Comic Book Discussion Thread (Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, Top Cow, IDW, Indy, etc)

Is anyone interested in Civil War 2? I have event fatigue at the moment. The last few years its been Avengers vs. X-men, Phoenix Saga, Red Skull Onslaught, the just finished Pleasant Hill and then into Secret Wars. Pleasant Hill was kind of disappointing. Seemed like there were pretty much no ramifications from it. Not even anything small like Evil Iron-Man and the new nice Sabretooth.

Is anyone interested in Civil War 2? I have event fatigue at the moment. The last few years its been Avengers vs. X-men, Phoenix Saga, Red Skull Onslaught, the just finished Pleasant Hill and then into Secret Wars. Pleasant Hill was kind of disappointing. Seemed like there were pretty much no ramifications from it. Not even anything small like Evil Iron-Man and the new nice Sabretooth.
Pleasant Hill was okay but the new Thunderbolts and young steve rogers came out of that crossover

I'm excited about Civil War II. Been ordering all the main series issues plus every "Civil War: (Insert Name Here)" tie-in miniseries. In regard to tie-in stories contained within existing ongoing series, I will only be buying those seried which are already on my pull list. Sorry, Nova!

Pleasant Hill was okay but the new Thunderbolts and young steve rogers came out of that crossover
Oh yeah - I forgot a bout magically young Steve again. I did enjoy old Steve for a bit though. It was only a matter of time before young Steve came back, and what better way than sentient magic space cube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah - I forgot a bout magically young Steve again. I did enjoy old Steve for a bit though.
Did anyone else notice, in the Standoff Omega/finale issue's epilogue, there was one single panel where Steve was drawn as an old man even though he'd already become young again?

Not excited about Civil War 2...just going to keep what i'm currently reading that touches it and getting the main event and the x-men one only. Looks to be a lot of fluff honestly, esp those choosing sides ones, but some like the amazing spider-man (would be reading but dropped it before the event....just not my cup of tea) and possibly x-men might be more impactful than some of them. 

Anyone planning to pick up the DC Rebirth tomorrow night? Comics book stores are allowed to sell them at midnight and you can also pick up your Marvel books that night too.

I tried googling Rebirth to see what is really up with it.

On the smaller scale - I want to know what is changing (I see Detective Comics and Action Comics are going back to the old numbering)

I mostly read Batman and Batman related stuff. Is the Batman-verse going to keep the New 52 characters - like Court of Owls, Bloom, etc. as canon?

I did read that Terry McGinnis form Batman Beyond is back. That is good because I didn't like him being killed off.

I wished you put those in a spoiler tags. I would have like to find out about it myself once I read it tonight. Not cool, that's pretty messed up. Thanks for killing all the excitement.

I wished you put those in a spoiler tags. I would have like to find out about it myself once I read it tonight. Not cool, that's pretty messed up. Thanks for killing all the excitement.

That does suck, but thank you for saying something. Luckily, opening the thread took me right to your post and I didn't see any spoilers as a result. Guessing it had to do with Rebirth. I've had to avoid reading the usual comic sites the past few days due to all the spoilers going around.

Apologies. I removed it.

I was googling rebirth today to see what was up with it and didn't think it was much of a spoiler since it was on all the comic/sci fi sites (Gizmodo, io9, tech times, etc. etc.). Kind of like how a certain character is supposed to die soon like this month.

That was indeed a massive spoiler. Some of us avoid those sites on purpose because they post spoilers all the time. I am not even sure why you think it would be okay to post that without a spolier tag when those website even said they are full spoilers and warn you about them too.

Here is my pickup from last night, mostly backlog pickup:

Batman #52

Black Panther #2

Civil War II #0

DC Rebirth #1

Justice League #50

Invincible Iron Man #9

Old Man Logan #6

Preacher Free Special #1

20160525_011400_zps3y5rytyg.jpg

Speaking of spoilers (none in this post), fucking every major media outlet in the country seems to be happy to spoil the ending of Captain America: Steve Rogers #1. It's even the #1 trending topic on Twitter and Facebook. That shit was getting posted before my local comic store even opened. Thanks a lot, news media.

