CompUSA Liquidation starts today - 10-30% off - Complete List Inside

Tirade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw over on SD that the CUSA stores are starting liquidation today.

Prices are starting at 20-40% (eventually going to 90%) off and each store can have a different discount amount. No more returns after today so "try it before you buy it" on electronics. Apparently service plans are still being sold and will be honored.

I'll add a 2nd post so we can update what stores are offering what.

Goodluck!

Edit: According to the liquidation list I posted below, Video game Hardware and Software is starting at 10% off and startegy guides are 20% off.

I *might* drive up to the MD location when it reaches 40-50 % off. It would take me an hour or so to get up there so I don't want to waste my time and gas on this unless it's worth the trip.

it would be nice to get Vista business or ultimate for 50% off retail. Hell I still have Vista Home Premium from the last Compusa Closeout here in VA that I haven't installed yet.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Sucks :(

I thought they close before Year-End..?[/QUOTE] I believe I read they shall be all done by Febuary...

the liquidators are going to milk this dead cow for as long as they can.

Driving an hour to get up there is one thing, but the traffic coming back is going to kill me.

[quote name='ITDEFX']it would be nice to get Vista business or ultimate for 50% off retail. Hell I still have Vista Home Premium from the last Compusa Closeout here in VA that I haven't installed yet.[/quote]Keep in mind that the OEM versions of those are $150 & $170 all the time. I was excited for this sale at first but it sounds like nobody has gotten anything close to a good deal yet. I may never even go down there at this rate.

[quote name='Archon29']Keep in mind that the OEM versions of those are $150 & $170 all the time. I was excited for this sale at first but it sounds like nobody has gotten anything close to a good deal yet. I may never even go down there at this rate.[/QUOTE]

the OEM versions have no support from MS correct? Meaning I can't call them for any technical support correct? but I am assuming I will still get free patches and service pack updates correct? I don't ever call MS for anything..their support is useless to begin with anyways.

Anyways.....did anyone see this?

http://consumerist.com/338276/compusa-liquidation-scam-double-the-price-then-knock-off-15

Hit the local CompUSA up earlier

and snagged nothing, the liquidation prices suck, but it is amazing how much stuff is gone with the stupid prices.

Discounts of note that I noticed while there(they are advertising everything 10 to 30% off on the radio, what a joke)

Xbox, Playstation, Wii, etc. games, accessories etc. 10%
Tvs 15%
Monitors 10%
Power Supplies 25%
PC Cases 20%
Processors and Motherboards 20%
Mac laptops and PC laptops 5%
Home theater furniture 20%
Sound and Video Cards 10%
Hard Drives 10%
Printers 10%
Software 15%

[quote name='ITDEFX']I *might* drive up to the MD location when it reaches 40-50 % off. It would take me an hour or so to get up there so I don't want to waste my time and gas on this unless it's worth the trip.[/quote]

Gas is actually cheaper in Laurel, MD which is on the way to Columbia, MD where the CompUSA is. There is a Shell station right on Route 198 about a 1/2 mile from 95 where the gas is typically .15-.20 cents cheaper than the average Mont./Fairfax Co. prices.

[quote name='thebob101']Gas is actually cheaper in Laurel, MD which is on the way to Columbia, MD where the CompUSA is. There is a Shell station right on Route 198 about a 1/2 mile from 95 where the gas is typically .15-.20 cents cheaper than the average Mont./Fairfax Co. prices.[/QUOTE]

hey thanks for the heads up... gas dropped a bit but not much :( I am projecting that it will be worth going sometime late January.

[quote name='joey791']Hit the local CompUSA up earlier

and snagged nothing, the liquidation prices suck, but it is amazing how much stuff is gone with the stupid prices.

Discounts of note that I noticed while there(they are advertising everything 10 to 30% off on the radio, what a joke)

Xbox, Playstation, Wii, etc. games, accessories etc. 10%
Tvs 15%
Monitors 10%
Power Supplies 25%
PC Cases 20%
Processors and Motherboards 20%
Mac laptops and PC laptops 5%
Home theater furniture 20%
Sound and Video Cards 10%
Hard Drives 10%
Printers 10%
Software 15%[/quote]

Exactly the same at my store. I went in earlier today and was out in 2 minutes. They've been at 10% on most everything for about 2 weeks now. I can't get over the crap they've actually sold though. An entire section was clear come this morning.

