Comedy Central's Thanx Give Away Wiikend With Codes

i'm a little confused by some of the word orders. are they in different order depending on where you live? for example, i live on the east coast, so does someone on the west coast get the same word as i do even though they're three hours behind? because if the word order is so important, that might screw some of us over:(

[quote name='silverjojo08']They haven't drawn for any of the prizes yet.[/quote]

Yeah, but when they do, it says that the drawings will only be of the contestants that ARE eligible. In other words, if the entry form for an hourly prize is based on contestants entering the code within the hour, then those of us entering the codes in bulk at the end of the day are NOT eligible.

[quote name='brokestudent']i'm a little confused by some of the word orders. are they in different order depending on where you live? for example, i live on the east coast, so does someone on the west coast get the same word as i do even though they're three hours behind? because if the word order is so important, that might screw some of us over:([/quote]

I've already brought this situation up a few posts back, but I haven't gotten any real answers. Theoretically speaking, codes should NOT be in the same order for each and everyone, unless what's being seen in the EAST coast is different from what is being aired in the WEST, which is doubtful. If I'm correct, codes are being given at the same time, but at different hours during the day depending on the time zone a contestant lives in. So everyone gets the same codes, just at a different placement. If it weren't this way, then people in the east(?) would be ahead of everyone else, which in a sense would mean they are living in the future? My head is about to explode.

Timezones are weird. But yes, the east coast gets normal programming 3 hours before the west coast. The only things that happen at the same time for everyone are live things like the Superbowl and sometimes awards shows. The codes should be in the same order for everyone, though. Just the times are different. Which would mean that there would be no time limit on the hourly prizes. Unless they did it by your home or IP address. But Viacom seems too lazy for that sort of thing.

[quote name='silverjojo08']Timezones are weird. But yes, the east coast gets normal programming 3 hours before the west coast. The only things that happen at the same time for everyone are live things like the Superbowl and sometimes awards shows. The codes should be in the same order for everyone, though. Just the times are different. Which would mean that there would be no time limit on the hourly prizes. Unless they did it by your home or IP address. But Viacom seems too lazy for that sort of thing.[/quote]

I do not believe this is true and here is why. When watching TV, during commercials/advertisement of shows/series, you are given two different times for when it will be shown (i.e 10/9 Central). So while being aired at 9 Central, elsewhere it is being aired at a different time due to the time zone. Feel free to correct me if I am absolutely wrong.

I don't think I quite understand your post, however. When you say "the only things that happen at the same time" you've lost me. Virtually, everything is happening at the same time. The only difference are our times due to time zones. Even during live broadcasts. Everyone will see it, but not everyone will be watching at the same hour. I did some quick researching and only discovered what I already suspected. Everything is being shown at the same time, but at a different hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, i think i understand, but i'm with you jast. i think if i try too hard to figure it out my head is going to explode, so i'm just going to go with the order the codes are posted on here, and if i don't win anything, then oh well. at least i tried! Thanks you two!

At 8pm EST, House is being shown on Fox on the east coast. But it is not showing on the west coast because it is only 5pm there. East coast(eastern time zone) and central time zone see House at 8 EST(7 CST) while the west coast(pacific time zone) would see it at 8 PST(9 MST, 10 CST and 11 EST). So yeah, it's kind of like the east coast is living in the future. But not reallly.

Here's how it'd work for Mountain (copied from Wikipedia):
TV broadcasting in the Mountain Time Zone is typically tape-delayed one hour, so that shows match the broadcast times of the Central Time Zone (i.e. prime time begins at 7:00 p.m. MT following the same order of programming as the other two time zones).

They would watch House at 7pm MST(8pm CST, 9pm EST). This is technically one hour after the east coast and central time zones have seen the episode.

Either way, there's probably not a time limit like you were saying because that seems like way too impractical. And they probably just would have had a phone number or something else if that were the case. But the codes should be in the same order for everyone.

The order matters. The order is the same for all time zones. Stop asking this ridiculous question. Comedy Central's programming for these 4 days was the same for everyone as it is all the time. Since the codes started at 11am EST then that code is the first on the list for the day. The shows all showed in the same order for everyone meaning all the codes appeared in the same order for everyone (regardless of time zone) so I have no idea why these ideas of time zones and tape delays are confusing anyone. Unless you live on the East Coast and watched some Comedy Central, then flew to a different time zone and started watching again, you would have seen the codes in the same order as anyone else.

[quote name='silverjojo08']At 8pm EST, House is being shown on Fox on the east coast. But it is not showing on the west coast because it is only 5pm there. East coast(eastern time zone) and central time zone see House at 8 EST(7 CST) while the west coast(pacific time zone) would see it at 8 PST(9 MST, 10 CST and 11 EST). So yeah, it's kind of like the east coast is living in the future. But not reallly.

They would watch House at 7pm MST(8pm CST, 9pm EST). This is technically one hour after the east coast and central time zones have seen the episode.

