Colorado CAG's?

[quote name='Xfactor19990']my classmate got a copy from GameForce, however i dont know where the hell that is[/QUOTE]

There was quite a few on the west side of town (Arvada, Westminster). The only one I'm aware of now is in Boulder. I'm pretty sure the one in Greeley is still there as well.

But my iPhone tells me there's also ones in Aurora and Highlands Ranch as well.

My Amazon order is in Shipping soon status and I don't feel like wasting gas or extra money to play it a day earlier. Plus I want to get slaughtered by those people that are 10th Prestige 55 already. :)

[quote name='Xfactor19990']o lol im confused what is cut throat just group play, like a big lan? That sounds awesome; you have a official website? Is it free?[/QUOTE]

The Colorado Cutthroat is an organization derived from the National Video Game Association. We hold video game events and tournaments throughout Colorado, some of which are free, yes. The COD:MW2 events and the Child's Play event are only some that are free (Child's Play does ask a $10 donation at the door). We also held the video game convention last July and hold many ranbats for competitive gamers who want to become professional gamers. Every event has prizes to be won, new games to play and most have tournaments with cash prizes. It is not a LAN group, no, sir!

Check http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/index.php for all the information!

[quote name='blk00civicsi']There was quite a few on the west side of town (Arvada, Westminster). The only one I'm aware of now is in Boulder. I'm pretty sure the one in Greeley is still there as well.

But my iPhone tells me there's also ones in Aurora and Highlands Ranch as well.

My Amazon order is in Shipping soon status and I don't feel like wasting gas or extra money to play it a day earlier. Plus I want to get slaughtered by those people that are 10th Prestige 55 already. :)[/QUOTE]

Every GameForce BUT the Aurora one closed a few months ago. :( I was a regular at the Highlands Ranch store, myself.

[quote name='blueweltall']Anyone got Modern Warfare 2 yet? I'm hoping to find a place that's selling it early today.[/QUOTE]

GameSource in Littleton should be. Call your local Gamestop and see if they got the go-ahead to sell. Certain stores around the country got the ok from Activision. PlayNTrade is another shop to call.

Sorry for the multi-posts!

[quote name='Ibaapzo']Every GameForce BUT the Aurora one closed a few months ago. :( I was a regular at the Highlands Ranch store, myself.[/QUOTE]

So the one in Boulder is closed right?! The one near that restaurant...I want to say Pizza place for some reason.

[quote name='Ibaapzo']Every GameForce BUT the Aurora one closed a few months ago. :( I was a regular at the Highlands Ranch store, myself.[/QUOTE]

Really? It's been a while since I shopped at one. I used to frequent the one in the King Soopers strip mall on 80th & Wads.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']So the one in Boulder is closed right?! The one near that restaurant...I want to say Pizza place for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it's a Pizza hut. I remember it being in a strip mall in the far back corner.

I'd say Dex needs to get they're shit together. They show 6 in Colorado. Gotta wonder if that Pueblo location really exists. :)

[quote name='Ibaapzo']GameSource in Littleton should be. Call your local Gamestop and see if they got the go-ahead to sell. Certain stores around the country got the ok from Activision. PlayNTrade is another shop to call.

Sorry for the multi-posts![/QUOTE]

Nobody got the go-ahead from Activision. GameStop is saying that so they're not fined or lose selling rights.

SOURCE

A new GameForce just opened about a week ago in Arvada on 64th and Sheridan. My brother was able to get a copy of MW2 from there on Saturday.

[quote name='Scareanoid']A new GameForce just opened about a week ago in Arvada on 64th and Sheridan. My brother was able to get a copy of MW2 from there on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Is it in the Fascinations strip mall or over by the Sonic? Kind of a bad place to put it with the Game Crazy in the Soopers parking lot.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Is it in the Fascinations strip mall or over by the Sonic? Kind of a bad place to put it with the Game Crazy in the Soopers parking lot.[/QUOTE]

It's in the Fascinations strip mall.