They've marked up quite a few things since they went on "sale". I noticed that they no longer have anymore "clearance" games (that were b1g1 or 50% off each) a few weeks ago.

I personally can't wait for them to go under.

[quote name='ITDEFX']hey thanks for the heads up... gas dropped a bit but not much :( I am projecting that it will be worth going sometime late January.[/quote]

If you actually take a drive down Route 1 you can find all kinds of cheap gas. There is a swap meet on Route 175 (down the street from CompUSA) on Saturdays and Sundays where you can find all kinds of vintage game stuff. Sometimes you can find new games on the cheap as well.

[quote name='thebob101']If you actually take a drive down Route 1 you can find all kinds of cheap gas. There is a swap meet on Route 175 (down the street from CompUSA) on Saturdays and Sundays where you can find all kinds of vintage game stuff. Sometimes you can find new games on the cheap as well.[/QUOTE]

hmm I might just check it out. cheap as in good gas or just good gas that's cheap?

[quote name='ITDEFX']

http://consumerist.com/338276/compusa-liquidation-scam-double-the-price-then-knock-off-15[/quote]

Back a month or two ago when they were supposed to have "Up to 50% off" on games, I noticed them doing the same thing. I remember looking at the signs they put up on the shelves indicating the price drops, and which games were on sale, and Call of Duty 3 for the Xbox 360 was listed as "59.99, 50% off to 29.99" when the game was 29.99 or LESS everywhere else. I noticed it on a couple of other games, but I wasn't sure what their prices were, but $15-$20 on old PSP sports games just didn't seem right. A friend of mine used to work at said CompUSA and said they used to be douches about a lot of stuff.

CompUSA was only good when they had a cheap wireless router or spindle of blank media on sale on their website. Basically, if you didn't know what you already wanted when going into CompUSA, then chances are whatever you were buying was going to be over priced.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Exactly the same at my store. I went in earlier today and was out in 2 minutes. They've been at 10% on most everything for about 2 weeks now. I can't get over the crap they've actually sold though. An entire section was clear come this morning.[/quote]

Was in two stores yesterday. Both still had a fair amount of merchandise left, including games, but the Xbox 360 accessories were decimated... at 10% off. :lol:

[quote name='gantt']Was in two stores yesterday. Both still had a fair amount of merchandise left, including games, but the Xbox 360 accessories were decimated... at 10% off. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Same here. Pretty much all video game accessories were gone.

I pretty much walked in, walked out. Same discount, and not a lot of stuff gone. Even with some of the 15% discounts I could still get things cheaper online. Wake me up when it's 20% and up.

[quote name='ITDEFX']the OEM versions have no support from MS correct? Meaning I can't call them for any technical support correct? but I am assuming I will still get free patches and service pack updates correct? I don't ever call MS for anything..their support is useless to begin with anyways.

http://consumerist.com/338276/compusa-liquidation-scam-double-the-price-then-knock-off-15 [/quote]

Someone call the WHAAAAAAAMBULANCE for the writer of that Consumerist column, who has obviously never been to a store closing sale and witnessed the marked up prices on EVERYTHING. Do people expect the closing stores or their liquidators to LOSE money by raising the %'s off quickly or by keeping the current MSRP of each item in the store.

Price jacking happens at store closing sales, the person who wrote the column on the Consumerist had best get used to it, since it's NOT going to change.

These store closing sales favor the morons who think 10% off normal MSRP is a steal of a deal, not those of us true cheapasses. This is why I don't even get excited at the prospect of going to a store closing sale, since I've been there and done that.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Someone call the WHAAAAAAAMBULANCE for the writer of that Consumerist column, who has obviously never been to a store closing sale and witnessed the marked up prices on EVERYTHING. Do people expect the closing stores or their liquidators to LOSE money by raising the %'s off quickly or by keeping the current MSRP of each item in the store.

Price jacking happens at store closing sales, the person who wrote the column on the Consumerist had best get used to it, since it's NOT going to change.

These store closing sales favor the morons who think 10% off normal MSRP is a steal of a deal, not those of us true cheapasses. This is why I don't even get excited at the prospect of going to a store closing sale, since I've been there and done that.[/QUOTE]

hehe...

