CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']And isn't BFBC2 unique with their grenade spamming PSA. Its not like I haven't seen that before (F.A.G.S....remember?)[/QUOTE]

That's why Kefka posted it here, in the MW2 thread. ;)

[quote name='RobMinhas']I feel like I only end up playing the same three or four maps everytime i play. I havent played Favela or Sub Base for the longest time.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I get Sub Base pretty often, but Lord forbid I got Rundown sometime.:whistle2:#

IGN interview, with Robert Bowling, on the 'Stimulus Package'.

IGN: What kind of rotation are the Stimulus maps going to take in the general playlists?

Robert Bowling: I think when we first launch, we're not going to put them in the rotation of the standard playlists at all. Simply because, you know, we don't want to segment the community. If you didn't buy the map packs, we didn't want you to join a game and not be able to play with somebody because they bought the map packs. So, we're going to separate them into the dedicated playlists for a little bit when we first launch. Once we look into play data and see the numbers rising, if the vast majority of the users are playing on the new maps then we may start filtering them into the other playlists.

IGN: So it'd be fair to say that the introduction of those maps into the general playlists will depend on adoption rate.

Robert Bowling: Yeah.
Look at the first 5 pictures for screenshots of the stimulus maps.

Stimulus package trailer.

-----

So no Special Ops DLC?

In an interview with GamesRadar Robert Bowling tells the community why Infinity Ward chose not to go with Special Ops DLC: Source: Gamesradar.com »
Spec-Ops was great, but right now we’re focusing all our DLC efforts on the multiplayer, just because, you know, we looked at the numbers and we have twenty-five million unique players in Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer, and that’s an insane amount of people dedicating an insane amount of time to the game. And we just really wanted to make sure that we were focusing our efforts on getting the most content to the biggest part of our audience that’s playing every day. And that just happens to be multiplayer.

Is the pricing something that you guys at Infinity Ward have a lot to do with, or is it all decided between Activision and Microsoft?
Yeah, all pricing is handled by Activision outside of Infinity Ward. We really focus on all the creative content and let them handle all the business.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea of being able to play in a seperate playlist, so not to alienate the people who didn't buy it right away. Smart decision in my book. It makes sense in all ways, but eventually they will throw the new maps into the rotation of the old maps and you will basically be forced to cough up the dough if you want to play in a single lobby for more then a single match.

Still, I think its pretty easy to see that IW cares about the community. Activision....you can't say the same about them.

P.S. I wonder if that injunction will go through? What if it does before Activision gets paid for the PS3 DLC? Does that mean PS3 players would get them for free?

[quote name='RobMinhas']Yeah i believe ive won one game in the last twelve games. Im usually 20-30(Yes with the 7500 point cap) and between 1-5 deaths(i dont care too much about assists at this point) I'll have at least 3 predator missiles, 2 harriers and a Pavelow in a match and i still manage to lose. Jeez. Might try Mercenary TDM now.[/QUOTE]
This is what I was saying the other day. Team Deathmatch (even Mercenary) seems screwy. I'm usually one of the top players in the match, yet I'm ALWAYS on the losing team now.

I just lost 5 matches in a row because I joined losing teams. And when I say losing, I mean getting CRUSHED. And when I finally win a match, it splits the teams up so I get all the sh*tty players and NOOBS again.

Some people don't care about their win/loss %, but I do. I really believe you should not get a loss for joining a team that's losing by 2000 points with under a minute left. Total BS. Sometimes I get a loss without even raising my weapon or getting shot.

[quote name='Ch33pSh33p']Think the map pack is BS and you're not going to buy it? sign the pledge: http://www.wtfdlc.com/modern-warfare-2-stimulus-package-rant

Also, yeah it does seem like it was Activision's evil doing and of course IW isn't going to publicly flame them as it's their publisher so I can understand them being supportive. Still, doesn't mean we should give up and hand over 1/4 of the game's price just for 3 new maps...[/QUOTE]

It is what it is, and Activision will never change.

If you can get away with robbing people blind on a consistant basis, why stop?