[quote name='Scareanoid']It's in the Fascinations strip mall.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I'll have to swing by and check out the digs. And pick up something at "Ace Hardware" ;)

[quote name='Scareanoid']A new GameForce just opened about a week ago in Arvada on 64th and Sheridan. My brother was able to get a copy of MW2 from there on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I'll have to check it out tomorrow. Thanks for posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone else mentioned it too, but I never go to the regional deals forum. Nice to see that CO has its own thread though. I'm in Aurora:)

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Really? It's been a while since I shopped at one. I used to frequent the one in the King Soopers strip mall on 80th & Wads.

Not sure if it's a Pizza hut. I remember it being in a strip mall in the far back corner. [/QUOTE]
Yeah, I went to 80th & Wads Gameforce too when it used to be there.

Yeah, it's the one in a strip in a far back corner. I know they had a lot of stuff including import titles. Anyone know if that one is still there or is it gone too?

[quote name='Scareanoid']It's in the Fascinations strip mall.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. I'll have to check tomorrow then when making a few quick rounds.

Hi, I'm up here by Hampdon and Yosemite, I havnt been here on my PC for a while, I will be around more, This is a great place to find more than you know, lol U DAAM CAG'S. HAHAHAH Glad to be around my people again :whee:

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Nobody got the go-ahead from Activision. GameStop is saying that so they're not fined or lose selling rights.

SOURCE[/QUOTE]

Oh, bad form. Joystiq had an article about Activision giving them the go-ahead here: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/08/select-gamestops-in-ny-oh-and-pa-selling-modern-warfare-2-alrea/ But it has an update attached to the article.

A new GameForce just opened about a week ago in Arvada on 64th and Sheridan. My brother was able to get a copy of MW2 from there on Saturday.

Awesome - I had no idea! Any clue who owns it?

Thank you to all who came out for the COD4:MW2 events! We have a big tournament this Saturday at the South Westwood campus. Ranbat Two features Halo 3, COD4:MW2, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Blaz Blue, and Smash Brothers tournaments. Come compete! All the info: http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatRanbat2.php

This tournament (ranbat two) doesn't have casual play like most ranbats because of the space that we have, by the way. BUT, the Kotaku Child's Play Charity Event (http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/KotakuChildPlay.php) and Holiday Bash (http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/Bash.php) have a mass of games to play casually if that's your style!

[quote name='Ibaapzo']Oh, bad form. Joystiq had an article about Activision giving them the go-ahead here: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/08/select-gamestops-in-ny-oh-and-pa-selling-modern-warfare-2-alrea/ But it has an update attached to the article.[/QUOTE]

Who's bad form here? You linked directly to the article I posted. The update is what I was getting at. Activision didn't give the go ahead. GameStop decided to jump the gun, in fear that Mom-N-Pop shops are going to steal all their business.

Either way - It's still a fun multiplayer experience. I want to get into the campaign this weekend.

Just got back from running some errands. Dropped by that GameForce out in Arvada in that shopping strip with the Ace Hardware and Fascinations. The location is okay I guess since near that small theater so might get business. First impressions are everything but this store didn't have much in terms of inventory. A few notable titles here and there but that's bout it.

I did talk to the guy running the place for a bit. Seems only 4 other GameForce are still active here in CO. The one in Aurora, Boulder, Longmont and newly opened Arvada location. Oh yeah, seems they had their copies of Modern Warfare 2 since last Wednesday and were selling them since then too. Guy just kind of dropped it out of nowhere as we were talking. Doesn't seem bad but I'll have to wait for their inventory to build. We'll see how they fare in that location.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Who's bad form here? You linked directly to the article I posted. The update is what I was getting at. Activision didn't give the go ahead. GameStop decided to jump the gun, in fear that Mom-N-Pop shops are going to steal all their business.