As dumb as I think Rebirth is, I definitely don't like the direction Captain America is going. I guess when running out of ideas it is just time to go to random absurd things. After a while it will just go back to normal. It will be something like all-powerful magic space cube that made him young again mistakenly messed up - don't worry we can make it all good again.

My problem with all of Johns stuff is that every time he brings back a character (or this time characters) is that there is no long term plans for them after he's finished his story. Barry Allen's return was meaningless in that he's the most BORING CHARACTER when compared to Wally West whom has grown and developed. Kyle Rayner got pushed to the back burner for the longest time once Hal came back. So after finishing Rebirth I got to question already how long before they're given basically the Wildstorm characters treatment.

Also I felt SUPER depressed realizing how nerdy I am by figuring out the twist to Rebirth after the first page.

Ugg I need to wait to read rebirth and Captain America Steve. That's the pains of doing the DCBS monthly order, though I have it ship twice monthly. I should get those next week. I am already thinking of dropping the other Captain America Sam comic, so hopefully I wont be dropping both.

Speaking of spoilers (none in this post), fucking every major media outlet in the country seems to be happy to spoil the ending of Captain America: Steve Rogers #1. It's even the #1 trending topic on Twitter and Facebook. That shit was getting posted before my local comic store even opened. Thanks a lot, news media.
Hahaha, I just Googled this and wow, I'm glad I stopped reading Marvel. You know that shit is gonna get reverted back to the status quo in a year anyway.

Blah blah blah Cosmic Cube. I honestly thought Ultimate Captain America usurped Earth-616's role in yet another body snatching incident. But this makes sense. I'm not sure if it's spoilers, considering it's all speculation.
The only thing I got from that article is whoever is drawing Thunderbolts, didn't get the message that no one should take their style after Rob Liefield. Holy shit...

So I got the comixology trial . The 7 day one.  

I still finished G.i. Joe origins and i'm about to finish the Snake eyes: agent of Cobra tonight.

Which one should I read next ?

G.I. Joe

A real American hero

Special missions

I know there's a few others on the list like some type of civil war with cobra i think?

Those Rebirth one-shots sure does have a lot of advertisement. It only took me about 10 mins or less to finish Batman Rebirth #1.

I've been getting my comics every 2 weeks lately, so I haven't been posting pics in here. Still catching up and won't be picking these up til next week, but here's what's in my pull box from today:

• A-Force #6
• All-New All-Different Avengers #10
• All-New Wolverine #9
• Amazing Spider-Man #13
• Batman Rebirth #1
• Civil War II #1
• Contest of Champions #9
• Deadpool #13
• Green Arrow Rebirth #1
• Invincible Iron Man #10
• Moon Knight #3
• Old Man Logan #7
• Paper Girls #6
• Power Rangers Pink #1
• Punisher #2
• Spider-Man 2099 #11
• Spider-Women Omega #1
• Superman Rebirth #1
• Superman: The Coming of the Supermen #1
• Timely Comics: Carnage #1
• Walking Dead #155
• X-Men '92 #4

Just had to share this variant set i just got today! Hehe! Its the beyond comics exclusive variant set by Ed Benes!

36e5f068ca0d2471cd05c3f99b57f661.jpg

Those Rebirth one-shots sure does have a lot of advertisement. It only took me about 10 mins or less to finish Batman Rebirth #1.
My exact sentiments man! I even bought the variant cover without browsing through the pages untili got home to find out it was short book! Sheesh! But it did got me excited for the next issue nonetheless! Just wished i only bought one copy! Oh well!

What comic catalog app/program do you guys recommend? Im trying CLZ Comics right now for the iphone and seems nice! Its free for 100 books but makes you purchase packs to increase the limit. Any other recommendations?

So I been reading a lot of the Walking Dead, all the way to book 10, and you were right about Andrea. She's probably my favorite character in the comic series and it is a real shame how they handled her in the show.

