Colorado CAG's?

Yeah, my friend has told me about some good finds in the Game Force Longmont location and their prices aren't outrageous. Plus if I remember right, he was also telling me awhile back that they had the Fist of the North Star fighting game for the PS2 import there as well that I was debating on getting.

Though my backlog is kinda forbidding me go and get more excuses to get more games.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Nice!!

Thanks for the heads up man. Will definitely stop there this weekend when I am down in Denver. :D I will also post my impressions of it after I go :)[/QUOTE]

Don't get too excited, you already know about that one. It's Level Up Gaming.

[quote name='Boomsta']Don't get too excited, you already know about that one. It's Level Up Gaming.[/QUOTE]

Oh that one is Level Up? I figured being all the way on 144th it would be located in Broomfield.

Damnit!! :bomb:

There's one out in Brighton. Not worth visiting though. They have a good selection but the prices are outrageous. For a new copy of Gun Valkyrie they want $40 last I checked. If you're interested and willing to make the drive then go ahead. They do have a decent selection. The place is called Game Trader Inc.

There's also the Franchise store 'Play N Trade' out in Arvada off of Kipling. I know they sale vintage stuff. Prices will vary. Not that great a selection though. Apparently there's one in Longmont as well. The one in Aurora closed down a while back (pretty sure the last time I was there, closed with nothing inside). Don't know if all of them sale older stuff but I know the one in Arvada does.

A few weeks back I was down at Colorado Mills Mall. Didn't realize that inside there's another video game store besides Gamestop. I believe it was called 'AZ Games'. I know they sale older games but wasn't too keen on the prices. Selection isn't great, too many multiples of certain titles, and I personally thought it was very unorganized since many of the titles weren't in alphabetical order when I was there.

Let's see....that's all the ones I know of that haven't been discussed yet.

Also, anyone happen to know if the Game Force in Boulder is still open?! That is probably the only store I've really ever been impressed by due to selection since they carried all sorts of import titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xfactor19990']scored PoP for $15, and Skate 3 for $20, in Coloradoat best buy 92nd and uh lol forgot other street[/QUOTE]
were those clearanced out?

[quote name='Xfactor19990']scored PoP for $15, and Skate 3 for $20, in Coloradoat best buy 92nd and uh lol forgot other street[/QUOTE]
92nd and Sherridan in Westminster I'm guessing?

Oh and Game Xplosion has a deal this week for buy 1 get 1 free on all PS2 and XBox games if anyone is interested.

I know I am a few weeks late on my impressions but here goes:

Game Xplosion (the one on 120th) - Great selection and for the most part pretty good prices. I traded in some garbage stuff and snagged a complete copy of Dragon Warrior II.

Game Force (Longmont) - Snagged Koudelka & Tecmo's Deception there. Traded in some shitty NES games and 2 good ones (Snake's Revenge & Ninja Gaiden). Didn't pay anything out of pocket

Game Xplosion (Aurora) - This one was a little out of the way. Went in and just like the other most of their prices were fair minus a few like (RAD on PS2 for $49.99?!?!?!). The selection was not as good.

Play N Trade (Longmont) - I made out like a bandit here. Purchased a nr mint Einhander for $20!! :D I was very happy about that.

As for my gamestop runs... managed to snag 2 complete Skies of Arcadia Legends on GC and found a lot of what I was looking for on the PSP. However my attempts to round out my PS2 library were for nothing. :bomb: Most things were incomplete, etc...

Personally I can't stand the Play N Trade in Longmont. I have had nothing but bad experiences there.

The GameForce in Longmont is great but if you are really looking for a hard to find game I'd have to recommend the Boulder Gameforce. Not always the cheapest used game store but they have the best selection I have ever seen there.

They are in the shopping center at the corner of 30th and Baseline, if you are interested.

You all should check out Level Seven, it has everything from nes to current gen. Only two stores so far, one on like zuni and alameda, the other on sheridan and jewell. Cool place.

I was thinking of compiling a list of Vintage Stores & your thoughts on them in a new thread. Not only for my reference but everyone else's. :)

What do you guys think? I will put the addy's, phone #s, and links if necessary to websites, etc... :D

More so was hoping for just a list in general of mom and pop game shops since I MUST pick up Rock Band 3 before launch. So any kind of list would be helpful when I go hunting.

[quote name='bardockkun']More so was hoping for just a list in general of mom and pop game shops since I MUST pick up Rock Band 3 before launch. So any kind of list would be helpful when I go hunting.[/QUOTE]

I will compile a list and try to get it up within the next few days then. I will have mom & pops up. I will seperate it into Denver Metro Area, Northern Colorado (Ft Collins, Greeley, Loveland, Longmont). I will include Boulder in the Denver section.

If we have anyone in Colorado Springs that can share some info and thoughts that would be great too. :)

Just a heads up for those who are interested, but GameXplosion in Broomfield is having a customer appreciation day this Saturday with Buy 2 get 1 and other things going on.

I tried Game Force Aurora. No go there. I know one of the guys that works there and I talked to him and he said no.

He told me to try Buy Back Games or Game Xplosion.

So how did the early copy hunt go? I'm kinda curious for future reference and I kinda wanted to go see yesterday as well, but was stuck at the anime con in a Rock Band competition. It was awkward...

No luck at anywhere in Aurora for me, but I just checked Target (Quincy) and Best Buy (both Mississippi and Cherry Creek) while I was out today.

So, went to the Play N Trade in Arvada (50-ish and Kipling, by the Target), and lo and behold, it's a Gamestop. When did this happen?

Awhile ago I think. Last time I was in the area Play N Trade closed. I think they didn't get enough business. Though another GS isn't that bad. Just another place to hunt when looking for a game.

I Know it's been quiet on here, but me and some friends are helping Kotaku organize a Fund Raiser to help out the Japanese Red Cross in the wake of the earthquake and tsunami.

Kotaku Fund Raiser for Japans Red Cross
Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom
2637 Welton St
Denver, CO
Thursday 3/24/11 6pm-12am
www.kotaku.com
18 and up

There will be prizes and giveaways through out the night long as you donate the bare minimum at the door (usually $10). Also Rock Band and DJ Hero on the main stage and many other games on the second floor. That and if possible, please spread the word out there as well about this.

bread's done
Back