Either way - It's still a fun multiplayer experience. I want to get into the campaign this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Sorry - at the time I posted, I hadn't had time to read the link that you had posted. >.O Sorry, sorry! Bad form on Gamestop's part. Albeit, mom and pop stores often sell ahead of time, but the numbers couldn't be more than a small dent of their business.

I find it surprising that most people play the multiplayer first.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']so is it just me or is Game Force always breaking release dates, haha first MW2, Mario has been available for a few days.....[/QUOTE]

From my understanding, they sell as soon as they get said product. The underdog needs to make money by any means it seems.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']anyone attending kotaku event tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of swaying back and forth on the decision. On one hand, it's a school night and it's almost a certainty that I won't be allowed to miss any classes the next day. On the other hand, it looks like it would be fun and I see some things in the silent auction that I would bid on.

Yeah the number of gameforces around has died. I used to frequent the one in Englewood off of Broadway and the one in Highlands Ranch off of University. Those two are done now though.

The one in Aurora has the best selection of stuff granted most of it is at gouging prices.

Are there any other Buy Back Games in Denver? I have been to the one on Broadway and the one in Aurora off of 6th & Del Mar.

Also would like to get people's thoughts on Game Source and how good they are as well as their selection. I was going to hit a few up on my next trip to Denver.

Longmont also has a GameForce still and their prices really are not all that bad. Scored a SMT: Persona 3 guide for half the cover price :D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']
Are there any other Buy Back Games in Denver? I have been to the one on Broadway and the one in Aurora off of 6th & Del Mar.
[/QUOTE]

There's one in Arvada (Edgewater?) It's on Wads just south of I-70 on the right hand side (if heading south) across from the pepboys/big lots shopping center.

It's been a while since I've gone by there. Not sure if it's still open though.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']There's one in Arvada (Edgewater?) It's on Wads just south of I-70 on the right hand side (if heading south) across from the pepboys/big lots shopping center.

It's been a while since I've gone by there. Not sure if it's still open though.[/QUOTE]

It's still open and there. I frequently drop by from time to time during my toy hunts.

I live in Denver.

If anyone is hunting for deals, I've found that the local toys'r'us stores tend to have a lot of good ones; however, the good clearance items tend to go really fast, so it helps to be friendly with one of the people working at the store.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Are there any other Buy Back Games in Denver? I have been to the one on Broadway and the one in Aurora off of 6th & Del Mar.[/QUOTE]

The only one I know of that's still open is near 86th and I-25.

[quote name='Ibaapzo']For you who haven't heard, Kotaku, Child's Play, Death of the Arcade and the Colorado Cutthroat Connection are hosting a huge gaming event tonight. All proceeds go to the Child's Play charity. Come play Rock Band, DJ Hero and a slew of other games tonight for a good cause!

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/KotakuChildPlay.php[/QUOTE]
Man I just realized its near 5 points that's a bad part of town

I saw the post about the clearance items at TRU and was wondering how you all fair in getting stuff like Target Clearance and stuff. I dont live in Denver but visit quite often and I find some good stuff from time to time.

Just wondering what I am in for when I finally move back within the next year to 2 years. Did any of you make out well during the Best Buy $10 sale or the Hollywood Video $5 sale? Or were the hoarders out in full force?

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I saw the post about the clearance items at TRU and was wondering how you all fair in getting stuff like Target Clearance and stuff. I dont live in Denver but visit quite often and I find some good stuff from time to time.

Just wondering what I am in for when I finally move back within the next year to 2 years. Did any of you make out well during the Best Buy $10 sale or the Hollywood Video $5 sale? Or were the hoarders out in full force?[/QUOTE]

Target Clearance for me personally is hit or miss. Sometimes I'm able to find said item but other times not. Lately I've been keeping my eyes peeled out for stuff and doing weekly runs just so I don't miss out on anything big.

