CompUSA Liquidation starts today - 10-30% off - Complete List Inside

Tirade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw over on SD that the CUSA stores are starting liquidation today.

Prices are starting at 20-40% (eventually going to 90%) off and each store can have a different discount amount. No more returns after today so "try it before you buy it" on electronics. Apparently service plans are still being sold and will be honored.

I'll add a 2nd post so we can update what stores are offering what.

Goodluck!

Edit: According to the liquidation list I posted below, Video game Hardware and Software is starting at 10% off and startegy guides are 20% off.

Yeah, the deals are very bad, I thought they would drop the first week after New Years, but I guess not. Most everything is more expensive during the "liquidation" sales than at normal retail prices. I have noticed that they are "finding" inventory that wasn't there before the liquidation, I presume from other stores run by the liquidation company.

I was getting ready to jump on a copy of Leopard, until I realized that I get more of a discount from the normal price at Amazon than at the liquidation sale.

I picked up Wartech: Senko no Ronde for $8.48 tonight ($9.98 - 15%). That was the only sorta decent deal in the whole store, though.

You know what? I'm glad TigerDirect snagged them.

I live in South Florida. The only SHIT store we have is Brandsmart USA where it feels like everything you buy fell off the back of a truck.

Otherwise, it's Circuit City / Best Buy / CompUSA.

Tiger Direct had about 2 stores, both in Miami. Now Brandsmart has some ACTUAL competition.

Oh, and how did TigerDirect help me out, you ask? I bought a TV at Brandsmart (it was cheapest to buy it there and get a better model than the one available at Best Buy for more $). They pricematch for 30 days.

So I kept checking and sure enough, TigerDirect SOMEHOW (and I don't know how they did it) listed my TV for $300 less than I paid for it.

Which was impressive b/c I felt like I got a good deal.

So I went to Brandsmart and they said "Oh, we can't match that, it's an internet store." Now, while it's true they are internet based, I had to explain that TigerDirect DOES have a storefront and it's in freaking Miami which is only 40 minutes south of where we were.

Cue discount. Thanks, Tiger Direct!

Just visited the Des Moines, IA CompUSA - video games (and most computer components, such as HDDs, video cards, etc.) were still at 15% off. They had Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Battialion Wars ii, but I am waiting until 30% to pick those up.

Stopped by the store in Salem NH today, 20% off essentially everything, 40% on books. Most of the stock is pretty depleted, though theres still a decent selection of games (specifically PSP, PS3, and 360) just 1-3 copies of most titles left though. They also had a couple 120gb HDDs and a few random cables/controllers and memory cards. Of course no systems left, handheld or otherwise. PC selection was in a bit better shape.

They still had other stuff as well like players, displays, a couple laptops and TVs, though i didnt check the sign near them to see what they were marked down to. Every sign i did see on my wanderings was at least 20% though.

[quote name='qwerty1']Stopped by the store in Salem NH today, 20% off essentially everything, 40% on books. Most of the stock is pretty depleted, though theres still a decent selection of games (specifically PSP, PS3, and 360) just 1-3 copies of most titles left though. They also had a couple 120gb HDDs and a few random cables/controllers and memory cards. Of course no systems left, handheld or otherwise. PC selection was in a bit better shape.

They still had other stuff as well like players, displays, a couple laptops and TVs, though i didnt check the sign near them to see what they were marked down to. Every sign i did see on my wanderings was at least 20% though.[/quote]

Did they happen to still have that PS3 Rock Band bundle? lol

[quote name='ebonydad']There is a demo PS3 unit that is sitting out there. I am waiting for the next price drop to buy it. I figure it would make a good price Blu-ray player.[/quote]

Those PS3 demo units are not full PS3s from what I understand, i.e. you cannot do firmware upgrades via the internet but only by the discs the reps carry. Buyer Beware as there are NO returns.

-- Alex

I'm waiting to jump on a new Tv, hoping for something around 50 percent.

I'm sure that it won't ever come to that, though.

I am going to go checkout my local CompUSA today. I saw the Bose Sounddocks at around 20% off last week, wouldnt mind one of those at 50% off. Hoping some good stuff will be left at the 50% off mark!