You can say that about alot of things and how they're handled in the show versus comic. And as much as I love Kirkman's writing in his comics, that man is dumb as bricks to criticize George RR Martin for letting Game of Thrones overtake the books because all the fake out deaths and dragged out stories and reality show level dragged out cliffhanger teasers are more reason I'm glad I quit The Walking Dead as a show. The comic is slow enough as is (which is fine), but as a TV show it just doesn't work especially when they have to go out of their way to not overtake the comic.

Damn, I missed out on the Batman #1 Turner variant because I thought it was a variant from last week variant and not the actual Batman Tim King #1. Now it's going for a crazy price on ebay, about $200 for a set. I think it just the beginning hype and it will die down though.

Damn, I missed out on the Batman #1 Turner variant because I thought it was a variant from last week variant and not the actual Batman Tim King #1. Now it's going for a crazy price on ebay, about $200 for a set. I think it just the beginning hype and it will die down though.
For some reason i passed on buying those! They actually started selling it on may 31st even though it was suppose to only be on sale starting june 1. I had the set in my cart but just didnt pull the trigger. I think it was $36 for the set! Oh well.

hey, guys, quick question is Civil War 2 worth reading? because i heard a review on youtube and the bases of the storyline sounded stupid, but i will like to hear more opinion of it. 

Any of you guys want to throw their 2 cents? 

hey, guys, quick question is Civil War 2 worth reading? because i heard a review on youtube and the bases of the storyline sounded stupid, but i will like to hear more opinion of it.

Any of you guys want to throw their 2 cents?
Only read the free comic preview, but I think like all Bendis crossovers that he writes, it starts good or has a good premise (or in this case...neither), but falls apart in the end. I See this as being no different because he has yet to prove me wrong with any major event he's involved in.

Only read the free comic preview, but I think like all Bendis crossovers that he writes, it starts good or has a good premise (or in this case...neither), but falls apart in the end. I See this as being no different because he has yet to prove me wrong with any major event he's involved in.
That's exactly what i was thinking. I see this storyline ending to be a cop out with iron man winning (again).

My pickup for this week:

Aquaman Rebirth #1
Flash Rebirth #1
Wonder Woman #1
Detective Comics #934
Invincible Iron Man #10
Old Man Logan #7

20160608_162039_zpstbn2v1yo.jpg
Howa the flash and wonderwoman? My comic book store got shorted on their order so im getting my copies on friday. Bummer!

I really liked the Flash, the story and artwork was great. Wonder Woman was just alright to me since there wasn't that much story going on yet. The artwork in WW was a little bit weird too because there were multiple different artists working on it and you can really tell. I think the last artist, Sharp, at the end was the best one. I think it has potential to be very good going foward because of Rucka, Scott, and Sharp working on it.

So far I think the Rebirth is really good and I think my comic book shop is having a hard time keeping the rebirth in-stock for at least one week already.

Flash 1 read more like Rebirth number 2.  Not complaining at all; I freaking loved it.  Now let's see what they do with Hawkman and Donna Troy.  

Whoops... forgot to share what I got this week:

• Action Comics #957
• Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. #6
• All-New X-Men #10
• Black Canary #12
• Birthright #16
• Civil War II: Amazing Spider-Man #1
• Civil War II: Gods of War #1
• Daredevil #8
• Darth Vader #21 (Action Figure Variant)
• Deadpool & The Mercs for Money #1
• Detective Comics #934
• Flash Rebirth #1
• Guardians of the Galaxy #9
• Harley Quinn & Her Gang of Harleys #3
• Howard the Duck #8
• New Avengers #12
• Poe Dameron #3
• Star Trek: Manifest Destiny #4
• Thunderbolts #2
• Venom: Space Knight #8
• Vision #8
• Wonder Woman Rebirth #1

ZHyOXlN.jpg

There's going to be a midnight release for Civil War II #3 at most local comic shop. A major character is supposedly going to get killed.

I'm just not excited for Civil War 2....I am reading it but just can't get into it. Must be event fatigue....or that it seems like a stupid event in the first place (this is my vote).

bread's done
Back