In terms of the BB $10 sale I only got three games. Wasn't bad but since that particular news was spread across the web one wasn't able to score the more note worthy games. I mean my buddy and I waited out in front for a few minutes before opening but then the crowd started to form. People chatting with one another bout the games they were going to get. I mean when the doors finally did open...it was a mad dash to game section right away. Boy were people hoarding like mad just grabbing what they could. My buddy and I were chatting about what games were on the list minding our own business but as soon as we drop a few names, nearby customers just snatch up said games. Didn't make out too bad but could have been better. This all happened at BB in Westminster. We quickly left ten minutes later and drove up to the Flat Irons BB. My bud was able to get a copy of Pure so good score for him. Later that day I checked Northglenn BB but that was a complete bust.

Now for Hollywood Video $5 deal....that was a hit or miss one for me too. Checked Thornton Hollywood. Nothing really worth noting but did pick up a few titles for GS trade in credit. Went to Commerce City one next since closest one at that point. Picked up a few for myself and whatever else for trade. Hit up Lakewood one...only found stuff for myself. Otherwise didn't make out too bad. Was able to get $70 in trade credit so it worked out. Honestly this sale was a waste of time since those remaining are few and far. Plus the stock just wasn't good at this point...none of the three were prepared for such a sale.

Otherwise, that's how I fare here in CO when I get a chance to hunt.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']Man I just realized its near 5 points that's a bad part of town[/QUOTE]

I didn't know it was a bad part of town... Kinda looked like it. I was cat-called a few times while driving through the town. Better than being shot at. :D

The event was awesome! It was smaller than last year, and I didn't doubt that attendance would be down (NDK was smaller, too). The economy plunge effected a lot of people.

Anydangway, if anyone's in the Colorado Springs area, we're teaming up with SPLAT, a PC lan-party shop to host a casual event on the 28th of this month:
http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/cutthroatsplat.php

Don't forget about the Holiday Bash, too! We'll be giving away tons of prizes, free food and one hell of a good time! It's casual play all day, so don't worry about getting plowed:
http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/bash.php

I Wouldn't say smaller then last year. Just a bigger venue is all, alot more kids under 18 then I first imagined based on all the X's on hand's, but forget that! Harmonix bought me and all my friend's all the drinks we wanted! Though they seemed a bit disappointed when they said that to us and majority of us asked for a Coke (as opposed to hard booze).

I Also made an ass of myself and told one of the Harmonix developers I thank him for being Asian and doing Rock Band so I don't feel so alone. Then we talked import cars. It was an awkward transition.

Oh and I realized tossing t-shirts at a crowd is HARDER then it looks. My friend tried tossing it straight and instead it somehow went vertically into the rafters. I Tossed it to one person and I tried tossing another and somehow my throw curved and went to that same person from before (or wrong way throw and it lands at abunch of people who weren't expecting it and freaking out). Other then that, talked to some gamers and I made one person's day because he asked if he could trade his GTA shirt for a Starfy one and I did. Good times, though Beatles: Rock Band sucks for those kinda settings...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ibaapzo']I didn't know it was a bad part of town... Kinda looked like it. I was cat-called a few times while driving through the town. Better than being shot at. :D

The event was awesome! It was smaller than last year, and I didn't doubt that attendance would be down (NDK was smaller, too). The economy plunge effected a lot of people.

Anydangway, if anyone's in the Colorado Springs area, we're teaming up with SPLAT, a PC lan-party shop to host a casual event on the 28th of this month:
http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/cutthroatsplat.php

Don't forget about the Holiday Bash, too! We'll be giving away tons of prizes, free food and one hell of a good time! It's casual play all day, so don't worry about getting plowed:
http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/bash.php[/QUOTE]
ya its considered well used to be the "ghetto"

The Best Buy in Colorado Springs on N. Academy has copies of Bayonetta (ps3 & 360) out for sale if anyone else is in a hurry.

bread's done
Back