Your right on that...but the best deals are on the stuff that are usually never on sale like stuff that is stuck at MSRP...for example gaming systems, operating systems (windows), IPODS (unless discontinued) and so on. Getting Vista home for 40% MSRP was a great deal...however closer examination of the receipt indicated that it was actually 30% off so I went back the next day..now it was 50% off. I showed the liquidator the numbers and he agreed it was a glitch and told the cashier to do a refund and rebuy (so the system DOES do refunds even though the signs say no refunds). Instead of giving me the 40% off, they gave me the 50% off :) Later I realized that I could use Windows Business edition as well so i went back and all copies of windows were sold :O
Management said sometime after I left, two guys came in with 2 grand in cash and bough all there copies of windows. Holy fuck! Last time I check they had like 5 copies of each OS versions. They either sold it on Ebay/CL or tried to return it for store credit at other places.

I've learned to be patient and not go too far for a closing sale or if I do, I wait till one of the last weeks and have someone I know from that area scope out the store for me to tell me what is left.

Although, the local Movie Gallery that went out of biz here about 2 months ago was great. It was midway between two major cities here and easy to go back and forth to numerous times. Plus, a couple of the clerks gave me hints as to when the store would close, so I came in the week prior and bought alot of stuff for 50% or more off.

The last week they were open, I snagged about 5-7 Xbox games for $2 each, plus some DVDs for $1-1.50 each. Mind you, many of the box sets got picked apart, leaving behind incomplete copies, so I left those.

It's definitely good to go during the last couple weeks of a closing sale, since that's when you get the best deals, assuming anything is left that is.

I stopped by the one in Richmond on Wednesday. Complete waste of time, and I won't bother going back. Oddly, no strategy guides and 2 of the racks of console games were empty even though the they are only 10% off.

One by me currently raised the discount to 15% off everything. But I have noticed that alot of there merchandise has gone up in price. I am just more interested in waiting for the prices on microsd cards and apple airport extreme to be available at a reasonable price.

I wasted my time walking in this store....Is the going out of business sale to get rid of everything or to show the public why they are going out of business??? Those "deals" were a joke...

[quote name='Apostle22']I wasted my time walking in this store....Is the going out of business sale to get rid of everything or to show the public why they are going out of business??? Those "deals" were a joke...[/quote]

You walked through the door, so that is an improvement for them.

I went in to the Reno store tonight and the store is still full. Maybe 2 other people in the store when I was there at 6:30. I checked out the games and only 10% still but I noticed that the changed the signs on accs for the PSP they had them at 25% off but the rack only had PS3 stuff so I grabbed a eye toy and went up to the front. It only rang up as 10% off but I told the girl about the other sign and we walked over there and scored on that. The only others things on the rack were the Bluray remote and PS2 memory card reader so im sure that was a ymmv

it looks like they are taking more time to do this close out then the last one. Probably all the PS3/360/other systems are gone now with 10% off.

Practically everything video game wise is gone in the one located by me. The only thing left are some crappy sports games for PS2.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet,

I spoke with an employee at Compusa in my area and he said percentage drops will most likely begin ocurring on Wednesdays. A nice bit of info if you want to hit the store as soon as prices drop.

*Can't be sure how valid this info is

[quote name='Sacsquash']Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet,

I spoke with an employee at Compusa in my area and he said percentage drops will most likely begin ocurring on Wednesdays. A nice bit of info if you want to hit the store as soon as prices drop.

*Can't be sure how valid this info is[/QUOTE]

Yea wednesdays/thursday's in when the action happens.

[quote name='gemini1001']:) Picked up a new Playstion Eye cam for $29.99 plus 10% off. Good deal.[/quote]

It's 9 bucks at CC.
I can't tell if you did buy it or your playing...:drool:

So far I have picked up the following:
Copy of Resistance Fall of man [10% off]
Copy of Folklore [10% off]
Copy of Overlord [10% off]
Starwars PSP [20% off]
22" LCD TV [10% off]
19" LCD TV [10% off]
A lot of World of Warcraft Trading Cards [10% off]

What makes this liquidation even better is the closest Compusa to my house is in NH so on top of the discount there is no sales tax!

So the deals are still weak? I saw somewhere a guy pulled off the newly placed sticker on some DVD-Rs. Turns out they used to be $4.99, CompUSA had marked them up to $9.99 and then taking off 15%...

