Comic Book Discussion Thread (Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, Top Cow, IDW, Indy, etc)

I forgot to post my acquisitions before:

• Age of Apocalypse #4
• Agent Carter: S.H.I.E.L.D. 50th Anniversary #1
• Bizarro #4
• Black Canary #4
• Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier #11
• Captain America: White #1
• Guardians of Knowhere #4
• Harley Quinn #20
• House of M #3
• Infinity Gauntlet #4
• Lando #4
• Martian Manhunter #4
• Star Wars #9
• True Believers: She-Hulk #1
• True Believers: Thor #1

C4qFmJh.jpg

My pickup for this week:

Batman Day Free Comic #1

Inhumans Attilan Rising #5

Fury #1

True Believers  Princess Leia #1

True Believers Silk #1

20150923_150645_zpsu0yazfnw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's mine. I got Leia even though I already had the original. It will be the same with Squirrel Girl next week. I want to keep my True Believers collection complete.

• Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps #4
• Deadpool vs. Thanos #2
• Deathstroke #10
• Fury: S.H.I.E.L.D. 50th Anniversary #1
• Harley Quinn & Power Girl #4
• Inhumans: Attilan Rising #5
• Kanan #6
• True Believers: Princess Leia #1
• True Believers: Silk #1
• Years of Future Past #5

yYXLiI2.jpg

Batman day is tomorrow so if you're at Gamestop, Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, Hastings, Hot Topic, Spencer's, f.y.e, or at your local comic shop don't forget to pick up a free Batman Endgame Special  Edition comic. Stores are also suppose to have sales on Batman books and merchandise too.

Man... I just found out that Rocket Comics is closing. Last day open will be Halloween. They have a great staff and are located a few miles from my house. Now I'm going to have to go to the damn mall that's 20 minutes away.

Comixology has Batman Eternal vol. 1 and 2 for $3.99 each. That's 34 issues total. Jumped the fuck on that.

Man... I just found out that Rocket Comics is closing. Last day open will be Halloween. They have a great staff and are located a few miles from my house. Now I'm going to have to go to the damn mall that's 20 minutes away.
My condolences. I Kinda had the same problem when my comic shop was in the process of moving and the nearest shop was about 15 miles away.

Yes it is, blueweltall. I usually only go to the other place in the mall when Rocket Comics is sold out of something. Hopefully I can get a pull list discount at this other place like I have now.

That's an incredible deal for Batman Eternal, but I still hate reading comics digitally. But I've really been wanting to read that series (I think the final volume releases in a few months) and start buying Batman & Robin Eternal when I begins its run.

That's an incredible deal for Batman Eternal, but I still hate reading comics digitally. But I've really been wanting to read that series (I think the final volume releases in a few months) and start buying Batman & Robin Eternal when I begins its run.
I Rarely buy comics digitally as well but, I read the first 6 or so issues or so when it was first coming out. It's definitely one of those weekly comics that you feel are just stretching it to make it weekly (looking at you Countdown). For $8 for more than half the series I say it's worth the risk to just go with that.

Here's my pick up for this week, they were shorted True Believers Squirrel Girl so I wasn't able to pick that up:

Batman Annual #4

Justice League #44

X-Men '92 #4

S.H.I.E.L.D. #10

The Cavalry #1

True Believers Spider-Woman #1

20150930_164429_zpsollohi8b.jpg

Gotham was great. I like the joker, but I wish they waited for his accident for him to really embrace it.
So is it official? Is that kid really a young Joker? I always thought he was someone very similar but will turn out not to be the same person.

But then again the show has taken liberties with many characters backstories. But I always thought there was a rule that you don't mess with Joker's origin no matter the medium. Even the Killing Joke left it up in the air with his whole "multiple choice" comment.

So is it official? Is that kid really a young Joker? I always thought he was someone very similar but will turn out not to be the same person.

But then again the show has taken liberties with many characters backstories. But I always thought there was a rule that you don't mess with Joker's origin no matter the medium. Even the Killing Joke left it up in the air with his whole "multiple choice" comment.
Most likely he is.
He is still going by Jerome, but now he is doing the joker laugh and the expected mannerisms and he had a magnum six shooter. Also I believe this season revealed Harley Quinn too, but she could be a misdirection.

What was the Joker's origin? The one shown in the 1989 Batman movie right? The kid playing Jerome is actually quite good at the role, even if we don't have a Batman to fight him. I wouldn't be surprised if Gotham ends up as good as Agents of Shield has become. However, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a burst of greatness in a pool of crappiness by Bruno Heller.  I know this show basically chews up the Batman mythos and spits it out, but that's why we have the best Batman shows of all time on DVD. After all these decades, it would be nice to see something different on screen. I mean come on, look at what New 52 did. Gotham does feel like a wait and see situation.

There's no real definitive Joker origins but the most common one that many writers has adapted to was the story from the Killing Joke. I don't remember the 1989 Batman to well but I think his origin story was similar to the Killing Joke as well. I personally don't like Gotham, I think it's a terrible show. I thought it started out good at the beginning of the first season but it just got terrible as the show went on.

I like Gotham but don't love it. It plays out more like cop drama similar to NCIS. I don't particularly like those types of shows. It does have the Batman mythos attached to it so it's easier to enjoy.

I just watched the second episode of this season and thought it was better than the first episode. I am hoping the second season can turn it around like Agent of Shield. I hope they will kill of the Barbara character soon. She's what's keeping the show down and her character development is just terrible. 