Well, I haven't been playing much MW2 due to the constant repeats of maps, so I think I will be getting the map pack. (plus I just don't want to be left out like I was on CoD4)

Not crazy about the price but I am getting the maps tomorrow anyways. Hopefully for the rest of you that are boycotting or holding out for a price drop you don't get screwed when Activision wants to move these maps to all playlists. I would rather just not have the headache plus the two old maps were my two fav from COD 4.

You're not nuts. The single player is great. Length be damned, I thought it was amazing. Also Spec Ops is cool solo and awesome co op.

FYI - Double XP officially starts tomorrow and runs through Monday. I'd post the info from 402's site but I'm on my phone ATM. If someone would be kind to link it. If not I'll link it when I get in front of my comp later. (sidenote - still 360 only)

http://fourzerotwo.com/

If you’re an Xbox Live player on Modern Warfare 2, there are some big updates hitting tomorrow (March 30th) in the early morning. Included in those are:

The Stimulus Package (Downloadable Content)
The first dlc for Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer hits exclusively first on Xbox Live. It’ll be coming to other platforms at a later date as well, but tomorrow morning you’ll be able to download the 5 new maps including Bailout (seen above), Salvage, Storm, and my favorite classic maps Crash and Overgrown.

Double XP

Originally planned to do it this weekend, but we’ve decided to throw the Double XP switch early when the new maps hit. So jump online with the new DLC and check out the two new DLC specific playlists.

Stimulus and Hardcore Stimulus Playlists

These two playlists are 100% dedicated to the new maps, and are Double XP enabled. So jump on and experienced the new DLC you downloaded, get double XP, and experience all your favorite gametypes along with some hardcore variants of them.

Ranger maps added to HCHQ

We’re adding a few maps to the Hardcore Headquarters Pro playlist on Xbox Live, allowing you now play all the Ranger maps in this gametype, something I know a lot of users have been asking for! These maps include Highrise, Invasion, Skidrow, and Terminal.

Title Update

Along side the DLC, but something ALL of our users will get, is a title update for Modern Warfare 2. Included in this update is support for the DLC (if you choose to purchase it), as well as some tweaks to the One Man Army perk, some matchmaking updates that will help our international users find more locally hosted games thanks to how ping is now sorted, and various other code updates that will help improve the overall quality of multiplayer on Modern Warfare 2.

There is no exact time you can expect all this, I’d say early morning when traffic is at its lowest, but by the time you wake up and get online I’m sure it will be available to most of you on March 30th! See you online all this week!

Last edited by a moderator:
i hope the tweak to OMA is 0 grenade launcher replenishment. thanks for posting...will finally hit 10th prestige this weekend w/ the double xp, atm 9th/41

I tired of getting messages from people about hacking/modding your account so you are a 10th prestige for 1600 MS points. The major reason why I play CoD is to level up. Once I reached 10th I would be bored with it.

They need to start banning people for modding to get 4 perks, golden guns, etc. Its obvious that they modded so ban their console. Done.

I am very interested to know what some One Man Army "tweaks" is....I would guess that it just does not replenish grenades. Would be the most simple and easy fix.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I tired of getting messages from people about hacking/modding your account so you are a 10th prestige for 1600 MS points. The major reason why I play CoD is to level up. Once I reached 10th I would be bored with it.

They need to start banning people for modding to get 4 perks, golden guns, etc. Its obvious that they modded so ban their console. Done.[/QUOTE]

They can't ban unless you report. I report and avoid every person with a modded gamertag or the spinning skull emblem (still unobtainable ATM, and NO they're not tied to the Prestige challenges)

Why couldn't they hold the double XP to this weekend? Gheeze It's not like I got weekdays off from work :p

Well If it lasts from Tuesday till Saturday I guess I can put in some hours between then.

From http://www.fourzerotwo.com

Double XP
Originally planned to do it this weekend, but we’ve decided to throw the Double XP switch early when the new maps hit. So jump online with the new DLC and check out the two new DLC specific playlists.

They're out but you can only get it through the Game marketplace tab at the moment. I'll try to link it when it's up. I can see it in my purchase history but when I click it, it says invalid URL.

[quote name='M1C13']From http://www.fourzerotwo.com

Double XP
Originally planned to do it this weekend, but we’ve decided to throw the Double XP switch early when the new maps hit. So jump online with the new DLC and check out the two new DLC specific playlists.[/QUOTE]

You do know that that doesn't necessarily mean that it's DLC restricted.