I mean, really guys?

[quote name='prateeko']So the deals are still weak? I saw somewhere a guy pulled off the newly placed sticker on some DVD-Rs. Turns out they used to be $4.99, CompUSA had marked them up to $9.99 and then taking off 15%...

I mean, really guys?[/quote]

There are some deals to be had, but for the most part they are still weak. A rule of thumb I use is before I buy something I check the price of it on newegg or amazon to see how cheap I could get it for. Amazon and Newegg are almost always cheaper, but there are some rare instances where the compusa "sale" price is better.
For me the things i picked up were decent prices not crazy deals but deals none the less.
prateeko you are correct almost everything in the store was bumped up to MSRP prior to the sale. I mean a 4 gig sandisk memory stick was at 99.00 price at compusa, when i checked newegg it was 57.99.
I think the only deals i really got were on the two TVs I picked up and the PSP I grabbed yesterday.

I drove by (did not enter the store) the local store today. It had a sign stating everything was now 15-30% off. So I am guessing that the video games have dropped another 5% :roll:.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']It's 9 bucks at CC.
I can't tell if you did buy it or your playing...:drool:[/quote]

It is? Are you joking? Is there a thread about it?

[quote name='guessed']It is? Are you joking? Is there a thread about it?[/quote]
I bought 3.

I'm sure it's in the Circuit City Clearence.
Says 16.98, but it's for sale for around 8.98, basically 9 bucks.

I went to my Compusa and they had all vidgames at 15% off but had blacked out stickers on the "sale price" and just had the old retail prices on the games.

Didnt see anything that tickled my fancy except Lego Star Wars 2 for 360 at 18.98 before the 15% off. I had to pass though as LSW: Complete is available for a bit more.

I can't believe people are buying stuff for 10% off.....Altough I don't blame them, if u have to buy something at the moment, well what the heck!It happened to me....I just ordered a new vid card a visiontek radeon hd 3850 at 169.99$

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129101 and since the shipping to Puerto Rico kind of sucks....I decided to buy the new psu locally, so I went to compusa to check, all power supplies were 25% off, so since compusa prices are always higher the psu that I bought came about like if I would've bought it online, only no shipping charges...so..........

[quote name='hcamacho']I can't believe people are buying stuff for 10% off.....Altough I don't blame them, if u have to buy something at the moment, well what the heck!It happened to me....I just ordered a new vid card a visiontek radeon hd 3850 at 169.99$

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129101 and since the shipping to Puerto Rico kind of sucks....I decided to buy the new psu locally, so I went to compusa to check, all power supplies were 25% off, so since compusa prices are always higher the psu that I bought came about like if I would've bought it online, only no shipping charges...so..........[/quote]

aye this "sale" in my opinion is only good on things that are at or a bit lower then the online price.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I bought 3.

I'm sure it's in the Circuit City Clearence.
Says 16.98, but it's for sale for around 8.98, basically 9 bucks.[/quote]

I don't see any mention of the PS3 Eye camera in the CC clearance thread, just a few of the PS2 Eyetoy camera games (some with the PS2 Eyetoy included). Are those what you mean?

P.S. Sorry for derailing this thread.

was the PSP specifically posted as 20% off? There's a few in stock by me but 10% off didn't seem like a deal.

Ahh hell, i don't even know if I want a PSP. LOL.

[quote name='daminion']was the PSP specifically posted as 20% off? There's a few in stock by me but 10% off didn't seem like a deal.

Ahh hell, i don't even know if I want a PSP. LOL.[/quote]

I got mine yesterday at the compusa in Nashua NH, it was 199.99 then with the 20% off it was 179.99.

[quote name='guessed']I don't see any mention of the PS3 Eye camera in the CC clearance thread, just a few of the PS2 Eyetoy camera games (some with the PS2 Eyetoy included). Are those what you mean?

P.S. Sorry for derailing this thread.[/quote]

Opps, Sorry about that. Yeah PS2, But I thought it worked with PS3?

[quote name='daminion']was the PSP specifically posted as 20% off? There's a few in stock by me but 10% off didn't seem like a deal.

Ahh hell, i don't even know if I want a PSP. LOL.[/quote]

my mistake the PSP was 10% off. the only reason i got one was to mod it.

bread's done
Back