Either way, there's probably not a time limit like you were saying because that seems like way too impractical. And they probably just would have had a phone number or something else if that were the case. But the codes should be in the same order for everyone.[/quote]

Okay, that makes sense, somewhat. If this is the case, then most likely, like you have said, there is no time frame of when we had to enter the codes.

mjblink, you really don't need to be so rude. it was a fair question, and i definitely wasn't the only one asking it. i did see a word at a different time then the time that it was posted on here for, so i was just wondering.

Good luck wmachine, and thanks a ton for taking time out of your weekend to tape it for all of us and type up the codes!:)

[quote name='jast']Yeah, but when they do, it says that the drawings will only be of the contestants that ARE eligible. In other words, if the entry form for an hourly prize is based on contestants entering the code within the hour, then those of us entering the codes in bulk at the end of the day are NOT eligible.[/quote]
Um that is not a rule. Stop making up rules. It never said that entering all the codes at the end would automatically disqualify you.

[quote name='silverjojo08']At 8pm EST, House is being shown on Fox on the east coast. But it is not showing on the west coast because it is only 5pm there. East coast(eastern time zone) and central time zone see House at 8 EST(7 CST) while the west coast(pacific time zone) would see it at 8 PST(9 MST, 10 CST and 11 EST). So yeah, it's kind of like the east coast is living in the future. But not reallly.

Either way, there's probably not a time limit like you were saying because that seems like way too impractical. And they probably just would have had a phone number or something else if that were the case. But the codes should be in the same order for everyone.[/quote]

Interesting conversation...

But yeah, thanks to all for posting the codes! I hope at least ONE of us wins something!!! :applause: CAG FTW!!!:cold:

[quote name='jast']I do not believe this is true and here is why. When watching TV, during commercials/advertisement of shows/series, you are given two different times for when it will be shown (i.e 10/9 Central). So while being aired at 9 Central, elsewhere it is being aired at a different time due to the time zone. Feel free to correct me if I am absolutely wrong.

I don't think I quite understand your post, however. When you say "the only things that happen at the same time" you've lost me. Virtually, everything is happening at the same time. The only difference are our times due to time zones. Even during live broadcasts. Everyone will see it, but not everyone will be watching at the same hour. I did some quick researching and only discovered what I already suspected. Everything is being shown at the same time, but at a different hour.[/quote]

OK... first off, what he meant by "happening at the same time" is that live events, such as sports, is broadcast live. This would be 3 different broadcast times. i.e. Notre Dame vs USC kicked off at 5pm PST which is 8pm EST. Happening at one instance, but being broadcast at different times based on time zone.

With that said, the first thing you mentioned seems a bit off. Something that is broadcast a 10/9 Central will be broadcast at 10pm local time EST as well as 10pm local time PST. It will air at 9pm CST.

This is not a time zone issue. This is a demographic issue.

The networks intentionally broadcast earlier in the Central time zone based on statistics telling them that people tend to turn in earlier. You have to catch those viewers to make your advertisers happy.

For example, my DirecTV is set to EST broadcast, while my parents is set to PST broadcast. I can go to my parents house 3 hours later and watch the exact same show with the exception of live events or local channels.

As such, the first code broadcast at 11am EST was the same code broadcast at 11am CST as well as the same one broadcast at 11am PST.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Um that is not a rule. Stop making up rules. It never said that entering all the codes at the end would automatically disqualify you.[/quote]

I didn't make up any rules and that isn't what I said. What I said is that IF the hourly prizes had to have been entered WITHIN the hour, then those of us entering the codes at the end of the day would NOT be eligible. I don't even know how you were even able to take that outta context.

[quote name='Finnish_Fox']OK... first off, what he meant by "happening at the same time" is that live events, such as sports, is broadcast live. This would be 3 different broadcast times. i.e. Notre Dame vs USC kicked off at 5pm PST which is 8pm EST. Happening at one instance, but being broadcast at different times based on time zone.

With that said, the first thing you mentioned seems a bit off. Something that is broadcast a 10/9 Central will be broadcast at 10pm local time EST as well as 10pm local time PST. It will air at 9pm CST.

This is not a time zone issue. This is a demographic issue.

The networks intentionally broadcast earlier in the Central time zone based on statistics telling them that people tend to turn in earlier. You have to catch those viewers to make your advertisers happy.

For example, my DirecTV is set to EST broadcast, while my parents is set to PST broadcast. I can go to my parents house 3 hours later and watch the exact same show with the exception of live events or local channels.

As such, the first code broadcast at 11am EST was the same code broadcast at 11am CST as well as the same one broadcast at 11am PST.[/quote]

Of course it's happening at the same time, the fact that he said it threw me off. I just didn't know that different shows/series are aired at different times depending on time zones. I always thought that whatever you see now, others will be seeing the same thing around the U.S just at different times.

In conclusion; if everything is shown according to the time in a specific time zone, then I understand.

[quote name='Toke2Choke']I didnt win better luck next year I guess[/QUOTE]

Yep. Next year we need to get the codes up for each hour as soon as it's announced on TV instead of trying to submit them a day later all at once. Though the rules stated you could enter all at once, it contridicted itself in saying you need to entry them within that hour for that hourly prize.

bread's done
Back