I just watched the second episode of this season and thought it was better than the first episode. I am hoping the second season can turn it around like Agent of Shield. I hope they will kill of the Barbara character soon. She's what's keeping the show down and her character development is just terrible.
But
she is Harlequin...or at least they want us to believe she is. Did you notice the red gloves? It almost seems like they are hitting us over the head with it though.

Random thought. If they ever had "John Amon" from the izombie comics on the TV show, I think the junkie kid from fear the walking dead would be a good to play him.

But
she is Harlequin...or at least they want us to believe she is. Did you notice the red gloves? It almost seems like they are hitting us over the head with it though.
I already sense that they might go that direction or wantus to believe there's a chance with the trailer they released a month ago and I still want her dead. Her character is annoying and very pointless especially in season 1 and also so far in season 2 as well. I think they just keep her around so she can make out with other actress to keep the viewership rating high with the teenage demographic.

Random thought. If they ever had "John Amon" from the izombie comics on the TV show, I think the junkie kid from fear the walking dead would be a good to play him.
John Amon is in the tv show, he's just called Blaine DeBeers. I mean, sucking the souls out of people or harvesting their organs? That's pretty villainous.

I signed up for a $5 a month membership at the comic store in the mall since I will be going there for the foreseeable future. Seemed like a decent deal with how many books I purchase each week. Here are the perks. Not sure why bag and board is listed since they've always bagged and boarded my previous purchases:

Monthly Previews Catalog
Monthly Marvel Previews Catalog
Monthly Order Form
20% discount on all new comic releases. (excluding tier variants)
Choice of standard comic cover or subscription variant. (where applicable)
Free bag and board for each comic purchased. (excluding $1.00 comics)
10% discount on all action figures and figurines.
10% discount on comic and card supplies.
10% discount on packaged trading card game products.
Head-of-Line for Sneak Peeks, Previews, and Prereleases.
Head-of-Line for Free Comic Book Day and Halloween Comic Fest.

That's actually a pretty good deal. Especially the 20% discount, free bag and board, Monthly previews, and choose of variant. I wish my store offer something like that.

Yeah the stores don't discount around here anymore. In the 90s I would get 30% off of all comics, so I collected about 20 titles. IDK how kids can afford comics now.

I forgot to share my picture and list of purchases from Friday. Catalogs are included:

• Captain America: White #2
• Cavalry: S.H.I.E.L.D. 50th Anniversary #1
• Ghostbusters Get Real #4
• Inferno #5
• Justice League #44
• M.O.D.O.K. Assassin #5
• S.H.I.E.L.D. #10
• True Believers: Spider-Woman #1
• True Believers: Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1
• X-Men '92 #4

0piqbWS.jpg

Here's is my pickup for this week:

Amazing Spider-Man #1

Invincible Iron Man #1

Secret Wars #6

Injustice #11

We Stand on Guard #4

True Believers Squirrel Girl #1

I was tempted to pick up Batman and Robin Eternal too but I stopped myself since I still haven't read all my Batman Eternal TPB yet.

20151007_153942_zpsjeinobls.jpg

Here's what I got this week:

• All-New All-Different Marvel Point One #1
• Amazing Spider-Man #1
• Avengers #0
• Batman and Robin Eternal #1
• Contest of Champions #1
• Cyborg #3
• Darth Vader #10
• Doctor Strange #1
• Groot #5
• Invincible Iron Man #1
• Lando #5
• Marvel Super Hero Spectacular #1
• Midnighter #5
• Old Man Logan #5
• Paper Girls #1
• Secret Wars #6
• Siege #4
• Star Wars #10
• Star Wars: Shattered Empire #2
• Telos #1
• What If: Infinity Inhumans #1
• What If: Infinity Thanos #1

mtouQvZ.jpg

Yeah, my previous record was 15 new issues in 1 week. That's 22 there, with several of them being lengthier than the average comic. But what can I say? I'm hooked.

Anyone here interested in Paper Girls? It's a Brian K. Vaughan series that has received lots of hype recently. I'll probably crack open that one tomorrow...

Anyone here interested in Paper Girls? It's a Brian K. Vaughan series that has received lots of hype recently. I'll probably crack open that one tomorrow...
Greetings from NYCC.

Image s super hard pushing Paper Girls here. I spent a good amount of the weekend trying to get my first few Saga issues signed by Brian K Vaughn at the Paper Girls signing but it didn't work out (not even close to enough wrist bands to go around).

I'll probably get it digitally next week or something.

My pick up:

Batman #45
Civil War #5

20151014_145712_zpsd7yidgta.jpg
Ah, I see it was a light week for you as well. Here are my lucky 21:

• A-Force #5
• Batman & Robin Eternal #2
• Captain America: Sam Wilson #1
• Captain America: White #3
• Chewbacca #1
• Civil War #5
• Deadpool vs. Thanos #3
• Guardians of the Galaxy #1
• Harley Quinn #21
• Justice League of America #4
• Marvel Zombies #4
• Ms. Marvel #19
• New Avengers #1
• Spider-Gwen #1
• Spider-Man 2099 #1
• Starfire #5
• Star Trek/Green Lantern #4
• Star Wars: Shattered Empire #3
• Superman: Lois & Clark #1
• Uncanny Avengers #1
• What If? Infinity X-Men #1

zV1QN7i.jpg

Yes, but I don't usually get this many. My previous max before last week was 15. Average was 10-12. I normally try to set aside a short amount of quiet time each day in which to read 2-3 issues. If they're quicker reads, sometimes it'll be 3-4.

So for those who went to New York Comic Con tickets, was thinking of going next year and was wondering about when do tickets go on sale and how far do they sell out.

bread's done
Back