[quote name='t0llenz']20-40% at the CompUSA in Latham, NY[/quote]

Same in Pittsburgh, PA. I was hoping cell phones would drop some more, since they were 40% off before the recent reduction, but no luck. Game selection was a piece of crap.

Waiting for a bigger drop on some Wi-Fi Skype phones. Maybe a Vista when they get low enough. When the other CompUSA in town went belly up, I got Adobe 8 Standard for 50% off (for our business). But that was when the store was a ghost town and about 5 days before it closed for good.

Note: I purchased my 80GB PS3 from this store currently going out of business when they were 15% off. It was the last one they had on the shelf, and when I asked they didnt have any in the back. Today I go in and see a 80GB in the case (20% off now) that the box makes it look like it was used as a soccer ball. Interesting to me that they seem to be restocking possibly.

[quote name='Hockey37']Same in Pittsburgh, PA. [/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you're talking about Robinson? I'm the reason for the "price is register price, not sticker price' signs in that store... if something mispriced and practically had to wrestle the tall skinny woman in there for the price.

If anyone knows off hand... what are the discounts on the LCD picture frames? That is the only thing I want in our CompUSSR.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']East Lansing, MI had signs for 20-40% off today. I personally am waiting for games to hit 50%.[/QUOTE]

Uh oh someone in my roaming grounds!?

So the selection is pretty decent heh? I might have to stop in there again. Its just not been worth it as their selection and prices were not that great.

I wonder if Pro Duo's are marked down? I missed the staples deal.

[quote name='Advocatus']

If anyone knows off hand... what are the discounts on the LCD picture frames? That is the only thing I want in our CompUSSR.[/quote]

Also looking for this info... although I expect they will still suck compared to online retailer sites.

You are correct, it is the Robinson store.

I think the digital picture frames are still 20%. I know I looked today to see what it was, and it wasn't enough for me to take notice of or remember.

[quote name='Advocatus']I'm guessing you're talking about Robinson? I'm the reason for the "price is register price, not sticker price' signs in that store... if something mispriced and practically had to wrestle the tall skinny woman in there for the price.

If anyone knows off hand... what are the discounts on the LCD picture frames? That is the only thing I want in our CompUSSR.[/quote]

Bullet Witch and Def Jam ICON (both for 360) were $19.99 at my CompUSA so I went ahead and picked them up with the 20% off.

Houston, Texas is still open, but the prices are horrible. They say "up to" 40% off, but nothing worth buying was over 20% off. Also, their prices are so sky high that you can get the same prices at other stores without needing a discount. I wanted to ask when they were officially closing to prevent wasting my time of going back there until right before they shut down, but the employees were nowhere to be found. I guess they're taking full advantage of knowing that they're about to lose their jobs.

[quote name='bassec']Personally, cables I think are the funniest. I love watching people spend $85 on a "retail" $100 Monster HDMI cable, even though I can buy an HDMI cable for like $10 shipped @ Monoprice. I love consumers.[/quote]

What quality difference though?

It's bad here in South FL cause there's fools purchasing crap at 10%-20% off that is regular price else thinking they are getting a deal. I can't believe people were buying 500GB hard drives for $135 that I bought for $100 a few weeks back. TVs that you can buy for $2,000~ online selling for $2500+tax+no exchanges and people are buying...

I'm not sure how this will impact the CompUSA Liquidation, but I know that what was left of CompUSA has been acquired by Systemax/Global Computer/TigerDirect (I purchase from Global for the IT department where I work, and my Global account rep has filled me in on the situation). Apparently Global will no longer operate under that name and have now gone to the CompUSA moniker, while the few TigerDirect retail locations will also be taking on the CompUSA name.

http://news.filefront.com/systemax-to-save-compusa/

[quote name='suthurnlatino']TVs that you can buy for $2,000~ online selling for $2500+tax+no exchanges and people are buying...[/quote]

I wasn't counting on it, but I was hoping to get a good deal on a new Tv. Why can't I just walk into something over 50 percent off?

Oh yeah... because COMPUSA sucks.

[quote name='mkelehan']Zero. They're digital.[/quote]
Agreed, Monoprice $10 cables give the same quality any $100 cable would give.

Back on topic, I really need to walk in there sometime before the one near me closes (if they haven't already). I just feel too lazy...