I could have interpreted it wrong.

The maps are "up" but require a title update to actually play. Who knows when that will be out. Nothing but botched shit from MS.

I downloaded the maps, and the only 2 gametypes that are showing as double xp are the two new DLC ones. Sorry to everyone that was hoping otherwise.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']You do know that that doesn't necessarily mean that it's DLC restricted.[/QUOTE]
From @fourzerotwo's twitter account

http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/11268187842

@MattLauer Only the two new Stimulus Playlists have Double XP enabled.

Sorry everyone who isn't getting them, they are only helping the people that help them I guess. I know sounds like a douchey thing to do, I don't agree with it but come on it's Activision what do you expect?

[quote name='M1C13']From @fourzerotwo's twitter account

http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/11268187842

@MattLauer Only the two new Stimulus Playlists have Double XP enabled.

Sorry everyone who isn't getting them, they are only helping the people that help them I guess. I know sounds like a douchey thing to do, I don't agree with it but come on it's Activision what do you expect?[/QUOTE]

Saw that this morning while my maps were downloading. It kinda sucks.

[quote name='Trakan']I could have interpreted it wrong.

The maps are "up" but require a title update to actually play. Who knows when that will be out. Nothing but botched shit from MS.[/QUOTE]

The playlists are up but I tried for 30 mins to get into a match but it wouldn't actually start the game. Something is definitely up.

[quote name='Jek Porkins']I downloaded the maps, and the only 2 gametypes that are showing as double xp are the two new DLC ones. Sorry to everyone that was hoping otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this as well. :cry: The playlists are essentially all the modes wrapped up into one shell. While trying to connect to a game I saw that it offered SnD, Team Deathmatch, & Headquarters Pro. So I'm sure it's technically a "Stimulus Mosh Pit".

I thought I was gonna get the jump and DL it early to avoid the traffic, but it seems to be taking quite a while. Guess I'll play when I get home from work.

I love how my Live connection is fine yet I can't download a simple title update. First time this has ever happened and from the looks of it I'm one of the few affected by it. Ugh.

LOL @ Double XP only on the Stimulus maps. I'm glad I waited beforehand instead of prestiging. Now the only way I'll even consider buying the maps is a good sale or new game types forcing my hand.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I love how my Live connection is fine yet I can't download a simple title update. First time this has ever happened and from the looks of it I'm one of the few affected by it. Ugh.

LOL @ Double XP only on the Stimulus maps. I'm glad I waited beforehand instead of prestiging. Now the only way I'll even consider buying the maps is a good sale or new game types forcing my hand.[/QUOTE]

Major Nelson said there's going to be weirdness trying to download the update/maps.

He's going to update again in a half hour.

http://twitter.com/majornelson

lol @ how broken this game is... $15 for 2 old maps and 3 new ones and the game is still horrendously filled with glitches and hackers.. smh

xCappax, your post was breaking the thread. I had to delete it. Try posting it again just posting the link to youtube and without the youtube tags.

Man I wish I were rich...and these maps were on PS3. :lol:

Anyway, for those who got the update downloaded does anyone know what the OMA fix is? Very interested to find out.

I cant even get into a match on this and my buddy was trying to play gears of war 2 this morning and he can't get into a match on that either. it could be an entire xbox live problem

anyone know what the changes were to OMA?
I noticed they fixed the player interaction w/ the environment. Karachi and dereail elevators are patched & most barrier glitches are not working like in wastelands.

I am not 45 yet so i can't exactly check about OMA, Do you need to make 2 classes to spam the noob tube or will it never give u back any grenade launcher rounds. any input is greatly appreciated about it.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']i've got into several games fine. I was in the stimulus package playlist tho. I sort of wished they had TDM with the new maps tho.[/QUOTE]

they dont have team death match? well that kind of sucks. looks like im not getting them after all since thats all i really play.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']i've got into several games fine. I was in the stimulus package playlist tho. I sort of wished they had TDM with the new maps tho.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding, right? There's no TDM with the new maps? What the fuck. I'm not buying them, then.

bread's done
Back