Overgrown! I was playing last night in Overgrown and got stuck in the right side of the map by the bridge. When you come out of the last house on the bottom right and make a left, I went to jump of the cliff and then....WTF????? I just got stuck I had to just sit there like an idiot and wait to be killed. Ive heard that there are several other glitches being found.
http://forums.modernwarfare247.com/...-you-know-that-facts-concerning-the-new-maps/[/QUOTE]
I had the EXACT same thing happen to me. Somehow, I was able to get out of it going prone, turning around, going back to a crouch, and mashing on the jump button.

Hey if anyone is interested (Not sure if this goes here or not) but if anyone wants to buy one of the codes off ebay I'll trade 8 months of xbox live I got from the Netflix fiasco for the map pack code. I'll send first as long as you have some feedback so you can make sure they work.

The Monster codes work fine. I scored one for $8 from the same guy selling a bunch of them mentioned a page or so back. I'd have to say I got exactly what I paid for as the maps though good honestly aren't worth the original price.

I got them free and feel ripped off. Haven't played overgrown or crash yet keep getting thrown into that one map with the houses but 1000 pts per kill is nice

when i watch killcams and people who are using thermal, they seem to cool and calm. but when i use thermal. i press down on the thumb stick and yet my crosshair bounces around like ****ing crazy. i cant even hit a stationed target(covered)

No wonder they called it the "Stimulus Package," it costs way too much and doesn't work for shit!

But seriously, the defense of its price point by saying it has 5 maps instead of the usual 3 is BS. The two extra ones are the exact same ones from COD4 and they didn't add any guns/game types/titles/emblems. This shouldn't have been priced so high, especially given the poor execution of its release. Oh, and not to mention the hacking issues and numerous glitches that plague the game.

I just think IW should have shown some love for their avid fans that looked past these inefficiencies by pricing it a little more reasonably, that's all.

Very frustrated with the new bugs popping up (I didn't get the Stimulus package). On several occasions last night, my friend and I, who were in the same COD party (in private chat) found ourselves split up into entirely different games. And it takes a bit to figure out if it drops you in mid-game. "You in?" "Yeah, I'm in." "Hmm... you're not in mine."

Typically if the party gets split up, it shoves one guy back to the party menu. This way we both get to take the loss.

Also, twice last night I spawned with my gun pointed to the sky. WTF is it with COD patches that make this happen?!?!!?

Anyone using gaming headsets when playing MW2 specifically? I am look at spending $100 and right now looking at the x31s. I would like the x41s for optical instead of red/white but don't want to spend $175+

Thanks.

bread's done
Back