[quote name='Karyyk']I'm not sure how this will impact the CompUSA Liquidation, but I know that what was left of CompUSA has been acquired by Systemax/Global Computer/TigerDirect (I purchase from Global for the IT department where I work, and my Global account rep has filled me in on the situation). Apparently Global will no longer operate under that name and have now gone to the CompUSA moniker, while the few TigerDirect retail locations will also be taking on the CompUSA name.

http://news.filefront.com/systemax-to-save-compusa/[/quote]
Won't really affect the liquidation. Someone has already bought all that product out, so CompUSA doesn't own it. As it mentions in the article, only about 16 stores MAY be saved. More than likely, they will be some of the Superstores in high traffic, high profile areas, like the one I use to work at in New York.

[quote name='dvdguy']Bullet Witch and Def Jam ICON (both for 360) were $19.99 at my CompUSA so I went ahead and picked them up with the 20% off.[/quote]

LOL at your pic. I thought I was the only one profoundly disturbed by the way Wilford Brimley pronounces "diabetes".

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']LOL at your pic. I thought I was the only one profoundly disturbed by the way Wilford Brimley pronounces "diabetes".[/quote]

QFT my friend!!! I about died laughing at that....

Well, I went out to the local COMPUSA, I looked for some deals, and they were very hard to find. The only two I noticed was .mac for $99 with a 20% discount ($80), and ps2 consoles at 20% off (Makes the black slim around $100, the white Singstar bundle a little more.)

As others have reported, video games were at a 20% discount, but tended to be overpriced for the most part so you really don't save anything. YMMV on the selection, so some recent full priced games might still be a good deal, as long as it is not on sale other places.

[quote name='richdmoore']As others have reported, video games were at a 20% discount, but tended to be overpriced for the most part so you really don't save anything. YMMV on the selection, so some recent full priced games might still be a good deal, as long as it is not on sale other places.[/quote]

Agreed. Only thing I saw that caught my interest was a copy of Gears of War (360) for $39.99 after the 20% off, which is about the same as the lowest price I've seen lately.

[quote name='gantt']Agreed. Only thing I saw that caught my interest was a copy of Gears of War (360) for $39.99 after the 20% off, which is about the same as the lowest price I've seen lately.[/quote]

That game has to friggin' drop soon, right? I mean really, it's 15 months old now...

[quote name='Ronin317']That game has to friggin' drop soon, right? I mean really, it's 15 months old now...[/quote]

It's also just a demo for the unreal engine such a simple and basic game.

Whoever thought .Mac at $80 was a deal forgets that:

a) Amazon has had it at $70 with FS and no tax since time began

and

b) Apple stores sell it for $70 (30 instant off) at least 1-2 times a year if you tell them it's your first .Mac

Yep, I'm waiting until they get some better discounts going. Last weekend when I checked they had computers at %5 off. Give me a break. Once they break %70, count me in.

[quote name='Ronin317']That game has to friggin' drop soon, right? I mean really, it's 15 months old now...[/quote]

No surprise. This happens with popular console exclusives. Look at Resistance on the PS3. Still retails for $59.99, even though I can get a sealed copy on eBay for about $35.

[quote name='reicaden']your circuit city.... o_O

either i missed something, or that doesnt apply to this thread in the least.[/quote]Thats exactly what I was thinking. :p

Maybe he accidentally said circuit city in place of compusa...dunno

My CompUSA had strategy guides at 40% off, and they had some notables like Gears of War and God of War II LE guides.

Thought someone might be interested.

[quote name='v0yce']My CompUSA had strategy guides at 40% off, and they had some notables like Gears of War and God of War II LE guides.

[/quote]

marking the strategy guides at 40% off that's a start..now they just gotta mark the games at 40% than go higher eventually..but who knows with CompUSA:whistle2:k

picked up an iPod 80GB classic finally w/ AppleCare which came out to $230 and $45 after taxes each. So, I saved a few bucks off Amazon and buncha bucks off B&M stores. As far as the guides go, there aren't any good deals in Austin IMHO even with the 40% *original* price.

[quote name='kitty1']marking the strategy guides at 40% off that's a start..now they just gotta mark the games at 40% than go higher eventually..but who knows with CompUSA:whistle2:k[/quote]

There's a Bioshock guide at my CC that I've been eyeing. I hate to pay more than $10 for a guide, but it's one I want as I play through the game.

bread's done
Back